April 19, 2014 | 1756 users online

Styling Products - Matrix - Biolage - Thermal-Active Setting Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ybmelbourne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product after reading a recommendation in a magazine... boy I hate it!!! It makes my fine hair sticky and I am pulling out more hair trying to blow-dry it with a brush. Really not what I expected! I don't know who can use this product, I am returning it to Ulta and I am never buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by kaliblake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The key to using this product effectively is don't spray it directly on your hair. When you spray anything onto your hair, it is difficult to control the amount that sprays out and in most cases, it will be too much making your hair too tacky from the product.

I usually keep a small bowl on my vanity and I spray it into the bowl. Then, I dab my fingers into it and apply what is on my fingers onto the pieces of hair that I'm curling with my curling iron. This way, I'm not drowning my hair in product ... I'm controling the amount and just barely dampening my hair.

When I do this, it is just enough and it works fabulously with my curling iron. It gives me more body, control, hold, and smoothness. My hair is wavy, crazy dry, and frizzes or goes flat at the sign of humidity ... and I have yet in my 30 plus years to figure out which level of humidity will cause it to go frizzy and which will cause it to go flat. Either look doesn't work for me on a bad rainy day. However, this thermal setting spray seems to hold it really well and it doesn't frizz, which is a HUGE plus.

The other plus is that because I'm just dabbing it onto my hair ... a little goes a long way. I'm using less product and it lasts significantly longer. Considering the price, this makes it well worth it. I totally recommend it and as long as you use it the right way, your hair will come out great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by tammyho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF WORKS!!!!!!
So, I am not that kind of person who alway writes reviews. What I do is read reviews lols. However I feel like I have to write something for this spray. It really is AMAZING.
I change my hair style eveyday so yeah, I use heaps of curling irons and other tools/sprays/heat protector. I have thick and hard hair so styling is never a hard work for me. Recently I am so addicted to my Babyliss Pro Ceremic Hot Rollers (30pcs). The sad thing is every time after I use hot rollers (any brand), my lovely curls goes away in a few hours even I use the best strong hold hair spray in the market. I did some research on the internet and decided to try this out. Before I put on my rollers I spray this stuff onto each section of my hair. After my hair cools down I use my normal hair spray. Guess what, my curls stay ALL DAY LONG! Last night I used the same trick when I went out for clubbing and today in the morning when I woke up my hair still had nice waves until I washed it!
This spray feels sticky on my skin however it doesn't make my hair sticky or anything like that. Lovely smell. Definetly will buy it again in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given this product and I was kind of hesitant to buy it and since it was a gift I decided to try it and I immediately fell in love. I highly recommend this product to everyone. It's wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my God I love this stuff. I have very fine limp hair and I always want volume. I spritz this in on damp hair at the crown and sides and blow dry. It gives tremendous hold and grip that lasts TWO DAYS. It is not even slightly greasy, my hair looks clean the next day. I ruffle my fingers through at the roots next day and voila! gorgeous voluminous hair (and trust me, I don't have naturally gorgeous voluminous hair). I've tried sooooo many products and this one beats them all. Reasonably priced at $17 for a good sized bottle that should last a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by HeatWaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This heat styling spray practically glued my hair together. I had to wash it out when I used it on dry hair. On wet hair it worked slightly better, but did nothing to protect my hair. I had horrible damage. I have now gone modified curly girl and no longer use heat stylers.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by CSpringer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I can see why this product may not be right for everyone. I have thick wavy hair and this product is designed to produce more hold than other thermal products- and that's just what I need! This product protects from heat and helps my heavy hair hold it's curl much better than most other thermal products. So if you have lighter hair that is easier to control this product would probaably be to heavy, but for thick/course wavy hair, perfect! Mine tends to have a slight smell of like vinegar though...I don't know I got from a friend, from other reviews it sounds like this is not normal?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice hold when styling with thermal tools (hot rollers in my case). Can give some crunchiness and stiffness, but only when too much is applied. I like to give light, airy sprays and shake/finger through my hair to ensure it's distributed before putting in my rollers.

After moving to a new climate 4 years ago, my natural curls were no longer the same shiny, bouncy, spirally beauties they were back in the dry air and clean water of Colorado. A year or so after moving, I finally conceded nature wasn't doing me any favours, and resorted to hot rollers. I've been working ever since to perfect the combination of hair products to give me good hold and a bit of bounce.

My Babyliss ceramic rollers + this spray + Biolage Volumizing Mousse + KMS Curl Up spray = consistently great hair that lasts all day (come rain, shine, humidity, public transport commuter sweat, etc). I've been regularly complimented by colleagues, friends and strangers alike. I have even been asked if I just got my hair done professionally on a couple of occasions at the end of the day, after having done a full day of work and commuting. So pleased to have finally perfected my routine!

For reference, I have slightly longer than shoulder-length hair and apply a ball of mousse about half the size of my fist after blow drying my hair. I then spray the thermal active spray and curl up (in that order). I also finish with a few spritzes of Paul Mitchell Freeze & Shine spray after taking out my curlers and styling my 'do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by pollyjean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the way this smells. Sort of like caramel with a bit of a musk (not overly sweet). I actually feel like this is making my hair healthier, but I've learned not to over use (3-6 pumps all over) However, the one time I put too much on it did not make my hair feel greasy, just a tad sticky.
I have very fine shortish hair, so I imagine the bottle will last a while. I use this in conjunction with GVP root lifter (amazing for a generic matrix version) and sebastian shaper hair spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by lxb87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is great when using my curling iron. I spray it on my hair before curling with a large barrel iron and finish off with Biolage hair spray. It holds all day long! I've tried just the hair spray and it doesn't hold well on its own, so I know it's this product. Used in conjunction, it's the only way I'll style my hair.