July 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Skincare - Face - illuMask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by devmar

Okay I haven't written a review in forever, but I'm writing this one while wearing my Illumask right now! I went through a TERRIBLE acne breakout when I was 17-18 and I am now 19. My skin had been relatively clear before but out of nowhere, WRECKED. Like, clusters of cystic acne on my cheeks, between my eyebrows, EVERYWHERE. I had been on a regimen for antibiotics for about 9 months which cleared in moderately but I still always had about 5-6 pimples or more on my face at a time.

So right before I turn 19 I start taking Spironolactone, which helps clear my skin up a LOT more, but I'm still going with about 2-3 big red pimples at a time, ALL the time. Enter my faithful illumask. I've been using it for about 4 months now (maybe I reset it, maybe I didn't. Maybe it's why I consider it a good value? lol) and at about 2 months I was completely okay with leaving the house without makeup as I had aboslutely NO big blemishes and still don't usually have to worry about any! Of course I'll get one every once in a blue moon but i believe it was a combination of this and 200mg of Spironolactone a day that finally cleared my skin up when NOTHING else would. It really is a revolution, and the science behind it is legitimate. I actually learned about it in cosmetology school long before this product was even around which is what really led me to try it in the first place.

LADIES IF YOU HAVE ACNE GIVE IT A TRY!! It's 30$ for one mask with 30 treatments on it making it a dollar a day (it's totally extendable guys just look it up) and you just wear it for 15 minutes a day before bed time. What harm could it do really? I still have some semi deep scars leftover on my cheeks and forhead from before, but I think that this and a combination of rosehip seed oil has been helping clear those as well. I bought my mom the anti aging one for mother's day and she doesn't even use it, so I'm thinking about trying it out for my acne scars and to give my skin a little "oomph"? Will definitely update when I try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by confuzzled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've got an all-out push going on for a better complexion, so with that, I'll give the disclaimer that I've been using Retin A, Aloe Vera gel and hyaluronic serum for a while as well. BUT, I do believe the Illumask (for anti-aging) has made a difference. Someone told me I don't have a line on my face just this week, so I had to do a close-up inspection since I was nearing Day 30 of the mask. While my crow's feet are still there when I smile, they are gone when I'm not. Fine lines under my eyes are also gone. IMO, $30 is a little steep these days, but being able to reset one once or twice before having to buy a new one is acceptable. I would buy this again.

I was intrigued by the reset info in a review below but still confused. I believe there is a "how to" video on YouTube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by LynneaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am down to my last 9 days on the Anti Aging mask. I walked by this at Walmart and thought what is that? I decided to go home and do my research before buying it. I saw both positive and negative reviews but I figured for 30 dollars it was not a big deal and per the box and website they would refund my money if I didn't like it for the first 15 days.

Yes.. it looks crazy when you have it on and I haven't told my family I am using it yet... so I only do it at night when they are already in bed or in the morning before I get going. Giving anything 15 min of my life is a pain, but I think this has been worth it. I generally fall asleep with it on so I guess a little nap isn't all that bad.

What I notice so far, I had some redness from a breakout a few months ago that have faded to almost nothing. When I get a breakout it seems to heal much more quickly and with no discoloration while I have been using the mask. I have not noticed any wrinkle reduction around my eyes, not sure if that is because they eye guard covers the area or what. I have always had "good" skin but as you age it changes. I feel like this has definitely improved the texture and I feel my skin looks dewy and smoother. Like another reviewer I was adding more and more foundation layers and I feel like I could go with just a BB cream on days I am not at work now. I haven't had comments from anyone on my skin but like I said, in general for a woman my age I have good skin.

I will definitely buy another one as the instructions are to do 2 masks for 60 days and then to use on every other day or so. I have missed a day here and there and when I can I will make them up by masking in the morning and then at night before bed. I have spent more than $30 for a hope in a jar and I do feel this has been worth it.

UPDATE: I got thru the first 30 days and will definitely by another one. My best friend who is a fabulous Esthetician saw me today and remarked on how fabulous my skin looked. We were outside in daylight and for her to notice.. Yea.. I'll buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by calicosteph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the anti-acne mask. I have used this for over a month now and am currently on my second mask. Overall it has improved my complexion! My skin seems less oily, smoother, and has noticeably less acne. However, it doesn't completely prevent acne since I just got a giant cystic pimple on my nose =(. But the amount and frequency of breakouts has significantly declined. Currently, the pimple on my nose is the only active pimple I have right now and the rest of my skin is pretty clear. It also helps get rid of smaller pimples faster. Overall a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by FlyingBuddha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not sure why I can't rate this product a 5, the system won't let me. It may be because there are so many 'fake' reviews out there on Amazon - which I will go into momentarily...

Firstly, if you are considering purchasing this product - do it! I have used it literally FIVE times and strangers are telling me my skin is beautiful. Someone who has known me professionally for 20 years asked me if I was wearing makeup because it didn't look like it and "what did I do to my skin?". I have cut my makeup routine in 1/2 because this thing is making my skin so fresh, and I'm 43 years old! SO - it truly is legit - this thing works. I look glowing and 'fresh' - and I honeslty don't understand how it works - it just does. There is NO way I can say I see wrinkles disappearing after 5 days, but something very obvious is going on. With all we spend on 'miracle' creams, ect... for $30 this works far beyond all of the multitudes of $120 creams I've tried and it does NOT break me out, in fact it is very healing.

So, pertaining to the Amazon reviews. I would suggest to this company to just let the product speak for itself because posting obviously FAKE reviews immediately negates the value of the product. It is a VERY newly released product that could not possibly have the amount of reviewers it has, none verified buyers and MOST have only reviewed this one product and they all have a similar tone. I.e. they all say, "Oh, it gives me 15 minutes a day to myself!". Really - no one says that in reviews - we are not happy to give this thing 15 minutes a day - but we'll do it for the benefits because it works. Posting fake reviews makes people skeptical - let your product speak for itself, it really works. And, do NOT buy it on Amazon. It's $30 at ULTA and they are charging $47 on Amazon. That is quite the difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by DoSm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have been using this product for almost two months. LOVE IT! Easy to use, inexpensive and most importantly, the results are amazing. I have received so many complements on my skin during the time of use. My lines have definitely softened around the eyes. The dark spots are so much less visible now. The complexion is "glowing". Highly recommend for skin improvement as well as a hidden bonus, 15 minute of "me" time.
Hope they do not discontinue. I am addicted.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by emilyjune2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I have used the Anti-Aging mask fro 16-18 treatments daily and I have glowing skin! I picked this mask up to help with my hyperpigmentation left by my unsightly acne breakout I had a year ago and left horrible red (1-2 inch patches) on my cheeks. After the first week, I noticed my skin was absolutely smooth; it smoothed out 80% of my acne SCARS (the pits) on my cheeks! I was shocked because I wasn't expecting ANYTHING to help those bad boys but they are gone! The red places are slowly fading, but I feel they are going to take a couple more months of treatment for my skin to get back to normal..
I found a review made on Amazon where someone has figured how to reset it; this means less money spent AND less landfill waste! I have not tried to reset it yet, so I do not know if this actually works, but I plan on trying it in about a week. Here are the steps:

1. Open the unit, and replace the four AA batteries.
2. Connect a wire between the POSITIVE terminal and the labeled RESET copper pad on the printed circuit board. Press the POWER ON button.
3. Move the wire to connect the POSITIVE terminal and the labeled TEST copper pad on the printed circuit board, and press the POWER ON button.
4. The counter will reset from 0 to 30 uses.

The only step that confuses me is 2, when it says connect "A" wire, do they mean connect THE wire? I'll have my dad try to reset it haha

Anywho, I believe this is the best treatment for MY face, and therefore I will continue using it faithfully. I am considering buying the anti-acne one for the week out of the month I get my monthly gift haha. During this week, I get terrible 3-4 cystic acne on my jawline that takes forever to go away (probably just hormones so this anti-acne mask might not help). My skin has been glowing since day 1 and I have been using less and less makeup. I am now down from Revlon Colorstay (2 layers-Full coverage) to a 1 layer of Pond's Illuminating BB Cream! WHOOHOO! Guys, seriously, go get one. This is a skincare revolution; be the first to join!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by aquebede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am currently on day 10 and can really tell a difference. It's working on those fine lines around my eyes that I notice when I upload pictures on my blog. This last blog post - the lines weren't there. Eureka!

If you're interested in reading my post and seeing pictures, please visit website below!

XO

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by KarlaQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used the illuMask for 30 days and have since bought a 2nd one. My skin is so much more even and brighter, the fine lines under my eyes are gone and the lines around my mouth are significantly reduced. I love this product! The box shows 8-weeks results but I'm thinking I might even try going 90 days and see what my results are.