February 1, 2015 | 1166 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Bright Now Vitamin C BB Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2015 9:24:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would call this more of a hydrating primer than a BB cream. A lightweight formula, it does not cause my combination skin to breakout. I did not find it to be brightening or illuminating as the label claims, However, it does minimize pores and it is hydrating. Has a light citrus scent that does not linger. Contains cloudberry oil and seed extract which is supposed to be rich in antioxidants. Also contains glycerin, jojoba oil, sea buckthorn oil and a pinch of stable vitamin C. Overall, a great product from Lumene.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2015 7:04:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

I picked this serum/primer on a lark because it was clearanced for just $9, and so far it's upholding my high opinion of Lumene. This is a creamy, untinted lotion you apply before your BB, foundation, tinted moisturizer etc. and it has an almost imperceptible pearlescence to it. I've been using a proper 20% Vitamin C serum for the past 9 months but it may be too much for my skin at this stage, whereas this product has a nice weight to it and helps keep my skin hydrated in the frigid and dry winter months.

Dimethicone is the second ingredient which is why it's really more of a makeup primer than a serum, but it does a beautiful job of keeping my BB smooth and perfect-looking all day. I apply to clean, dry skin in the morning and allow it to absorb for 5-10 minutes before applying the coordinating Lumene Bright Now BB.

Normally $21.99 for an airtight 1 ounce pump bottle at Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my daily foundation, replacing CG Aqua Smoothers and Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8 in 1 Beauty Balm. The reason it is replacing these 2 staples in my makeup right now is because it has a higher spf than CG Smoothers, and the coverage is better than Maybelline. The downstide to the Lumene is that the spf is only 20 and I like at least a 30 because I live in FL. But I already use Olay spf 30 so I'm still covered, however there are those days when I need to skip some steps in my routine and just get out the door so "all in ones" are great. The second downside is that I find the Lumene to be just a BIT dryer than the other two, but not overly so. You just need to make sure you get it on your face evenly before it settles. I use a flat top makeup brush or a sponge to smooth into place. Sometimes I add a drop of the Olay Regenerist Serum to it before applying - I also use the Olay around my eyes for extra moisturizing. The Lumene can be used around the eye area with settling into fine lines and the coverage is so buildable. This is not a heavy foundations so it will only add so much coverage and will not cover severe discolorations or pimples. I use liquid bronzers to add more color if needed - depending on how much of a tan I have. The Maybelline BB has become my undereye concealer! It has enough coverage for that, slight luminosity, and can add another layer or two if needed with become cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is less of a "BB" anything and more of a light moisturizer. I have oily skin and live in South Florida and this is light enough to use under makeup without become a complete slick. The product is sheer and colorless, but I believe it does have mica in it, however it is so so so superfine that the product looks glowy on the skin. Even in direct sunlight there is no sparkle.

The product is lightweight and absorbs fast. The pump is well made and durable.

I love lumene vitamin C products and along with a couple of their serums this has noticeable helped improve the texture and clarity of my skin. It can be a bit pricy but Walgreens will run BOGO sales with coupons and that's when I tend to stock up.