November 27, 2014 | 1292 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Bright Now Vitamin C BB Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my daily foundation, replacing CG Aqua Smoothers and Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8 in 1 Beauty Balm. The reason it is replacing these 2 staples in my makeup right now is because it has a higher spf than CG Smoothers, and the coverage is better than Maybelline. The downstide to the Lumene is that the spf is only 20 and I like at least a 30 because I live in FL. But I already use Olay spf 30 so I'm still covered, however there are those days when I need to skip some steps in my routine and just get out the door so "all in ones" are great. The second downside is that I find the Lumene to be just a BIT dryer than the other two, but not overly so. You just need to make sure you get it on your face evenly before it settles. I use a flat top makeup brush or a sponge to smooth into place. Sometimes I add a drop of the Olay Regenerist Serum to it before applying - I also use the Olay around my eyes for extra moisturizing. The Lumene can be used around the eye area with settling into fine lines and the coverage is so buildable. This is not a heavy foundations so it will only add so much coverage and will not cover severe discolorations or pimples. I use liquid bronzers to add more color if needed - depending on how much of a tan I have. The Maybelline BB has become my undereye concealer! It has enough coverage for that, slight luminosity, and can add another layer or two if needed with become cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is less of a "BB" anything and more of a light moisturizer. I have oily skin and live in South Florida and this is light enough to use under makeup without become a complete slick. The product is sheer and colorless, but I believe it does have mica in it, however it is so so so superfine that the product looks glowy on the skin. Even in direct sunlight there is no sparkle.

The product is lightweight and absorbs fast. The pump is well made and durable.

I love lumene vitamin C products and along with a couple of their serums this has noticeable helped improve the texture and clarity of my skin. It can be a bit pricy but Walgreens will run BOGO sales with coupons and that's when I tend to stock up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This serum is light, yet moisturizing, and it leaves a "radiant" (mica) finish on my skin. I like it as a "night cream" because it tones and brightens without being greasy. This is lightly fragranced, but the scent doesn't bother me. In fact, I like it. It smells like fresh oranges. For years I've always used Olay Regenerist Fragrance-free serum for when I needed a relatively inexpensive antioxidant night moisture/day serum, but after using Lumene Bright Now I've found a new "staple"! This really makes my skin look great.

Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Polysilicone-11, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glycerin, Steareth-2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica (CI 77891,) Titanium Dioxide, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Enantia Chlorantha (Bark) Extract, Xantham Gum, Lecithin, Sodium Phythate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Algae Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Oleanolic Acid, Helianthus Annuss (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Gereniol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Fragrance.