L'Occitane CREME MAINS Hand Cream

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My dad originally purchased this product for me in France along with some other L'Occitane products. I use the Lavender hand cream the most. It smells fantastic and leaves my hands soft but never greasy. I have heard it is a bit expensive here in the US, but I would repurchase especially since so many other lotions and creams leave me feeling greasy. It is totally worth it.

L'Occitane does some lovely body products, and their hand creams are great. I've just finished a large tube of the 'Honey' version, but I like to keep tiny tubes of various fragrances in different handbags, in my desk drawer in work, by the side of my bed etc.
The 'Honey' version I'm reviewing is a thick white cream that contains 20% shea butter. Although it is dense, I find it sinks in easily and doesn't feel at all greasy - which is probably my biggest bugbear when it comes to handcreams. It smells really sweet, and the scent lingers on my skin. I think I prefer some of L'Occitane's floral varieties - not really being a gourmand girl - but that's of course, just a matter of taste. I tend not to wear the honey version as my day time handcream, but it's lovely for a comforting shot of moisture before bed, or if I'm lounging about the house. I get an instant dose of soothing hydration on my winter-ravaged skin, though I don't find it CURES dryness. So, while I don't find it a HEALING handcream when my skin gets really dry, it works very well as a maintenance product, to help in the upkeep of soft, supple skin.

Ingredients (apologies if any typos!!):
WATER, SHEA BUTTER, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, RAPESEED STEROLS, COCONUT OIL, ROSEMARY LEAF EXTRACT, SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, HONEY EXTRACT, CETEARETH-33, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, BENZOIC ACID, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, FRAGRANCE

on 2/3/2013 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have really dry hands so i've used a lot of hand lotions and creams but i doesnt do anything for me
So i've baught the almond gift set and it came with the almond hand cream
And i couldn't believe that
My hand are moisturized and soft from the first time (after scrubing them with the almond scrub) and it smells AMAZING

on 1/19/2013 5:47:00 PM

I love the Lavender hand-cream. It feels really smooth and luxurious while absorbing into the skin quickly. Additionally, the scent is *real* lavender which I always need with me for the calming effect. Even just rubbing a drop into my hands, I get a heavenly moment of inhaling the lavender before it sinks in. Plus, the tube fits perfectly in my purse.

What I love about this hand cream is that it's not greasy at all or waxy. I hate that waxy feel and end up needing to wash that type off. It's very thick, and the scent is light. I think I do like the one by Clinique better however. I paid $10.00 for a 1 oz tube.

on 10/13/2010 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This product is currently offered free with a magazine which is why I'm going to re-buy it, but after that I doubt I'll buy it again.
I have the Fleur Cherie hand cream and it smells divine. It's travel size, which is why I bought it, and does a good job of making my hands soft. If you can afford it, I recommend it!

on 9/19/2010 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I love this handcream, buy it repeatedly. I cheated on it and bought the Bliss handcream, but quickly came back to L'Occitane. Yes, it's expensive, no doubt about it. But it works! I don't need much, and love the small tube with screw cap that fits in my purse easily. My hands feel tight and uncomfortable when they are dry, and the cream immediately eases this. It leaves a bit of a greasy film, nothing a quick wipe with a kleenex can't solve. The smell is not bothersome, to me it smells like talcum powder. My husband has used this, and he's very smell sensitive, and never said it bothered him. I don't buy this for all over moisturizing, there are cheaper options for my stubbly legs, but for my hands, this is the best lotion I've ever found.

on 9/13/2010 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cream thoroughly moisturizes without leaving hands slippery, and has a very subtle fragrance.
A single tube is a little pricey, but a small amount of product goes a long way; does a good job on cuticles, too.

on 5/15/2010 3:52:00 AM

This is a bit overpriced for sure so I had to knock one lippy off. It smells devine sort of like lavender and herbs very earthy. Totally non-greasy once dry now that's a first. Yet I'll never buy again because of the price. So sad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice product. Works well, not very greasy, dries quickly. Spring flower garden scent that I don't love. Lots of great hand creams in this price point!