August 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Styling Products - Conair - Conair® Infiniti Pro Instant Heat Tourmaline Ceramic Flocked 2-Inch 8-Roller Hair Setter

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HeidiML

Love this big jumbo hot roller set! It's EXACTLY what I was looking for to add body and volume to my hair. My hair is just past shoulder length, fairly fine, and color treated.

The set comes with 8 large 2" hot rollers, 8 clips, and the storage/heating case. The set heats up fast. There's a white "done" spot on one of the rollers, but it's light and not that easy to see so I don't pay too much attention to it. The unit is sleek and the lid is left down during heating, which is nice since some other hot roller sets require the lid to stay up. It's nice not having the lid sticking up in the way all the time. The cord is a decent length. A handle would be nice - but then again I'm not carting the set around a lot so I don't miss the handle too much. The rollers have a slot in them that fit over the heating element instead of each roller having a hole that fits onto a heated post. The slot doesn't affect the styling at all.

Very easy to use! I just grab a section of my hair, roll the section around the roller and clip* it into place. I find having 8 rollers is enough - they work well with big sections of hair. Then again my hair is fairly fine. Someone with very thick hair may wish the set had more rollers.

*Regarding the clips....this is my only negative about this set. I totally understand the idea behind the four pronged clip design - it's to avoid the "clip line" that can happen with traditional "claw" type clips. However, the four pronged clips just don't hold the rollers in place as well as they should. This can be a hassle especially around the ears where it's important to keep HOT rollers up and away from the ears (ouch!). If the clips held on better then this set would be 100% perfect. They might work a bit better with thicker hair.

I found the cheapest price to be at Ulta, and even cheaper since I had a coupon and some reward points to use. Well worth the money; this set give me MUCH more volume and body than a large curling iron or velcro rollers. Also MUCH faster. Glad I got these!