November 22, 2014 | 1607 users online

Powders - Physicians Formula - Nude Wear Touch of Glow - Light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I bought this when they first came out and admittedly I hated them. I tried a bunch and just said, w/e these are worthless. I tossed it back in my drawer and forgot about it for months. Few months ago I picked it out again forgetting how much I disliked it and on a whim I used it as a full face setting powder.

NOW I love it. This used as a setting powder for me was perfect. It gave me a glow that just brightened my face and set my foundation. I have been using this every day since and almost hit pan. It's a mix of four colors and matches any skin when they are mixed together. You can also use each color by itself to make a highlight, which I have done too, but I prefer it as a setting powder.

I use it to brighten under the eyes as well after concealer and it's just fantastic. I will be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this powder and I don't normally use powder foundation. Once the glitter overspray is rubbed off it is a nice color combo to use on light make up days. Gives a pretty glow to skin. You just need to rub brush over to loosen glitter and blow it in trash so you don't have a sparkly face. The color combo is great for light make up days when my skin isn't too dry. I never use powder when I'm very dry. This didn't break me out or give my skin a reaction. I find the shade a wee bit dark for me at my fairest but I find this problem with physicians formula in general. They only work for limited skin tones, basically light -medium tones. I always wish their packaging was less bulky as well. I think I would purchase their products more if they were packaged thinner. Overall I do like the 4 square color combos with nude lippie and black mascara for "natural" looks. Phys Formula products are a bit expensive for DS but when they have a sale it is a good deal. The peach/nude combo brightens face so blush isn't necessary.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by cthuynh93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THIS IS THE REVIEW FOR THE CONCEALER IN THIS LINE..
sorry everyone, couldn't find the page for the concealer but felt inclined enough to write a review..

BRAND/PACKAGING: so just my thoughts on the overall brand is that they spend a lot of time on their packaging and revamping each collection to match their product promotion(elegant, natural, clean, girly etc), and yet most of the time their products are subpar, especially some of their foundations/concealer and eyeshadows in most lines and i find that some of their organic line are too powdery... this line of nude wear falls withing the elegant/romantic/girly category, if you see the concealer packaging, you will still get it despite my non-glowing review lol . which led me to repurchasing the physician formula brand that i always get suckered in to trying again. it's a twist cclick pen btw.

COLOR: the concealer shade available is not a universal color at all, its not a light color that 'color corrects' and is only available in one color that is roughly nc35/37 beige undertone. (which was already a con as i like to concealer my under eyes with a more yellow base to brighten it up and at least 1-2 shades lighter.) now i ask what about girls lighter than nc35. can be a bronzer pen perhaps? my point is that you can not advertise this as a highlighting pen if it does not do so for a large majority of women out there... I bought it online not realizing how deep of a beige it was and when i swatched it on my face, its the exact match with luminescent. so this product was not a total waste atleast

PRODUCT: moving on to the quality of it.. there is such a thing as too natural, and this product is one of them. I like how when blending out the product, it feels virtually like nothing as its so light, but the coverage is extremely lacking. Trust me when i say this has zero coverage as i love the natural look and usually opt for tinted moisturizers and merely dab extra tinted moisturizer on as a concealer or a liquid concealer pen that's known for light to medium coverage at best.At most can work for you as a natural highlighting pen for nc35-40 and maybe darker.. so basically this will not work even on discolorations or tiny blemishes

COMPARISON/PRICE: just to bring up my favorite highlighting pen maybelline dream lumi touch pen, the maybelline is much better than this physician formula as it is half the price (6-7) and does a much better job as it highlights yet still has a decent coverage for what its advertised for, which is to fix slight discolorations and redness. it's also available in at least 5-7 shades..p.f's product is around 12-14 dollars and does almost nothing for your face.

FINAL VERDICT: not complete junk as i do appreciate the texture and appearance of the product, however the nonexistent color choices and poor wear time/ coverage defeats its whole purpose as a highlighting concealer. and definitely not worth the 14 dollars. you're better off with rimmel perfect match, maybelline dream lumi, or too face absolute flawless concealer; all ideal for the natural look with noticeable coverage. walk away from the pretty packaging, you've been warned =);

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably one of the nicest powders sold by Physcian's Formula that I have ever used. I picked it up after having to go completely Gluten free with makeup and thought it would help bring some color to my awesomely pale face..lol

Cute Packaging, Very smooth and light powder that gives a soft focus glow and it's not cakey at all. I've use other PF powders in the past and a lot of them end up chalking and laying in my fine lines. This one really helps set my makeup and give me a polished but natural look.

I would buy this again only if it was on sale. My biggest complaint is that the packaging is a little deceiving. It's a thicker box but the pan itself is very shallow. Within 8 days of use I hit pan. So for the cost, I think it is too much for the amount of product you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful powder from Physicians Formula and I really am enjoying it. You can wear it alone or over foundation which is what I do. It's supposed to give you that, "bare" faced look. I just think it's a really nice finishing powder or no makeup,makeup powder. It has four blocks of colour which you swirl together with the brush. It does make you look healthy I can attest because it's that time and I am always extra pale with this on I look alive and healthy not sickly;)

One person thought that this was similar to Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. I have no idea but I do know it gives you that nice glow that I desperately need. I got this very cheap with 2 coupons but I marked the price expensive because for a DS powder it is. I will give them this it's quality imo. Plus I always get coupons and got 2 PF products for less than 10$. So you can get these for a reasonable price plus the fact that they avoid all the bad stuff I appreciate that.

For me I like to apply this with a powder brush or my stipple. The silver shimmer comes off in a few swipes. Seriously just swipe it off then you have a buttery soft satin with a touch of sheen. Nothing crazy at all which I really like. Once my base has set I apply this all over on my face and neck paying more attention to my neck and area's I want a little more pronounced. I finish my makeup and will either use this again or setting powder and I'm good. This hasn't made me break out and if your extra dry like me you might want to make sure you moisturize well beforehand because it can feel too dry if you don't. So it does control oil. I really like this I went in for a bronzer and came out with this and I'm glad I did! Give it a try it's a nice product. Recommended!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No