Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo

2.7

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Polyquaternium-10, Coceth-7, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, PPG-9, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 19140, CI 17200, CI 42090

I bought it because it sounded like everything my hair needed!
I have thin, flat, hair, an oily scalp and very dry ends.
This shampoo makes my hair have volume but gives me an uncontrollable amount of dandruff!
Other than that it does nothing for me.
It is cheap and the packaging is cute but I would never repurchase this.

I bought this shampoo the other day because I wanted to find a less expensive alternative to my Nexxus HG shampoo, and I will not repurchase. It was not the worst shampoo with regard to consistency or smell, but it left somewhat of a strange texture/film on my hair. Nor was my hair as shiney and manageable as it is with my HG.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have fine hair with oily roots and dry ends. I have to wash it 5-7 times a week to make sure it's presentable. I have yet to find a shampoo that takes care of the oiliness without drying out my hair and this is no exception.
The first week I was using this, I thought I found my HG. Second week was so-so. By the end of that week I needed some deep conditioning to rescue my hair - it felt like straw. The day after the treatment, this shampoo looked like HG again.
I'm trying to use this every other wash, right now, and use a more hydrating shampoo in between. My hair looks great with this shampoo & conditioner - very soft, great shine... really no complaints except it doesn't actually help with the oiliness (but it also doesn't make it worse like some products). I think it does give me a bit of volume (that wasn't the main reason I tried it).
Didn't feel any grains/sand or anything like that.
Will finish it, since using it every other day looks and feels right, but I'm not sure anything this drying is healthy for my hair. I'm hoping to find something better in the future... but if I won't, I'll consider buying again using this every 2-3 days.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My Mom bought this shampoo with the conditioner together for herself but her scalp started to itch after using it so she gave them to me. No bad reaction with me, but this product is definitely not a good one. My hair got very dry.

The only pro is the nice smell.

I have fine, long, wavy hair. I have tried using this off and on for the last month. It's horrible for me. I am a greasy mess by the end of the day, which is not typical for me. This is with my hair pulled back out of the way and I am not overly touching/brushing it. The worst part of this product is the little beads that I find on my scalp at the end of the day. It is seriously disgusting. I've read that they are gel beads and evidently they don't wash out. I found 5 on my scalp last night by just running my hands through my hair. Definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Sigh... I don't know where to begin. At the beginning? So I got this in March 2015. I got it because I read reviews here and really loved that it was moisturizing. See, I'm growing my hair and it tends to grow very fast with moisturizing or oil products (ex coconut oil or sulfate free shampoos). I love the packaging to this day because it's ombré and I've never seen that before! For the first 3 months, I LOVED IT. Thought I would never use another shampoo again. It made my hair shiny, soft, healthier, bouncier, everything it said it would. Then in June (now) with the humidity and heat outside, my hair is FRIED. DYING. It's bad. It gets so greasy so quick and so flat and matted onto my head. Also I should mention that that "dry skin and dry hair" that people say they get in winter, yeah I get that in summer. It's so backwards I don't understand. Also the moisturizing component didn't make my hair grow faster and it usually does which leads me to believe this isn't really moisturizing at all. In fact, my hair has been growing slower! Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing because it's drying and makes my hair a new type- combination, which is something I've never had before this shampoo. My roots are oily and my ends are fried. I use no heat-like ever. Only for special occasions do I curl it. Please save your money. Don't buy.

I never do reviews on anything but this shampoo + conditioner I LOVE!!!!!!! I am Hispanic and I have a lot of hair I wash my hair ever other day or sometimes literally twice a week.. I use to use other shampoos and I would get dandruff. with this shampoo I could last days without washing my hair because it feels so soft and clean and smells so good.. I would highly recommend this !!! I dyed my hair alot and my hair was very damaged even my husband and mom noticed my hair is super soft like seriously I don't get tiered of saying it lol

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am shocked at all the bad reviews for this shampoo. As unbelievable as this sounds, this is my HG. I have been using it for several weeks and it is leaving my oily, flat, growing out hair soft with lots of volume and bounce.
I thought maybe it was just my hair at a "good stage" and for a few days went back to my other shampoos. Nope. It was this Dove oxygen stuff.

Again my hair is super oily. I work outside two to three hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year, plus have a regular 8 hour office job, so it may be this shampoo that everyone says is over drying is perfect for me because I'm a freak. On a regular basis, I do not use conditioner of any kind and never have. This shampoo is not over stripping my hair at all and also not weighing it down.
I am now waiting for them to discontinue it because that's what happens when you find an HG!

First of all let me say that I love dove products. This shampoo however is a bit different. It smells great, but was quite drying for my long wavy highlighted hair. I only successfully used this after extremely sweaty workouts and obstacle course/ mud runs. it does work wonderfully to get all that gunk out but must be followed by a very moisturizing conditioner. so...As a shampoo for regular washes, this is not for me. I do however love it for the other occasions I mentioned. so yes, I will purchase again... race season is about to begin in a few weeks and I'll need it. :-)

Awful! This shampoo stripped my hair and made it a frizzy , dry mess even with the matching conditioner . I had to do a deep conditioning treatment to get my hair to feel normal again after using this. Never again will I try Dove hair care.