Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo

2.9

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Polyquaternium-10, Coceth-7, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, PPG-9, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 19140, CI 17200, CI 42090

on 5/12/2015 4:59:00 PM

I never do reviews on anything but this shampoo + conditioner I LOVE!!!!!!! I am Hispanic and I have a lot of hair I wash my hair ever other day or sometimes literally twice a week.. I use to use other shampoos and I would get dandruff. with this shampoo I could last days without washing my hair because it feels so soft and clean and smells so good.. I would highly recommend this !!! I dyed my hair alot and my hair was very damaged even my husband and mom noticed my hair is super soft like seriously I don't get tiered of saying it lol

on 5/3/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am shocked at all the bad reviews for this shampoo. As unbelievable as this sounds, this is my HG. I have been using it for several weeks and it is leaving my oily, flat, growing out hair soft with lots of volume and bounce.
I thought maybe it was just my hair at a "good stage" and for a few days went back to my other shampoos. Nope. It was this Dove oxygen stuff.

Again my hair is super oily. I work outside two to three hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year, plus have a regular 8 hour office job, so it may be this shampoo that everyone says is over drying is perfect for me because I'm a freak. On a regular basis, I do not use conditioner of any kind and never have. This shampoo is not over stripping my hair at all and also not weighing it down.
I am now waiting for them to discontinue it because that's what happens when you find an HG!

on 4/14/2015 11:00:00 PM

First of all let me say that I love dove products. This shampoo however is a bit different. It smells great, but was quite drying for my long wavy highlighted hair. I only successfully used this after extremely sweaty workouts and obstacle course/ mud runs. it does work wonderfully to get all that gunk out but must be followed by a very moisturizing conditioner. so...As a shampoo for regular washes, this is not for me. I do however love it for the other occasions I mentioned. so yes, I will purchase again... race season is about to begin in a few weeks and I'll need it. :-)

on 3/18/2015 2:54:00 PM

Awful! This shampoo stripped my hair and made it a frizzy , dry mess even with the matching conditioner . I had to do a deep conditioning treatment to get my hair to feel normal again after using this. Never again will I try Dove hair care.

on 3/10/2015 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have straight virgin Asian hair that is on the oily and flat side. I'm not really the target audience for this shampoo but I didn't realize that until I had already used it a couple of times and it was about average for a shampoo so I did not bother returning. I used this with in conjunction with the matching Dove Oxygen Moisture Conditioner.

The shampoo cleaned my hair well enough but did not make it any more voluminous. I needed to use more of it in order to lather well, however I do think that since this is intended for fine hair (which I do not have) this is not a problem with the product itself. I do not normally have problems with build-up or residue and this shampoo was not an exception.

Overall, a thoroughly average shampoo that I do not mind using but wouldn't go out of my way to purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo/conditioner smells great and will make your hair incredibly soft but if you're trying to get volume from using it-forget it! This stuff made my hair so incredibly flat. Sad though because that scent <3

on 1/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

I have oily, fine, flat, long hair. This shampoo is just ok. It doesn't strip my hair or make it dry or frizzy as others have had happen. But it does leave these little gel beads in my hair which don't rinse out completely and that kind of grosses me out. It doesn't seem to give my hair any volume at all. I would not repurchase.

on 11/26/2014 1:12:00 AM

I used this with the matching conditioner (which I like better.) This thick gel-like shampoo lathers well, smells like mild Dove body wash (clean and slightly sweet). It left my fine, long hair clean and shiny. I love the matching conditioner, as I get smooth and shiny hair that styles well with it. This was just an okay shampoo. I don't agree that this shampoo will strip your hair. I find that it didn't clean as well as I like. I could feel build-up on my scalp after using this for 3 days in a row.

Pros-It didn't weigh my hair down and it left it clean, nice smelling, and smooth/shiny/healthy-looking. Cons - build up after time. I've switched it out with a different shampoo every other day, and it works great. I won't necessarily buy this again. Just okay product.

on 11/3/2014 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great shampoo if you are in the market for the following:
-a strong clarifying product that will removal ALL the styling residual product from your hair
-a shampoo that will thoroughly clean your scalp because your scalp just gets naturally a little smelly throughout the day and you've never been able to go more than 24 hours without washing your hair
-you want your scalp and hair to be as clean as possible because you're not planning on washing your hair for a few days

This gel like shampoo will absolutely strip your hair. My hair strands felt very tangled and straw like as I was rinsing out the shampoo and even with conditioner it took a while longer to comb through my wet strands. I was convinced I was going to toss this shampoo away after feeling how extremely stripping it was (and I like clarifying shampoos as well but this was like nothing else I had ever used). However I suddenly saw something unexpectedly magical happen to my hair for the first time ever once it was dry. My dry, unstyled hair had never looked shiner, silkier with no fly aways. Just smooth and silky. My hair felt lighter and bouncier and yes, there actually was a bit more volume. I don't mean vavavoom volume (I need styling mousses, gels and powder for that), just light, natural volume that I haven't seen in my hair in decades. I also couldn't understand why I didn't have flyaways.

I hardly ever go a day without washing and styling my hair - I even get up to wash and style my hair before going to the beach. For the first time ever, I didn't style my hair. It just didn't seem necessary and I loved this new feeling of my hair feeling so light, clean and fresh.

This will be a staple in my lineup of shampoos.

p.s. I would not use this on color treated hair. I have no doubt it'll strip away the color.

on 7/30/2014 10:24:00 AM

I bought this shampoo on a whim during a Target run. This is one of those occasions where whims are very bad things indeed...and now I have $5 bottle to use up as anything BUT shampoo.

Pros:
lovely scent
beautiful packaging

Cons:
SUPER STRIPPING

Another reviewer likened this shampoo to a clarifying shampoo and I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. Terrible stuff. My hair now feels like hay.