November 24, 2014 | 1775 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Oxygen Moisture Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great shampoo if you are in the market for the following:
-a strong clarifying product that will removal ALL the styling residual product from your hair
-a shampoo that will thoroughly clean your scalp because your scalp just gets naturally a little smelly throughout the day and you've never been able to go more than 24 hours without washing your hair
-you want your scalp and hair to be as clean as possible because you're not planning on washing your hair for a few days

This gel like shampoo will absolutely strip your hair. My hair strands felt very tangled and straw like as I was rinsing out the shampoo and even with conditioner it took a while longer to comb through my wet strands. I was convinced I was going to toss this shampoo away after feeling how extremely stripping it was (and I like clarifying shampoos as well but this was like nothing else I had ever used). However I suddenly saw something unexpectedly magical happen to my hair for the first time ever once it was dry. My dry, unstyled hair had never looked shiner, silkier with no fly aways. Just smooth and silky. My hair felt lighter and bouncier and yes, there actually was a bit more volume. I don't mean vavavoom volume (I need styling mousses, gels and powder for that), just light, natural volume that I haven't seen in my hair in decades. I also couldn't understand why I didn't have flyaways.

I hardly ever go a day without washing and styling my hair - I even get up to wash and style my hair before going to the beach. For the first time ever, I didn't style my hair. It just didn't seem necessary and I loved this new feeling of my hair feeling so light, clean and fresh.

This will be a staple in my lineup of shampoos.

p.s. I would not use this on color treated hair. I have no doubt it'll strip away the color.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by foamytea123

I bought this shampoo on a whim during a Target run. This is one of those occasions where whims are very bad things indeed...and now I have $5 bottle to use up as anything BUT shampoo.

Pros:
lovely scent
beautiful packaging

Cons:
SUPER STRIPPING

Another reviewer likened this shampoo to a clarifying shampoo and I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. Terrible stuff. My hair now feels like hay.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a good sized sample of this shampoo and conditioner from new beauty test tube. I've only been using it for like a week but I don't think it's good for daily use. I think it is like a clarifying shampoo, it makes my hair sooo squeaky clean it's almost unsettling. Way too dry and after I wash it, it looks terrible and damaged. I cannot comb through my hair anymore wet or dry without breaking my hair. And that's after using the conditioner. Maybe this would be useful to clarify however I noticed today that it leaves tiny hard clear beads on my scalp! What the heck. I'm not even going to finish the sample as a clarifier. Do not recommend. I also want to mention my hair is normally extremely oily to the point where it's oil soaked halfway through the day after I just washed it. This shampoo has resolved that problem and now it's less oily than usual (maybe can go 24 hrs without washing) but at what cost? Awful

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by jctrains

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product with the conditioner. I really like the design and the fresh scent. After using these products, my hair is smoother and has more volume. It is very lightweight and makes your hair feel nice and fresh.

I have medium length straight hair and I would recommend this product to those who are looking for a little bit more volume and smooth silky hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having an allergic reaction to a high-end shampoo from a particular beauty box, this shampoo was a Godsend. It soothed my scalp and cleaned the gook from my hair that the other shampoo left behind. I shower at night and let my hair air dry, and in the morning my hair is shiny and soft.

I haven't noticed the beads in the shampoo or any sandy feeling, so I'm wondering if those were removed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by shmeckley

If u like residue in your hair then so be it.it leaves nasty gelly beads all over your hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

Good points about this shampoo: It smells great. Really great. It's got a wonderful fresh scent with just a hint of floral that is non-offensive and pleasant in the mornings. I would love more hair products scented with a similar fragrance. The bottle is also aesthetically pleasing. The blue top part of the bottle is actually translucent, and you can see the product inside. I love that.

Bad points about this shampoo: it absolutely stripped my hair. When I used it my hair felt like dry straw that would never be silky again. It seemed to leach all the moisture out of my hair. This shampoo is also more difficult to use than average. In the bottle the shampoo looks kind of like hair gel, and that's because it actually has the consistency of hair gel. It is much thicker than any other volumizing shampoo I have ever used, and it is very hard to work through the hair. I did managed to get it worked over my scalp, but it was hard to get it down through my shoulder-length hair. I suspect this product works best for those with short hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by nayb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this shampoo for the first time while staying at a hotel on a work trip. The next day I noticed it felt like I had sand in my hair. After a few days I was worried that maybe I had gotten lice from my hotel room. Turns out it was just this shampoo. Little gel beads from this shampoo that never seem to rinse out. Also it adds no volume or moisture to my fine hair, I will not by this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Not good. Love the oil nourishing shampoo and conditioner much more. This is very drying. Get the oil nourishing in the white and gold bottle instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Herkillerinstinct

This product says it is for fine, flat hair but really it does nothing to help with those issues. If you take that out of the equation it is an ok shampoo. It smells nice and it lathers well. But overall it's just a generic shampoo.