Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo

2.6

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Polyquaternium-10, Coceth-7, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, PPG-9, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 19140, CI 17200, CI 42090

on 3/18/2015 2:54:00 PM

Awful! This shampoo stripped my hair and made it a frizzy , dry mess even with the matching conditioner . I had to do a deep conditioning treatment to get my hair to feel normal again after using this. Never again will I try Dove hair care.

on 3/10/2015 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have straight virgin Asian hair that is on the oily and flat side. I'm not really the target audience for this shampoo but I didn't realize that until I had already used it a couple of times and it was about average for a shampoo so I did not bother returning. I used this with in conjunction with the matching Dove Oxygen Moisture Conditioner.

The shampoo cleaned my hair well enough but did not make it any more voluminous. I needed to use more of it in order to lather well, however I do think that since this is intended for fine hair (which I do not have) this is not a problem with the product itself. I do not normally have problems with build-up or residue and this shampoo was not an exception.

Overall, a thoroughly average shampoo that I do not mind using but wouldn't go out of my way to purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo/conditioner smells great and will make your hair incredibly soft but if you're trying to get volume from using it-forget it! This stuff made my hair so incredibly flat. Sad though because that scent <3

on 1/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

I have oily, fine, flat, long hair. This shampoo is just ok. It doesn't strip my hair or make it dry or frizzy as others have had happen. But it does leave these little gel beads in my hair which don't rinse out completely and that kind of grosses me out. It doesn't seem to give my hair any volume at all. I would not repurchase.

on 11/26/2014 1:12:00 AM

I used this with the matching conditioner (which I like better.) This thick gel-like shampoo lathers well, smells like mild Dove body wash (clean and slightly sweet). It left my fine, long hair clean and shiny. I love the matching conditioner, as I get smooth and shiny hair that styles well with it. This was just an okay shampoo. I don't agree that this shampoo will strip your hair. I find that it didn't clean as well as I like. I could feel build-up on my scalp after using this for 3 days in a row.

Pros-It didn't weigh my hair down and it left it clean, nice smelling, and smooth/shiny/healthy-looking. Cons - build up after time. I've switched it out with a different shampoo every other day, and it works great. I won't necessarily buy this again. Just okay product.

on 11/3/2014 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great shampoo if you are in the market for the following:
-a strong clarifying product that will removal ALL the styling residual product from your hair
-a shampoo that will thoroughly clean your scalp because your scalp just gets naturally a little smelly throughout the day and you've never been able to go more than 24 hours without washing your hair
-you want your scalp and hair to be as clean as possible because you're not planning on washing your hair for a few days

This gel like shampoo will absolutely strip your hair. My hair strands felt very tangled and straw like as I was rinsing out the shampoo and even with conditioner it took a while longer to comb through my wet strands. I was convinced I was going to toss this shampoo away after feeling how extremely stripping it was (and I like clarifying shampoos as well but this was like nothing else I had ever used). However I suddenly saw something unexpectedly magical happen to my hair for the first time ever once it was dry. My dry, unstyled hair had never looked shiner, silkier with no fly aways. Just smooth and silky. My hair felt lighter and bouncier and yes, there actually was a bit more volume. I don't mean vavavoom volume (I need styling mousses, gels and powder for that), just light, natural volume that I haven't seen in my hair in decades. I also couldn't understand why I didn't have flyaways.

I hardly ever go a day without washing and styling my hair - I even get up to wash and style my hair before going to the beach. For the first time ever, I didn't style my hair. It just didn't seem necessary and I loved this new feeling of my hair feeling so light, clean and fresh.

This will be a staple in my lineup of shampoos.

p.s. I would not use this on color treated hair. I have no doubt it'll strip away the color.

on 7/30/2014 10:24:00 AM

I bought this shampoo on a whim during a Target run. This is one of those occasions where whims are very bad things indeed...and now I have $5 bottle to use up as anything BUT shampoo.

Pros:
lovely scent
beautiful packaging

Cons:
SUPER STRIPPING

Another reviewer likened this shampoo to a clarifying shampoo and I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. Terrible stuff. My hair now feels like hay.

on 7/25/2014 11:59:00 PM

I got a good sized sample of this shampoo and conditioner from new beauty test tube. I've only been using it for like a week but I don't think it's good for daily use. I think it is like a clarifying shampoo, it makes my hair sooo squeaky clean it's almost unsettling. Way too dry and after I wash it, it looks terrible and damaged. I cannot comb through my hair anymore wet or dry without breaking my hair. And that's after using the conditioner. Maybe this would be useful to clarify however I noticed today that it leaves tiny hard clear beads on my scalp! What the heck. I'm not even going to finish the sample as a clarifier. Do not recommend. I also want to mention my hair is normally extremely oily to the point where it's oil soaked halfway through the day after I just washed it. This shampoo has resolved that problem and now it's less oily than usual (maybe can go 24 hrs without washing) but at what cost? Awful

on 7/24/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just started using this product with the conditioner. I really like the design and the fresh scent. After using these products, my hair is smoother and has more volume. It is very lightweight and makes your hair feel nice and fresh.

I have medium length straight hair and I would recommend this product to those who are looking for a little bit more volume and smooth silky hair.

on 6/18/2014 8:38:00 PM

After having an allergic reaction to a high-end shampoo from a particular beauty box, this shampoo was a Godsend. It soothed my scalp and cleaned the gook from my hair that the other shampoo left behind. I shower at night and let my hair air dry, and in the morning my hair is shiny and soft.

I haven't noticed the beads in the shampoo or any sandy feeling, so I'm wondering if those were removed.

Popular Shampoos