Clean & Clear Oil Free Foaming Facial Cleanser

3.3

NEW FORMULA: Ingredients: Water, Triethanolamine, Myristic Acid, C9-15 Alkyl Phosphate, Lauric Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, BHT, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Red 4, Yellow 10

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a good, non-medicated foaming facial wash for combo/oily to oily skin. I think this would be too drying for all other skintypes, but my skin does tend to get dried out easily from cleansers, despite how oily most of my face is. I love the crisp citrus scent, and that this removes all my makeup and cuts through oil. I went through a few bottles of this when it had Triclosan, the whole reason I purchased to begin with, but honestly, it performs the same without the Tricolosan, as far as results on my skin. So I guess I don't care that C&C removed it. I use the C&C dual action moisturizer at night, and feel the 2 products pair well together. A little goes a long way, so one bottle lasts a long time, and the price is dirt cheap at places like Target and Walmart.

on 7/29/2015 4:30:00 PM

This leaves my skin feeling taut and dry and i do not like its scent. It is just a normal mediocre face cleanser and I also know one of my alumni faithfully used this but this never cleared her acne either during our college time. I do not like this product. The only good thing is that this comes in a pump.

on 6/15/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The first time I used it, my face was dry to the point that it was painful. Despite this, I used it in an attempt to clear my acne. After a few days, my face was way more oily than it usually is and I was breaking out severely.

on 6/5/2015 4:10:00 PM

It's so gentle and soft on my skin. However because of that, it's just not suitable for me. Personally I prefer more of a scrub that exfoliates my skin. This is more the kind of thing I'd use in the morning when I only want a slight cleanse of any oils and product I may have applied the night before.

on 5/18/2015 11:40:00 PM

I bought this after I finished my other Clean and Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin ( yellow bottle). It dries my skin a bit more than the yellow bottle but this is definitely a good cleanser too. It cleans the skin well and smells alright. 3,5/5.

on 4/23/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My go-to cleanser! Been using this since I was a teenager. Love washing my face with this cleanser before applying makeup and after my make-up remover. It effectively removes excess sebum (i have very oily skin) and whatever oil from the make-up remover. Plus its so cheap.

on 4/16/2015 9:30:00 AM

I like this basic foaming face wash. This smells wonderful and cuts through oil and makeup effectively. In the past, I went through 2 bottles of the version that contained "Triclosan" and I honestly don't see a difference at all, so I suppose that ingredient was not what was keeping my skin clear. I deducted a lippie because it can be a little drying, but it's not as harsh as some of the Neutrogena cleansers I have tried. I find if I use lukewarm water (versus hot) and rinse quickly, it doesn't dry me out as much. BTW I have combo skin, very oily in my nose and forehead and normal-dry everywhere else. A little goes a long way, so it is a great value!

on 4/2/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I donít use the toner and moisturizer from the same line, I only use this cleanser. I have acne prone skin and this works pretty good at removing my makeup, cleaning my skin and treating any blemish. I took a lippie off because it can be a bit drying so I only use it at night. It smells good and it foams up nice and I use it along with my exfoliating sponge.

on 3/11/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This cleanser really works for me. I have sensitive combination skin with occasional mild acne. For a while I was using cold creams because they don't irritate my skin, but they don't help with an oily T-zone or breakouts either. Soaps, on the other hand, are too drying and irritating. This foaming cleanser seems to be the solution. It removes all my makeup without irritating or over drying. It makes my T-zone fresh and happy, and it controls breakouts. I've made it through half a bottle with no problems. I use it twice a day. According to the ingredient list this does contain triclosan. Some reviewers have stated that it was removed, but I carefully checked my bottle as well as a new bottle at my local Meijer store and both show it as the active ingredient. Personally, triclosan doesn't irritate my skin, but I know everyone is different.

Edit: I went to the Clean and Clear website just to check out the official ingredient list, and apparently triclosan has been removed from the formula. There doesn't seem to be any active anti-bacterial ingredient in this anymore. There must be some older bottles still on the shelves. It will be interesting to see how the new formula stacks up. I might have to stock up on some of the older bottles!

on 12/23/2014 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice inexpensive cleanser. However, I found that the Sensitive cleasner worked better for my skin and was able to cleanse well without beign too harsh. I will not repurchase.