Clean & Clear Oil Free Foaming Facial Cleanser

3.3

NEW FORMULA: Ingredients: Water, Triethanolamine, Myristic Acid, C9-15 Alkyl Phosphate, Lauric Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, BHT, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Red 4, Yellow 10

on 3/11/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser really works for me. I have sensitive combination skin with occasional mild acne. For a while I was using cold creams because they don't irritate my skin, but they don't help with an oily T-zone or breakouts either. Soaps, on the other hand, are too drying and irritating. This foaming cleanser seems to be the solution. It removes all my makeup without irritating or over drying. It makes my T-zone fresh and happy, and it controls breakouts. I've made it through half a bottle with no problems. I use it twice a day. According to the ingredient list this does contain triclosan. Some reviewers have stated that it was removed, but I carefully checked my bottle as well as a new bottle at my local Meijer store and both show it as the active ingredient. Personally, triclosan doesn't irritate my skin, but I know everyone is different.

Edit: I went to the Clean and Clear website just to check out the official ingredient list, and apparently triclosan has been removed from the formula. There doesn't seem to be any active anti-bacterial ingredient in this anymore. There must be some older bottles still on the shelves. It will be interesting to see how the new formula stacks up. I might have to stock up on some of the older bottles!

on 12/23/2014 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice inexpensive cleanser. However, I found that the Sensitive cleasner worked better for my skin and was able to cleanse well without beign too harsh. I will not repurchase.

on 11/2/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

irritated my skin. thrown away after a few uses

on 10/24/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. Gentle wash use a sponge for exfoliating if you want that effect

on 10/22/2014 11:53:00 PM

I was using the sensitive version of this, but then i ran out. So, i bought this because the store near me wasn't selling the sensitive one. And I thought that they couldn't really be any different. When I tried it the first time my skin felt like it was burning and my eyes hurt so much. I tried it again a few times and it still did the same thing. If you have acne prone and sensitive skin, try and get the sensitive skin version.

on 12/20/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am switching to this from Neutrogena, which was very gentle however it didn't do the job. Before I used it, I was breaking out severely and afterward, all my blemishes shrunk or flaked off. It does tend to dry out your skin, which is why it can be harsh. My skin is extremely oily and I found that this controls it well, even though I've had to use a moisturizer lately. It's not a problem since my skin hasn't been this clean in a long time. Even the blackheads on my face that seem permanent are going away. It's only been a week and my skin is clearing really well with this, and this is the only acne product I've been using. Be careful when you buy it though, know your skin type!

on 12/1/2013 3:46:00 PM

I love this product so much. It cleanses my face very well and takes my makeup off. I love how foamy it is. The only thing I don't like is that my pump won't lock and if I go somewhere over night I have to put it in a seperate place. But apart from that this cleanser is great!

on 10/19/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! I was breaking out from a different cleanser and switched to this because I wanted something basic and it got my breakout in control within a day or two, and I haven't broken out or even gotten a single pimple since I started using it which is really unusual for me since I have acne prone skin. I'm a total face wash junkie and I usually don't purchase the same product twice, but I can say for sure that I will be repurchasing this.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this cleanser. It and washes away all traces of my makeup. I like a one-step product that removes it all without having to cleanse will oil first and this is it. It did burn a bit the first two times I used it but my skin got used to it. I also love how creamy it is and that a little goes a long way.

on 8/10/2013 2:54:00 PM