April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Eyeliner - Estee Lauder - Automatic Eye Pencil Duo

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by urbanangel007

I bought this eyeliner because the double wear Stay in place Pencil was out of stock, and the shop assistant told me its very good. In my opinion, its NOT. This pencil has the same problem as the drug store ones, it smudges!! i wear it on my waterline, and some days it behaves and doesn't smudge much, but on some days, especially when i reapply before a night out, i come home looking like a raccoon!
its gets a 3 because the packaging is good, it glides on easily, and it comes with a refill. its quite pigmented, and when you first wear it, it looks gorgeous. i suggest that you dont reapply during the day, and then it will b ok.
But for this price, i expect a product that either requires no reapplication, or will not smudge upon reapplication. So i will not buy this again, but hope that Double Wear Stay in Place will be kinder to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by crsiqueira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smudges too easily. A friend of mine who knows a lot about makeup told me about this eyeliner and so I bought it. This eyeliner doesn't come off easily and it smudges giving the impression that I have really bad bags under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I keep coming back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good eyeliner. You can buy refills for cheaper, so its economical as well. What I do is pull out the smudger and put in another liner refill on that side, and then I have a duo eyeliner in one pen! I love the charcoal color, and hyacinth blue is nice too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This is a pretty good liner. It's pigmented and goes on smooth. The problem is that there are cheaper, longer lasting liners out there. I'd go with GOSH or Milani liners over this one any day!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Deadhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What I love about this, is that you don't need to buy the pencil duo at all. You can just buy the refills, which are less than $15 each. I have the liner refills in black and walnut brown, and they last forever!

I specifically use them on my lower waterline. The lasting power is alright. I haven't found anything smoother than this. This doesn't make my eyes water and it doesn't run or anything, so I'll stick with it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I own this in the shade "Charcoal." I have gone through 3 refills in my lifetime. So as you can see, I quite like it! Charcoal isn't as intense as black. I will wear eyeliner in just about any colour but usually I don't like to have black on my lower eyelid as much. This colour works though. The application is smooth and stays put for the most part. I can see why people with oily lids might find that it smudges, but I personally do not have an issue with it. One end of this duo is a smudger, so if you like to smudge/soften your colour, you'll like that. I have a lot, a lot, a lot of different eyeliners, and this is one I find myself going back to frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by rheaZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this for 7-8 years now. On the expensive side, but worth it. The pigment lasts for an average amount of time- I love the packaging. The weight of the pencil is perfect for application and it's great to carry in my purse because I don't ever have to sharpen it and it comes with a smudger. I've used it on my waterline without any smudging or problems (I wear contacts). While there are other brands I like for color (UD, Tarina Tarantino), when I'm using black I always find myself reaching for this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by eyecandyispretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great for an automatic eyeliner, as I usually HATE the retractable twistie ones. Pencils usually give better colour and texture.

However, this product had a really really nice shade of black, and drew on smoothly without tugging on my eyelid. The built in smudger is really handy, I don't need to hunt around for a q-tip any more :D

The formula is rich, and creamy feeling (if that made any sense). It is a little pricey, but I use eyeliner sparsely, so this will probably last me long enough for me to make my money worth while :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really lousy. I bought this in a navy blue and it stinks. It does not have a lot of pigment and barely shows up at all. It is a bit dry and hard to put on without scraping your eyelids. It skips. You get only about an inch of product. They give you a refill stick so for over $20 you get about two inches of eyeliner. It is very thick so there is no way to get a fine line.
And the colors are very non descript. I can't tell what color this is supposed to be once I get it on my lid, since it's so faint and lacks pigment.
Wish I had never wasted my money on this dog.