Pur Minerals Shea Butter Lipstick

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ozokerite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Microcrystalline Wax, Caprylic / Capric Triclyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Tocopheryl-Acetate, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid, Butyrospermumparkii (Shea Butter), BHT May Contain: (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 2/12/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought Sheer Citrine and Pink Ice yesterday. I am very fair, and the colour payoff of this product is what I like best. I do best with sheer colour, as dense colour is too harsh for me and overwhelms my face.

Both colours very pretty, super comfortable to wear (like a balm), and non-irritating to my lips (which are VERY sensitive to many products and peel). I don't appreciate any odour at all. I appreciate the compact packaging, as I tend to carry many lip products around with me...

Would buy again.

on 6/29/2013 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought two of those: Sheer Zircon and Rosasite. Sheer Zircon looked lovely when swatched on my hand, but it washed me out quite a bit when I put it on in different lighting. So, probably will not be using it much. Rosasite is a bit darker than MLBB, more berry-like, and very, very wearable. In terms of color, neither of these are extraordinary.

The formula, however, is great. It is very moisturizing and my lips feel pretty soft afterwards. I am almost tempted to say that this lipstick "conditions" my lips (if that is possible); they certainly are not cracked afterwords. Goes without saying that the lipsticks glide on very smoothly. So, I would repurchase because of the formula, not because of the colors.

on 11/10/2012 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF! It is so smooth and pretty...I wear Sheer Zircon. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it is not very long-wearing. However, it is not really marketed to be that. I really like it, alot, though!

on 9/8/2012 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick feels really smooth. The colours are really nice. The one I bought (Mauve Quartz) is a great nude shade for me.

on 3/17/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Lipstick is my thing! I love lipstick so when I saw these at the drug store I decided to try them. I tested the Sheer Zircon on my wrist and the colour looked perfect but when I got it home and put it on my lips, it disappeared completely! It had no colour saturation. It was creamy and moisurizing but too expensive for a product that had left my lips looking bare. I decided that maybe it was just that particular shade so I bought another, the Sheer Citrine. This gave more colour but not much. I think that may be my issue with these lipsticks, they lack colour saturation when you put them on, they are almost more like a very light gloss, in fact, their gloss line is fabulous, lots of colour saturation there, my fav gloss so far! In fairness, the lipsticks are wonderfully moisturizing and seem to last but at 18.00 a tube, too much to pay for a glorified lip balm. This product is not for me.

on 1/18/2011 10:14:00 AM

I purchase this in Rosasite, a very sheer ruby which looks just a shade or two deeper than my own lips. It seemed one of the creamier, less frosty shades; swatched in-store, the tester seemed dry and seemed to pull on my skin. However, after reading so many glowing reviews, I chalked it up to being an ancient tester, and brought it home with me.

My first impression wasn't stellar. The smell! These Pur Minerals lipsticks carry with them the scent of a lipstick going bad. Crayons, perhaps? I almost resented swiping this on my lips. But the butteriness, the smooth application, quickly diverted my attention from the less-than-wonderful smell, and the color, a soft, sweet shade of pinky red, made my lips look so healthy I knew I'd either get used to the smell or ignore it altogether. Plus my lips stayed hydrated for hours, a feat for any lipstick on my dry lips.

on 1/1/2011 8:24:00 PM

Great lipstick! I got it not too long ago and so far I am very impressed! It feels silky smooth and moisturizing on my lips and is not sticky at all. I got it in Sheer Zircon 19, which is a beigy-orangey-nudey-brownish-pink which may seem too dark when you're at the store but is quite neutral and looks amazing on. I got this colour because I wanted a neutral everday colour, but I did not want it to be very nude because it would wash out my skin tone. It is kinda pricey ($18 Canadian), being a higher end brand, but I think the small packaging kind of fools people because it actually has quite a bit of product in it, but not as much as most brands do. I am fine with the smaller amount of product because I normally don't use up all of my products, or it takes me a very long time, which I find annoying. This product also has amazing ingredients, if you are someone who cares about the quality of the products you put on yourself and pay attention to the ingredients. The packaging is also very cute and convinient. Even though it is moisturizing, I would reccommend to put either a clear gloss or lip balm over it to make your lips look even better. Overall, I would definitely reccommend it, even though you get a bit less product than most brands, you get a whole lot more quality!! :)

on 10/3/2010 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I LOVE these lipsticks! I used the Pur Minerals online make up consultant and it told me to buy Black Amethyst. So I purchased it and fell in love. It is the perfect deep red for autumn. It looks almost black in the tube, but it's quite sheer, so it looks more deep plum-red on the lips. Gorgeous. I was so pleased with Black Amethyst that I purchased 2 more colours- Pink Diamond and Rose Garnet.

Pink Diamond is a bit too pale for me. It's a light frosty cool pink- not too heavy. I look better in warmer pinks so this isn't the perfect shade for me, but I make it work by using very little and putting clear lipgloss over it. It looks really pretty when using that method, and it blends better into deeply pigmented lips like mine when it's diffused with a bit of lip gloss.

Rose Garnet is a frosty raspberry red colour with a bit of gold in it. It's a nice casual colour. It fades really nicely into almost a coral type colour. It looks nice on warm skin tones and it brings out brown eyes. Really pretty.

All colours are very moisturizing. They don't last forever on your lips- be prepared to reapply after you eat, but honestly, I'd rather wear something natural and good for you that you have to reapply over something toxic and bad for you that stays on all day.

I can't wait to try more colours!

on 2/22/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mauve Quartz: I received this in a kit on special with The Shopping Channel. I've worn lipsticks/gloss in mauve for years, so if this is supposed to have any 'mauve' tone, I'll eat my hat. At first I thought it was a sheer brown tone. It was creamy when applied, and I've come to really like this when I want a nude/sheer sort of look. It's actually quite neutral. I'm thinking of trying another shade or two, as the consistency is great. Definitely would buy again.

on 7/19/2009 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I could NEVER wear lipstick until this product came along. I am so happy because this stuff is fabulous. My friends who never saw me with lipstick have been asking me about it because my lips look beautiful with color and now are soft and not dried out. I hope they never stop doing this product and I have several colors and highly recommend this product for those that have lip problems like mine. Previous brands always shriveled up and look god awful within 10 minutes.I find that my color may need reapplied later during the day but that it always leaves my lips moisturized.

Recommended for Medium Skin