October 20, 2014 | 1954 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Hot Singles Eye Shadow - Over the Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by JAMUA

LOVE. The perfect mauvey taupe color that I've been searching for. Not much to look at in the pan, but do yourself a favor and get it if you see it. I think I paid $4.99 for it at Harmon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is what I have been searching for, for the last 2-3 years: a true cool medium taupe color. Or maybe one could call it a true cool medium ash brown: no red or orange to it at all. I have wanted a suitable color for use on my eyebrows, but also for a subtle wash of color or for lining the eyes. I have tried other colors by other brands, and for the most part, there is always a bit of warmth to them that just doesn't work for me. Believe it or not, the best deep gray-brown cool taupe I ever found is the darkest shade in Physician's Formula's Canyon Classics all-matte palette. That is a fabulous eyeliner, and used to work some years ago on my eyebrows, but, um, I'm getting older, and grayer and can't use that any more.

This is a wonderful shade and wonderful quality. I saw that Ulta greatly expanded the NYX display recently and stumbled upon this color. It was the last one there, so you can see it is popular. There are testers for almost every item, which is outstanding. I played with some of the other items--more shades of the matte lip creams for example--but just had to get this eyeshadow. It is smooth, pigmented, and is as I wrote above: the color I was looking for. So happy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In the pan this is a mousey mauvey brown. With a light hand it lends itself to the perfect face contour color. I use an ARTDECO bronzer to blend and the effect is very natural. Will use until I find the next best thing!