November 21, 2014 | 1763 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Shiseido - The Skincare Essential Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by joycechiang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the coverage and the ease of use with this product. Unfortunately, it clogs my pores just after one day of usage. I returned it immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by amandaC27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Skincare Essential Tinted Moisuriser SPF15 listed here was discontinued earlier this year (2008). It was simply the best TM ever. Good coverage, good for sensitive and combination skin, never caused me to break out in spots as many others do. The "Light" shade was perfect for my quite fair colouring, and this lovely TM made my difficult skin look fabulous for the whole day. Applied early in the morning, it lasted until late at night but always looked beautifully natural. Better than any other TM or foundation that I have ever found. Quite a feat, that. So if you get the chance to snap up any tubes of the discontinued Essential Tinted Moisturiser do so, and let me know!

I think the reviews here are very mixed because some refer to the lovely old product, and some to the new product that has replaced it, which is called The Skincare Tinted Moisture Protection SPF 20, and is listed elsewhere. Sadly, as is so often the case, it is nothing like as good. The colours have changed, and the new "light" shade makes me look washed out grey. The coverage is non existent, the product does not last on the face more than a couple of hours, and the higher SPF seems to have affected the consistency so that it is now more of an oily slick that makes me look very unhealthy. The lovely gentle glow is no longer there. The only thing in its favour is that it still does not cause my skin to break out in spots. I will not be buying this again and I am having to start the search for the perfect TM all over again. Why, oh why, did Shiseido feel it necessary to change what was a fantastic product?

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by pixyjess115

This is a really great basic tm. I really like the texture, and it makes my skin looks really nice after I put it on. It has very slight pearly finish, and it seems to brighten up my face a bit and make it smoother. It's lightweight, has a nice finish, and the packaging is great too. But, i don't think this tm is for everyone. I bought this to layer under my powder foundation, and sometimes I feel like the coverage for this tm is minimal. It just smooths out your skin, and evens it out a little. I purchased the laura mercier tm because it has a little bit more coverage, but I still love this one as well. It's definitely more of a moisturizer than a foundation and i think it makes a great primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by dimples109

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for someone who needs light coverage. it is great to even out the skintone. Eventhough it is a tinited moisterizer, I still find it is best to use it as a light coverage foundation and I apply it over the Shiseido light day moisterizer. This results in the TM gliding on a lot easier and looks flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by raindop01

it feels heavy - like a foundation. it did not give adequate hydration/moisture. my skin felt dry and flaky within 2 hours of using it.
    when i wore a moisturizer underneath this product, it was okay. i used it as a super light foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I was testing this and the Kiehl's tinted moisturizer out. I think I like the Kiehl's better. I like that this supposedly has a more matte finish, but I find that it's not moisturizing enough. The whole point of a tinted moisturizer for me is to cut out the separate moisturizer step. And my face still feels a little sticky with this product. The coverage is pretty good, but again, I think Kiehl's does a slightly better job. I like the scent of this product and the small hole keeps too much product from coming out. And I like how this has SPF 20. If I hadn't known about Kiehl's, I probably would have settled for this product. But for the price, Kiehl's provides more bang for the buck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this last year with high hopes that this would become a staple in my long list of tried Tinted Moisturizer's. Sadly, it didn't happen. I see this as an average complexion enhancer with a limited set of shades that hardly has any coverage if I have to surgically apply concealer to every itsy bitsy flaw on my face, than I'd rather wear foundation or another type of product.

While they boast that it's for all skin types, this couldn't be farther from the truth, if you're oily stay away because this will make you shine like a grease ball in less than hours and in case you're wondering, I've used this in the Fall. My skin doesn't feel supple or more moisturized by it, it just felt oily and uncomfortable.

Last, but certainly not least, the Light shade is not light enough for people with fair complexions.

For the price, you can get MAC's Select Tint which is a far superior product (surprisingly).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by michelle1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hated my bobbi brown tinted moisturizer because it would ball up when i applied it.I like Shiseido so i tried this-LOVE it.Perfect color match (and i am the strangest yellow tone) and gives light but flawless cover-no one can tell i am wearing anything.It's matte (i had to use powder over the BB tinted m. so that irritated me) and i would definately recommend this to someone who doesnt need or like foundation but wants something light to give even tone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 8:01:00 AM More reviews by farlysa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very nice, it blends well with my skin, and make the skin look healthier, well it's a moisturizer after all. I love it, sure has an effect to my skin, looking grreeaat! Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

omg omg omg!! i can't say enough about this stuff. i am one of those ppl who has good skin but am afraid to go without foundation. well, i WAS one of those people. i always worried i'd look blotchy and tired and blah blah blah.
    so recently i decided i wanted to go for a more natural look because i felt that foundation made me look a little older and didn't want that (i'm 27, but still look relatively young).
    i tried clinique, bobbi brown, and lancome. then finally decided to try shiseido, which i am new to except for their lip glosses.
    this product is wonderful! it smells great, blends like a DREAM, has spf, looks totally natural...i can't really say enough. i have been wearing this (without concealer!!) to work every day this week and my skin overall is looking better without the heavy foundation + powder. i do get a little oily halfway through day...i recently invested in shiseido's pressed powder to set it, it's perfect for this TM, very sheer and natural looking. i am so happy with this stuff =)