October 23, 2014 | 1841 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Damage Eraser Split End Bandage

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My only complaint about this product is I wish the bottle was available in a larger size (maybe it is, but I've never seen it - or maybe they'll create a larger size!). I love this product. I don't really have damaged hair, but I have extremely thick, incredibly curly/coily hair and I'm growing it long - so the ends of my hair are getting older and older, and I refuse to cut it because...well, I'm trying to grow it out! This really tranforms hair. My ends look smooth, my hair looks healthy and shiny. The best part is the price, it's often on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart so I stock up. Highly recommend this to anyone with either very dry or very damaged hair if you think you're a lost cause - this will help.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by thatssodeming

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have super damaged hair because I bleach my hair.. should I stop? nope because I have this miracle worker! seriously, why go broke buying some high end piece of crap when this is only like 6 bucks at your local grocery store!! I use it after I get out of the shower on towel dried hair. I also use the damage eraser shampoo and conditioner. thia stuff leaves my hair soft, smooth and my split ends are no where to be found!! it even protects my hair if I straighten it. such a good product! it smells amazing too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a preliminary review which I don't do but I could not resist. This has a nice, tolerable smell and is not heavy feeling. I use one pump to spread onto my damp long hair and my hair instantly feels soft and looks shiny and less frizzy. The consistency is a creme serum if that makes sense and it spreads evenly. It is protein based but has a good mix of oils and butters to balance it out. My hair twin Simi really likes it so I can't wait to experiment more with it. Will definitely update soon. Update: This is not bad at all. It has really been helping with some of the frizziness and static I get. I can leave my apartment knowing my hair will look decent throughout the day when I wear it down, especially now that the weather is getting warmer where I live. I can mix it with some of my favorite gels and it doesn't cause too many problems. I concentrate it on my ends and it can double as a sealer after I apply a leave in conditioner. Just word of caution if you are protein sensitive: Make sure to take a break from this every now and then or follow with something moisturizing over or underneath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this incredibly similar, if not better, than Tigi Ego Boost Split End Mender - at like a third of the price. The consistency has a similar thinner liquid gel texture. The formula is surprisingly balanced, adding a medium amount of moisture and a nice shot of protein, very much like the Tigi formula. I can see this working for anyone with light to medium damage due to color or heat styling or long hair with dry ends. It did not weigh down my straight hair, even though my hair is prone to getting flat.

I used to use Tigi in college on virgin hair. While it did a good enough job to become a staple, it just never flat out wowed me. Fast forward 5 years to the present, and my hair is still long, but now ombré (read bleached), colored, and pretty damaged. Heavy use of deep treatment hair masks and leave in conditioners have kept it from the brink of death, but I still struggle with overall dryness, and split ends are a never ending battle that I can never seem to keep ahead of. Frizz and dullness were never a problem before, but are a constant now. This is where Garnier Damage Eraser Split End Bandage sets itself apart - it has helped my damaged hair bounce back further than Tigi did to my non-damaged hair. In one use the dry frizz was completely eliminated, my hair was smooth and manageable and my hair was more shiny (could be the 'cones, but hey if it works). No product has managed to get rid of 100% of my split ends, but a quick scan of my ends showed a pretty noticeable reduction, and the length of my hair feels stronger. Out performs many other, more expensive leave ins: Wella Brilliance, L'Oreal Evercreme, Argan oil, Dove Dry Oil, etc. I am excited to see what this does with long term use.

I also bought the Damage Eraser butter (mask) and love that one too. It's weird, I haven't had much luck with Garnier in the past but am really loving this line right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a similar product to Kerastase Ciment Thermique for awhile now because I love it yet don't have the funds to repurchase it. I've purchased quite a few products at the drugstore to no avail. None of them had the lightweight liquidy gel feel that quenches your hair's thirst like Ciment Thermique. I was getting close to starving for a month to just be able to repurchase it.

Then I found this! I saw it on sale for 2.99 so I thought, what the hell, I spend more on lattés anyway.

I haven't cut my hair in almost a year so my ends are in desperate need of moisturizing product or else I have intense static. I have wavy thin-ish hair but a lot of it. My roots get greasy but my ends are dry. I basically want something that will heavily moisturize my hair yet make it fluffy, shiny and soft just like CT.

This does just that. The texture is exactly like CT. So are the results. I have uploaded a photo of my hair after blow drying it with my ghetto 20$ Conair blow dryer and without using a flat iron. I usually have to flat iron the dry ends but they were incredibly soft and had no static so I didn't have to.

I'm quite happy with my purchase. I recommend this product to everyone who thinks their hair needs some moisture and shine. I probably wouldn't recommend it to those with extremely thick, frizzy unruly hair because I don't think it will do enough for you, the same way CT would not be.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by SherriLMakeupArtist

I almost never buy non-natural drugstore products, but this was on sale for only $2 at Shoppers, and because it contains so much protein, I figured "why not?"

This leave-in serum is a budget-friendly way to get protein in your hair. It is only minorly moisturizing, so it's great for limp hair but probably not for very dry hair. Although this is NOT considered natural haircare, it certainly contains more natural ingredients than many other drugstore brands, so it's a good choice if you're on a tight budget.

This product does NOT actually smooth split ends very well for something that says "split ends" in the name, so look elsewhere if you want a real "split end bandaid!" But this is a GOOD CHOICE for REPAIRING hair with damage on a very tight budget. (Remember, nothing can actually repair split ends, so it's best to chop 'em off!)

ONLY APPLY THIS WHEN YOUR HAIR IS STILL DAMP. Applying it dry will give a yucky, waxy feel. You should also blow dry your hair (at least part of the way) after applying this; otherwise, the yucky, waxy feeling just stays on your hair. Make sure to comb this EVENLY through your hair to avoid buildup, and don't use very much.. paraffin is heavy stuff.

PLEASE NOTE--THIS PRODUCT IS BEST FOR DECENTLY HYDRATED STRAIGHT HAIR WITH MINOR DAMAGE. Most drugstore products only really cater to straight hair on white people (which is really crappy of them), and this product is no exception. While I'm not an expert on curly hair, this product contains some ingredients that I've heard many natural curly girls say they avoid like the plague! So if your hair is very dry and very curly, I wouldn't recommend this, but if your hair is decently hydrated, in need of a protein boost, and straight, it's a good product. That said, again, I don't have curly hair, so it's probably best to look at a review by someone else if you have tight curls!

If you have EXTREME damage and dryness, switch to the natural haircare route! A regular masque made with oils, banana, egg (coconut milk for vegans), and avocado will do wonders for your damaged hair. This product will help to repair your protein bonds, but it's not going to make your hair feel much nicer.

PROS:
-Tons of protein (hydrolyzed corn protein, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein are all pretty high on the ingredients)
-Cheap ($6 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada, cheaper if you go to a discount store)
-More natural ingredients than most drugstore brands (contains coconut oil and cupuacu butter)
-A little goes a long way (when applied with damp hair)
-If applied correctly, your hair feels quit nice after styling
-MUCH lower in silicone than similar products (still contains amodimethicone though)

CONS:
-Gives somewhat greasy, waxy feel if you use too much and don't blow dry
-Does NOT smooth split ends, despite its name
-Very high in DYES.. 2 types of yellow dye and a red dye (CI 15985 etc) are near the top of the list! Why is this necessary?
-Cheap ingredients, such as isoparaffin, lye, and various "unpronounceable" chemicals... but this is to be expected with a drugstore brand. Organic/natural haircare people will want to avoid this!

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No