Garnier Damage Eraser Split End Bandage

4.6

on 6/3/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Probably great for those with thinner hair than I. Love the scent - very fruity and fresh. Not overpowering. Just need something with a thicker consistency.

on 2/18/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff works like magic, I don't care for the scent because it's too strong or the fact that it makes my hair really flat but this leave- in totally saved my hair, my ends went from sad, stretchy and wiry to super soft, shiny and looking like real hair again, I'm so happy that this leave-in performed a true miracle for my damaged, bleached out and dry hair.

on 2/1/2015 3:38:00 PM

I instantly noticed a difference after applying to my split ends - didn't get rid of them, but softened my hair up quite a bit! for $3 this is a definite win.

on 1/16/2015 5:25:00 PM

Just recently purchased this as it was on sale for $3. Apply it after you shower. Makes my dry brittle ends soft again! Very good product for the price!

on 11/22/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this for only three dollars at the pharmacy and I love it! It doesn't necessarily add shine, but more softness, which I love. The bottle is cute and easy to store and has a pump (always makes it nice) with a twist top so you can close it for storage. The consistency is like a thin, runny conditioner and is easy to work into the hair without it feeling like there's gooey conditioner stuck in there that won't disperse. It has a nice smell. Overall really happy with this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE the way this product leaves my hair and the smell. It smells really fruity and I really like it. It leaves my hair feeling quite soft and I have noticed a difference in my hair; I get less split ends and whenever I curl my hair I know it's going to be protected since it contains keratin. I completely love the whole damage eraser line. I would deff buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My only complaint about this product is I wish the bottle was available in a larger size (maybe it is, but I've never seen it - or maybe they'll create a larger size!). I love this product. I don't really have damaged hair, but I have extremely thick, incredibly curly/coily hair and I'm growing it long - so the ends of my hair are getting older and older, and I refuse to cut it because...well, I'm trying to grow it out! This really tranforms hair. My ends look smooth, my hair looks healthy and shiny. The best part is the price, it's often on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart so I stock up. Highly recommend this to anyone with either very dry or very damaged hair if you think you're a lost cause - this will help.

on 7/30/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have super damaged hair because I bleach my hair.. should I stop? nope because I have this miracle worker! seriously, why go broke buying some high end piece of crap when this is only like 6 bucks at your local grocery store!! I use it after I get out of the shower on towel dried hair. I also use the damage eraser shampoo and conditioner. thia stuff leaves my hair soft, smooth and my split ends are no where to be found!! it even protects my hair if I straighten it. such a good product! it smells amazing too!

on 6/14/2014 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a preliminary review which I don't do but I could not resist. This has a nice, tolerable smell and is not heavy feeling. I use one pump to spread onto my damp long hair and my hair instantly feels soft and looks shiny and less frizzy. The consistency is a creme serum if that makes sense and it spreads evenly. It is protein based but has a good mix of oils and butters to balance it out. My hair twin Simi really likes it so I can't wait to experiment more with it. Will definitely update soon. Update: This is not bad at all. It has really been helping with some of the frizziness and static I get. I can leave my apartment knowing my hair will look decent throughout the day when I wear it down, especially now that the weather is getting warmer where I live. I can mix it with some of my favorite gels and it doesn't cause too many problems. I concentrate it on my ends and it can double as a sealer after I apply a leave in conditioner. Just word of caution if you are protein sensitive: Make sure to take a break from this every now and then or follow with something moisturizing over or underneath.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I find this incredibly similar, if not better, than Tigi Ego Boost Split End Mender - at like a third of the price. The consistency has a similar thinner liquid gel texture. The formula is surprisingly balanced, adding a medium amount of moisture and a nice shot of protein, very much like the Tigi formula. I can see this working for anyone with light to medium damage due to color or heat styling or long hair with dry ends. It did not weigh down my straight hair, even though my hair is prone to getting flat.

I used to use Tigi in college on virgin hair. While it did a good enough job to become a staple, it just never flat out wowed me. Fast forward 5 years to the present, and my hair is still long, but now ombré (read bleached), colored, and pretty damaged. Heavy use of deep treatment hair masks and leave in conditioners have kept it from the brink of death, but I still struggle with overall dryness, and split ends are a never ending battle that I can never seem to keep ahead of. Frizz and dullness were never a problem before, but are a constant now. This is where Garnier Damage Eraser Split End Bandage sets itself apart - it has helped my damaged hair bounce back further than Tigi did to my non-damaged hair. In one use the dry frizz was completely eliminated, my hair was smooth and manageable and my hair was more shiny (could be the 'cones, but hey if it works). No product has managed to get rid of 100% of my split ends, but a quick scan of my ends showed a pretty noticeable reduction, and the length of my hair feels stronger. Out performs many other, more expensive leave ins: Wella Brilliance, L'Oreal Evercreme, Argan oil, Dove Dry Oil, etc. I am excited to see what this does with long term use.

I also bought the Damage Eraser butter (mask) and love that one too. It's weird, I haven't had much luck with Garnier in the past but am really loving this line right now.