April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Hair Expertise Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

This is even better than the evercreme deep dish, which I'd previously deemed the best at a drugstore. It is better than feria, moisture recovery, and oh yeah...kerastase. I love every single item in this line--the oil, the shampoo, but probably most of all this deep conditioner. I've used it for 2-3 weeks, only leaving it on for a few minutes, but the key was leaving it on for 30 minutes or more. It smells like a dream, too--I don't quite know how to describe it, but very similar to kerastase oleo relax serum.

(My hair is way past due for a cut, weirdly wavy/seriously frizzy, coarse, and all the ends are split, just FYI.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by YellowSourFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I recently started the process of going from dyed black hair (for yeeeeaaarrs) to going back to my natural blondish color. I stripped the black to a dark brass color, bleached it to a medium brass/ginger color and colored it light golden brown. Needless to say my hair felt very dry and brittle and damaged by the end of the weekend. I grabbed some of this because it was cheep and smelled good (reminds me of something I can't put my finger on). I used this three days in a row after my hair frying marathon and I couldn't believe they way my hair felt. It was amazing. When I would get in the shower as soon as my hair got wet it would stick together and mat up instantly. This tooke my hair from straw to silk in days. I still use it once a week and I don't suffer any build up and my hair feels just amazing. This willbe a staple in my shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by gisselbrangenberg

My hair feels extremely soft, it smells delicious, the price is very good. I will buy this product again once i run out of it. I just got the shampoo and conditioner and i will get the whole oleo therapy line soon. It is so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is amazing! Definitely a dupe for Kerastase. This leaves my hair incredibly soft and moisturized, and completely eliminated frizz to leave my curls really shiny and defined. I like the scent a lot, it smells "expensive" (not overly sweet like some other drugstore shampoos). It also does a good job of moisturizing without weighing my hair down, and seems like it's lower in silicones than other conditioners, because my hair has a lot less "slip" when wet after using this vs my normal conditioner. This line is my new HG--I have the oil essence and it's amazing as well. I need to pick up everything else in the line ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing without leaving my hair feeling coated or weighed down. Recommended.

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Quaternium 87, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Citric Acid, Isoeugenol, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Red 33 (CI 17200)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's worth the price, and then some. Why would I waste my hard-earned money on Kerastase when I can buy products that work just as well, if not better, for a fraction of the price?

As a previous reviewer pointed out, this does contain isopropyl alcohol, which surpirsed and confused me (I didn't notice its inclusion on the ingredient list until I got home); however, I've not experienced any dryness or other issues you might expect (buring eyes, tingling skin, those kinds of things), so it's probably balanced out by the moisturizing components.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, way to go, L'oreal. Another stellar offering - keep up the great work.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Would I buy it again? YES!!! Man, I am afraid of sounding like a L'Oreal fanatic here with all my crazed reviews for the Oleo line. This stuff is amazing! It's a glorious, (upside down?) world where their cheaper line performs the way you'd expect Kerastase to. I've used all the Oleo-Relax, Masquintense...etc etc. None of them blew me away like the Oleo line has. Now, being totally fair... I also knew I'd paid 50+ clams for those, so, I bet any effects were mitigated thusly. However, money aside, I swear the L'Oreal products work even better. J'Adore, L'Oreal!!!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I love this mask! I was completely blown away how well it hydrated and softened my hair. There are no cones that I can see and it is glycerin based. It does have a balm like cosistency and surprisingly there is isopropyl alcohol towards the middle, but it hasn't caused any problems for me. My guess is that it is in there to balance out the oils( there are six) in this and to keep it from being too heavy. It has a nice light scent that doesn't linger. My curls were left looking very shiny with no frizz and it air-dried that way. I didn't lose as much definition as I do with other oil based products. This has a decent amount of slip in the shower, but my hair was able to be detangled easily after I got out the shower. It was about eight dollars at Target. I would recommend it for dry, thick, or coarse hair . I can't wait to try the self-heating oil treatment next.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No