Rimmel Rimmel Colour Rush Balm

4.6

I love this tinted lip balm! Saw it on sale and decided to try it out and I was in for a surprise! It has the perfect balance of colour and moisture. It also applies easily which is another pro. Thought it'll apply matte at first but it applies naturally and really moistures the lips. Lovin' it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this lipstick! Recently I've been on a lipstick binge and bought a ton of lip pens and pencils from DS and more HE brands. I've tried NARS, Bite, Clinique, Revlon, Rimmel and Canmake chubby lip pencils and I have to say these are one of my favorites (Bite and Canmake being the other favorites.)

They are soft creamy semi-pigmented lipsticks with a vanilla caramel scent that fades away very fast. Shortly after application, they set to a less shiny look that cannot last if you eat and drink all the time. I don't quite understand how some people can apply these in such a way that makes it look like a full on lipstick, it's definitely see-through (even on my pale lips) but it's way better than Clinique chubby sticks. Compared to Revlon Balm Stains and Lacquer Balms, I like these better because they don't actually stain my lips. The Revlons are so hard to remove at the end of the day and these Rimmels come off with a tissue! :D Easier removal means more time to sleep! Compared to NARS and Bite, I think these are a better deal too because the NARS satin ones can dry my lips out and the Bite creamy ones are very similar but cost way more. (I got these on sale for around 6$ each even in this horrible canadian economic situation) The only comparable ones on term of preference are the Canmake Stay on Balm Rouges but those are harder to get for most people and the colors aren't really comparable: Canmake has a lot of girly pinks to suit the asian demographic whereas Rimmel has a full range of colors that suit most skintones. Furthermore, Rimmel is actually a little more pigmented. Canmakes don't have any scent though so that's a plus for them.

Since the Rimmels aren't matte I won't compare to the mattes from the other brands but I kind of wish Rimmel made matte ones too! Nars, Bite and Revlon's chubby matte pencils are way more pigmented than their counterparts but they also all dry out my lips more, Revlon being the main culprit. Bites are the best mattes for me if it wasn't for their weird obnoxious fragrance that turns into old lanolin stench within a few months.

I have 6 different colors and pigmentation vary depending on the colors; the rule of thumb is "darker the color, higher the pigmentation" although do keep in mind that since the colors are darker, the same amount of pigments in a lipstick will appear more pigmented. Here are the colors I own in increasing pigmentation order:

700 Not an Illusion (peachy nude),
200 Keep it Mauving (rosey mauve),
600 On Fire (reddish coral),
500 The Redder the Better (bright red) with its own backup because it's just awesome,
220 Rumor Has It (dark warm fuchsia),
300 Viva Violet (dark cool magenta).

These lipsticks, just like all Revlon chubby pencil formulas, tend to oxidize on me into a darker pinkier shade about 30 minutes after application. The same thing happens with YSL lip lacquers and it's L'oreal counterpart as well. The Bite/NARS/Canmake pens don't do that on me and stay their true color until I take them off. I don't know how the other colors look on me a long time after applying but Rimmel 200 Keep it Mauving turns more cool tone and reddish on me, which I find very lovely especially if it's cold and gray outside.

I have this in Make me Blush, a pretty, cool pink shade, which I think is flattering on my pale (NW15) skin. This chubby stick style lip crayon applies smoothly and evenly, feels nice on lips, and has a somewhat glossy finish with no glitter or shimmer. Wears off after 3-4 hours, leaving lips feeling a little dry, but not parched. It has a bit of a sweet vanilla smell to it which you don't notice once it is applied. I really crayon-style lip products, and in my opinion this is one of the best at the drug store, next to L'Oreal Glossy Balm. I am torn about repurchasing as I have a few of this type of product, but lean towards yes because I really like the colour.

These have a nice vanillary scent. They can be really sheer if you apply a bit to the centre of your lips then spread it round or very rich in colour is you swipe the whole thing across your lips. The red one can go from giving you a nice natural looking tint to a full on bold red lip. They are nice and moisturizing, do feel like a balm but obviously this means that their staying power is not fantastic but i think its pretty good for what they are. they have a slight shine to them and I think they are really great.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have the colour Keep Mauving and it looks like a nude lip colour on me. Very natural. Smells like chocolate! Pigmented and lasts long; even after it wears off it looks like a pretty, natural stain. I use this on my cheeks and blend out with my fingers for a lovely flush. I love using it on my cheeks and lips so they match

great product! good pigmentation, and gives that great" I just ate a popsicle look" with the reds,pinks, and coral shades. no taste or flavor, moisturizing with good staying power. I found they are also great as a cheek stain/ blush. I put some on my hand, then use a small blush brush to apply to my face. it gives a nice glow, and hasn't broke me out in this way.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have this in the colour 700 Not An Illusion, and I like it a lot. The packaging is cute, and the colour payoff is fantastic. It's super bright, so I just like to dab a little onto my lips before blending it out with my fingers for a natural look. It's not as moisturizing as I'd like it to be, but it's still quite good. The scent is also not overwhelming or bad. I feel like this will last me a really long time, which is a bonus :) I'd definitely be willing to buy other colours to try them out.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have the redder the better And make me blush, they r easy to apply, they smell good and they r cheap .i

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this in the color Make ME Blush.

I love the packaging, it was partly what sold me. This lip gloss also smells really good.

Unfortunately that is about the only good thing about this balm.

It's not a light baby pink when you wear it and goes on a bit darker so I didn't really like the color. On top of that, it stains a bright pink color on your lips. It dried my lips out and after a while started sinking into my creases so I will definitely have to exfoliate before wearing this. It's not very moisturizing and it isn't creamy. Since it's not glossy it's not a good everyday lip gloss for me, but since the color also isn't very pigmented it's not a good lipstick. I guess I'll just use it when I'm bored.

Love these! I have it in 700 Not An Illusion which is a mid nude pink so neutral, but still noticeable colour. It goes on beautifully, is moisturising and lasts for hours. Very impressed.

Recommended for Medium Skin