April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Rimmel Colour Rush Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WHOA NELLY!
These are so cool - I'm a sucker for chunky twist up crayon pencil thingies and these are up there with the best. Like the Jordana balm stains, these are both moisturizing and pigmented with a soft candy scent. The tubes and lids are representative of the colour inside, which makes it easy to grab the right one (and I have 12 or 13 of them, so this is handy!) but the only thing that irritates me about the packaging is that the actual shade names are printed in such teeny tiny writing under where it says Colour Rush balm blah blah blah in silver text and on such a weird angle, it makes them really hard to read.
But that small potatoes compared to how fricking awesome these are... I put Rumour Has It (which is a totally banging coral red) on at 8am yesterday. At 12pm, after drinking coffee and water, it still looked immaculate. By 2.30pm (after lunch) it was a bit faded so I slapped some balm over the time, which seemed to smooth out the colour. I got home about 5.30pm and I could still see colour on my lips, though by this stage it was definitely well worn and a bit patchy close up. Still, I was very impressed with the colour, the intensity of the pigment and how well it lasted.
I haven't tried all the shades out yet, but the deeper and brighter ones do seem to last longer on me than lighter shades, such as Make Me Blush and Give Me a Cuddle.
I wore Keep Mauving as a bridesmaid at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and it looked fantastic all night (though I did reapply lightly a couple of times to keep the colour even for the photographs).
My favourite shades are Keep Mauving, Lady Marmalade, Rumour Has It, Boom Chic A Boom and Viva Violet.
Not An Illusion looks great with a smoky eye and the rest are a nice mix of soft, easy to wear neutrals and pops of bright colour, so there's something to suit everyone.
I got these for $6.99USD each (plus shipping), which considering the usual extortionate prices of makeup in New Zealand, is a great bargain. And although we do have Rimmel London available here in pharmacies and Farmers department stores, I haven't seen these little beauties in stock in any of them.
Get some, they're all good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shade - 110 "Make Me Blush"

Can we just start with the price? I bought this in Boots for 5.99 on a whim because I loved the shade and the price seemed reasonable, I didn't want to drop 20 on a lipstick just because I fancied a little after work treat.

My point is that for the price, this is AMAZING. It's a balm. Looks like a crayon. Slides on flawlessly and is extremely buildable. One layer is sheer, a couple is nearly completely opaque.

It stays. I mean like.. it really stays. And not "stays around the edges of your lips", it actually stays ON YOUR LIP for a good few hours. I reapply because I like the boldness of this shade, but if I had a more neutral colour for my lips I wouldn't have to.

I love this and now I want all the colours, dammit Rimmel.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahvilleneuve

Love it!! First, I really like the fact that's it's a pencil. The color I choose, which is "Give me a cuddle" is so nice! It's a really cute pink which is not too "flashy" or harsh. And the smell is soooooo nice! It smell like vanilla and it's sweet. Yummy! It's a good price/quality deal since it's not expensive at all (I got it for 6$ at WalMart). I will repurchase! Thanks Rimmel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love lip balm/lipstick in this chubby stick form. This one is my absolute favorite as it combines amazing pigment of a lipstick with the softness of a balm. The colours I have are The Redder The Better and On Fire, and they are absolutely amazeballs. The first one is a gorgeous classic red, and when applied correct (lipliner, two layers with blotting of a tissue in between) it really does last. On Fire is a gorgeous dark coral, perfect for spring & summer. These babies have moved into my make-upbag permanently :)!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Weirdest ever lip "color"...So I bought this in 710 "Drive Me Nude" put it on & just LOVED the texture, smell, creamy but not too slide-y feeling on my lips etc...most of all I thought I had found the best NUDE ever. So I wore it proudly w/ my heavily mascara & lined eyes for a few hours only to look in the mirror later & realize that the "color" turned a bright-esque PINK on my lips reminiscent of like Baby Lips "Pink Punch" LOL!! Not sure what to make of it or that, but thanks to reading prior reviews I see I'm NOT the only one...I paid $9.60 for it too @ Shoppers Drug Mart in Toronto (Canada) incl taxes so sorta wished I had bought something else instead. I mean it looks FAB for the 1st like hour or so on, but then goes all chameleon on me. I've already pinks & wanted something more beige / toned down like for my light-med brown skin! Oh well, great product otherwise, love the hydration & feel, just a little un-sure of the "look" as it was not what I truly wanted.
NEXT DAY UPDATE: Gave it to my blond-haired / blue-eyed friend -- looked AMAZ on her - not so good on my light-med brown skin tho. Too bad 4me but glad she'll actually use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do love these. I've had these for a month and my love for them just grows. I love lip crayons and these have to be my favourite out of the bunch that I've tried. The cheapest I could find these in Canada were at the price of $5.99 without tax.

I purchased two colours 200 Keep Mauving and 120 All You Need Is Pink. Both colours have a fantastic sweet vanilla smell. Both balms have a stiff texture (not melty like the Revlon lip butters) but just melts onto the lips. Both feel really creamy and moisturizing on the lips which I love. They feel as comfortable as any good balm - creamy and moist - no stickiness detected.

I want to marry "Keep Mauving". "Keep Mauving" is my lip product twin. On my lips It's a lovely shade of plummy pink with a hint of brown (in the tube it looks a lot more brown, especially when put against the other shades in the line). "Keep Mauving" is a good everyday colour. It's a great pink that looked fab on my skin tone. Of course these are stains so the colour will morph over time to stain your lips. Over time "Keep Mauving" loses its pinky-brown creaminess and stains my lips a deep rose pink. I love both colours. "Keep Mauving" is everything that I wanted Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey to be. "Keep Mauving' is cheaper with a colour that better suits my skin tone and smells better then Honey's minty smell.

Now "All You Need Is Pink" has red packaging which is why I believed this balm was going to be redder then it was. It's a bright, rosey fuchsia. It's a lovely colour bold colour that feels so comfortable on the lips. This colour is quite bright from the onset so it doesn't morph into a staining colour like "Keep Mauving".

I find that both colours aren't extremely long-lasting. They do stain my lips but when I go to eat lunch the colour will wear out - there will be a hint of colour on my lips - but there will be a brighter ring of colour on the outside. What I'm trying to say is, these balms don't wear out evenly if you're eating. If you don't eat and have sips of water these will last much longer and will fade evenly through the day. I had to touch up after snacks but aside from that not at all.

I am looking forward to trying other colours in the line ("On Fire" in particular). I really like these colour rush balms and I will repurchase them as long as they are available!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best lip stain/balm ever!

Ever since I saw FleurdeForce talk about this, I wanted this to come over to Canada already. Now that it's here, I'm so happy.

I only have Red-der the Better but I plan on buying more. It's a bit sticky compared to others of its category but it stays well so I don't mind. It's a bright red with a glossy finish.

A must have. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am obsessed with balm stains. I have close to 60 from every brand out there; Tarte, Clinique, Soap & Glory, Revlon, Wet N Wild, Jordana, Neutrogena, Cover Girl, etc. My favorites have always been the Soap & Glory ones because they have such a gorgeous formula. These are now my top ones. I have 6 colors - Give Me a Cuddle, Keep Mauving, The Redder the Better, On Fire & two others that I can't remember right now. The formula of these is extremely similar to the Soap & Glory ones. They smell exactly the same, they go on so smoothly, they last a long time (swatches on the hand will remain until the next day easily), they're moisturizing. The difference is that these are extremely pigmented, whereas the S&G ones are more of a gloss in stick form. The colors of these are what you see on the tube (though a lot of them do tend to pull fuchsia on me.) I found these for $5 at Wal-Mart and, unfortunately, they aren't safety sealed so make sure you check them before you buy them. For the price, these are amazing and definitely my favorite product of their type. Also, if you are having a hard time finding the name on them, it's written really small diagonally under the product name.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I have this in "Rumour Has it". This is the most moisturizing of the "balms" that I have tried. It is very comfortable to wear, and lasts for a good amount of time. The only thing I don't like is that the names are not on the tubes, so you won't know which one you're buying. Some stores have the names labelled on the shelf, others (Walmart) do not. I will be picking up more colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Hehapheobe

I recently purchased the shade 'Drive Me Nude' from Superdrug. I was a little shocked by it so feel I have to write this review.
I went out looking for a nice moisturising, light, easy to apply, NUDE (my understanding of nude being somewhere between beige-light brown, with a subtle hint of pale neutral pink perhaps)?! After swatching the sample it seemed to fit the criteria, I was happy.

On my first day of wear I applied it in good light in the morning, it complemented my subtle terracotta/ smokey brown eye look, seemingly looking nude. It glided on like a dream, made my lips feel moisturised and healthy, it just felt amazing on.

As the day went on I caught the odd glimpse of myself and thought I looked rather flushed, but didn't think too much of it.

The next day I applied again, noticing this time that the product itself looked although it had been contaminated with another pink lip product, I didn't think I'd double dipped the day before? My lip colour changed throughout the day, I found myself questioning what I had actually applied, I honestly thought I was going mad.

This morning I saw my friend whom complimented my lip colour, I thought it was weird that she'd commented as it wasn't supposed to be anything special. So I made a point of keeping an eye on the colour throughout the day. After about 1.5 hrs of wearing, I looked in the mirror and couldn't believe my eyes, it had morfed into a hot zesty fushia pink. My nude had well and truly gone, which was annoying as it completely overshadowed my eye makeup. Throughout the day it pretty much kept the morfed colour, it just lost it's shine and moisture, but that's not unexpected.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't trust the colour, it 'develops' in a really bazzare and unexpected way. Otherwise it feels like heaven and has good staying power.