Rimmel Rimmel Colour Rush Balm

4.6

on 2/18/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got two of these as a gift and holy cannoli are they awesome! I've tried all kinds of lip crayons of this ilk, and none (not even the Jordana ones) can compare. These are by far the most pigmented, best smelling, and longest lasting balms on the market. I know they aren't necessarily marketed as a balm stain, but they perform like one.
These go on mostly opaque, and can be easily built to a fully opaque coverage. The finish is glossy at first, but then settles down to a semi-satin finish. I haven't yet experienced any bleeding or feathering with these, which is phenomenal.
They feel lightly hydrating, but not extraordinarily so. I have found in the past that every balm stain I've used ends up feeling very drying after the initial layer of gloss has worn off. Not so with these. These are lightweight and comfortable, and don't induce dryness at all.
The smell is quite vanilla-y, rather than the mint smell that plagues the majority of other balm stains. Something to consider: mint oil can actually be a bit of an irritant. This is why I never understood why it is so frequently added to lip products that are supposed to be moisturizing. The more you use them, the worse your lips will be. The only balm stains aside from these that didn't seem to have that issue were the Jordana ones, but even those can feel a little drying over time.
I got Boom Chic A Boom, which is a gorgeous deep pink, and On Fire, which is a bright coral-pink with reddish leanings. Both are very pigmented and flattering, and sure to brighten up light to medium complexions easily.
The packaging is standard to balm stains. Just a twist-up crayon. It's cute enough, but looks a bit young due to the "fun" logo and solid color. But really, as long as it houses the product securely, I don't care what it looks like.
I've seen these around for anywhere from $5 - $7, depending on the store. Seems like a good deal for such a fantastic product!

EDIT: OMG. Layer "On Fire" over the stain left behind from "Boom Chic a Boom" and the result is absolutely stunning!!

on 2/11/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this in "make me blush" thinking it was a subtle, somewhat "my lips but better" color. It's not, it turns different on the lips. Becomes darker, more fuchsia pink. It's not bad at all, but it's not what I was looking for, I already have many lipsticks in that color. I like the packaging and the scent.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love love love this! Great dupe for Clinique chubby sticks and Revlon lip stain - in fact I prefer them better! Obviously less of a colour range but still fantastic products, I have the two lighter colours and they are just beautiful. The texture is creamy and moisturing, the colour lasts especially when paired with a lip liner, the brights are also beautiful if you can wear bright colours. I highly recommend these for anyone looking for a cheap dupe of the Clinique chubby sticks or just for a great tinted lip balm that smells great and feels heavenly!

on 12/18/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

this is the best smelling lipstick ive ever used.it smells like vanilla icecream-cotton candy or something like that.staying power is really good , it stays 4-5 hours maybe more without wiping.it is moisturizing enough at first but it feels a little bit drying in a couple of hours and when its moisture gone, it leaves a tint on the lips which i like.it's not transferring easily. I can apply it without looking at a mirror with no problem.the colour i own is called 'give me a cuddle' which is a nice soft bright pink that's not shimmery or frosty.i chose this pink colour in a complete whim when they were on sale( even full price is not so expensive).i wanted a different shade cuz i buy mostly coral , mauve ,bordeaux coloured lippie products and i wanted a pink lipstick (just for trial) in my makeup bag but anyway i still don't like pinky lippies.i will def.rebuy in other shades.

on 11/7/2014 11:58:00 PM

I am not a big lipstick or even lipgloss person. I prefer stains but my favourite stain has been discontinued (Joe Fresh). I am pleasantly surprised by this lipgloss/balm/lipstick. It's really confusing, if you apply it heavily it's pretty much a lipstick - but the consistency is very creamy and can be a little glossy. The colour also stains the lips a bit, but not as much as a true stain. It does have a vanilla scent that I don't mind (and I typically hate all scents). The scent fades fairly quickly. I have two colours:
Lady Marmalade: pinky orange/coral
Sunkissed: pinky peach
It lasts for about 3 hours on me and does highlight dry spots but otherwise really like these. They are light and you can't tell you're wearing them. Most of the colors look pretty similar - but I am a fan of coral so glad there's lot of coral options. On Fire is another one that I might pick up - it is more of a hot pink/coral.
In summary I love how these feel, like the colors, and lasting power is not bad. It's also not too expensive ($6 at my Walmart).
Try them out!

Update: Went back and bought more colours! Can't remember exact names...
Cuddle up: baby pink
On Fire: hot coral pink
Not an Illusion: nudey peach
Mauvin it (?): berry nude
Really liking the formula! I wear one of these colour everyday. I don't reapply but because it's so long lasting, the colour stays on until almost lunch. Better than most lip glosses which are gone after breakfast.
Out of all the colours, Mauvin It is the most wearable. It's not as bright a colour and is almost a MLBB on me. It's a more 'mature' colour. Next is probably cuddle up/sunkissed/lady marmalade as a tie. Those are all cute corally pinks that I really like. I could have done without On Fire and Not an Illusions. On Fire is just a bit too bright for me and Not an Illusion just looks like a bleh colour on me.
Same as before - give them a try!

on 10/2/2014 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought I WANT CANDY and i really love the pigmentation. It applies smoothly like a normal lip balm without feeling too greasy. The shade itself is a barbie pink. After a half hour, the texture dries up and don't budge with drinking and eating (carefully). It stayed a good 6 hours without touching up. I drank and smoked a lot in that period. At the end of the night, it stained a berry pink on my naturally pigmented lips. I removed it easily with makeup remover wipes when i got home.

Price wise, it cost me half of what Revlon balms cost. Chanced upon them on Asos.com cos Rimmel isn't available in Singapore.

on 9/29/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Out of all of the balm sticks I own and use, this is my favorite. It is not a balm, it is actually a lipstick. I have the Keep Mauvin 200. Perfect fall color and it stays on for hours unless you wipe it with napkins/tissues.

Love it, will rebuy.

These smell sooooo good. Balm crayons are my favourite type of lip product at the moment, although I d prefer them to be quite pigmented. The Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms are my all time favourite but these Rimmel ones are quite good too. They're very pigmented and moisturising and have a delicious vanilla smell. I plan to pick up all the shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I actually love this product, I got this in "Keep Mauving" as mauve is my go-to lip colour. I found it on sale for just 4.99 CND. It's well pigmented, moisturizing and stays on for a long time.

on 8/25/2014 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Rimmel's Colour Rush Balms give Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense a good run for the money in terms of pigment, staying power and packaging.
I have several of the Rimmel Colour Rush Balms and they're all great.

Give Me a Cuddle - a neutral peach pink
The Redder, The Better - a neutral red (if you're intimidated by red lipsticks, this one is worth checking out. You can apply gently for subtle colour or layer it for more depth)
On Fire - a coral pink
Sun Kissed - a peachy/coral

These apply like a sheer lipstick but with noticeable pigment and colour. There is a slight vanilla scent but I don't find it offensive. (although I do prefer fragrance free like Clinique's version)
There is no pulling or tugging and the formula isn't greasy like other similar lip balm pencils. It's not matte but more on the creamier side.
I like that there is colour on my lips and it doesn't bleed into my lip lines.
The staying power is like most other lipsticks and it leaves behind a nice stain without that 'ring' look.
Like the other lipstick crayons on the market, there is no need to sharpen as it twists up. (I hate sharpening pencils, especially big ones as I find it wastes product)

If you're not keen on spending the dollars on high end lip balm crayons, check out Rimmel's version. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Popular Lipsticks