November 28, 2014 | 1843 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Rimmel Colour Rush Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by jelly_bean

I am not a big lipstick or even lipgloss person. I prefer stains but my favourite stain has been discontinued (Joe Fresh). I am pleasantly surprised by this lipgloss/balm/lipstick. It's really confusing, if you apply it heavily it's pretty much a lipstick - but the consistency is very creamy and can be a little glossy. The colour also stains the lips a bit, but not as much as a true stain. It does have a vanilla scent that I don't mind (and I typically hate all scents). The scent fades fairly quickly. I have two colours:
Lady Marmalade: pinky orange/coral
Sunkissed: pinky peach
It lasts for about 3 hours on me and does highlight dry spots but otherwise really like these. They are light and you can't tell you're wearing them. Most of the colors look pretty similar - but I am a fan of coral so glad there's lot of coral options. On Fire is another one that I might pick up - it is more of a hot pink/coral.
In summary I love how these feel, like the colors, and lasting power is not bad. It's also not too expensive ($6 at my Walmart).
Try them out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought I WANT CANDY and i really love the pigmentation. It applies smoothly like a normal lip balm without feeling too greasy. The shade itself is a barbie pink. After a half hour, the texture dries up and don't budge with drinking and eating (carefully). It stayed a good 6 hours without touching up. I drank and smoked a lot in that period. At the end of the night, it stained a berry pink on my naturally pigmented lips. I removed it easily with makeup remover wipes when i got home.

Price wise, it cost me half of what Revlon balms cost. Chanced upon them on Asos.com cos Rimmel isn't available in Singapore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Out of all of the balm sticks I own and use, this is my favorite. It is not a balm, it is actually a lipstick. I have the Keep Mauvin 200. Perfect fall color and it stays on for hours unless you wipe it with napkins/tissues.

Love it, will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

These smell sooooo good. Balm crayons are my favourite type of lip product at the moment, although I d prefer them to be quite pigmented. The Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms are my all time favourite but these Rimmel ones are quite good too. They're very pigmented and moisturising and have a delicious vanilla smell. I plan to pick up all the shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ang3lwithashotgun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually love this product, I got this in "Keep Mauving" as mauve is my go-to lip colour. I found it on sale for just 4.99 CND. It's well pigmented, moisturizing and stays on for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rimmel's Colour Rush Balms give Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense a good run for the money in terms of pigment, staying power and packaging.
I have several of the Rimmel Colour Rush Balms and they're all great.

Give Me a Cuddle - a neutral peach pink
The Redder, The Better - a neutral red (if you're intimidated by red lipsticks, this one is worth checking out. You can apply gently for subtle colour or layer it for more depth)
On Fire - a coral pink
Sun Kissed - a peachy/coral

These apply like a sheer lipstick but with noticeable pigment and colour. There is a slight vanilla scent but I don't find it offensive. (although I do prefer fragrance free like Clinique's version)
There is no pulling or tugging and the formula isn't greasy like other similar lip balm pencils. It's not matte but more on the creamier side.
I like that there is colour on my lips and it doesn't bleed into my lip lines.
The staying power is like most other lipsticks and it leaves behind a nice stain without that 'ring' look.
Like the other lipstick crayons on the market, there is no need to sharpen as it twists up. (I hate sharpening pencils, especially big ones as I find it wastes product)

If you're not keen on spending the dollars on high end lip balm crayons, check out Rimmel's version. You might be pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

I unreservedly give this 5 lippies. Passes the can-kiss-boyfriend-and-not-end-up-having-both-of-us-look-like-clowns test with flying colors. (Yes it's a real test. It's all very scientific.) No strong taste, minimal transfer, and the remaining stain was still going strong even after a greasy sandwich and cup of coffee.

Half the price of the Revlon balm stains. I have 3 shades and my favorite is 200 Keep Mauving. I have tried many drugstore mauves and this one is just a touch more red that I don't look washed out (I cannot for the life of me pull off nude/pale lips). It's an office appropriate shade, and I appreciate that if I have to face somebody right after lunch (ugh some people just cannot wait!) before I've had the chance to freshen up my lipstick, I know I still have some color on my lips.

As I love the formula and the color (rare to find both qualities in a lipstick), I would repurchase!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Sailormoon21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm wearing the color "130 I want candy!" Right now!!! And it's been like 6 hours!! I did eat and still looking so fresh!! The color is soo good on the lips!! And I have the color "210 boom chic a boom" and "720 lippy latte" I love to use them all the time!!! Just more than perfect!!!! It has a nice smell of vanilla ahhhh so good love them!!!!! Highly recommended!!! And soooo cheap cheap cheap!! I'll buy againnnnn more colors!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This formula is amazing! Just as good as Clinique Chubby Sticks, if not better because of the delicious, sweet scent, and definitely better than Revlon Colorburst. Personally, it is more moisturizing than both of those. The shade selection to me might not be as good as those brands, as they are mostly too bright for my daily routine or look very similar to each other but my favorite is 'Not an Illusion'. It's a good dupe for the 'Mega Melon' Chubby Stick. It's just the perfect product, exactly what I want when I hear "long lasting intense color balm". Great pigmentation, moisturizing lip balm formula and it does last a significant amount of time, leaving behind somewhat of a stain/tint effect even after fading. And speaking of Colorburst beforehand, I've found the Rimmel balm makes a great hydrating base for the Revlon matte balms. Those shades are better but are drying in my experience, but pair it with these and it's perfect. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These are phenomenal. I've tried just about every brand of these chubby pencils and these along with the Revlon ones are my favorites. These have incredible pigmentation, light vanilla scent, and resonable wear time. And at $6.99 (CAD), they're the most affordable chubby pencils at the drugstore. I can't believe how comfortable these wear, and when they do start to wear off, they wear off evenly so you're not left with that horrendous lip lined look when they only wear off in the center of the lip. Which is super important to me. These are defintely worth a try. Haven't tried a shade that has disappointed me.