Rimmel Rimmel Colour Rush Balm

4.6

on 7/29/2015 1:43:00 PM

great product! good pigmentation, and gives that great" I just ate a popsicle look" with the reds,pinks, and coral shades. no taste or flavor, moisturizing with good staying power. I found they are also great as a cheek stain/ blush. I put some on my hand, then use a small blush brush to apply to my face. it gives a nice glow, and hasn't broke me out in this way.

on 7/17/2015 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have this in the colour 700 Not An Illusion, and I like it a lot. The packaging is cute, and the colour payoff is fantastic. It's super bright, so I just like to dab a little onto my lips before blending it out with my fingers for a natural look. It's not as moisturizing as I'd like it to be, but it's still quite good. The scent is also not overwhelming or bad. I feel like this will last me a really long time, which is a bonus :) I'd definitely be willing to buy other colours to try them out.

on 6/8/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have the redder the better And make me blush, they r easy to apply, they smell good and they r cheap .i

on 5/25/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this in the color Make ME Blush.

I love the packaging, it was partly what sold me. This lip gloss also smells really good.

Unfortunately that is about the only good thing about this balm.

It's not a light baby pink when you wear it and goes on a bit darker so I didn't really like the color. On top of that, it stains a bright pink color on your lips. It dried my lips out and after a while started sinking into my creases so I will definitely have to exfoliate before wearing this. It's not very moisturizing and it isn't creamy. Since it's not glossy it's not a good everyday lip gloss for me, but since the color also isn't very pigmented it's not a good lipstick. I guess I'll just use it when I'm bored.

on 5/9/2015 6:38:00 PM

Love these! I have it in 700 Not An Illusion which is a mid nude pink so neutral, but still noticeable colour. It goes on beautifully, is moisturising and lasts for hours. Very impressed.

on 5/3/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! I bought my first one, in Boom Chic a Boom, because I saw EssieButton wearing it in a YouTube video and the colour looked so gorgeous and saturated. It reminded me of the Revlon lip butter in Raspberry Pie - (I love that shade but not the formula.) It's a deep fuchsia pink, a beautiful statement lip while still being wearable for daytime. I think these smell incredible. Often times when drugstore brands add a foody scent to products, I find they can smell really artificial and yucky, but they got this one right - it smells like Cadbury creme eggs to me, a mix of chocolate and vanilla. The colour is full-on and long-lasting, very creamy and comfortable on the lips, with a moderate amount of shine (which I blot down with a tissue, not a huge fan of shiny lips). After loving Boom Chic a Boom so much, I also bought 'Keep Mauving' which is a very wearable everyday mauvey pink. I reach for it often, it compliments any look. I found these on sale for 5 or 6 dollars and think they are absolutely worth the price. I'm going to get an orange-based shade for summertime. Would highly recommend.

on 4/27/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this! Purchased Lady Marmelade and it is a beautiful light red shade, kind of reminds me of strawberry jam. It feels moisturizing on the lips, but doesn't smear, it stays put. The best thing is that it lasts pretty long. I had an icecream cone that was very messy to eat and I had to wipe my mouth afterwards, yet I still had a decent amount of color left on my lips! Dabbed some lip balm on and it looked like I has just put on a new coat of lip stain. Will definitely repurchase and get more shades as well.
UPDATE: purchased Drive Me Nude and Not An Illusion and am just as impressed. Drive me nude is a rosy-browny-nude, very classic and appropriate for work. Not an Illusion is a MLBB type of color for me, it just enhances my natural lip color beautifully. Noticed that Lady Marmelade turns brighter and into a more coral color after a bit, but it is still gorgeous!

on 4/13/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love these, but they have an odd quality - they don't stay the same colour on your lips! I have three different lighter shades (give me a cuddle, make me blush and I want candy) and all go on looking great, but all of them change colour after you wear them for about 30 minutes! They start lighter or more muted but all turn into super bright neon shades. Sort of disappointing because otherwise they are great, but you don't get what you are really looking for :(

on 3/8/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I can't find the name on the one I chose but it is the bright, lighter one. I am enjoying it very much. It is soft, moist, and just a tab bit shiny. I do like the way it smells although I will not go as far as to say it is the best smelling lip product I own. It reminds me of the smell of MAC lipsticks. The tint stays on my lips for a very long time. It seems to me the color gets deeper the longer it is on my lips. The price is affordable so I may try another shade. Worth a buy.

on 2/18/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got two of these as a gift and holy cannoli are they awesome! I've tried all kinds of lip crayons of this ilk, and none (not even the Jordana ones) can compare. These are by far the most pigmented, best smelling, and longest lasting balms on the market. I know they aren't necessarily marketed as a balm stain, but they perform like one.
These go on mostly opaque, and can be easily built to a fully opaque coverage. The finish is glossy at first, but then settles down to a semi-satin finish. I haven't yet experienced any bleeding or feathering with these, which is phenomenal.
They feel lightly hydrating, but not extraordinarily so. I have found in the past that every balm stain I've used ends up feeling very drying after the initial layer of gloss has worn off. Not so with these. These are lightweight and comfortable, and don't induce dryness at all.
The smell is quite vanilla-y, rather than the mint smell that plagues the majority of other balm stains. Something to consider: mint oil can actually be a bit of an irritant. This is why I never understood why it is so frequently added to lip products that are supposed to be moisturizing. The more you use them, the worse your lips will be. The only balm stains aside from these that didn't seem to have that issue were the Jordana ones, but even those can feel a little drying over time.
I got Boom Chic A Boom, which is a gorgeous deep pink, and On Fire, which is a bright coral-pink with reddish leanings. Both are very pigmented and flattering, and sure to brighten up light to medium complexions easily.
The packaging is standard to balm stains. Just a twist-up crayon. It's cute enough, but looks a bit young due to the "fun" logo and solid color. But really, as long as it houses the product securely, I don't care what it looks like.
I've seen these around for anywhere from $5 - $7, depending on the store. Seems like a good deal for such a fantastic product!

EDIT: OMG. Layer "On Fire" over the stain left behind from "Boom Chic a Boom" and the result is absolutely stunning!!

EDIT #2: Picked up "Keep Mauving" and it is my new favorite MLBB shade. I generally tend to opt for matte mauve-nudes, but I figured the brighter shades performed so well that I'd give "Keep Mauving" a shot after seeing online swatches. And it is perfect. This may turn into my go-to shade for everyday wear, running neck and neck with Milani's "Pretty Natural". The finish is consistent with the rest of the shades - not glossy but not matte, and the color lasts for so long! So far it hasn't morphed into an unflattering fuchsia stain or anything yet, and I've been wearing it for hours. Hopefully that's a sign of how it'll continue to perform. Perfect lip color!!

Popular Lipsticks