July 28, 2014 | 1412 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Rimmel Colour Rush Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

Not so excited about the crayon packaging but I have this in "the redder the better"which is a fire engine red! Not too pink not too orange, just classic. These are very pigmented as this red colour takes two swipes to go on opaque. They last quite a while but after 2-3 hours i apply a lip balm cause my lips start to dry. Its lasts through meals and everything pretty good and is so cheap! Definitely purchasing in other colours . The finish isn't matte for my colour, but it's not lip glossy, I would say satin/cream and if you really build it up then it might be a little gel like. :) I wore the red for my graduation and I loved it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I never liked lipstics before in my life. I always used invisible balms to heal my lips, especially during the winter.i never liked lipstics because they never protected my lips and the colour never stayed for a long time. They were all right to use during the summer day but i always had to reapply millions of times a day! Which was exausting. Well, those lipstic- balm are absolutely a hit!!! I bought them while ago after my sister in law recommended it. I was not happy to use lipstics but after purchase ive changed my mind completely. They do a great job not drying lips out, it stains lips. Last night i cameback home, ive washed my face, put face mask, and after washing facemask off, i still had a colour on!! Of course it wasnt as strong as when freshly applied but it was still looking nice and fresh. What i also love about this product,which is something ive seen people complaining but i absolutely love it, that the lipstic slightly changes colour. So u dont get bored and it nicely contour your lips. Another great side is that the application is so easy and the product stays on lips, not around the lips like with other lipstics! The only issue iwould have is that rimmel should invent more colours, but otherwise i am more than happy with the product itself. I use ON FIRE and BOOM CHICK BOOM, i love them all !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just got this in 710 Drive Me Nude which like others have noted turns pink when applied. I like the final colour, it's a brightening, easy to wear everyday pink, so I don't regret my purchase. I'm a bit perplexed though. The texture and smell are good, the lasting power is good in that it stains a little so even if you eat you still have some colour. The texture and smell are very comparable to the Catrice crayon balm, but this one has better pigmentation and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by elliestrode

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is surely my favourite lip product, I purchased a dark pink shade names Boom Chic A Boom and had to go buy another one as I loved it so much. The shades I have now are, Boom Chic A Boom , Give Me A Cuddle and Not An Illusion. I Love these so much. They are so easy to apply and the colour lasts all day. They also have an amazing fruity smell and they are very bright and I love using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by maariyaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These lip balms work wonders!The crayon applicator made it much easier to get this exact on my lips without any going outside the lines. I adore all of the colours and am very impressed with how the colour stains my lip, so even if the creamy balm came off there was still some colour to my lips. These balms are creamy, pigmented, moisturising and have a lovely finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WHOA NELLY!
These are so cool - I'm a sucker for chunky twist up crayon pencil thingies and these are up there with the best. Like the Jordana balm stains, these are both moisturizing and pigmented with a soft candy scent. The tubes and lids are representative of the colour inside, which makes it easy to grab the right one (and I have 12 or 13 of them, so this is handy!) but the only thing that irritates me about the packaging is that the actual shade names are printed in such teeny tiny writing under where it says Colour Rush balm blah blah blah in silver text and on such a weird angle, it makes them really hard to read.
But that small potatoes compared to how fricking awesome these are... I put Rumour Has It (which is a totally banging coral red) on at 8am yesterday. At 12pm, after drinking coffee and water, it still looked immaculate. By 2.30pm (after lunch) it was a bit faded so I slapped some balm over the time, which seemed to smooth out the colour. I got home about 5.30pm and I could still see colour on my lips, though by this stage it was definitely well worn and a bit patchy close up. Still, I was very impressed with the colour, the intensity of the pigment and how well it lasted.
I haven't tried all the shades out yet, but the deeper and brighter ones do seem to last longer on me than lighter shades, such as Make Me Blush and Give Me a Cuddle.
I wore Keep Mauving as a bridesmaid at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and it looked fantastic all night (though I did reapply lightly a couple of times to keep the colour even for the photographs).
My favourite shades are Keep Mauving, Lady Marmalade, Rumour Has It, Boom Chic A Boom and Viva Violet.
Not An Illusion looks great with a smoky eye and the rest are a nice mix of soft, easy to wear neutrals and pops of bright colour, so there's something to suit everyone.
I got these for $6.99USD each (plus shipping), which considering the usual extortionate prices of makeup in New Zealand, is a great bargain. And although we do have Rimmel London available here in pharmacies and Farmers department stores, I haven't seen these little beauties in stock in any of them.
Get some, they're all good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shade - 110 "Make Me Blush"

Can we just start with the price? I bought this in Boots for 5.99 on a whim because I loved the shade and the price seemed reasonable, I didn't want to drop 20 on a lipstick just because I fancied a little after work treat.

My point is that for the price, this is AMAZING. It's a balm. Looks like a crayon. Slides on flawlessly and is extremely buildable. One layer is sheer, a couple is nearly completely opaque.

It stays. I mean like.. it really stays. And not "stays around the edges of your lips", it actually stays ON YOUR LIP for a good few hours. I reapply because I like the boldness of this shade, but if I had a more neutral colour for my lips I wouldn't have to.

I love this and now I want all the colours, dammit Rimmel.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahvilleneuve

Love it!! First, I really like the fact that's it's a pencil. The color I choose, which is "Give me a cuddle" is so nice! It's a really cute pink which is not too "flashy" or harsh. And the smell is soooooo nice! It smell like vanilla and it's sweet. Yummy! It's a good price/quality deal since it's not expensive at all (I got it for 6$ at WalMart). I will repurchase! Thanks Rimmel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love lip balm/lipstick in this chubby stick form. This one is my absolute favorite as it combines amazing pigment of a lipstick with the softness of a balm. The colours I have are The Redder The Better and On Fire, and they are absolutely amazeballs. The first one is a gorgeous classic red, and when applied correct (lipliner, two layers with blotting of a tissue in between) it really does last. On Fire is a gorgeous dark coral, perfect for spring & summer. These babies have moved into my make-upbag permanently :)!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Weirdest ever lip "color"...So I bought this in 710 "Drive Me Nude" put it on & just LOVED the texture, smell, creamy but not too slide-y feeling on my lips etc...most of all I thought I had found the best NUDE ever. So I wore it proudly w/ my heavily mascara & lined eyes for a few hours only to look in the mirror later & realize that the "color" turned a bright-esque PINK on my lips reminiscent of like Baby Lips "Pink Punch" LOL!! Not sure what to make of it or that, but thanks to reading prior reviews I see I'm NOT the only one...I paid $9.60 for it too @ Shoppers Drug Mart in Toronto (Canada) incl taxes so sorta wished I had bought something else instead. I mean it looks FAB for the 1st like hour or so on, but then goes all chameleon on me. I've already pinks & wanted something more beige / toned down like for my light-med brown skin! Oh well, great product otherwise, love the hydration & feel, just a little un-sure of the "look" as it was not what I truly wanted.
NEXT DAY UPDATE: Gave it to my blond-haired / blue-eyed friend -- looked AMAZ on her - not so good on my light-med brown skin tho. Too bad 4me but glad she'll actually use it.