September 1, 2014 | 1511 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Rimmel Colour Rush Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rimmel's Colour Rush Balms give Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense a good run for the money in terms of pigment, staying power and packaging.
I have several of the Rimmel Colour Rush Balms and they're all great.

Give Me a Cuddle - a neutral peach pink
The Redder, The Better - a neutral red (if you're intimidated by red lipsticks, this one is worth checking out. You can apply gently for subtle colour or layer it for more depth)
On Fire - a coral pink
Sun Kissed - a peachy/coral

These apply like a sheer lipstick but with noticeable pigment and colour. There is a slight vanilla scent but I don't find it offensive. (although I do prefer fragrance free like Clinique's version)
There is no pulling or tugging and the formula isn't greasy like other similar lip balm pencils. It's not matte but more on the creamier side.
I like that there is colour on my lips and it doesn't bleed into my lip lines.
The staying power is like most other lipsticks and it leaves behind a nice stain without that 'ring' look.
Like the other lipstick crayons on the market, there is no need to sharpen as it twists up. (I hate sharpening pencils, especially big ones as I find it wastes product)

If you're not keen on spending the dollars on high end lip balm crayons, check out Rimmel's version. You might be pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

I unreservedly give this 5 lippies. Passes the can-kiss-boyfriend-and-not-end-up-having-both-of-us-look-like-clowns test with flying colors. (Yes it's a real test. It's all very scientific.) No strong taste, minimal transfer, and the remaining stain was still going strong even after a greasy sandwich and cup of coffee.

Half the price of the Revlon balm stains. I have 3 shades and my favorite is 200 Keep Mauving. I have tried many drugstore mauves and this one is just a touch more red that I don't look washed out (I cannot for the life of me pull off nude/pale lips). It's an office appropriate shade, and I appreciate that if I have to face somebody right after lunch (ugh some people just cannot wait!) before I've had the chance to freshen up my lipstick, I know I still have some color on my lips.

As I love the formula and the color (rare to find both qualities in a lipstick), I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Sailormoon21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm wearing the color "130 I want candy!" Right now!!! And it's been like 6 hours!! I did eat and still looking so fresh!! The color is soo good on the lips!! And I have the color "210 boom chic a boom" and "720 lippy latte" I love to use them all the time!!! Just more than perfect!!!! It has a nice smell of vanilla ahhhh so good love them!!!!! Highly recommended!!! And soooo cheap cheap cheap!! I'll buy againnnnn more colors!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This formula is amazing! Just as good as Clinique Chubby Sticks, if not better because of the delicious, sweet scent, and definitely better than Revlon Colorburst. Personally, it is more moisturizing than both of those. The shade selection to me might not be as good as those brands, as they are mostly too bright for my daily routine or look very similar to each other but my favorite is 'Not an Illusion'. It's a good dupe for the 'Mega Melon' Chubby Stick. It's just the perfect product, exactly what I want when I hear "long lasting intense color balm". Great pigmentation, moisturizing lip balm formula and it does last a significant amount of time, leaving behind somewhat of a stain/tint effect even after fading. And speaking of Colorburst beforehand, I've found the Rimmel balm makes a great hydrating base for the Revlon matte balms. Those shades are better but are drying in my experience, but pair it with these and it's perfect. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These are phenomenal. I've tried just about every brand of these chubby pencils and these along with the Revlon ones are my favorites. These have incredible pigmentation, light vanilla scent, and resonable wear time. And at $6.99 (CAD), they're the most affordable chubby pencils at the drugstore. I can't believe how comfortable these wear, and when they do start to wear off, they wear off evenly so you're not left with that horrendous lip lined look when they only wear off in the center of the lip. Which is super important to me. These are defintely worth a try. Haven't tried a shade that has disappointed me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by JL98

Bought this quite cheap which is a good thing as I dont like this product that much - but that's mainly because the colour I got (the pink give me a cuddle shade) doesn't at all suit the yellow undertones of my skin, and the colour is too opaque for me, when I was looking for something that gives more of a sheer tint (but then I guess I should have read the label that says 'intense colour balm' oops!). Apart from that I suppose it's ok...it winds up and down like a lip balm tube, and as I said gives an opaque coat of colour. It has a sweet artificial smell which isn't so bad compared to the scents of other lip products. So if that's what you're looking for maybe it'll ork better for you:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by somohlala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I generally love the color/balm concept ever since Clinique came out with its chubby stick, however; I never have found a brand that has good power pay off as much as the moisturizing part. I have tried Revlon Just Bitten which I would say to be my second favorite as it has the color pigment intensity and the lips moisturizing part but the color range is not ideal, it doesn't seem to have that 'in-between' color shade that matches me. Now, I have finally found my HG! My absolute favorite color, MLBB 'Not an illusion'. Staying power is amazing, blot on the first coat and put on the second one and you are good for the day, if you need to, just put in some lip balm during the day.

Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

Not so excited about the crayon packaging but I have this in "the redder the better"which is a fire engine red! Not too pink not too orange, just classic. These are very pigmented as this red colour takes two swipes to go on opaque. They last quite a while but after 2-3 hours i apply a lip balm cause my lips start to dry. Its lasts through meals and everything pretty good and is so cheap! Definitely purchasing in other colours . The finish isn't matte for my colour, but it's not lip glossy, I would say satin/cream and if you really build it up then it might be a little gel like. :) I wore the red for my graduation and I loved it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I never liked lipstics before in my life. I always used invisible balms to heal my lips, especially during the winter.i never liked lipstics because they never protected my lips and the colour never stayed for a long time. They were all right to use during the summer day but i always had to reapply millions of times a day! Which was exausting. Well, those lipstic- balm are absolutely a hit!!! I bought them while ago after my sister in law recommended it. I was not happy to use lipstics but after purchase ive changed my mind completely. They do a great job not drying lips out, it stains lips. Last night i cameback home, ive washed my face, put face mask, and after washing facemask off, i still had a colour on!! Of course it wasnt as strong as when freshly applied but it was still looking nice and fresh. What i also love about this product,which is something ive seen people complaining but i absolutely love it, that the lipstic slightly changes colour. So u dont get bored and it nicely contour your lips. Another great side is that the application is so easy and the product stays on lips, not around the lips like with other lipstics! The only issue iwould have is that rimmel should invent more colours, but otherwise i am more than happy with the product itself. I use ON FIRE and BOOM CHICK BOOM, i love them all !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just got this in 710 Drive Me Nude which like others have noted turns pink when applied. I like the final colour, it's a brightening, easy to wear everyday pink, so I don't regret my purchase. I'm a bit perplexed though. The texture and smell are good, the lasting power is good in that it stains a little so even if you eat you still have some colour. The texture and smell are very comparable to the Catrice crayon balm, but this one has better pigmentation and staying power.