Laura Mercier Primer protect SPF 30

3.1

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0), Octinoxate (7.3), Octocrylene (3.0), Oxybenzone (2.0). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, PEG-8, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid. May Contain ( /-): Yellow 5, Red 6

on 4/20/2015 7:10:00 AM

I suppose this does well in that extra hydration hold, I have dehydrated skin. But does it evens out the texture of your skin, not so much. I don't even find it to extend the longevity of my foundation. Do I think it's good yes, do I love it, no. It's oil free, yes but I don't find it to be particularly lightweight, it feels a little sticky to be honest, I think it's partly due to the SPF. It's an OK foundation primer, and I think you'd do well to find better primers out there with the price tag for this.

on 3/30/2015 10:14:00 PM

Meh. This is an ok primer. Although I find my makeup applies just as well by only using moisturizer underneath. So it's hard to justify paying so much for this product. I like that it has SPF 30 though. I can't say it made my skin more matte/smooth or anything. It just felt like a second coat of moisturizer. My foundation didn't stay on better or last longer than normal. No breakouts by adding this product, which was nice. All in all, I won't repurchase based off price and that fact that it's just not spectacular.

on 2/21/2015 3:53:00 AM

I am on the fence about this product, I am halfway thru my second bottle and most likely will not be buying a third. I like the lotion texture and the packaging and the price of this, considering its a high end brand, and the amount you get, I'd say the $34 is quite a bargain. my skin is normal-combo with dryness around the lips/normal on cheeks and oily t zone. it is very moisturizing and I love products with spf however, as others say, it leaves my forehead extremely shiny and I have to use a lot of powder to get it under control. I live in Los Angeles, weather is very stable so the SPF is my only concern when picking out products. so pros: SPF 30, pricing and value, packaging, moisturizing, cons: too oily for my skin

I'm a little shocked by the bad reviews but maybe this really is a product best for dry or combination skin, which I have. I think perhaps, too, that this could be considered a primer but isn't a primer in the vein that we think of them now, i.e. since Smashbox came out with their primer and we've all expected a 'cone-based primer since. Before that, priming used to be "prime the skin with moisturizer"----THAT is more the way this primer could be considered. I enjoy the texture. For me it's perfectly moisturizing and has a nice high SPF. It does not have the dimethicone-smoothing, Smashbox-ness to it, but that's a plus to me bc I don't like that.

I would definitely repurchase but damn, that price is brutal!!!!!! So I'll say yes, but I can't afford it right now.

on 12/17/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this primer! Though it is a bit heavy, it's perfect for my dry combo sensitive skin. My make up lasts all day and keeps my super dry/flaky areas hydrated longer than any other primer I've tried. Even if I wear it by itself as sunscreen it makes me look radiant, not oily.

Most importantly it has none of the slippery feeling of a silicone based primer, which tend to dry out my skin from the inside out AND clog my pores. Despite the price I would definitely buy it again.

on 11/7/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes me really oily. Makeup looks good in the morning but by noon it's sliding off my face. I would not buy it again. Kind of sour that I spend $45 on it actually. Going back to Shiseido Face for awhile.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was using a deluxe sample size of this, and after a few uses concluded there was absolutely no way I could make this work for me. It made me greasy looking, and did nothing to make my makeup last any longer. Maybe in the dead of winter this could be used to give skin a dewy look, but I can't think of any other scenario where this primer would even remotely be worth buying.

on 8/4/2014 9:55:00 PM

I'm pretty dry and after wearing this today I am an oily mess. Completely took me by surprise since I am a long time LM primer (original formula) user and don't get slick using that. Disappointed since I really, really wanted the added benefit of the SPF.

on 7/11/2014 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I happen to love this primer with protection and think it works well under my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which is my summertime foundation. I love that it has spf and primer abilities in one so willing to pay the price. It is probably not for oilier skin types as noted by the reviewers below but I have normal to maybe combination skin in the summer so it is working for me. My chin gets a smidge oily and I just blot that. My makeup still looks fresh at the end of the day.

on 7/5/2014 2:54:00 AM

I didn´t notice any difference in makeup-longevity or better application after using this primer, except that my skin turned very oily after a few hours and after two days of using this, my forehead was full of blemishes. Won´t use it again, obviously.

Popular Primer/ Correctors