October 20, 2014 | 1332 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Primer protect SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was using a deluxe sample size of this, and after a few uses concluded there was absolutely no way I could make this work for me. It made me greasy looking, and did nothing to make my makeup last any longer. Maybe in the dead of winter this could be used to give skin a dewy look, but I can't think of any other scenario where this primer would even remotely be worth buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by adischi

I'm pretty dry and after wearing this today I am an oily mess. Completely took me by surprise since I am a long time LM primer (original formula) user and don't get slick using that. Disappointed since I really, really wanted the added benefit of the SPF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I happen to love this primer with protection and think it works well under my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which is my summertime foundation. I love that it has spf and primer abilities in one so willing to pay the price. It is probably not for oilier skin types as noted by the reviewers below but I have normal to maybe combination skin in the summer so it is working for me. My chin gets a smidge oily and I just blot that. My makeup still looks fresh at the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I didn´t notice any difference in makeup-longevity or better application after using this primer, except that my skin turned very oily after a few hours and after two days of using this, my forehead was full of blemishes. Won´t use it again, obviously.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree that this primer is comfortable to wear. I also like the broad spectrum SPF 30. However, after applying the primer over my oil free moisturizer, my face was a shiny mess. I ended up using twice as much powder as I normally do to combat the oily shine. Every time I looked in the mirror, I had to blot my forehead and nose. By the end of the day, my face felt like a mask from all the powder and I couldn't wait to get home to wash everything off. So unless you have super dry skin, I don't recommend this product. Yuk.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by p030jle

I've worn Laura Mercier for years. However, I had never tried their new prime protect until a month ago. I have combination dehydrated skin prone to acne. This primer works really well at maintaining my moisture, keeping my makeup on and it does NOT break me out!

If you don't want to spend the money on deprecate products and love a natural look and a nothing feel, this primer is for you!