November 29, 2014 | 1718 users online

Lip Gloss - Canmake - Stay-On Balm Rouge

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I am a huge fan of Canmake for a really long time now, and I just realized I never wrote a review for this. I own all of the colors currently, including at least one that was limited edition (I think number 07?). Recently I picked up 8 and 9. I have already used up one stick of #6 and on my backup stick, and another backup of #3 floating around somewhere.

I LOVE THESE.

I picked a couple of these up not too long after they were first released, and honestly I have never been more impressed with lipstick/balms/whatever in the past. I personally dislike glosses because they tend to migrate and my hair often stick to it (especially when it's winter and windy which appears to be the only time i get to go to Japan for work LOL) and just overall a pita. My preferred lip color type are lipsticks or colored balms (but not the type of balms that have barely any color). A lot of lipsticks sold in US are highly pigmented, but they're not JUICY looking. You know what I mean, they're highly pigmented but they're kinda flat looking. Maybe just a little shine to make it not completely flat. Otherwise it's so shimmery it's utterly impossible. VERY rarely do you have a lipstick or stick balm that have a finish that's more JUICY or plump looking, and very rarely are there flattering "lighter" shades that are pigmented, juicy gloss without it actually being a gloss, and flattering in general for light asian skin tone.

Many Japanese lipsticks actually boast a lot of these things that I always look for, but none of them have ALL of these qualities and also cost less than $10 retail!!! (Okay to be fair you have to buy these IN Japan to pay less than $10, I often forget how crazy the markup is on ebay!)

I started out with shades like #3 (a sweet cherry red with warm undertone) and #6 (medium rose beige). I have around NC20-25 neutral warm skintone so both of these worked AMAZING on me. I proceeded to pick up all the other colors after LOL. For those who have never used these before and wanna give it a try, I really highly recommend #6 for most skintones from light up to medium! For darker skintoned ladies, the new #9 is quite lovely as well!

What i really love about these is that they are pigmented, really hydrating, gives that plump juicy look without it being a gloss, super easy to apply without twenty passes to get the color, and lasts a surprising amount of time!

Apparently #7 isn't LE according to the website (although in Japan #7 was marked as LE and has already been removed from shelves as far as I can tell, I didn't see it when I was there a few weeks ago). Oh wait, maybe 4 is the LE...I don't see that on the site anymore.

In any case, really if you get a chance to try this, I highly recommend it. On an average day I have two different shades of this balm in my makeup purse (the other two lip colors are also Canmake lol, I seriously love this brand!)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

I picked this up in Jpn; you can purchase on ebay/online, but it will be 2x the price.

The formula is creamy, nonsticky, and a bit sheer, but still pigmented. It's great value if you buy in Japan; maybe 600/700 yen? This tube lasted me six months. The packaging is a bit longer for lip balms/lipsticks, but built very sturdy (you can throw in bag and not worry about it breaking, cracking, or the tube cover falling off).

I purchased shade #4, it's a dark pink similar to Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle.

Yet, if you're in the US, this is the same consistency as Revlon Lip Butters, so personally I don't think it would be worth $18 off ebay. Totally worth it to stock up if you're in Japan though!