April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by kivannah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before using this soap my skin was literally like an oil slick from the time I woke up until I went to bed. I've religiously been using this product since I was first introduced to it a few months ago, its the beeesst thing EVER! My skin is NOWHERE near as oily, I get less break outs, and my scars are fading. Although now thats its winter my skin gets a little dry every now and then (so maybe it wouldn't be ideal for dry skin) but Im fine with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for a ds face wash that did not contain acne-causing ingredients after looking up my usual face wash on cosdna and finding all sorts of red flags. Most of the liquid washes contain sodium laurel/th sulfates, which is what makes them foam or lather, but also can trigger breakouts. This bar had great reviews for sensitive, acne-prone skin and only one ingredient that registered a 2 (on a scale to 10) of acne-irritation so I went for it.

It is gentle enough that you can use it over your eyelids without majorly irritating your eyes, even with the anti-bac formula. I wouldn't recommend rubbing it into eyes, obviously, and using an eye makeup remover before or after, but it doesn't sting which is great.

It can be a little bit drying when you first start using it but it could be a lot worse in that respect. I used it for a week with no lotion at all when I was waiting for a new moisturizer to arrive and while my skin did start to feel pretty dry and tight after about five days, the tightness wasn't unbearable and flaking was minimal. I wash my face with it 2-3 times daily regularly and only put on moisturizer once (EltaMD intense moisturizer, if you're looking for a great one for acne-prone skin) and my skin is fine now as far as moisture goes. The antibacterial can make it somewhat drying for hands as well (since you're lathering the bar in your hands each time) and can cause nail polish to chip more quickly, just a heads up.

This has been great for me though as far as improving my skin. I've had no new blemishes since overhauling my skincare products three weeks ago, which is unheard of. My skin feels clean when I use it, my makeup comes off easily, and like I said, it has really improved my breakout situation.

The bar is about $5 or you can get a three-pack for a little less per. It should last you several months, depending on how you store it. My first bar has lasted me four months and is still going. If you leave it in a wet holder, it will melt down a lot more and faster. I keep it on a soap dish that I cover with foil and I change the foil once a week in an effort to avoid contamination.

Overall I definitely recommend this for those looking for a gentle, effective face cleanser for sensitive, acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Brandy26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG soap right here. I use it on my whole body and I've never experienced such an amazing feeling bar soap in my life! I was diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa, which if you don't know, is a terribly painful condition where you can develop random abscesses on your body. My problem area was my armpits, of all places. I searched high and low for a remedy and this soap helped me achieve remission. Beyond that, (which is really reason enough, for me) this soap has such a smooth, silky feel. It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh but not dried or scaly, which is an issue where I live with bar soap because of hard water. This soap is lovely. I even use it to shave, it's that silky!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by KarynR7

I have light acne, moderate when I'm on my period, and this product has done wonders for my skin! I've only been using this for a short time and my face looks clearer and old redmarks are fading! I typically move from product to product but I will rebuy this again. Though I still get acne on my periods, my skin is typically better looking. The bar can be drying but I include jojoba oil in my face routine to moisturize. The bar also melts fairly easily but it is worth dealing with, I just keep mine in a zip lock bag. For someone who's spent a wide range of money on many, many "miracle" products, I recommend this to everyone especially for how cheap it is at walmart. It is definitely worth a shot!
Face routine: Wash with Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar (With washcloth), tone with Dickinsons Witchhazel Toner(on a cotton ball/pad), moisturize with now jojoba oil (At night only).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love this product! antibacterial soap been great for my skin, never too oily or too dry!! worth the money ($8) from priceline.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Fancychic55055

I love this brand for my skin. It's so gentle yet cleansing. I appreciated the little bar in the plastic packaging not rustling around the box. It smells super clean & lathers very well for wherever you need to wash. I primarily use the bar soap for my face & hands at the sink & their body wash in shower!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Lolo031082

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap for my acne. It's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sareybeary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This bar soap changed my life! I was prone to body acne that was out of control. Other soaps just enraged the acne to the point it would bleed and destroy clothes. The Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar soap (in combination with some other treatments) have kept the acne flare-ups much less frequent and not as severe as they would have been. The price is quite expensive (around $3.50 per bar) but a necessary expense for people with severe acne! A bar typically lasts about 2 weeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never gave Cetaphil a chance as a teen. It was always on the bottom shelf at my Walgreens and I would, instead, check out what all the "cool" kids at my school used (you know the ones with perfect skin...found out later that all of them had normal skin types and never had acne no matter what they used or didn't use).

Then I entered my 20's and having never accomplished clear skin I was desperate. A friend recommended I try this simple cleansing bar. It has made all the different. Getting older hasn't changed my skin type or my tendency to break out but Cetaphil has helped me get it under control. I cleanse my face with this (using my Olay Pro-X brush) in the morning and at night and it has helped give me the best skin I've ever had. When I do break out, it is only 1 or 2 small spots now, instead of the cysts I used to have. I believe it has also lessened the appearance of my large pores too. Now I use several Cetaphil products and have nice and soft skin from head to toe. There is definitely a reason that certain products stand the test of time and this is one of them. Add in that it is extremely affordable and lasts forever and this has become a hands down winner for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Beauxsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This and my clarisonic has cleared my severe acne, just love it, and how inexpensive it is, would def recommend to anyone with acne.