Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

3.9

Active Ingredients: Triclosan Inactive Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May Contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate

on 7/5/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

No. Just no. I'm not really sure how using a bar of soap all over your face is supposed to be hygienic or help with breakouts in any way, but whatever. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this just left my face feeling not clean and greasy, and clogged my pores and caused me to breakout. I would NOT recommend this.

on 6/11/2015 9:41:00 AM

This soap is supposed to be non-comedogenic and is listed as an anti-bacterial bar. Do not let this fool you. After only one use, my forehead broke out all over.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I would recommend this to anyone and everyone who has skin similar to mine. I've searched for years for a product like this, with no luck. It was right there the whole time, haha. I trusted Cetaphil already, so I had no problem picking this up when it was recommended by my dermatologist for my sensitive, dry, and acne prone skin. While it is soap-free, my skin still feels clean and moisturised afterwards. I love the antibacterial aspect, and while some people are hating on the bar, I love it. I've never had that form before, I'm so used to the liquids, creams, and gels. The scent smells kinda like an old perfume, but it's not overpowering and doesn't stay on your skin. Maybe not the most convenient for travel unless you wanna pick up a travel soap dish, which is probably only a few dollars either way. This may not clear up your acne on its own, but it's great in combination (I use witch hazel, cerave pm moisturiser and adapalene cream) and definitely worth a try!

on 3/25/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I buy this product for my acne, this is the 7 day that i used this product and my skin is normal but i fell my skin better

on 3/15/2015 5:10:00 PM

After going through multiple face washes and soaps I've finally settled on this one. I have minor breakouts on my nose and chin every once in a while and this dramatically reduces them without ravaging my skin. It's very inexpensive and it last quite a while, too. My only complaint is that it comes in a bar rather than in a bottle, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

on 1/8/2015 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have a sensitive, dry and acne prone skin. I tried alot of products like physiogel, dove for sensitive skin, pimple soap, dr kaufmann, human nature hydrating cream, safeguard-acne prone but all of those just caused break out. At first I was a bit hesitant to try cetaphil but I took the risk and Im glad I did. Finally! It was a bit pricey but worth it. The next day aftr using it I already noticed that my face is not that red anymore and my pimple bumps got flat and dry :) It didnt also give me break outs and made my pores smaller. Excited for the coming days. Hoping to have a clear skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i have oily dehydrated acne-prone skin. i got this because of the "antibacterial" aspect. maybe for someone with normal non-acne prone skin this would be a good facewash but on me it was bad.....after one week of daily usage I broke out in small-medium size whiteheads ALL over. on top of the whiteheads, I also had major clogs. it was so bad. i finally got it cleared after switching products.

on 1/1/2015 1:58:00 AM

So first let me tell you about my skin because everyone is different. I have normal skin in the summer with the occasional breakout but VERY dry skin in the winter with again the occasional breakout. My skin at times can get very heated and red when especially in the fall and winter when my skin is so dry.

A couple years ago my sister (VERY OILY SKIN) was recommended this cleanser. Naturally i used it and WOW. My skin felt amazing after.

LETS GET DOWN TO IT: I don't like the packaging. I use my hands to wash my face and i don't like having to use a bar instead and the soap in a bottle. Other than that i love this. I use this in the shower every night and if i am feeling a little gross in the morning i will rinse with it. After i use it i apply some cetaphil lotion to my face.

I will continue to buy this because it really is good. I would recommend it to everyone looking for a face wash to treat any skin type.

on 11/11/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Do not buy this if you have cystic acne and combo skin - used this for maybe 2 days and broke out in over 20 + white heads and 3 sore cysts..terrible product. Clogged my pores like crazy!

I am now recovering with Neutrogen Oil-Free Acne Wash (Aloe & Cham.) plus a 10% bp gel

on 10/16/2014 4:34:00 PM

I bought this when I was having a mild rosacea flare up, found by searching for an anti-bacterial cleanser not specific to acne at the chemist. It has completely cleared up the redness and lumpiness, and my face is better than it has looked in years. I was surprised to read that another reviewer tried it for rosacea without success - but when my Rosacea is bad, I have used prescription medications. I hope that I won't need them in the future. My skin is dry-sensitive to combination. Some say it's expensive - and I guess for 'soap' it is. But it is more than comparable price-wise to other inexpensive face cleansers. I have taken to using a Swisse face oil at night wtih this, with no bad effect - I think this product does slightly dry the skin. My skin is also prone to flakiness, and using with face oil at night and Macro Vitamin E cream during the day has been excellent.