November 29, 2014 | 1200 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Sonic Eye Quad

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Kristi9630

Really pretty on my green eyes. It doesn't go on as glittery as it appears it would in the pan. The colors blend well and are very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

I would really like this quad *if* it didn't have any glitter in it. The colors are really unique and work well together, but the glitter in the two darker colors get everywhere. I ended up giving this away after only using it 3 times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by piasucks2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Most beautiful quad in the planet, all there is to it.

This is a quad of four very wearable greenish gold colors. These are well-pigmented, great color payoff, smooth, velvety, and super-blendable. They are like MAC Veluxe Pearl, Stila, or Urban Decay quality shadows - a dream to put on. These colours will work on ANY skin color (I'm Indian and these look fabulous on me, as well as my porcelain-skinned red-haired sister-in-law). The texture isn't the only perfect thing about this, the colours are just great. There is glitter, but not so it's disgusting or obnoxious, duochrome, but nothing ugly, metallic, but not to the point that it accentuates any fine lines, matte but not to the point where it awkward looking or hard to blend. They come in a convenient little palette that can definitely take a few hits. The shadows are little stripes, but don't think this is poor value - the color payoff is so good, you don't need too much product. $28 for four WEARABLE, beautiful colors is not bad at all! The compact is durable and has a nice mirror, and it comes with two brushes, a liner and a shadow. I'm ashamed to say I love the shadow sponge-tip brush and use it to apply the shadow.. Sorry, but true! This isn't like the MAC quads where two of the colors are hideous, or maybe all of them are good but are the wretched matte finish where you end up bruising your eye from packing on so many layers. You can, however, add more and more layers to add color depth

Tips to get the best color payoff and avoid glitter and shadow fallout:
Take a shadestick from MAC (green, gold, neutral, or SHARKSKIN, my favorite) and blend that over the lid before applying shadow. The shadestick will act as a color base (something UDPP isn't that great at doing) to provide more depth, and will help the shadows stick and have long wear.

Inside the quad, there are:
- A nice, deep blackened green-gold with gold sparkles (not overwhelming or spice girls esque, I swear)
- A strange, yet beautiful and wearable mustard matte.
- A GORGEOUS METALLIC GREEN-GOLD THAT IS BEAUTIFUL FOR EVERYONE IN THE WORLD.
- A beautiful white that flashes gold.

When I first looked at this palette, I loved the metallic green-gold, but never swiped the white so I didn't realize it was gold. I also thought that glitter in the dark color would be obnoxious (I HATE GLITTER) and the mustard matte was just weird. I never bought it until I swiped the colors on my hand - gorgeous, just pure gorgeous.

GET THIS KIT! Grab it in store or online at Sephora, and if you don't like it, you can return it! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by BeatriceKiddo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm liking it just enough to keep it. Now it's D/C and received this from a friend/swapper and it's OK. I like two colors enough to keep experimenting - but it might turn to love, we'll see.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2006 6:46:00 PM More reviews by janet55

I was shocked when the (really fabulous) make-up artist at Ulta put this on my 50+ eye. And more shocked when it looked pretty darn great! I'd never choose it myself: I am fair with blue eyes, but boy does it make my blue eyes pop!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Pinupstar

This is a beautiful quad. I love greens and browns so I was a fan from the first look. All the colors in the quad go on smoothly, they have good lasting power as well. the lightest color goes on well as a highlighter or a all over wash that you can use with other colors as well. This is a good value to for the amount of eyeshadow that there is. The little compact is cute and travels well..I have taken them in my checked luggage and purse and they just dont break. I would def. buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

These quads are great for a whole eye look in one compact. Four shades in one silver compact that retails for $28. Comes with a mirror and a little duoble ended sponge brush and mini liner brush. Sonic is a golden green quad. Comes with a shimmery white with golden undertones in BYTE. A shimmery golden light kahki in VOID, a matte musturd color-great for the lid in TRASH, and a dark blackened golden khaki for the crease or liner in GALAXY. The colors are beautiful khaki tones. I had no problem with glitter fallout with the Galaxy. Most of the colors are nicely pigmented, but not too dark. Overall, a great nuetral eye quad with a bit of a twist.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Iíve always avoided Hard Candy eyeshadows because Iíve been told they are chalkier than most high end eyeshadows. But this one was such a great deal per one of my favorite swappers, that I just couldnít pass it up. Itís supposed to be shades of gold, but itís more like a greenish-gold theme. Thereís a lovely medium-golden green color with sparkles and a blackened greenish gold one with micro-glitter. My favorite color is the goldish white highlighter color. The pigmentation is gorgeous it makes for a fantastic shimmery highlight. I donít know quite what to do with the matte greenish khaki shade, other than using it to blend the medium and dark sparkly shades. The glitter may seem to be overbearing, but I donít it irritating. I even wear this quad to my business formal dress code job and Iíve received a few compliments. The color payoff is indeed not as great as MAC or Stila eyeshadows, but the combinations of this quad over MAC Chartu Paint is phenomenal! Try if you can! I probably wonít re-buy at retail once I run out, but I surprisingly find myself reaching for this quad quite often.
EDIT: Swapped this away! Took off a lippie. The dark green shade just didn't have the depth and color payoff I wanted. And the glitter DID get annoying after awhile. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2003 11:23:00 PM More reviews by fletch50

This quad is so pretty! There is a black based gold, a matte gold, a sparkly gold and white that flashes gold. They look so gorgeous on and blend together very well. I received many compliments on this eyeshadow! I was a bit worried the golds would be too warm toned to suit me, but they looked really awesome on (I'm a PPP w/ green eyes and medium brown hair). I highly recommend that everyone check out this quad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2003 4:55:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These colors are so gorgeous! It comes with a shimmery white that flashes gold (great as a highlighter), a shimmery true gold with gold glitter (lovely in the crease), a matte musturd color (great as a wash from lashline to crease), and a dark brown with gold glitter to use as a liner. This quad is great for a going out type of look, not for work or anything. I was surprised by how nice these colors blend and that the glitter didn't go everywhere. I gave it a four because I can't see myself using it everyday, but it's a lot different from all my other eyeshadows.