September 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - Youth Code Pore Vanisher

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by sharonlouise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've lived long enough (and spent enough $$ on beauty products) to know that after a certain age, short of surgery, no topical cosmetic is going to live up to its hype. That said, I do like this stuff. I've had "moon crater" pores on my nose since I was a teenager & this does blur the pore size & keeps the oil at bay most of the day. I like it better than most primers I've used because it doesn't feel as slimy. Been using several months (yep, I bought it again) & I don't think it's really reduced the size of my pores. Too expensive for a drugstore brand, so I stock up on eBay for around $12.00 a pop. Will buy at that price, but not at $19.99 - $24.99.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Annabanana030

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Use this at night, will help your pore SLOWLY. Although it can reduce pores but IT WILL LOCK THE DIRT INSIDE THE PORES. So u have whiteheads..... Not really practical.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got a sample of this... while I'm not sure it helped keep my makeup stay put longer or reduce shine, it did really seem to blur pores and lines and, somehow, seemed to work well with just a light finish of powder (for a weekend look--not for an office with harsh fluorescent lighting). I don't love it or hate it, and wish MUA had a "Not Sure" button in response to the question, "If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again".

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by tracygraham

I am on my second purchase of the pore vanisher, serum and moisturizer. When I first started using them I did see a gradual difference in my pores, which is why I bought a second round..I assumed the longer I used it the more effective it would be. Lo and behold I am almost out of my second purchase and I will not be repurchasing. There was no improvement beyond the initial change, which was at best minimal. And at those prices (for drugstore products no less) I think I'll start looking for something new!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a decent sample of this product. I really didn't like it at all, but I also didn't like benefit's pore product either. Left my skin feeling greasy and shiny. It clogged my pores and I I just felt it made everything feel heavy on my skin.
I was happy to try it it and am happy to know not to buy it now. Might be great for someone with drier skin.my skin is super oily

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by xojmfxo

I really want to like this product... But I'm kind of iffy on it.

Like all it's other products in it's Youth Code pink bottle line, it has that slight smell to it. It smells nice, and I don't really mind. I've tried the Texture Perfector, and the Moisturizer and I stopped using them. I really was excited to try this because everyone raves about it being a dupe for the Benefit's Porefessional.

It's nothing like Benefit's though. Porefessional is more dry and waxy. This one is so much easier to blend, it's velvety and creamy, although I feel the key ingredient that helps makes pores smaller overtime, is what ruins it for me. It may be too harsh for my really sensitive skin, because I apply it as a makeup primer, and when I go out into the sunshine, where ever I applied the product, my face begins to turn red and flaky :(

Currently use just at night, and use Benefit's Porefessional as my makeup base.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by londonn21

I was excited to try this because I have slightly larger pores. I've been using this for almost a month and I'm not seeing a difference. I put it on before my makeup in the morning and after I wash my face at night. It's slightly thicker than a moisturiser but thinner than mostly primers. I like the consistency and it's fragrance free. I really wanted to like this and I might buy it when the tube I have runs out just to see if it needs more time to shrink my pores because my skin varies from day to day. Over all I give it a 6/10.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I like this much better than the Benefit one, but it isn't perfect. It does not make my pores vanish and just makes them slightly less noticeable. I would not buy this in a whole bottle because I think it's very expensive for L'Oreal and doesn't do much. If this was cheaper I would think about it.

I found this didn't do much more than NYX and NYX is a lot cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this the same day I bought the NYX Photo-Loving Primer.

I found a sample size (.5oz) for $6USD. So technically you could buy 3 for $18 which means you save $2 and get an extra .1oz (for those who care).

I applied this on half my face and the NYX Photo-Loving Primer on the other side. And guess what? I could barely tell a difference. In fact I think the NYX primer slightly out performed it. But read my NYX review for that. This is about the Pore Vanisher. The Pore Vanisher didn't completely hide my pores. I get pretty oily during the day and that was showing through a few hours later. Plus that side didn't look as bright and flawless. It seemed almost ashy and cakey. I'll finish it up but I think I'll stick with NYX.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this product.

First off, this product is VERY comparable to the Porefessional by Benefit. I have used both, and the ONLY difference that I can tell between the two products is: the scent. Benefit has more of a fresh scent, while the pore vanisher has a perfume scent. Scents don't bother me at all though.

The porefessional is 0.75 oz at $31.00, while the pore vanisher is 1.4 fl oz at around $24.00 (give or take, you can usually find it on sale in drug stores for around $19.99 and there is almost always coupons for L'Oreal products). But, for about $7+ cheaper, the pore vanisher is such an excellent product, and so comparable to the porefessional that it really is worth the price (even for a drug store primer).

I have tried NUMEROUS primers from low end to high end, and everything in between. I recently tried the Maybelline Baby Skin which did absolutely NOTHING for me as a primer, nor a pore minimizer. It actually made my skin feel more oily, and allowed my makeup to slip right off of my face within the first couple hours. ANYWAY. The pore vanisher does wonders. I don't so much need a pore vanisher, as I don't have large pores to begin with, but it does blur the pores a bit; and works as an AMAZING primer. Just a little background on what I use: I do a full face most days, and use the Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 foundation (and even though this has a primer built into the foundation, I still always wear a primer with it, as I find that the primer in the foundation does not hold up that well). With that being said, I can wear my makeup up to 12 hours and need little to no touchups throughout the day. I usually don't keep my makeup on past 12 hours, so I wouldn't know how well it stands after that. When I used the Maybelline Baby Skin with this foundation, my makeup was looking rather patchy within a couple hours, so I know this pore vanisher is doing its job on my face. This product feels so nice on my skin, it does not have a real silicone feel to it, not runny, not thick, just the perfect consistency. It does not come out clear, it has a light tint to it, but blends nicely into the skin.

Overall, I think the line of L'Oreal primers that have come out this year (Revitalift Miracle Blur & Revitalift Miracle Blur Oil Free) and now the pore vanisher, are amazing products all with similar results. They are a bit pricey for drug store primers, but work just as a higher end primer would, and more bang for your buck.

PS: Redplum Savings inserts usually come in the mail once a week, and the inserts almost ALWAYS have L'Oreal coupons in them :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No