July 29, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lip Gloss - Armour Beauty Lip Gloss - 'Diana' #14

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by FNP

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best nude lipgloss on my stash. Very pigmented and long lasting. Warning: if you are not a fan of thick, sticky lipgloss...then this LG may not be for you. I personally like thicker Lipglosses that do not shift on my lips throughout the day. It is not a lip plumper- so there is no tingly, minty feeling on the lips. Has a slight vanilla taste to it. I could literally wear this alone at work and feel like I'm wearing a full coverage lip product. A bit on the expensive side at $21/ea. And since I am a lippie junkie - that is a bit of a bite to the wallet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful nude cream lipgloss! It's expensive ($22 for 6.5 ml, or 0.21 oz) so if you already have a bunch of nudes that you like which cost less, there's no need to hunt this one down (I've never seen this brand before & don't find much evidence of it online - I only saw this at Ricky's store but it's not carried at all the Ricky's locations).

What I specifically like about this gloss is the heavyduty stickiness factor - VERY sticky & very moisturizing... even after the gloss has worn away eventually, a slight sticky dewiness remains to keep my lips protected from harsh winter elements, which I appreciate & look for in a gloss b/c I get really sick of reapplying lipbalm 20X a day. I like to put it on once or twice & be set for the day. (I feel the same way about hand cream - hate reapplying constantly when I think it should last at least half a day.)

'Diana' in the tube is a medium pinky nude, applies semi-sheer & super-shiny, a lovely MLBB color with no shimmer that looks natural. My favorite parts: no overbearing odor & no minty freeze or burning sensation. Physician's Formula Plump Potion is the same type of sticky, moisturizing lipgloss like this, but it has an initial stinging sensation that I have to brace myself for & am not in the mood to put up w/that in winter. Armour's mild formula makes things easy. Maybelline's new Color Elixir gloss is also great - thick, long-wearing & moisturizing - good on the sticky side but easily removable w/o leaving any sticky residue behind, so it will wear off with eating & drinking sooner than Armour & Physicians Formula would.

The other colors in the Armour line have intense color payoff (for ppl who prefer color), many of the colors are nice & wearable as well as bold, & some versions have shimmer, sparkle, or a bit of frost, depending on the color. Several colors are creams, like 'Diana' is.

If you like super-sticky color that's easy to wear without any harshness to the lips, you'll like this. But not worth wasting money on it if you already have other alternatives that you love. It's not a must-have, just a nice luxury item. It could stand to cost less, but I found it worthwhile to splurge on this nude for its characteristics that I haven't found in other products.

Packaging - Clear squared tube with traditional sponge-tip doe foot wand applicator. The amount of product that comes out on the tip is the right amount for my lips without having to double dip to apply more, & my lips look dripping wet glossy but the shine stays where it's put.

I would rebuy this again if I ever run out (if the product is still available by then).