Sephora Matte Lipstick

3.5

on 4/11/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

One thing I've learned is that when Sephora says matte, they really mean it. Point in case is their cream lip stain. This has a very nice scent to it, a kind of raspberry that is not too sickening for my liking. It is very highly pigmented such that you don't even have press the lipstick down on your lips to get the colour on. The staying power is phenomenal, and does minimal transfer. I am giving this a 3 because it can be quite drying, unlike its cream lip stain. Applying a lip balm under, however, would also ruin the matte effect.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I picked up an orange color because i REALLY wanted an orange lip color. It looks like a bright reddish orange on the tube and even on but after an hour the color doesnt look orange but rather a very bright red. I still like it but not quite orange unless if i apply balm, the lipstick, then orange powder.
When you first apply it is really soft and creamy and in a few second it becomes matte which i really love!
I prefer to apply this in layers instead of a whole lot on once. So i pat it on and continue to build.
It stay put for the most part.
Id repurchase this even though it is a little pricey.

on 5/23/2009 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This are by far my favorite lipsticks. I have only 2 at the moment but I grab them continuously. They are so creamy for being a long lasting matte l/s and the staying power is quite impressive. I also like they way they smell, nothing over bearing by any means. Frag is l/s is a huge turnoff for me. These are definitely underrated l/s in my opinion!

on 1/5/2009 9:26:00 AM

LOVE THIS! Sephora Longwear Mat 05 (matte pink brown)- Beautiful natural lipsticks- last a long time on me-especailly if you line your lips w/ lip pencil- looks really good w/ MAC Spice pencil-

$12 at Sephora

on 8/19/2007 3:00:00 AM

I tried this stuff in store and walked around the mall with it, and while I kind of want to give it a 2, I have to admit that the color was very pretty and it really wasn't that bad. The main problem I had with it was that it lasted all of two seconds. Okay, I exaggerate a little, but it certainly had very, very little staying power; it stuck with me about an hour before I couldn't see any hint of pigment. However, Sephora has a huge range of colors for pretty cheap, and maybe with a lip primer you'll have better luck than I did! In its defense, I'm not very gloss/lipstick conscious, and don't make much of an effort to keep it in place. So, for its price it's what I expected, although I can't help but be a bit disappointed.

on 3/7/2003 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Slid into my creases! Will not repurchase.

on 2/6/2003 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a good bang for the buck. I bought an outrageous hot pink to wear when I sing on stage and it was a much better product than I expected. The scent was a very nice sort of berry. It went on well, felt pleasant, and stayed on very well while not drying my lips out.

on 11/18/2002 3:31:00 PM

I used to work at a Sephora, and while the color selection is fantastic, I have to say that these lipsticks are no better than L'Oreal and cost more.

on 4/27/2002 12:35:00 PM

I love this lipstick! The color selection is huge! The best I have ever seen! The lipstick goes on smooth, stays on and feels creamy. I will be buying more!

on 12/19/2001 1:11:00 AM

Range of color is great but I do not like these. My mom does. I will not repurchase.