April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ProstheticAesthetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like the other negative comment, I can't believe the rave reviews on this. I would normally think it's my own fault for using a shampoo not tailored to my hair type (my hair is already thick), but it had the same effect on my sisters fine thin hair. Usually my hair is very dry but this made my hair feel 'waxy' and coated in a horrible residue. It also made it look brittle too, despite it making my hair feel so oily. It's very weird and not a nice result at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE this range. I am shocked to be honest. I never ever thought such a cheap DS range could give such incredible results. But it does! My hair feels much thicker and continues to get thicker with each wash. It also doesnt weigh my fine hair down like many other brands and does not make my roots oily. So many other volumising shampoos dry your hair out and over time it becomes really brittle but this doesnt- it just leaves hair thicker, bouncy and smooth. I use the entire range and am very impressed by this. I am a real high end snob when it comes to hair products and I am honestly amazed that I can get such brilliant results at such a low price. This is on its way to becoming my HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

I just bought this product today and tried it for the first time now this evening. I am in shock - for the first time I am trying a shampoo and conditioner that does what it actually claims to do! My hair feels A LOT thicker after just one use, and another bonus is that it only takes me half the time it normally takes to get dry! Wow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Yes, it definitely thickens the hair. I'm impressed by the amount of body it gave my very fine but well-conditioned hair. However. it has a drying effect - like every other volumizing shampoo I've ever used, except it also gives my hair flyaways. Plus when I use it more than 2 days in a row it leaves it coated, which annoys me as the directions state to use it regularly to increase the thickening effect. Because I'm very happy with my regular conditioner, I did not use the matching conditioner. UPDATE: I'm upping my rating from 3 to 4 lippies as I've found it really helps to mix it with another shampoo (in my case, Dead Sea Magik). Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by gina626

LOVE this shampoo! I have a lot of hair but it's very fine - this shampoo helps plump up my hair and give it thickeness and volume!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lulu2222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The name of this shampoo is L'Oreal Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo (Filloxane) and it is packaged in a black container with purple trim. The 12.6 ounce container has the following on it - Feels like 2X more hair. It also says - Fine, Thin Hair. I have used the shampoo, conditioner (same 12.6 ounce packaging) and once-a-week concentrate (mix with conditioner). The first time was with the concentrate and the second time three days later with just the shampoo and conditioner. My fine hair does feel thicker and it looks great. I am very happy with this new L'Oreal line.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by amatbm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!! Finally!!! I have really fine hair and this line gives me volume!!!! My hair is always flat with any kind of shampoo! Love this! Thank you loreal!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by katiegrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe the other review for this shampoo!. I think this is awful!. My hair was tangled before drying and it now feels coated in a highly perfumed powder which is tranferring to my hands when i touch my hair!.

I honestly feel like washing it again I feel quite yucky. If you have tried triple resist this is almost exactly the same I feel quite duped!. The shampoo is jelly like when you wash your hair and I just didn't like the general way it made my hair feel whilst washing and I knew what the results would be before drying as triple resist was exactly the same.

My hair also looks darker and kind of coated in some way. What is this awful really strong perfume they have started putting in the new formulas it is way too overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I could begin to both see and feel the improvement to my hair the first week after starting to use the products; my coarse hair has become fuller, smother, less tangle prone, and there is less breakage. It has more life and bounce, and even seems a bit easier to style too.

My hair feels clean and refreshed after washing and this feeling lasts for a good few days, which is the biggest plus point for me. I haven't noticed any product build-up, and my hair hasn't become greasier any faster than it normally does either.

I do recommend the Fibrology shampoo and conditioner, as the selling point really does work. I do recommend using both the shampoo and conditioner together though, as using them separately lessens the positive results.

If you have normal to coarse hair already I don't think there would be any need to buy any of the other products in the Fibrology range.