L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Hexylene Glycol, Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane, Parfum/ Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Polyquaternium- 30, Carbomer, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide. F.I.L. D163685/2 Pat Pending

on 4/15/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this on sale at Priceline and bought it because I was going away for the weekend and needed a new shampoo/conditioner. It smells great, softened my hair and made my hair feel and appear thicker!!
I noticed that my hair was thicker when i was blowdrying my hair.
A friend who also used it that weekend said she enjoyed it too!

on 3/21/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Cleans the hair in a gentle way. It does not provide volume, however, just like the conditioner it only thickens the strand. Tried the shampoo and conditioner for a couple months.

on 2/11/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This shampoo gets points for actually thickening, but that's about it. Another reviewer mentioned this, and I completely agree - this shampoo creates thickness, but only at the bottom of your hair.

The scent is pleasant and sweet, but doesn't linger. It lathers up a lot, but doesn't actually make hair feel particularly light or clean. You can definitely use a root spray to pump it up on the top, but on your second or third day, it may return to that asymmetrical volume look. It leaves a kind of texturized volume, which could look really nice if you have lots of layers, but maybe not so much for thinner hair.

It doesn't leave hair frizzy, sticky or overly dry which is a plus. But, I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 1/1/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This shampoo was ok. I feel like it did thicken my hair over time of me using, but it left my hair incredibly dry and it was hard to try to make it soft after. Not sure if I'd purchase the shampoo again. I used it with the conditioner and the thickening serum. Not the biggest fan of this shampoo and I really did not like the range.
Subscribe to my youtube channel: chloeluckinphotos

on 12/30/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I did not notice the shampoo giving my hair any thickening results at all. The postives were that you got a lot of shampoo in the bottle, that it wasn't to drying and therefore did not make the hair too dull as some shampoos do. In my experience it does NOT provide the thickening effect it claims to.

on 12/30/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product as it smells nice and leaves my hair soft but it does not make my hair any thicker or more volumised at all:/

on 9/27/2014 5:57:00 AM

I'm using the shampoo conditioner and serum and am intending to continue for the foreseeable future. It might make my hair thicker but not so much that it makes much difference. What I like about it is it settles my flyaway fine hair down without making it greasy or need washing more often. If anything it stays clean and shiny longer. Recommend.

on 9/26/2014 7:43:00 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem with the entire Elvive range, but whatever shampoo I try leaves my hair greasy and coated in some oily film. I'm surprised that this one did the same, with the aim surely being to lift/thicken the hair so it looks as joyously volumous as on the women shown in the advert. But yet again I am extremely disappointed with this product - I kid you not - my hair looks like I've taken a dip in the fryer and in need of another wash after just twelve hours. TWELVE! I mean come on! I've been using it for less than a week and the sudden extreme greasiness of my hair is already so shocking that I'm not using it anymore.

Thumbs down, don't believe the hype.

on 9/24/2014 3:18:00 PM

At first this made my hair so unbelievably voluminous and soft, I was sold on the whole concept and vowed never to use another shampoo/conditioner again! However although it has a cumulative effect, it has seemed to stop working quite so effectively - I am now on my 3rd bottle of each. I will continue to buy it because as others have said, it does smell amazing, and I do notice a difference when I haven't blow-dried my hair - I might just switch to another sp/cd combo for a while and come back to this one to check if it starts working again!

on 9/22/2014 5:26:00 AM

This product has had so many great reviews but omg seriously DO NOT buy it!!!!! It turns your hair into horse hair, damaged and 50% breakage occurs. It completely left my hair oily and disgusting on top and a knotty messy on underneath and completely destroyed my ends.

I went to the hair dresser today to dye my hair and she said she had never seen my hair in this condition before. I was absolutely disappointed and ashamed because my hair is very important to me. Luckily for me my hair dresser was able to dye it :) But never the less, I strongly suggest you don't buy this product you really get what you pay for. Extremely disappointed!!!!!! And now I have to spend more money on treatments and high quality repair shampoos to get my hair back to a good state. Now for the next two weeks while my hair repairs itself, my new nickname will become horse hair not even kidding, girls... Save Yourself From The Embarrassment!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review: Loreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Collection | Chloe Luckin by Chloe Luckin