August 27, 2014 | 1990 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by TakiH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this product as my hair is rather fine and this was in a decent price range, so thought ok, lets do this.
Cons:
I can't say it really thickened my hair much but it definitely did add volume to the bottom half of my hair (I have long hair), which wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
My hair felt a bit heavier than usual and not as clean as it should've after a wash.
I also noticed that it looked a bit damaged after my first wash.
Pros:
This shampoo and conditioner smells absolutely amazing and the scent that stayed on my hair was extremely pleasant, not too sweet and not overpowering, yet noticeable.
I had far less hair fallout from my wash than I do with other shampoos and conditioners.
My hair also looked much shinier than with other products after a wash and blow.

All in all it is not a bad product but I would probably try something else after this as I feel that there are better products catering to this specifics of hair thickening.
The only reason I would return to this product is for the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Serena98

I got the matching shampoo & conditioner for 1.99 each and absolutely love the smell. it makes my hair look good and feel clean. I don't notice any thickening effect but it is quite volumizing but I have fairly thick hair as it is so it didn't bother me. Only downside to this is it made my hair fall out! Usually I squeeze excess water out of my hair before I put conditioner in and a few strands come out but I found that when I use this a LOT of my hair comes out. If you don't like this shampoo but you're still looking for a thickening shampoo I would recommend Head & Shoulders thick & strong

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by AmyScarlettxo

Nice shampoo and smells good but doesn't seem to thicken my fine hair

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really fine, thin & dull hair. I first bought the fibrology serum to give it a test, within 3 days I noticed my hair was already thicker and healthier! today I purchased the shampoo and conditioner, so I am excited to see the results from using all 3. so far from what I can tell, this is a fantastic line of products, highly recommended and it actually works!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Rosiemuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This Shampoo made my hair greasy at the roots and left a film on my hair. My hair felt heavy and weighed down.

never using this one again

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It does what it says on the bottle really. I went to buy it at the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised by the low price as I am used to buying Lee Stafford products twice the price. I have only used this twice but after my first wash I noticed a difference.
I used the shampoo alone on my dead damaged hair and the first thing I've noticed is how much smoother and shiny it is. Second thing I noticed is that my hair certainly had more 'bounce' and 'umpfh' to it.
During use I noticed that it has a lovely smell and I only needed a small amount to lather into all of my hair (medium length).
Because my hair isn't thin to begin with It's hard to notice a difference in the thickness yet, but the volume and shine is great for the price.

****Updated*****

After using for a while now I've discovered this is bad for your scalp it makes it really dry! My hair doesn't feel thicker it feels thinner actually. Can't wait till it's gone so I can try another shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lilacleopard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't believe the hype!

I went to Boots to buy this shampoo after seeing the ads on telly showing women crowing over their thick luscious locks and found that they had sold out so it must be good and I was even more determined to try it. Managed to get some from Superdrug and couldn't wait to try it. To cut a long story short after three days of using the shampoo it left my hair feeling heavy, dank and dry, it had even lost it's shine and my scalp felt itchy. I couldn't wait to use my shampoo that costs a third of the price and wash out whatever had accumulated on my hair.

Don't waste your money it's awful!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I hate the entire set of Loreal Elvive.
I have been using numerous shampoos, with the one above as well, and
they are incredibly drying on my hair.
After couple of washes, together with using conditioner from the same brand,
I was feeling like my hair converted into hay!!
And on top of that my scalp became very oily.
I use Loreal face creams, and they are quite good quality, but I would never recommend their shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by aisbash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. I'm going to rave about it. Be warned.

First, as a shampoo, which should CLEAN your hair (and I've had problems with products like this in the past) it works just fine, which is about as high a compliment you can give for something doing what it should. I wash my hair every two days, sometimes with a little supplement of dry shampoo, but I haven't needed to whip out the Batiste since I started using this.

Second, as a thickener - I'm not sure how well this would work without the booster and/or conditioner. I think it probably gives a good base for the other products but you definitely need to buy them as a set so I'll be doing this review for all three together. I use the shampoo and conditioner every other day and the booster once a week.

Third, the smell is absolutely fan-frigging-tastic. There have been some complaints about the smell but I like when shampoos are scented and you can catch a whiff during the day - just personal taste I suppose.

I've been using this for about a month now and I can definitely see the difference. My hair is naturally straight, flat and fine. With this it has new volume and bounce and I can even leave it to dry naturally and it looks great - no more pulling my hair in awkward directions and blasting with a hairdryer to encourage it to practically stand on end. I recently went for a hair cut and the hairdresser actually complimented me on the thickness of my hair - I can now be classified as medium instead of fine so the science behind this definitely works! The price is a joy, especially with Boots constantly offering deals on L'Oreal hair products. I haven't tried the mask because I honestly think that would bog down my short hair, but it would probably work quite well on longer hair which needs more conditioner.

My verdict: buy it now, NO EXCUSES ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by PerfectPicture

I have just finished my first bottles of the L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner (this is the shampoo review).
I have very fine, thin blonde hair with no volume which won't hold curls etc. My hair is so naturally straight people believe I straighten my hair religiously every morning, I don't!
I have always been wary of using volume products as in the past I have felt they leave a residue or film on my hair and make it look greasy which I hate. I don't know what made me buy these when I saw them as usually I do no buy volume products. I purchased both at a super great deal and began using them immediately about six weeks ago.
The shampoo lathers really nicely and it smells amazing. I really liked the smell! My hair was easy to comb afterwards and upon drying it I could see a massive difference already! My hair seemed to have more bounce and more body, it felt clean and very natural. I wash my hair every day and after each use the body and volume continued to be there throughout the day. There is volume but not in a knotty, tangled, flyaway way if that makes sense. I am delighted and for those not wanting to go to my review on the conditioner, it is fantastic too and doesn't weight the hair down like some can do.

For those using it on already thick hair I can see why you have a problem, thin hair and thick hair is very different, the strands are very different. This shampoo and conditioner thickens the fibres in thin hair and 'pads' them out. With thick strands there is no need and so the shampoo and conditioner will just sit on top and not be able to do their job as there are no spaces for them to get into to 'thicken'. Be sensible people, ensure the product is right before buying it. They are produced for a reason, for specific issues.

Highly recommend and packaging is great as usual.