L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo

3.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Hexylene Glycol, Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane, Parfum/ Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Polyquaternium- 30, Carbomer, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide. F.I.L. D163685/2 Pat Pending

Just had this done at my Salon due to my hair being thin and frizzy. Well, while there my hair started to fall out. Nice health hair falling out in clumps. I freaked and was told that was common. What?!! Next day... just keeps coming out. Not pulled out...long healthy hair. Put it all on the bathroom counter...I've never had this EVER happen. Good years plus shedding! NEVER AGAIN!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have thinning hair following Cancer, I bought all the products in the range because of the hype. I have to say after six months use, my hair is always greasy after two days and there is no thickness whatsoever, I have to use mousses and styling products to get any sort of volume in my hair. so far as I'm concerned it does nto do what it says it will it is a waste of money. I certainly will not buy this again!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My hair had always been full and thick. In recent years it had become thin and lank and no product or vitamins I took helped get it back to its old self. I've been using fibrology shampoo and conditioner for about 3.5 months, and am happy to report its back to its fullness! It actually made it much thicker. It doesn't add shine, but overall my hair feels much healthier. People have noticed the difference and commented on it. I would definitely recommend this product.

Overall very average shampoo. I might have the thickening effect, yet alongside with it your hair gets heavy. It lacks smoothness and gloss. After using the shampoo my hair looked as if it was dried in the sun after a swim in the sea.

(Same review as for the conditioner)
For my hair, this was basically dreadful! When I was younger, I used to have really thick hair. I have quite a bit of fall out on a regular day, but it was still quite thick. I was using these products to try to build it up again.
They made my hair fall out so bad!! With every other shampoo/conditioner I've tried I just lose a couple of hairs in the process, but with these (especially the conditioner) masses of hairs would come away on my hand as I applied the product. Worst part, I kept using them because I assumed they were just getting rid of the broken hairs and strengthening/thickening the remaining ones - but my hairs feel exactly the same as before!
I've given 2 stars instead of 1 because they did make my hair nice and shiny, but definitely did not live up to their claims and I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the entire Elvive Fibrology Thickening line: shampoo, conditioner, masque, serum with the exception of the leave in treatment, which my store didn't have at the time I made my purchases. I've now finished the shampoo and conditioner after using it for the past few weeks, 5/7 days and the masque and serum weekly. Did using this line make my hair any thicker? No, it didn't. My hair didn't feel or look any thicker. The only thing it did do however, was make my hair silkier and appear healthier. Some reviewers on this site mentioned how using these products have caused problems with their scalp - which is unfortunate - but I didn't experience this. I would repurchase this product not for its self-proclaimed "thickening" abilities because I didn't experience this, but for making my hair feel silky and look healthier. And also if it was on sale.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this stuff is just horrible. I've used the shampoo and the conditioner. I was very confused reading the reviews for these products because allot of people say that it dries their hair out really badly. It actually dose the opposite for me. Like literally the day after using it my hair feels disgusting, greasy and I feel like I need to wash my hair again. I've used it 3 or 4 times and it gets more and more greasy each time. It's so bad that when I run my hand through my hair a few times I can FEEL this greasy stuff coating my hands! The other problem I have with this is that it gives me dandruff, SO much dandruff! I don't even usually have problems with dandruff! But I do now! Thanks Elvive! Because of the dandruff my scalp is also INCREDIBLY ITCHY. Basically, if I wanted to feel like I hadn't washed my hair in two months, this is the product I would use! Honestly, this is the most horrible shampoo and conditioner I've ever used. I bet if I throw it in the fire, evil spirits will come out of it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was disappointed by this - I don't think it's a bad shampoo, it's just bad for my hair type.

I have very fine hair (in need of volume hence why i bought this) but it is also coloured and damaged.
This shampoo left my bleached ends very dry and crusty. It DOES give volume but I think you have to choose with a shampoo between a moisturising/repairing or a volumising one.

For me this wasn't worth the body it gave and I will continue to use my Kerastase repair or colour protect shampoos. I prefer to get my volume from styling sprays and mousses.

BUT I would recommend this if unlike me you are lucky and your hair is already in decent condition and just needs some body.

I do not understand why no one has mentioned anything about this shampoo giving them a dry scalp and dandruff? Because that's what it has done to my hair. It's made my scalp so horrible, itchy and dry. Definitely not worth the "thickness" ...I have thick hair anyways so I really do regret using this product in the first place. I've never suffered from dandruff ever, I'm left feeling so confused.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first I didn't think much of this shampoo and just thought it's another shampoo claiming to make fine hair thicker. But, after using daily with the matching conditioner for about a month, I really started to notice a difference as my hair certainly feels thicker and has more body! It's the first thickening shampoo to actually make a difference so I'm definitely going to continue purchasing!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review: Loreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Collection | Chloe Luckin by Chloe Luckin