L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Hexylene Glycol, Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane, Parfum/ Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Polyquaternium- 30, Carbomer, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide. F.I.L. D163685/2 Pat Pending

on 8/25/2015 8:54:00 PM

I do not understand why no one has mentioned anything about this shampoo giving them a dry scalp and dandruff? Because that's what it has done to my hair. It's made my scalp so horrible, itchy and dry. Definitely not worth the "thickness" ...I have thick hair anyways so I really do regret using this product in the first place. I've never suffered from dandruff ever, I'm left feeling so confused.

on 7/31/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first I didn't think much of this shampoo and just thought it's another shampoo claiming to make fine hair thicker. But, after using daily with the matching conditioner for about a month, I really started to notice a difference as my hair certainly feels thicker and has more body! It's the first thickening shampoo to actually make a difference so I'm definitely going to continue purchasing!

on 7/31/2015 2:46:00 AM

Smells nice, lathers well, leaves hair squeaky clean and it does deliver volume (not sure about thickness). After using this I notice my ends look much fuller. One thing that has impressed me is that this shampoo doesn't make my hair any frizzier than usual (I have very frizzy hair), as opposed to some volumizing shampoos.
However, I can see how this shampoo could be drying over time so I would probably not use it as my regular shampoo but as an intervention for those days when I want extra volume and body on my hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This makes my hair so soft and shiny. I have been using it for months now and every single day is a good hair day. It gives my hair soo much volume without the use of silicone. Like my hair is just full of body and bounce. Amazing shampoo

on 6/7/2015 8:03:00 PM

I have used this shampoo only 2 times as of now so this is only my first impression. I was looking for something to thicken my hair a little and give it more volume. The smell is great and it lathers well. I have noticed that my hair does seem thicker and has more volume to it. It also feels clean after washing. The only downside is that I feel like my hair has been kind of dry ever since I staring using it. 3,5/5.

on 4/27/2015 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have super thing strands, but a lot of it. I was looking for something to thicken my ends.
And thats exactly what it did. But by the end of the bottles, my hair was so dry and damaged. It didnt provide enough nourishment for my dry hair... I used in conjunction with their Argan oil nourishing duo, and still wasnt enough.

on 4/15/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this on sale at Priceline and bought it because I was going away for the weekend and needed a new shampoo/conditioner. It smells great, softened my hair and made my hair feel and appear thicker!!
I noticed that my hair was thicker when i was blowdrying my hair.
A friend who also used it that weekend said she enjoyed it too!

on 3/21/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Cleans the hair in a gentle way. It does not provide volume, however, just like the conditioner it only thickens the strand. Tried the shampoo and conditioner for a couple months.

on 2/11/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This shampoo gets points for actually thickening, but that's about it. Another reviewer mentioned this, and I completely agree - this shampoo creates thickness, but only at the bottom of your hair.

The scent is pleasant and sweet, but doesn't linger. It lathers up a lot, but doesn't actually make hair feel particularly light or clean. You can definitely use a root spray to pump it up on the top, but on your second or third day, it may return to that asymmetrical volume look. It leaves a kind of texturized volume, which could look really nice if you have lots of layers, but maybe not so much for thinner hair.

It doesn't leave hair frizzy, sticky or overly dry which is a plus. But, I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 1/1/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This shampoo was ok. I feel like it did thicken my hair over time of me using, but it left my hair incredibly dry and it was hard to try to make it soft after. Not sure if I'd purchase the shampoo again. I used it with the conditioner and the thickening serum. Not the biggest fan of this shampoo and I really did not like the range.
Subscribe to my youtube channel: chloeluckinphotos

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review: Loreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Collection | Chloe Luckin by Chloe Luckin