September 30, 2014 | 1485 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Longwear creme eye pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being a Laura Mercier fan, and having need for a good eye pencil again; I went down to see the new Longwear Creme Eye Pencils. This line never ceases to amaze me; even the most mundane looking colours are great once on. Since I have oily eyelids, and most pencils don't work on me; I tend to go toward gels and liquid liners; but I am never satisfied with the look. I also like the convenience of a pencil. I need not have feared: Laura Mercier came through once again. The first pencil I bought was Slate; since I needed an everyday, not too noticeable look for around in general. It is a soft grey, and the line can be made thicker or thinner by application. But as described in another post, there is not much flex time to change the look. Have your eyeliner brush or Q-Tip at the ready, the liner sets fast. Once it is there, it's there. Although it does not last 12 hours on me, it does last 6. I am not much of a shadow fan, so I tend to use translucent powder, and a bit on my eye lids does help before I apply the liner to make the look last.

This time I bought the Espresso shade; which is a nice, rich, dark brown. It really makes my blue eyes pop; and is one of the best shades I have ever worn. It is not too red or grey in its makeup. It is perfect. The Slate tends to blend in with my eye colour more; the Espresso is a good contrast without being too harsh, like black.

Use a makeup remover to take it off.

Whatever colour you choose, you can look forward to longwear as advertised, a substantial amount of product, and a pencil sharpener added in the box.

I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great long-wearing eye pencil - does not budge, even on oily lids like mine. Love that it is easy to spread on (i.e., no tugging) but you do need an eye m/u remover to get it off. I have it in Noir and love the black/navy ink color. Only con is the price but other than that this is a holy grail product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by aliz1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a 'new generation' eyeliner in Space NK Chiswick. I discussed ones I like but don't stay on my waterline. The store manager recommended this one without hesitation and as a long time LM user, I thought, 'Why not?'
I got home, looked it up on here, and there were no reviews. So, now we are a few weeks in and there are still no reviews I will share that this product is easy to apply, glides on, and then... sticks. Seriously.
If you are looking for a product that is easy to blend and correct as you go, this is not it. Look at the LM Kohls for that. This guy will go exactly where you put it - including on your water line, and stay there. You have a very short window to adjust your placement, but once on, is not going anywhere. You can smudge this for a smokey eye look, but the flex time is limited. The texture is very easy to draw across your lid and the pencil is easy to sharpen to a point for fine work. I can also work this right down into my lashes.
To get this off, you need a waterproof eye makeup remover or something like Shu Cleansing Oil.
I find I can apply this under or over shadows for different effects.
I have the black - which is quite an inky one.