April 21, 2014 | 964 users online

Palettes - NARS - The NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lovely palate. Great colours. It takes a bit of practice to figure out how intense/shimmery/muted each colour is. Fairly versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by laureg

This is an amazing palette. I love neutrals, and this versatile palette has everything you could want. I'd recommend The NARSissist to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by MissAvaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 of this already, one for my kit and one for myself. I must admit, I have not been able to take or use this whenever possible. However, I love that it has all the smokey colors I love from nars.

Best thing about it is I dropped it and the mirror and my shadows did not budge nor get broken. I can`t say the same for my UD palettes, it fell apart.

It may be pricier to you but compare to getting all of the UD palettes, I`d rather avoid accumulation of nonsense products and choose one palette that can do what I want it to do.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In terms of color selection, I think this palette is perfect--neutral but less all nude than the UD Naked palettes with all colors that are very wearable. The balance of warm/cool tones is perfect with a good number of mattes (5) and shimmers (10). I put this side by side with my Lorac Pro and the colors are actually very similar except that the Nars has a few grey-ish tones and the Lorac a few golden ones. They both have some pinky/nudey/champagney tones, a few tones of brown, and a purplish shade. I think overall, the Nars is slightly more muted/sophisticated and I do like having the grey tones.

The shadows definitely do not swatch very well, especially the lighter colors, but I find that the pigmentation is actually quite good on the lid and they blend quite well. With a primer, the colors that I've used so far did not crease or come off on me during the day. I do think though that the quality of the shadows is not quite a good as Mac shadows, the Lorac Pro or UD Nakeds and; you do have to build them up a tiny bit more to get the same color pay-off and they don't feel quite as buttery as the Lorac shadows. For a darker, more intense look, I definitely would not choose to use this palette.

In terms of price, it is a very expensive palette but I think the price tag is more shocking because it's more product compared to other palettes. The palette has 15g of product for $79 or $5.26 per gram compared to $4.77 for the Lorac Pro. As a point of comparison, if you made your own MAC palette it's $6.66 per gram plus the cost of the palette itself.

Bottom line, it's a nice palette and I do not regret getting it, but if I were to pick one neutral palette, this would not be the one I'd go for.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Andtaylorr

I bought this palette because I've never tried nars eyeshadow before and I love nars products. But I was very disappointed with this palette this palette is 79 dollars and it's not worth it. The pigmentation is terrible very chalky. When I swatch the colors they are not what the look like in the palette. Very hard to blend. I returned mine and instead I got the lorac pro and full exposure palette by smash box.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love NARS, and even that I don't like palettes, I just couldn't stop myself from ordering Narsissit online.
I have Coconut Grove and AAE already. There are many mixed reviews about this palette, and I was expecting something that I might not like after all. I have wanted to try many of the colours, but really don't need all of them. This gives a chance to try 15 shades, and they are about half the size singles are. I like smaller pans, I might actually use this palette so much, that it is finished.
When I swatched colour on my hand, they seemed to lack pigment and were very powdery. Coconut Grove single was a little more buttery than the one in a palette, but when I tried it, it works the same, it lasts the same. Darker colours are always a challenge to blend, especially pigmented ones. AAE was similar than duo one. I wore NARS eye primer with all the looks I tried. All the shades lasted 11 + hours without significant fading or creasing. I have runny eyes, and I was outside in a snow, and my eye makeup was about the same after 11 hours.
I wouldn't be scared of bad reviews, if you want to try NARS eye shadows or need (want another) a neutral palette.
I was amazed that I loved colours like Lhasa and Ashes to Ashes, as I don't like greys or purples - my eyes are green with golden/amber flecks - but these greys were really beautiful and worth the try. Will use more in a future.
I still feel that the colours lack something in pigment, and are little more powdery than the single ones, but they perform same. At least with a primer. I wouldn't wear darker shades without.
Maybe too many very dark colours, but all of these are very wearable and you can create so many beautiful looks and add some depth for the evening. Narsissist is very travel-friendly.
Price is in my currency - 49 €, is not bad. It is actually quite good comparing to some other brands for the same € (euro)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

A beautiful nude palette with 15 shades of color. The quality of the shadows is a bit different than the same colors in their single or duo counterparts but it is still a lovely offering if you are obsessed with nude/neutral palettes like I am! Here is a quick breakdown of what you get for $79USD:

- All About Eve - shimmer
- Lhasa - shimmer
- Bad Behavior - metallic shimmer
- Dogon #2 - shimmer
- Pandora #2 - matte

The palette offers a great amount of product for the money, and I especially like that it has a good amount of mattes mixed in with the shimmers and the glitter shadows were lightly glittered and not glitter overkill. All shades applied and blended well and provided long wear when applied over primer. I like having some of my favorite colors all in one palette, makes travel easier than packing a lot of singles or duos. I would have given a perfect rating of 5 lippies had I not noticed a difference in consistency between some of the shadows and their single or duo counterparts. Some of them just felt cheaper, not as luxurious as I am used to with NARS shadows. This is still a lovely palette and I will continue to enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The palette includes 15 shades that range from light and sheer to black and pigmented. Upon purchasing my palette I was initially disappointed with the way a few of the shades swatched on my arm (Ashes to Ashes in particular), but they translated beautifully on the eyelid. Not sure what kind of magic that is, but it works and looks gorgeous! Many reviewers have complained of too many dark shades in the palette while that can definitely be limiting to some, I think it sets this palette apart from many other neutral palettes. The colors range from purple taupe to pewter to bronze, offering a wide array for different skin tones and moods. I love to use the darker shades as liners (Dogon, Pandora, Coconut Grove, Bali, etc.) and they last all day. I love a retro liner with a neutral eye for day and a smokey eye at night which this palette fits completely. I think the addition of another lighter shade would garner a 5 star review, but this certainly is a worthy addition to my makeup routine.