April 21, 2014 | 1356 users online

Liquid - Becca - Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by rainbowdashies

This replaced my Hg foundation!
I used to only use the Kat Von D tattoo foundation but my local sephora NEVER has the lighter shades in stock and take forever to restock but when they do there all gone immediately!

So I decided to give up on It....exploring the store I came across the Becca products and swatched it on my hand, it was slightly thick n I rubbed it and it was VERY pigmented which got me super excited because I love full coverage.

I bought it in the shade Buttercup which fit my light yellow beige skin pretty well. (I was quite impressed with the shade variety) I tried it at home and I was really impressed, the packaging has a pump and is also quite large so I was ok with the 44$ price. I have combination skin and I have to say, this stuff has the perfect finish. I don't Really like a matte finish despite the oil I get throughout the day but this foundation gave me more like a satin finish, kept oil and shine away but didn't make me look stiff and dry, just slightly glowing. I recommend applying a powder after as I always do with every foundation.
Overall: TRY THIS!!!! BEST EVER FOUNDATION!
btw, I always aim for an airbrushed look and even though this product did not claim that it is the most airbrushed I have ever looked!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by actionwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, I've been looking for a replacement for the Becca stick foundation that they discontinued and was hoping this was going to be it. I bought the Cashmere shade along with their new brush that is supposed to replace 10 different makeup brushes after watching a video on their website. I returned both.

The foundation provided great coverage but it emphasized every flake and dry patch my face. Unless you have very oily skin, this probably isn't for you. Also, my pores looked really prominent, as though the foundation didn't blend into my skin and was just sitting on top of it - just awful. I tried applying it with both the Becca brush (and got individual goat hairs stuck all over my face) and with my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good medium-full coverage foundation. It is not completely transfer proof, though I prefer that since those bullet proof ones (colorstay and double wear always break me out since they are so hard to completely remove). Gives a matte finish, though I always set with powder since I have oily skin. This does not break me out and I have pretty reactive skin. I have found that this applies best working in sections (it sets relatively quickly) with either a beauty blender or a dense synthetic brush to really push it in the skin. When applied with my fingers I felt like it accentuated my pores in a very unattractive way. This covers well enough that I can skip concealer with less than a full pump of product. I have combo oily skin and I feel like I have to blot around twice a day which is pretty usual for me and considering that I occasionally work 12-15 hour days this lasts remarkable well. For reference I wear Buttercup and 3.0 in UD Naked Skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I typically wear light to medium coverage but was looking for a full coverage to have on hand. I received a sample and fell in love. It is a satin finish leaning towards semi matte if you have dry skin. It wore all day and made me look flawless. I went out and bought a full-sized.

It is a thick, creamy consistency and is best applied with a brush or fingers. Sponges will absorb product and definitely sheer it out. I found it quite easy to blend. A little goes A LONG WAY. Start with half of a pump and add more as needed. I find full coverage foundations are best applied in sections rather than dotting all over your face and blending it out. With high coverage you want to build gradually so you don't end up cakey or looking like you spackled on your makeup. If you are very dry, this may cling to dry patches so, moisturize well or skip altogether.

Personally, I wasn't wowed by the Kat Von D Lock It foundation which I think is comparable in texture to Becca. I found Becca to give a much more beautiful, natural looking finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lapo4063

I have to weigh in on this.
I have seen videos and read reviews by smart makeup wearers and thinking.... OMG YOURE ALL MAKING A MISTAKE!!!!

this is a WATER based foundation. Why is everyone applying it with a beauty blender?!

Fact: Beauty blenders absorb water!!!!

...so when you apply this foundation with a product that absorbs some 20% of the foundation no wonder you skin texture looks dry and is difficult to blend. Sheesh!!!!

Natural bristle brushes also absorb some product.

If you apply this foundation with a sigma synthetic flat top kabuki (the famous f80) you will be perfect!!
Im 23 been wearing foundation over 10 years and this is the first one I would continually repurchase.

It looks flawless. Set with a little powder and it covers my extremely oily acne prone sensitive skin all day. Feels light and breathable and looks like skin. I even wrote in to BECCA to let them know how much this foundation changed my life.

I am a post accutane patient with scarring, redness, and occasional breakouts and this foundation is beautiful.

Make me SO sad its getting a bad rap because people aren't using their noggins on their knowledge of beauty tools :(

10 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by s70princess

All I can say is HUGE disappointment with this one -- this is a 1.5 stars out of 5. High-coverage is one of the most important aspects I am looking for in a foundation (long-lasting is next on the list, due to my combo skin) so I am always super excited whenever a brand comes out with a high-coverage type of foundation. So far, Estee Lauder Double Wear (regular version, not light) is the only one I find myself going back to, it gives me the type of coverage and finish I like, while being reasonably long-lasting. I immediately ordered Becca's Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme as soon as it came out hoping I would like it as much if not better than ELDW. Sadly, not only do I not like this new Becca foundation, it is so bad that I have to return it (and I almost never return things unless is is really unusable for me). Ok, first the positives -- I love the Becca packaging (sturdy pump bottle), I love Becca's yellow-based shades and good shade range (I'm about NC20 yellow-olivey asian skin and Sand was an ok match, maybe half a shade too light at first but my skin can get oily and foundations almost always oxidize on me), and I also love that this foundation did provide decent coverage (it isn't truly full-coverage, but at least it truly is on the higher side of medium-coverage) ... but that's where the positives end for me, everything else about this foundation goes downhill from there. Becca describes this foundation as "A full-coverage yet breathable foundation formulated with high concentrations of pigment and water", which would lead one to believe it to feel light-weight on the skin and have good adhesion and lasting power on the skin, right? OMG, this foundation couldn't be further away from that -- the texture is super heavy and siliconey and very difficult to apply evenly onto the skin because it never seems to want to adhere to the skin, it just slips away and gets very streaky very easily. It takes a while to apply this evenly onto my skin (I always use my fingers to apply foundation), and once it is on my skin, it constantly feels tacky and never dries. If you touch your skin at all, it transfers onto your finger right away. I thought ok, I will set it with some translucent powder to see if that will do the trick. Yes, it looks much better after setting with translucent powder, but unfortunately the effects are short-lived, after one hour or so, the tacky feeling returns and by this time, it starts caking and settling into every single line/crease you have. If you smile or talk or move your face normally al all through the day, any part of your skin that folds will have this foundation settle into it. Talk about horrible!!! Not only did this foundation start settling into lines, streaking, and melting off my face as the day went on, but even worse, it seemed to make my combo skin even oilier. My face was a steaky oily mess -- all this from a foundation that claims to be full-coverage, long-wearing and transfer resistant?!! I'm not sure if drier skins may have better luck with this, but all I know is that combo or oily gals, I would never recommend any of you to try this. I also had similar issues with KVD lock-it, the siliconey feel did not agree with my combo skin, but this Becca one is even 10x worse. I am definitely returning this to Sephora the first chance I get.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was excited BECCA that launched ultimate coverage complexion creme as I love the brand. They are known for providing a broad range for every skin tone from fair to deep skin tones However my expectations fell short when I had issues applying it. It has a strange paste-like consistency and seems to set as soon as it touches the skin, it reminds me of Revlon colour stay in this regard(you have to work fast!). I tried several types of brushes including my MAC 187, Hakuhodo 520BKSL foundation brush, and others each resulted in streaks. Next I tried using my hands and it was equally disastrous- it was difficult to blend and apply and most of it ended up on my hands! I tried adding water to the foundation on the back of my hand with a beauty blender so I can get extra time to apply on my face This method worked! After application however, the finish looked dry and cakey not the look I’m accustomed to when I used the BECCA luminous skin colour which I prefer. I’m NC50/C8 in MAC speak, and I was matched to Sienna. I won’t re-purchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tracyltrust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to chime in on this one since there aren't many very positive reviews yet...I wouldn't automatically write this one off if you're curious. I got a sample in Sand and while the color for me isn't quite right, I kind of like it! I think method of application and skincare/primer is going to make a huge difference with this foundation. For reference I am 35 with some fine lines under my eyes and oily-combo skin.
I applied this with a damp beauty blender after smoothing Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch over my face as a primer (total HG for pore coverage and smooth look overall) This foundation is thick and I can see how it could be difficult to work with if you used a brush or dry sponge-probablly even fingers. But with my very damp beauty blender I patted this on a tiny bit at a time using a stippling motion. (I submerge my sponge completely underwater until it gets larger because it has absorbed all the water it can. I then gently wring out the excess water-but not too much. Just so it isn't dripping) I was actually in a hurry to make it to an appointment on time and broke my "rule" of not trying anything new when short on time…But I got lucky that this came out looking really good without taking more time than usual.

Again my Clarins Instant Smooth is genius at disguising any uneven texture so I don't know how this would perform otherwise but my result was med-full smooth coverage. I should disclose that my skin was freshly exfoliated prior to application too. I use and love Dermalogica Microfoliant a couple times a week and have no dry patches or flakes to speak of after.
I could see someone with texture issues /very dry skin getting frustrated with this foundation, but for me using the damp beauty blender over my primer gave me a lovely albeit "made up" appearance. I like a very polished and even result though.
I don't think trying for a 2nd layer or to "build" this up would be a good idea with this one. Although I don't know why you would need to. I only used maybe a third of my tiny sample pack for my whole face and got nice med-full coverage. Seems to be a less is more formula. Adding more I'm certain would look cakey. I did lightly powder after with Nars Light Reflecting loose powder. I'm thinking I maybe didn't need to but it didn't seem to hurt?

To be fair the color being off could've lent to the "made-up" look I perceived. I'm normally on the light side of NC15-Bobbi Brown Porcelain and very yellow. Sand was a tiny bit dark (Just a smidgen-I'm picky about this though) and more golden/yellow than I am. Which never happens to me. Usually the yellower the better for me. I got away with it but it was definitely off. I like it enough that I will try it in Shell next. With a seamless color match this could very well look quite natural (naturally perfect anyway lol). I will update when/if I purchase in the Shell.

The wear seems great to me so far (I still have it on-it's been 6+ hours?) My normal oil isn't peeking through just yet, even on my nose which is rare. I have combo-oily skin and can melt most long wear foundations off my nose in 4 or 5 hours. I can get away with NOT blotting yet. So that's pretty great.
I think those of you who weren't sold the first time on this should experiment with different methods of application and primers underneath. The wear time and beautiful coverage are worth the small extra effort. If I can get a closer match I would definitely be using this somewhat regularly.
I use a creamy concealer under my eyes(different ones-I have a bunch I like). At my age this foundation would likely accentuate under eye lines if used alone there. Most long wear foundations do in my experience.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

i got two very small samples of this in my recent Sephora order. The color Sand and Cashmere were provided, labled as shades for Fair and Light skintones, respectively.

I initially used Sand because that's what shade I am in the pressed MMU and it was WAY too light. I mixed in some Cashmere and it was barely darker than the Sand shade. Ultimately, both colors were too light for my NC25 skintone.

The coverage of this foundation is not full; I'd consider it medium/full. I have some redness on my cheeks and around my nose and this would not cover it, regardless how many times I tried.

It also was a pain in the neck to blend out evenly. Made my skin look dry, patchy, cracky and lifeless. Anything I put over the foundation (i.e. correctors, concealers) would not blend evenly either.

I powdered with my usual suspect (NARS LRP pressed) and thought the finish looked OK, but still very cakey. After about 4 hours of wear, I looked even worse. I wish I could've gone home and washed my face completely, it looked that bad.

I do not recommend this product at all. If you're looking for full coverage that actually looks decent, try Revlon ColorStay instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by drandal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Possibly the wost foundation I've ever tried. Yeah, it has high coverage, but it makes the texture of my skin look so bad. It looks dry, rough, patchy, and never sets even with powder. Shell is a good match for NC10/15 though. Returning it.