October 31, 2014 | 754 users online

Liquid - Becca - Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by GayLynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this foundation, because the color Nude was perfect for me. This is a very heavy "sticky" feeling foundation. I love the coverage, but it tends to settle into fine lines and pores. Tried moisturizing and applied with a damp beauty blender and also fingers. Still looked masky and cakey. Too bad because the color was spot on!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by CJsWife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a makeup addict and have tried several liquid foundations over the years. I recently went back and forth between Dior Skin Nude and MAC. For some reason, MAC products started to turn red when they oxidized and my face is more of a yellow tone. I saw this in Sephora and due to the array of colors, I thought I would try it. IT IS AMAZING. I wear the shade Tobacco. This is a full coverage foundation, however it does not feel heavy. It is definitely an all day wear and it matches my skin perfectly. I apply it using the Real Techniques buffing brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by winghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this along with Becca's mattifying primer and the whole experience was bad. This foundation dries too fast and I couldn't blend it it well enough. Tried to apply it with a synthetic brush but by then already realize that a small portion makes my face looked super cakey. After that - tried using beauty blender to attempt sheering it out. But...face still remained cakey. Tried washing it off...which was also hard. So had to use my shu uemura's cleansing oil. And only was able to take 90% of it off. Ended up having to use cleansing water to remove the leftovers. Absolutely horrid!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I think I have tried just about every foundation at Sephora. I have been feeling incredibly frustrated lately. I have yet to find a foundation that I absolutely love. There are several problems that I experience over and over again with foundation. 1) too thick, heavy, cakey, which does nothing but magnify every flaw on my face 2)Even with primer, wears off especially in areas where I'm super oily. 3)Oxidation! It can look like a good match when it's wet, but a few hours later...it can be pretty scary. 4)Many foundations lack shades that are neutral. Too yellow, people start asking me if I'm sick. Too red, I look like an oompa loompa. Neither of which is especially attractive. So I was basically venting (in a nice way) to the SA at Sephora, and she recommended this foundation. I was a little hesitant because of the full coverage. But I decided to give it a try anyway. She did the Color IQ on me again, and this time, I came up as 2Y07. Based on that, I was matched with Noisette. We both new immediately it was way too orange for me. So she grabbed a couple of shades for me. She ended up giving me a sample in Buttercup. It wasn't a terrible match, but it oxided pretty bad and turned kind of yellow. If I were to buy it, I would probably go down a shade.

Pros: Staying power: Big thumbs up here. After I applied it this morning, I realized i'd forgotten primer. I didn't really have time to redo it, so I just went with it. This foundation seemed to do a good job of controlling the oil. Once it was on, it was on.

Cons: I like foundations that dry fast, but this one dries crazy fast. You really have to play beat the clock to blend it properly.

The price-I think this foundation is way overpriced. It's definitely not worth $44 in my opinion. I would really have to love a foundation to pay that much, but honestly, I don't think this foundation is worth.

Coverage-The coverage is great. When I first applied it, my face looked flawless. A little goes a long way. You can get great coverage with just one very thin layer. But as the day went on, it started to settle into the bumps and flaws in my face. It is also VERY matte. I like a more natural/luminous finish, and this is definitely not it.

Buildable-not so much. If you try to build it up, even a tiny bit, it gets cakey and thick. This stuff is also super hard to blend. It dries so quickly, that you have literally about 30 seconds to blend it.

I'm glad I got a sample and didn't decide to purchase it. I am glad I tried it, but this just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by thejewelryjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this product.

It's AMAZING. Seriously. I walked into Sephora hell bent on buying the Kat Von D Lock it foundation because I wanted really full coverage and had heard some good things. The girl that was helping me told me she preferred the pigmentation in the Becca formula though, and once I put it on I fell in love!

Great coverage and a little goes a looking way! I don't feel like a blender or a sponge is appropriate for this foundation since it's a water based, and I've found great success just using my hands. It feels great on my skin and I haven't had any weird reactions to it. And it looks natural! Covers my imperfections and blends awesomely. No weird smells either. I love the packaging too. It's a slim tube with a pump and a cap, so it's easy to throw in your bag.

If you're looking for super full coverage foundation, try this! It's a little pricey at $44 but I have yet to find anything that makes my skin look and feel as awesome as this! Try it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is thick! and smells like acrylic paint. Its better than the Kat von D foundation in that the formula is finer but I still find this very hard to use. Its probably best for mixing foundations. I just don't find this user friendly enough and I find the colors to be not as good as Shiseido. If you want high coverage in a great formula, the Refining Lifting foundation is still the best I have discovered to date. The packaging is great but I just can't use this since it emphasises every line, pore and flakie i have, and its not many.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sephora sample. I have drugstore BB creams that cover better than this did for me. There isn't anything "ultimate" about it. Go, no run, to the drugstore and get the Garnier BB Cream.

Edited to include: I received another sample of this and somehow, maybe it was a better color match?, but it did provide coverage. However, the formula is so dry, I suppose to "stick" and provide "ultimate coverage", that I had to use my MAC Fix Plus spray to blend it out properly. Otherwise, it'd just kind of get stuck in patches on my face.

No, girl. Just no.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This is full coverage but hard to blend dries supper fast and it very thick. Hard to remove without a oil cleanser or oil base cleanser. You have to blend it all within 1-2 min or after it dries it hard to apply more it will look cakey and mask like. This super matte. Maybe applying with a wet sponge with help it blend easier. It would be a great foundation if it was not so thick and didn't dry so fast. I could apply fast enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Mulan1

I can't say this is my favorite foundation, but I do like it and will definitely purchase a full size. This stuff has amazing staying power and coverage. It covers as good as a concealer, but it's a foundation. The color range is also great! This is one of the only foundations I've found that has a shade that is a perfect match for me. I don't powder my entire face when I wear this because I've found, it's best not to with my skin type. After applying, I just lightly brush my tzone area with a loose powder. The only downside to this foundation is that in daylight it can bring out your pores and it's a bit thick. I also constantly need to blot to reduce shine. Amazingly though, it lives up to its transfer resistant statement. If I blot my face with a papertowel, very very very little will blot onto the paper whereas with my other foundations, my whole face comes off. If you have blemishes and acne scars, I'd recommend this for you. Tip: This product is not meant to be applied with your fingers or a beauty blender. Using that method will not apply it evenly as this foundation dries quickly. I've found it applies best with a damp buffing brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with other reviewers about how unnatural this foundation looks ... no matter the application technique (I've tried fingers, sponge, brush).

It does however, get 3 stars for color match and lasting power. I am NW50ish in MAC and Sandalwood in Becca is a spot on match. It's not too red nor too grey/flat in color. It goes on relatively easily and does look flawless (but far, far too cakey) for at least 6 hours.

Overall, not a great purchase. I wish the line continued to stock the luminous version of their foundation at Sephora. I'll keep this in my stash for an especially glam night but it's not at all for every day wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No