September 2, 2014 | 1917 users online

Liquid - Becca - Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with other reviewers about how unnatural this foundation looks ... no matter the application technique (I've tried fingers, sponge, brush).

It does however, get 3 stars for color match and lasting power. I am NW50ish in MAC and Sandalwood in Becca is a spot on match. It's not too red nor too grey/flat in color. It goes on relatively easily and does look flawless (but far, far too cakey) for at least 6 hours.

Overall, not a great purchase. I wish the line continued to stock the luminous version of their foundation at Sephora. I'll keep this in my stash for an especially glam night but it's not at all for every day wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I have fallen in love with every single Becca product I have tried thus far. I didn't hate this product, but was greatly disappointed by it because of my amazing experience overall with Becca as a brand. Perhaps it is because for the past few months I have been using BB/CC creams, and this was such a heavy and drastic change from those formulas. This is a thick, almost paste-like, full coverage foundation. I found it difficult to blend and work with. I originally tried using my Sephora Airbrush #55 brush, but was unable to blend it effectively and/or quick enough. Then I switched to a beautyblender and had better results with this method. With that being said, it is great for a night out or big event in which you are in need of a very full coverage face that will not budge and will last all day and night. Despite the heavy formula, after application my skin felt quite velvet-y and soft. I do feel I have the wrong shade (Sand) and may look a little more natural if I choose a different shade more suitable for me. Summertime is such a hard time of year to choose a new foundation, as my skin is constantly changing each day. Overall, a very full coverage foundation that is difficult to work with. However, it is something I feel I can work with and learn with a little adjusting on my part!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in nude which is a little yellow but it works. The coverage is amazing. I have dry skin so I use the It Cosmetics Feel the Moment primer and it's fantastic together. Wears well all day long, doesn't oxidize, doesn't fade and doesn't dry my skin out. Completely covers my broken capillaries. I use less than a pump for my entire face. I ordered on line so I may switch up the color once I swatch them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I ordered this in Bamboo (I am a yellow/golden tan with warmth and slight olive tones...MAC NC42/3, Bobbi Brown Warm Honey Liquid/Cream OR Golden Natural/ Golden Honey in Skin Stick, Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo in Medium 62, Black Up Full Coverage Cream #2 & #3, Alima W5/G6 mix - to help other ethnic/mixed/tan/Black girls negotiate the colors). Bamboo is lighter in person than the Sephora swatch...think Halle Berry with no suntan, and more yellow in undertone.

It does dry at the speed of light, and applies better with my Sigma Kabuki brushes than my fingers as they spread and blend it faster...but work fast! I wouldn't use a traditional foundation brush with this as you'd waste a ton of product covering only very tiny areas of your face at a time, and it would probably be streaky. Same goes for fingers except for dabbing specific spots for extra coverage.

The coverage is AMAZING without looking mask-like, and is comparable to Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, but with a more natural undertone (less Orange) and a much more natural and less flat finish (not luminous, but very skin like and mixed with any highlighter, like Black Up Complexion Enhancer in 01 Gold, could go flawlessly luminous in a flash without looking weird...tried it already).

It takes very little to cover your entire face and only tiny dabs of extra to cover DARK Hyperpigmentation. I just use my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Golden Honey over the spots that need more coverage...because I like the combo, not because it's necessary. The combo leaves me flawless (the stick on it's own is too heavy for natural looking full coverage...it only looks natural at medium coverage or as additional support over a liquid/cream like this. It works well in conjunction with a similarly colored liquid or cream foundation of any coverage).

This is my new favorite full coverage foundation, beating out Bobbi Brown (Stick), Black Up (Full Coverage Cream), Kat Von D (Lock-It), etc. I can't wait to see how it wears in bright sunlight, and how it lasts during a full day and night, but right now...it's almost perfect, and is oil and water resistant!

Google swatches of colors for more accurate shade selection! If I hadn't, I would've chosen Olive, which would have been too light...

PS: use a really good primer with this so you can skip the powder. You'll get a more natural finish that doesn't cake or look too matte...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So my review on this foundation......I ordered this off space nk in nude as had previously tried the nude in the Matt foundation. I purchased the becca all in one brush and the skin enhancer in opal. I apply a Matt primer underneath and then the skin enhancer and buff on the foundation with the brush. Gives an amazing coverage with just a pump of the bottle although I use two as like just that little bit more ;). Reason why I only gave 4 Los because it can tend to go a little dry on my cheeks and wear off on my forehead even though I've put powder on.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by iynamakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Okaaayyy, I REALLY wanted this to work. Saw lots of Youtube reviews recommending this new addition to the Becca lineup. So I head me over to Sephora to cop a few samples.

Unfortunately the shade range for dark skin leaves something to be desired... I chose "Sienna", "Mink" and "Tobacco" (which looked too light for me, but I took it anyways). Got home, washed and moisturized my face and got busy!

Where do I start? Well, positives first:

(1) the foundation IS pigmented, very much so.
(2) Its texture is lovely - it's liquid but not runny at all; very smooth.

Now to the bad:

(1) I couldn't match my tone, not even after mixing shades. "Sienna" looked like it would match, but after 15 mins of wearing it, it OXIDIZED so much on my skin, I looked a good two shades darker! It was actually hilarious looking in the mirror. "Mink" was way too dark; "Tobacco" was too light but I thought maybe it would oxidize down to my tone. Well, it did get a little darker, but finished as this sallow yellow - ugh!

(2) The packaging pretty much guarantees that you'll be unscrewing the top and slapping the bottle into your palm, to get at the last bit of foundation. At $44 a bottle, if you don't do this, you'll be throwing away $3-$5 worth of product each time you get a new bottle. Maybe that wouldn't bother you though...

In conclusion, I'm tossing my samples :( I really wanted this to work, because it is so pigmented. Alas, not for me. For those whose tone matches their shades perfectly, enjoy this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Amandalally

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I've always used Mac foundation since highschool, but once my face started changing and maturing I felt like I needed a change. I like trying different makeups too so I switched to BareMinerals and it totally screwed up my face!!!!! I broke out in cysts on my face that got infected. It was a nightmare! Finally once my face cleared up I was recommended this foundation. All I have to say is WHAT A LIFE CHANGER!!!! I have combination skin but more on the oily side and this product holds it's value. I find that it doesn't crease or run and it stays on all day! Its very easy to apply and you barely need any on the brush. I do use a fan brush with a small amount of the pressed blotting powder from Becca all over my face to set it and I find that really seals the deal. Overall I am very pleased with this formula and would highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Laurenwoodward993

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and live in a very hot and humid area. I've never found a foundation that stayed put all day and didn't melt down because of my oily skin.
It covered my acne spots and scars perfectly. I first applied to much then realized you only need a little bit. (Half the amount you normally us) My face looked natural and not like I had a ton of makeup on. It's perfect for hot summer days, weddings, and those with normal to oily skin.
I've used Kat Von D in the past and it really never looked natural. I'm NW30 in MAC and I'm using ultimate coverage shade in Nude.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by sikandria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

so i decided to try this foundation by becca,i bought the shade noisette for my nc30 complexion.The shade was an exact match for me,overall i did not like this on my dry skin,i hated the feel and finished look of it.Although it gave v gud coverage i felt that it was too opaque looking,it will totally mask you skin leaving it without dimension so it looks flat and lifeless.and even after careful bronzer blusher and highlighter application that look remained for me,
Not sure how long it will last through the day as i couidnt wait to remove it,i removed it after my work day was over so that was about 9 hours,i think oily skins might fare better with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by FrizzyKab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the bomb yo! Seriously, it is. But like other reviewers have noted, you have to use the right tool and work in small sections. I recommend a synthetic brush or your fingers on well moisturized skin (a must for any matte foundation, IMO) Not a stippling brush or sponge. I have combo skin that us sensitive and reactive. I wear this in tobacco (I'm between NC45 and NC50 in mac) and this foundation does not tingle, burn, make me break out and it matches so well. It's med-full coverage and a a half pump is enough for my whole face. I have a smallish face but you really don't need much. The best part is that it looks so natural and feels weightless, doesn't transfer, and lasts all day. I'm so sad that this is getting bad reviews. I think some people might be using too much, not prepping their skin properly, or using tools that suck up the moisture out of this foundation (animal hairs/sponges). Hope this helps someone, sorry for rambling :-)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No