Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

3.7

Dimethicone, Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Isododecane, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Disodium Edta, Caprylhydroxamic Acid. May Contain/ Peut Contenir [+/-]: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First off, let me say that this is my favorite foundation yet. I'm only 19, so I still have lots of makeup to experience in my lifetime, but so far, nothing competes!
The price is pretty expensive; about $48 after tax- that's a lot for a college student! But I originally got it as a Valentine's present, and it lasted me until July. It seriously takes half a pump to cover a majority of your face. I use a damp Beauty Blender and use the old foundation on the hand trick. I have combination (Tzone) skin, and due to lack of proper cleansing, it HAS caused some acne. But when I wash my face like I'm supposed to, it's fine. It can cover anything and everything on my face- scars, pimples, blotches. But if I use too much, I will seriously look ridiculous. It's very buildable, but it doesn't take much to over-do it. It's full coverage, and it means it. I use a light powder by Maybelline on top, just because it's very thick, and leaves my face feeling sticky and unpleasant. The powder just locks it in, and makes it touchable (but I'm just weird about textures).
I always get compliments on my "skin" for how flawless and fair it looks- thanks to Becca! Overall great foundation! 10/10 would recommend!

on 8/21/2015 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this foundation for over a year now, and I can't see that I will ever stop.
I have very very sensitive, acne prone skin. I'm pale and have some redness from acne scarring (although that is diminishing). I also have neutral to yellow undertones, so finding a foundation that works is very difficult.

I bought this because I found some rave reviews about it online, and it sounded like the perfect product for me. I wasn't disappointed, but it does come with some need to knows.

One of the things that attracted me to the product was the ingredient list - it is pretty short compared to some foundations. I was also keen to try out high coverage but without the heavy feeling from traditional full coverage foundations.

Pros:
Coverage is fantastic. And the product is lightweight. It melts into my skin beautifully.
No SPF - I know for some this is a deal breaker, but SPF is a big trigger for my acne, so this is wonderful for the winter. In summer I layer.
The colour match is brilliant - I like how each shade 'level' has different undertone options. I picked out Shell for winter, and Cashmere for summer (which I had to guess but thankfully got right!).
No oxidisation - the colour stays true on me.
Longevity - Definitely sweat proof, and even my bf described my make up as invincible! I wore this during my best friend's wedding which was hot and sweaty and I still looked perfect at the end of the night.
Layerable - as long as you are careful, this can be layered.

Advisory notes:
You really only need a tiny amount - too much and it becomes a mess and looks terrible. Start with a quarter pump and if you need more, add more.
The right brush and technique is so important - I use a very soft synthetic buffing brush (Zoeva 104) and kind of stroke it onto my face, gently buffing in circles in certain places. I've tried a few brushes and this works best for me. The MAC stippling brush was a disaster for me.
Primer/layering - this foundation should really go on bare skin (although I haven't tried any of Becca's primers with it). I personally don't wear primer, but in the summer I wear Clinique City Block 25, and it doesn't always play nice with that. I think mainly because the City Block is oil absorbing and this foundation needs some oil to work. It sort of works if you are careful. ALso you need to think about what powder to set with - I was using MAC Prep and Prime transparent finishing powder but realised that doesn't work at all. I now use Clinique Invisible Finish loose powder, and it is much better.
I like to spray a little rosewater on my face when I've finished my make up - it kind of binds everything together and to my skin.
This is one foundation that works best with a clean brush every time. I don't always wash my brushes every night, and if you don't you need to reduce the amount you use each day.

Honestly this is the best foundation I have ever used and I would recommend it to anyone. I don't mind the price - a bottle lasts me a long time, and it is worth it for feeling like a million dollars every day.
The only major downside for me is availability - I live in Austria and the only place I can get it is through the Space NK website. I try to stock up when I go to either the UK or the USA.

on 8/8/2015 10:37:00 AM

I've never been more impressed with a foundation!!! I have combination skin (realllllly dry cheeks and super oily t-zone). This foundation fills in my pores and mattifies without emphasizing dry patches. This is definitely full coverage & extremely long lasting. I put it on at 5pm and my blush and highlight is still intact at 9am. I'm a medium skin tone with yellow/olive undertones and nude was a decent but not perfect match. Olive in the the becca ever matte foundation was a perfect match for me but because this foundation is so pigmented, you have to go up a shade cause it dries darker. Definitely will repurchase again and again. Just magical.

on 7/28/2015 8:13:00 AM

This product is terrible. Definitely not for mature skin in my opinion. I'm 22, light skinned (nc 20/5) Hispanic woman with oily skin. I gave this awful product so many chances! First off its very pigmented, just what I wanted, on my hand it looked fabulous, on my face it looked like I put a mask on. With less than a pump my face liked super cakey and the foundation made me look like a dry skinned lizard in the winter. My face looked awfully patchy and I couldn't det it with a powder because it already looked like I had 13 pounds of product. It creased under my eyes so j couldn't even use it as a spot or under eye concealer. I tried it with a primer and without a primer and it just looked CAKEY. Im telling you ladies ig you want a good full coverage foundation try estee lauder duble wear or Revlon's colorstay. This product is a joke. It settles I to fine lines I didn't even know my 22 years old face had. One of the sales girls was also wearing it and her face sad clear but it looked like a mask on her too. This also oxidizes and the staying power is ironically non existent.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I've had this for about a month so far just in time for Arizona summer to begin. I purchased this is shade olive the shade is great and it does blend well with my beauty blender but you must blend quickly and you must moisturize well before you put this on other wise it will cling to dry patches and will be difficult to blend out once it has "dried." I wear it with Bobbi Brown pressed powder in "Golden Orange." this is my warmer powder I tend to use in the summer or to warm up a foundation. In the fall I will go back to using this color with my Ben Nye Banana Powder or Bobbi Brown Pressed Powder in 4.5 Golden Natural I think? its the shade below Golden Orange. It photographs very well and really does last I don't use a ton on my face so I don't foresee myself running out of this anytime soon, I tend to blend lighting over some areas that need a little bit of coverage chin, t zone and cheeks, I have even work it to the gym after being at the hospital all day and it has held up fine. I am Iman Sand, Bobbi Brown 4.5 or Mac Nc40-42 ish for reference, More yellow no red in my skin tone.

on 6/11/2015 4:18:00 PM

My new holy grail foundation! I have a combination of normal skin on my cheek and forehead areas, but on my nose and chin it is always dry as the sahara dessert and I have never been able to find a single full coverage foundation that didn't make my nose area look absolutely horrible. This foundation is almost completely undetectable, even on my worse skin days.

The only disadvantage to this could be the price, and the fact that even though it claims to be full coverage, it is really more of a medium coverage but is VERY buildable and even with 2 layers on it, it looks just like your skin. I don't know how I have gotten by without this all these years.

on 6/5/2015 3:06:00 PM

I really love this foundation, and believe me, I've tried A LOT over the years. From the low end to the very high end brands, I've never really found a foundation that has particularly 'wowed' me enough for me to re-purchase over and over - I've always felt as though I'm on the lookout for something better. Enter Becca's Ultimate Complexion Creme…

I generally dislike foundation - I wish I didn't need it, but unfortunately I suffer from acne (sigh) and all the other delightful things that come with it (scarring, hyper-pigmention, un-even skin tone, etc). I love that fresh/no-make up look, so with my skin problems that is very hard to achieve. Foundations that offer me enough coverage usually look like I have caked on 5 layers of make up, which is not a good look. Before this foundation I was using Estee Lauder's Double Wear, which I did love, because it had excellent coverage, but also looked like I was wearing a lot of make up, which I hated, too.

I remember watching one of Lisa Eldridge's make up videos, in which she proclaims her love for Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector - I decided to eventually give that a try, when on the same website (SpaceNK) I saw this foundation. I checked out the reviews and decided to also give that a try, seeing as Becca seemed to have a cult following in the beauty world. Boy, I was not disappointed - both products are fantastic! I will re-buy both again and again, until the day comes that I no longer need to wear foundation!

This foundation offers brilliant coverage, but can be applied relatively thinly to avoid that 'caked' look. It's wonderfully dewy looking, but also mattes my oily face (miracle product). I've even had friend's say 'wow, your skin looks amazing' whilst wearing this foundation and one friend who saw me on a particularly bad skin day watched me disappear to the bathroom and then return with this on my face - urging her to demand to know what foundation I had on as my skin looked great.

I really, truly recommend this product - and I'm not usually one to write reviews (or to be impressed by beauty products), but I know how much I search the internet for reviews, so I wanted to help!

Buy this product - you will not be disappointed!

on 4/29/2015 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation has good coverage. I like it but not in love with it. It clings to my dry patches even after exfoliating and moisturizing my face. I think This will be good for the summer. My shade Nude. Other shade: MAC NC 30/35. Nars Punjab, UD naked skin 5.0

on 4/19/2015 7:59:00 PM

Just got this foundation and love it! It gives full coverage while feeling light and doesn't dry me out. Never thought I would replace my Estée Lauder double wear

on 4/18/2015 12:24:00 PM

Really disappointed with this :-(

On the plus side, the colour match was good for me; I bought 'Porcelain' and I'm an NW15 in MAC. The coverage was very good, with very little product needed for application.

However, my skin looked so dull and flakey with this on. I don't even have dry skin, but this managed to make it look like I have. The foundation seemed to settle into every little facial crease and pore and emphasise them. My skin looked a lot better without it on. It was also hard to blend the foundation, pretty 'dry' formula.

At £34, this was a total waste of money. Needless to say, a big NO to a re-purchase!