November 28, 2014 | 1770 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - 123 Perfect CC Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So glad I found out about this product from MUA. I love it and use this all the time now, and even bought a second tube when i saw it on sale. I got it at a sale price of SGD19.90, which I think is a super good deal for the quality and amount of product. I like BB creams because I like a natural looking coverage (just need to fix sallow & tired looking skin and camouflage sunspots, light blemishes) and this is the best BB cream I've used so far (though this is technically a CC cream). My previous favourite used to be La Roche Posay's (didn't irritate my skin and has high SPF) but I prefer this because it blends into my skin better in terms of colour, and my skin doesn't get oily as much. I have dry/combination skin and tend to get an oily T-zone but this product holds that up well, like a whole day and I'll have to blot maybe once. Perhaps because of its moisturising factor? I also love that it gives a natural, glowy look. The best part for me is that I don't feel like I'm wearing make-up because it's so comfortable on my skin.

This product has SPF 15, so even though that's not very high protection, I like that there isn't a whitish look that comes out in pictures (true for certain sunscreen containing products). My pictures taken wearing this product also look like I have naturally healthy, glowing skin.

My tips for using this product: Apply with your fingers from the centre of your face and outwards. I add a little more product where I need more coverage. And like some other reviewers mentioned, the product is runny so it's a bit tricky to control the amount of product that comes out of the tube so you just need to be careful about it. If you happen to have some excess product spill out, i just blend it into my face/neck and blot it all out evenly with a tissue. Somehow, even when i use more cream, it still looks natural. After applying, wait a while before setting with powder. If you are intending to use a concealer over the CC cream, you need to be light-handed and patient in patting it in, because I did notice some creasing when i mixed the products. I don't have bad dark eye circles most days, so most of the time the CC cream is sufficient to perk up the under-eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by luckyluke8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This CC cream is light, yet highly pigmented. I find the coverage is slightly better than with one layer of the MAC Face & Body Foundation, but with less of a satin finish. The finish of the 123 Perfect on my combination/dry skin is slightly dewy, almost velvety, rather than satin.
Is it really a CC cream? Well, it gives light to medium coverage and feels much like a light foundation. I often reach for this instead of my foundations these days. It covers some redness, but leaves a quite natural look. As for skin care properties, I have tried quite a few other BB and CC creams and am not all that convinced of those either. I always use moisturizer underneath, don't think the 123 Perfect gives enough moisture on its own.
I find that most of the BB/CC creams and quite a few foundations transfer, e.g. leaving colored stains on the mobile phone, but this is not a problem with this CC cream.
As for color match, which is really important to me, the 31 Ivory is really good for my NC15 skin. It is a little too light in summer though, when my skin is closer to NC20.
Lasting power is quite good, and with a little powder and a mist of water it stays put all day and evening, while still looking natural. Without the powder, the coverage does not quite last into the evening, but is still better than wearing nothing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by oinone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I think this is not for dry skin. It looks dry, makes flakiness of the skin much more significant. I use shade 31 Ivory, it stays a bit yellowish.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I have combination sensitive, acne prone skin.
I got shade light beige and is a very good match for my nc25 skin.
The cc cream gives medium coverage, is super lightweight (I can't feel it sits on top of my skin really), can be layered without looking cakey at all, and the finish is very natural, skin-like with decent glow. My skin looks very healthy and even. It covers major discoloration and doesn't accentuate dry patches.
Oil control is surprisingly good, I was afraid that this would be too moisturizing for my oily skin, but this one feels really comfortable and doesn't exaggerate excess oil, nor becomes sticky.
Now on to the downsides.. First, longevity is an issue for me, about 6 hours max with setting powder, before it starts to fade, showing my imperfections (but it never goes cakey!). The fragrance is also quite strong just like typical bourjois products, but the scent won't linger.
And sadly, this one breaks me out. I really want to like this but it keeps giving me additional breakouts throughout the days. I'm totally recommend this one for non problematic skin because the cc cream actually feels really comfortable and the finish is so lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by prettyberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried many foundations, bb creams etc. All I ever wanted is lightweight, matte, non drying formula and I got it. Price reasonable. Ingredient list isn't best but overall for this price good quality. I have oily forehead so I blot it.
About shades, I am pale but 31 is to pale for me, and 32 little bit darker so I mix them..
For spots alone isn't enough so you have to use concelear. I use Bourjois healthy mix concelear 51

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because Bourjois has had a good track record. I've finished my tube and here's what I think of it. The CC cream is very light-weight and very fluid. It purports to have colour correcting capabilities and claims to be hydrating. I don't think it is hydrating and haven't really benefitted from its colour correcting capabilities. Yet, I have proceeded to buy two more tubes of this. Why? I think this is the best compromise between a foundation and a BB cream. It evens my skin tone (with the help of some concealer) and my face doesn't feel like it's been packed on with product. I apply this with my fingers because that's what works for me. I have tried using it with many types of brushes and the beauty blender. I think the warmth of the fingers just makes for a better application. I get the best results when I apply it on exfoliated and moisturised skin. The CC cream does have a tendency to highlight dry areas. That's why exfoliation and applying a moisturiser are an absolute must. It does not clog up my pores or cause any irritation to my sensitive skin. For its price, I think this is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Gr4nt

i have combo of oily and dry skin. i dried mostly around my eye area. This product does what it claims. Its a liquid form which is easy to blend and really help to correct any discolouration. For price wise, abit on the pricy side for a drugstore product. I would have prefer a pump as i open the cap, the product would leaked out easily and caused a mess. But other than the packaging, everything else is excellent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is more a 3.5 star than 4. I bought this because of the great reviews and while most of the raves are true - evens out skintone, hides a multitude of sins while looking natural - it's far from HG for me cos of the shades.

I'm NC25 and I bought 32 Light Beige. It turned out to be a tad too dark and gave my skin a slight orange tint. It's not that noticeable at a passing glance but I realise that compared to my Kate Powderless Cover OC-C (which by far gives the best match), it makes me look even sallower (as if that's possible, as I'm Chinese and have very yellow undertones!) Anything that comes in only 3 shades should really be able to meld in more with more complexion types. This one is pretty unforgiving.

Also under Singapore's humidity, it feels a little sticky so it probably wouldn't work for oily skin types. In short, get this only if you're fine with the dewy look and can find a shade that works for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by florator14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got very oily skin with plenty of acnes and I wanted something to cover my imperfections. On the one hand this cc cream is good because it is full coverage highly pigmented. I only need a little bit of concealer to hide my blemishes after using it. On the other hand because of my oily skin it didn't perform well at keeping me matte. Actually my skin was shiny and oily in less than an hour. It provides a great coverage both on my blemishes and under eye area. However, I wouldn't purchase it again due to the oily look. It can be good for someone who has normal or dry skin, and I would highly recommend it, but not for anyone with oily or combinated skin like me. I applied it along with 2 mattifying powders, and i oiled out. I can say some good things about this cc cream as well. It is very blendable and easy to work with. There are several shades and it was easy for me to find the one that fits me. It's always a huge problem when choosing a foundation. It smells very good and didn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As many before me, I learned of this product through my hero Lisa Eldridge, who can do no wrong in my eyes. So I will admit to being biased. Luckily, I can stand by my opinion, because I LOVE this cc cream.
This is what I've learned by using this product for the last 6 months:

- The consistency is very thin and runny and I apply with fingers. Once I used my Sigma f80 and it looked HORRIBLE. Since I have fairly good skin with minor acne scars, I don't need more than one thin layer anyway. I noticed Lisa rubbing it onto her face, which doesn't work for me either. I achieve the best result by applying 1 thin layer with my fingers, starting in the centre of my face and gently spreading it out towards my cheeks. I follow up with spot concealing (Lisa calls it "photoshopping", which gives an infinitely better result than 1 or multiple thick layers)
- Like Lisa, I avoid spreading the cc cream onto my under eye circles. Not sure why she does that, I however noticed this cc cream doesn't play well with my Clinique airbrush concealer. Mixing both products tend to cause creasing on me.
- I use rose beige in winter and bronze in summer. I find rose beige pulling slightly pink on me (maybe that's why they called it rose?) but it looks good after it settles.
- I have dehydrated, acne-prone skin and this never broke me out, thank heavens.
- the finish is satin on me, so I only need to powder my t-zone and blot twice during the day.