October 23, 2014 | 2111 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - 123 Perfect CC Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because Bourjois has had a good track record. I've finished my tube and here's what I think of it. The CC cream is very light-weight and very fluid. It purports to have colour correcting capabilities and claims to be hydrating. I don't think it is hydrating and haven't really benefitted from its colour correcting capabilities. Yet, I have proceeded to buy two more tubes of this. Why? I think this is the best compromise between a foundation and a BB cream. It evens my skin tone (with the help of some concealer) and my face doesn't feel like it's been packed on with product. I apply this with my fingers because that's what works for me. I have tried using it with many types of brushes and the beauty blender. I think the warmth of the fingers just makes for a better application. I get the best results when I apply it on exfoliated and moisturised skin. The CC cream does have a tendency to highlight dry areas. That's why exfoliation and applying a moisturiser are an absolute must. It does not clog up my pores or cause any irritation to my sensitive skin. For its price, I think this is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Gr4nt

i have combo of oily and dry skin. i dried mostly around my eye area. This product does what it claims. Its a liquid form which is easy to blend and really help to correct any discolouration. For price wise, abit on the pricy side for a drugstore product. I would have prefer a pump as i open the cap, the product would leaked out easily and caused a mess. But other than the packaging, everything else is excellent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is more a 3.5 star than 4. I bought this because of the great reviews and while most of the raves are true - evens out skintone, hides a multitude of sins while looking natural - it's far from HG for me cos of the shades.

I'm NC25 and I bought 32 Light Beige. It turned out to be a tad too dark and gave my skin a slight orange tint. It's not that noticeable at a passing glance but I realise that compared to my Kate Powderless Cover OC-C (which by far gives the best match), it makes me look even sallower (as if that's possible, as I'm Chinese and have very yellow undertones!) Anything that comes in only 3 shades should really be able to meld in more with more complexion types. This one is pretty unforgiving.

Also under Singapore's humidity, it feels a little sticky so it probably wouldn't work for oily skin types. In short, get this only if you're fine with the dewy look and can find a shade that works for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by florator14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got very oily skin with plenty of acnes and I wanted something to cover my imperfections. On the one hand this cc cream is good because it is full coverage highly pigmented. I only need a little bit of concealer to hide my blemishes after using it. On the other hand because of my oily skin it didn't perform well at keeping me matte. Actually my skin was shiny and oily in less than an hour. It provides a great coverage both on my blemishes and under eye area. However, I wouldn't purchase it again due to the oily look. It can be good for someone who has normal or dry skin, and I would highly recommend it, but not for anyone with oily or combinated skin like me. I applied it along with 2 mattifying powders, and i oiled out. I can say some good things about this cc cream as well. It is very blendable and easy to work with. There are several shades and it was easy for me to find the one that fits me. It's always a huge problem when choosing a foundation. It smells very good and didn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As many before me, I learned of this product through my hero Lisa Eldridge, who can do no wrong in my eyes. So I will admit to being biased. Luckily, I can stand by my opinion, because I LOVE this cc cream.
This is what I've learned by using this product for the last 6 months:

- The consistency is very thin and runny and I apply with fingers. Once I used my Sigma f80 and it looked HORRIBLE. Since I have fairly good skin with minor acne scars, I don't need more than one thin layer anyway. I noticed Lisa rubbing it onto her face, which doesn't work for me either. I achieve the best result by applying 1 thin layer with my fingers, starting in the centre of my face and gently spreading it out towards my cheeks. I follow up with spot concealing (Lisa calls it "photoshopping", which gives an infinitely better result than 1 or multiple thick layers)
- Like Lisa, I avoid spreading the cc cream onto my under eye circles. Not sure why she does that, I however noticed this cc cream doesn't play well with my Clinique airbrush concealer. Mixing both products tend to cause creasing on me.
- I use rose beige in winter and bronze in summer. I find rose beige pulling slightly pink on me (maybe that's why they called it rose?) but it looks good after it settles.
- I have dehydrated, acne-prone skin and this never broke me out, thank heavens.
- the finish is satin on me, so I only need to powder my t-zone and blot twice during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by trixie_trade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this for daily use, light coverage. Feels great on my skin with just a little powder dusted over my t-zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Eddasif

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! I use it daily with a setting powder and concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Okay. I really like this one. I was previously using MAC's Prep + Prime CC cream but decided to stop because it didn't do my skin very good. It dried up quickly and made my skin a bit flaky; especially around the nose and made me shine around my T-zone; so I knew it was time to go get me another brand of cc cream. At first I went to the counter and tried it on my hand. It went on smoothly and it smelled pleasant. I took it outside to see if it went grey under the sun, considering it had SPF in it but it was unnoticeable and it practically vanished on my skin, as if I wasn't wearing anything at all. But I didn't immediately buy it because I was a bit iffy about the price being so affordable (around $17) and was afraid it being so cheap would mean that the ingredients could jeopardize my skin, cause me breakouts or what have you. But a few days later I decided to give it a go and it's been a week and I LOVE IT. - Goes on smoothly - Brightens up my face - Makes me look like I had a ton of sleep the night before - Smells nice - Does not dry up my face - Stays put all day - Does not transfer - Does not get oily (MAC's cc cream did) - Photographs well - I set it with Mac's Studio Care Blend and it looks flawless - No breakouts I will repurchase. In fact, I'm thinking of buying two more to stock up. I'm nearly one year foundation-free ever since CC creams came out and I couldn't be more happy about my switch.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Loueze245

I wanted to love this.... I normally use dior tinted moisturiser but ze bank balance isn't permitting at the moment so grabbed this on a 3 for 2 offer. Initially I thought great, glides on and no mess even when smearing it on at 5:30 am with my eyes half closed but after a few hours I felt a bit sheeny and a film had created on top of it. Looking in the mirror I had flaky areas not normally seen in conjunction with a nice greasy forehead. Now I'm combination skin nowadays so appreciate it can't entirely be blamed on this product but the final straw came when I developed tiny bumps on my forehead that I'm still trying to sort but easing since stopping this.
Overall.....ace if it's works for you, sadly my skin is having a tantrum with this. Packaging ok, price great on 3 for 2s and colours are pretty good but some oxidisation as the day went on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by kategrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It looks like skin. I have quite dull skin and when I apply this with a beauty blender (a dupe from topshop) it really corrects all my discolouration and brightens up my face. But not by making it a really luminous and dewy, it has a semi matte/skin like/velvety finnish so for an oily gal it does me well. I really cannot detect this CC cream, I have gone under intense lights with a magnifying mirror. I feel like this cc ream doesn't give much coverage but it really does correct well (which is what it promises). So I am very very happy with this product, I cannot believe that it is drugstore, it feel like the quality of the channel foundations and kinda has the same scent to them as well.