April 19, 2014 | 1341 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon The Naked Truth

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by rose1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not repurchase this palette. All the colors are nice, but not as pigmented and I am especially unhappy with the crease color (bottom). It has gold flakes that do not even attempt to stick to your eyelid - instead they fall straight to your cheeks and good luck getting that shimmer off.

I was excited about the base color as it is yellowish and I thought it would correct some of the red in my lids, but it is too sheer. The eyelid color which is one of those great browns that are not reddish that Wet N Wild does so well is too sheer. I was also interested in the slightly greenish highlight color, but it does not really show up.

Here is my take on the colors:
Browbone: Bone white that leans toward grey/green. Shimmer. Sheer coverage
Base: Yellowish nude color. Matte. Not pigmented
Definer: Dark purplish brown. Matte. Good for subtle applications as it is rather sheer for so dark a color.
Eyelid: greyish (not red or yellow) taupe with shimmer. Nice color, sheer coverage.
Crease: Soft golden brown color. Large Sparkle Flecks (Matte on lids due to fallout). Sheer color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Chalky as all getout. SO disappointing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Deadgirlnextdoor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use a lot of Wet n' Wild shadows, and I wasn't all that impressed with this palette. Most of the shadows are very chalky and the crease color especially has a lot of fallout. All but the definer color lack pigment and I needed to continuously pack it on for them to even show (which just created more fallout). The only thing that makes this palette worth purchasing is the definer, it's a great matte brown for the price and blends very well. I use it pretty frequently as a crease color in earth tone and neutral looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use a lot of WnW eyeshadows. I like this palette as much as I like all my others. I have no problems with pigmentation or longevity but then again, I wear an eyeshadow primer, too. I love the eyelid shade, it's my favorite because it seems like a greyish brown and goes with a lot of looks. I really only use that and the definer color mostly but the others are quite nice. Dirt cheap so even if I only use those two colors it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by MandyLynn90

There okay!!! I was kinda disappointed bc I have some of the three pallet color icons and there colors are so pigmented but these in naked truth weren't so much but still are okay for the cheap price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect nude look! I like that these are not as shimmery as the 3 and 8-pans and much more subtle in color. So with that said, not as much color payoff but I like how these look more soft and just add enough enhancement to your eyes. This palette has matte and shimmery shades and they all coordinate to mix and match so well:)

It's a great addition if you are wanting a natural no-make look. I feel so polished but understated:)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was a very disappointing purchase. The singles, 3 pan, and 8 pan palettes are creamy and blendable. The shadows in this palette are dry and chalky. The only good shadow is the definer color, which is a very rich, cool toned dark brown. The base shade is soft and okay. The three other shades are all pretty bad. The crease shade gives off hardly any pigment, with a lot of chunky glitter. The browbone shade is powdery and chalky. Overall, very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

save your money. super chalky. hard to blend. nothing like the old coloricon shadows. I got it for $3 and i still returned it. so that should tell you something. .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I agree with the others. This is disappointing to say the least. It lacks pigmentation and longevity on my lids. The colors are gorgeous though in the palette. You get a base shade and highlighter shade, along with a definer shade. The lid shade is close to the brown taupe shade in the Comfort Zone palette. A primer helps a bit, but the colors still don't have much depth to them. I will keep playing with it and may have to try them wet. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the other reviews. These are not as good as WNW's singles or trios. The quality and pigment are somewhat lacking in comparison. But it's not a terrible palette either. Just kind of average.