July 25, 2014 | 1302 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Jaliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have humungous pores on my nose and this is perfect for them. I hardly use it on the rest of my face as it can be a bit sensitive. After using this on my nose it's smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With me having oily and acne prone skin, I used this for about a month now and still see now results. I'm very disappointed as my pores still look huge and gross. I don't recommend to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Alexpalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product didnt work very nice with me.. ; _ ; I dont know if its my combonation skin, but i just found it so over drying! Id use it before bed WITH snail cream (which is the most moisturizing moisturizer I have.) and i woke up the next morning with a super dry face! My pores were bad at the time I used it and i noticed it just made them worse!

Not only that, but every time I rinsed with it I always (ALWAYS) got it in my eyes! It hurt like heck! Over time, I realized that if you have large pores and combo/oily skin, a nice morning routine with a gentle peel and a moisturizer (thats not oily) works nicely at making pores tiny. mine are a lot tininer since Ive just stuck with something thats not so drying on my face. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ1973

Despite being unable to use this product in my teens and early 20's, I decided to give it another try now years later..and to my surprise it is wonderful! The glycolic acid was far too harsh for my sensitive acne prone skin 10 or 20 years ago (made my face itch and burn), but now I am in love with this product! Love how my skin feels tighter and pores are noticeably smaller! I am so pleased that I decided to try this product once again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by stephdev

This has destroyed my skin! My skin was clear for over one year. I used this for one week and now have HUGE painful pimples. A coworker litlerally asked me "what wrong with your face?" because nobody has seen me with such bad skin! I thought this could be a good preventative step for wrinkles but I may be scarred forever from this crappy product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ofw123

this cleanser dries up my skin and it made my pores bigger, and the micro beads keep getting in my eyes no matter how careful i am with it. if you have big pores and you expect this cleanser to do something about it, it's not going to work.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by HeidiML

I wanted a new skin care routine, something to help with pore cleansing/reduction. I've been using this for about a month now along with the matching Toner and have had average to good results. It's not the most spectacular cleanser I've ever used, but it's not the most useless either. I do like the microbeads. Directions say to wet your face first before using and that does keep the beads from being a little too harsh. Other reviewers have mentioned that this stuff stings if it gets into the eyes and they are so right - ouch! It's hard to avoid the eye area when rinsing a cleanser off - if there was a single reason I wouldn't buy this product again it would have to be the eye irritation. A facial cleanser should NOT sting the eyes like this simply from the splash of washing it off.

I'm very routined about washing/toning my face morning and night - and honestly, with any decent cleanser and toner this 2x day routine should lend pretty good results - therefore I"m looking for some "great" results and while I like this product, I certainly won't panic if it's not on the shelf.

Because I bought the Toner and this wash at the same time and have been using them together, I can't honestly say if the decent results I'm seeing are from the Toner or the wash. Out of the two, I'd have to give the Toner higher marks.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ngirl292

I hated this product. Okay, I'll say the first week went pretty well, and it cleared up, what - one pimple? Then, my skin got irritated. I felt myself scratching at it often, and my skin was very dry after it. Oil built up everywhere and I just stopped using this product instantly. The microbeads hurt my skin and left scratches sometimes (my skin is not sensitive), and I found my face extremely oily and got more and more pimples. So, the second week I had only used hardly any of the product and I just got rid of it. It smelled bad, it worked horribly. The pricing wasn't so great either where I bought it but the packaging was good. I would not reccomend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser along with the toner and used it for about 2 weeks. I love the toner (it actually does what it says it does), but the cleanser just made my skin oilier and didn't refine my pores. I didn't have results with the toner until I started using it with St. Ives medicated apricot scrub.

I ended up putting it in a drawer and pulled it out every now and then to try it to see if I can make it work, but every time, it turns my face into an oil slick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I was looking for a gentle scrub, and purchased this by recommendation on beautypedia.com, which I am a subscriber of.

I like that this is a scrub that has round, gentle ex-foliating plastic beads, as apposed to some scrubs where are too rough. However, I just wished there was a higher ratio of the beads. This scrub is gentle enough that I could use it daily, although I usually don't. So, if you are looking for gentle ex-foliation for daily use, this is a good option.

This product contains AHA & BHAs - chemical exfoliants - as well. This wounds like a good idea, but I have read that using them in cleansers doesn't do much, since it doesn't have time to penetrate the skin. For this reason, I try to leave this on my skin for as long as I can stand, gently massaging in a circular motion. I try for 3 minuets if I can stand it. I don't know it that makes much of a difference, but that's just what I do.

Because of the ingredients, this is something you need to keep away form the eyes or it will sting and burn. So, DO NOT USE THIS FOR MAKEUP REMOVAL! Be sure to remove all make up before using this. It does not foam, so it isn't good at that anyways. Remove all make up and wash your face first. For me the easiest way to do this is to remove my make up at night and cleanse with a foaming cleanser, then use this in the AM in the shower. It makes my skin soft and ready for make up application. It does not foam, so if you have stuff on your face already, it won't do much to cleanse. Sometimes I mix a pea sized amount of my regular cleaner too add some foaminess to it.

I like that this does not have extra stuff you don't need, like dyes or fragrance. I really appreciate Neutrogena for that.

Price: $8 or so, so it's a little pricey, not outrageous, but I think I could find something that works just as well for less.

Packaging: No fuss simple tube. It dispenses easily and does not collect water in the shower. It's not that pretty, but it works. Neutrogena is a very practical lines, so I have come to expect good quality/simple packaging from them.

Claims: I say it does exactly what it said it would - provides gentle exfoliation and improves the appearance of the skin. I think the added AHA & BHA is unnecessary, but it doesn't hurt. I just think it drives up the price more then it needs to be.

I said I wouldn't buy it again, however, because I am looking for something that does more scrubbing. And at this price, I would really like it to do more for me. However, I would still recommend to anyone in the market for a gentle scrub.

Update: I just tried the St Ives Green Tea Scrub, and I am loving it much more then this! It has the same small granules but they are much more dense and for me it is much more effective.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No