Estee Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal EyeLiner - Blackened Cocoa

1.9

on 3/2/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used this for the first time today and I really wish I hadn't. Initially when I applied the product I was impressed. It is creamy, smooth and beautifully pigmented, and accentuated my eyes nicely. However, it seems that this eyeliner smears at the smallest touch, leaving me walking around with ridiculous panda eyes for hours before I noticed. When I finally got a look at myself in the mirror I was so horribly embarrassed. I do usually have a little bit of smearing with my regular liner (Revlon Color stay) as I sometimes rub my eyes - although that is nothing compared to this. As an added smack in the face it is an absolute bitch to get off, even with eye makeup remover. Thumbs down from me. Save your money and invest in another eyeliner.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

No staying power! It smears within 30 minutes. I got two samples as a gift with a purchase. I would never, ever buy these pencils. I could get better liner at the 99 Store.

on 9/12/2014 9:44:00 PM

01 Blackened Black. I think the packaging (pencil itself) is classy, beautiful. Not horribly expensive. I love that it is VERY soft, so I don`t even feel it when I apply it on my waterline. But yes, it doesn`t stay on too long. For me, it stayed on several hours though, but I was at a movie shoot and they also applied black eyeliner on the top lid, and this pencil on my waterline and under the lashes, so stayed on several hours but what would it do completely alone, I have to update on that. I think go to the EL counter, put it on, and walk around and see. Worth a try...

I must be the only person that likes these eye pencils! I have them in Blackened Sapphire - a beautiful blue, darker than Royal blue but not quite as dark as navy and stunning with brown eyes - as well as Blackened Cocoa - dark brown and Blackened ... well, Black - plain old black. They are the perfect consistency for the lid AND the waterline and on me stay put and don't smudge. They hardly ever need sharpening so the high price seems a bit more reasonable to me. I have some gorgeous-looking Mally eye pencils that are expensive, as soft as hell, forever need sharpening and I lose loads in the process. I know which ones I prefer.

I got this in a set and decided to give it a try. I have it in 01 blackened black and hate it. I wear liquid eyeliner in a casual wing and put pencil on my bottom waterline (I do not like the look of liquid on the bottom of the eye.) However, whenever I attempt to wear this pencil, within the first two hours I look like a panda because it slides off under my eye, ruining my look. :(

this eyeliner is horrble. If you loves the panda look, go and get it. Otherwise save your money! A 2 dollar kajal from the drugstore would definitely work better than this!

on 1/28/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Save your money and do not buy this product. I had thought that price = quality, but that does not apply here. The pencil is $22 and the required sharpener is an extra $8 (why my "Packaging" rating is so low - because the packaging does not include everything).

Less than an hour after applying a thin line to my upper eyelid, the color smears down below my eye every time. I do have oily eyelids, but there are other (cheaper) eyeliner pencils that smear much less on me. So if you have very dry eyelids and never have any problem with your eyeliner smearing, maybe this product will work for you. Maybe.