October 21, 2014 | 1946 users online

Pressed Powders - TheFACEShop - FACE it Oil Cut Pore Powder Pact

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've noticed that the other reviewers don't like this product as much because of how flat/powdery this can look. Which is I barely touch the puff to the powder before I apply it and also diffuse it with a powder brush. And I always add a highlighter afterwards.

It does keep my oily T-zone matte for 5-6 hours, which is my typicaly lecture day. I wouldn't re-buy it since Maybelline Dream Matte is much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sydneysz

When I first applied this to my oily T-zone, my skin was instantly matte. It made my skin look flat, which isn't very flattering. However, as the day went on and my skin produces its natural oils, a radiant dewiness forms that never gets out of hand.

Alongside the perfect dewiness is the pore coverage.This pact covers up my very large pores quite well, even without a pore-minimizing primer. It hasn't clogged my pores and caused breakouts or black/whiteheads, and I have tested this product out for two months now.

The packaging isn't very slim, but it's sleek and well designed. The powder is separated from the mirror and the soft puff by a plastic lid overtop, which is unique and quite ingenious.

This powder lasts all day, even on hot days, and it really does wonders to keep your oils under control and actually makes them work FOR your skin, not against it. This product retails at $21 CAD, but for the packaging and the quality of the formula, I really recommend this product :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I bought this pressed powder on a whim without reading many reviews on it, since The Face Shop was having a sale. It's a nice powder that sets my makeup nicely, but I wouldn't say it does much to keep my oils under control. In all honesty, I think the Rimmel Stay Matte powder does more for me in that department. I typically use the Oil Cut powder if I'm having a short day where I won't be out for long for that reason.

I really like the sleek packaging, and how the inside of the compact has a plastic divider so that the powder puff doesn't sit directly on top of the product. It is quite expensive at over $20, so I would not repurchase since I have found cheaper powders that actually control my oils.