October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Milk

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very dry, sensitive skin with rosacea. I've had great luck with the oil but this "milk" is a mess! It does not absorb at all and is very sticky. It's terrible under makeup, I'm not sure why I bothered. If you want to try this, go to Sephora and try it. The oil is more worthy of your time and money. Also, the dropper in the bottle is the biggest pain!! Total waste, bummer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

You will like this if you have normalish skin and want to use argan oil but do not want an oil slick across your face. It has a nice finish.
I bought this because I have really dehydrated and dry skin to use in addition to the oil. I thought the glycerin in it would plump and repair my dehydrated skin and then a few drops of the oil on top for extra moisturization would help with my dryness. Did this for a month and although it felt nice, it wasn't enough for me.
I bought the milk from Josie's site for $56. As soon as I purchased it, she sent me a nice coupon to buy more products.
For $56 that lasts for around 1 month, I was hoping for better results. It is a nice product, just too expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by xokatana

The name is pure genius I would recommend it to anyone looking to toss their serum for a product that your skin simply drinks up leaving zero oily residue, just pure moisture, feeling soft and looking delicious with no discoloration, just like milk. Josie Maran is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

First of all I wanted to say beware of purchasing this item on Amazon. I got something other than Argan Milk in a bottle. Probably fake. The real stuff is slightly yellowish in color and not thick at all. I purchased another bottle at Sephora and couldn't be happier. This works great on dehydrated sensitive mature skin! New HG!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really liking this. I haven't been impressed with other argan oil products, but Josie Maran has managed to make several of them that I love. I love the texture of this...it's not heavy, oily or greasy, but very moisturizing. It sinks right in to my skin, and this summer, I haven't had to use another moisturizer on top. My skin has gotten smoother, pores less noticeable, and wrinkles have minimized. I've noticed no blemishes whatsoever, and my skin looks plumped and smooth. I was so impressed, I went out and purchased the Josie Maran serum foundation and light argan oil. I can see this working for any skin type...don't be afraid if you are oily. This doesn't sit on the skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and it only lasted me about a week with nightly usage. I prefer this as my nighttime moisturizer. It leaves my skin beautifully hydrated and feels so nice in the morning. I tried using this in the daytime (I have dry skin) and it was just a bit too oily/dewy for me. I would LOVE to purchase this again, but since the price point is a little steep ($56) I don't think I will. But I will definitely add this to my wish list.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. The ingredient list is so simple--it's mostly argan oil and glycerine. Basically, there is nothing here to irritate. So many oils seem to have citrus oils, which people find appealing as scents, but are a major irritant. This is relatively pure and simple and my skin finds it so soothing. Like other reviewers I layer this under moisturizer. During the winter I use this every day under my day cream. In summer, I use it whenever my skin starts to feel tight and around my eyes during allergy season. My fine lines disappear and my skin clears up. I never want to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I join the ranks of those praising this product. I had been using Josie Maran Argan Oil (the original formula) for the last couple of years as my skin has gotten progressively drier as I progress through perimenopause. I didn't try the Light version because I felt it would not be as hydrating as I need for my now very sensitive, dry skin. The Argan Milk feels wonderful on the skin - so soothing and hydrating. It penetrates the skin very quickly and it's great to layer under a moisturizer - I find that layering this way makes my moisturizer work even better and keeps my skin hydrated longer during the day under makeup. Even if you're using the Argan Oil, this product is a great add-on. I have had no reactions or blemishes while using the Argan Milk. In fact, I recently tested a high-end night cream whose fragrance made my skin turn red and irritated. I used the Argan Milk after washing the offending night cream off my face and within minutes, my skin was calmed, soothed and relieved. Very good product that I would recommend to anyone.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Mrright1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mother introduced me to Josie's products. She has beautiful skin and if she gives it a thumbs up, it is always a good product. I still have some cystic acne, was worried the milk would break me out. It has never given me so much as a blemish. Leaves my skin soft and glowing, never greasy. I admit, when I first saw Josie on QVC I was like "Oh no, another argan product" I love, love her products. All of them are awesome, not just the milk. Happy I took mom's advice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yesterday I had a flaming rosacea flushing incident that seemed to have been triggered by going from cold to hot temperatures, and then having a highly perfumed department store SA test oil-free foundations on my face. I wandered into Sephora and saw a bottle of this lit up on a high shelf like the Holy Grail. It looked so soothing. I reached for it. Felt silky on my hand. No fragrance. I applied a generous amount right over the makeup. It felt lovely and breathable, not greasy. (Yes, I still live in fear of moisturizers at my advanced age.) By the time I had walked to the car, my skin was calm and the combination of Argan Milk and Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid looked good! Yes, I think I'm going to have to buy it.

EDIT 10/20/14: Well, it was early spring when I wrote the above. I didn't buy Argan Milk in the spring or summer because I live in a humid climate, and any moisturizer virtually guarantees breakouts when it's hot. With the weather turning cool, I decided to spring for it. It moisturizes without irritation or heaviness, and basically makes my skin feel great.

The price is kind of outrageous,though! I would love to see Josie put it in a larger bottle without raising the price. Maybe a well-controlled pump bottle, too...

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No