August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and it only lasted me about a week with nightly usage. I prefer this as my nighttime moisturizer. It leaves my skin beautifully hydrated and feels so nice in the morning. I tried using this in the daytime (I have dry skin) and it was just a bit too oily/dewy for me. I would LOVE to purchase this again, but since the price point is a little steep ($56) I don't think I will. But I will definitely add this to my wish list.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. The ingredient list is so simple--it's mostly argan oil and glycerine. Basically, there is nothing here to irritate. So many oils seem to have citrus oils, which people find appealing as scents, but are a major irritant. This is relatively pure and simple and my skin finds it so soothing. Like other reviewers I layer this under moisturizer. During the winter I use this every day under my day cream. In summer, I use it whenever my skin starts to feel tight and around my eyes during allergy season. My fine lines disappear and my skin clears up. I never want to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I join the ranks of those praising this product. I had been using Josie Maran Argan Oil (the original formula) for the last couple of years as my skin has gotten progressively drier as I progress through perimenopause. I didn't try the Light version because I felt it would not be as hydrating as I need for my now very sensitive, dry skin. The Argan Milk feels wonderful on the skin - so soothing and hydrating. It penetrates the skin very quickly and it's great to layer under a moisturizer - I find that layering this way makes my moisturizer work even better and keeps my skin hydrated longer during the day under makeup. Even if you're using the Argan Oil, this product is a great add-on. I have had no reactions or blemishes while using the Argan Milk. In fact, I recently tested a high-end night cream whose fragrance made my skin turn red and irritated. I used the Argan Milk after washing the offending night cream off my face and within minutes, my skin was calmed, soothed and relieved. Very good product that I would recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Mrright1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mother introduced me to Josie's products. She has beautiful skin and if she gives it a thumbs up, it is always a good product. I still have some cystic acne, was worried the milk would break me out. It has never given me so much as a blemish. Leaves my skin soft and glowing, never greasy. I admit, when I first saw Josie on QVC I was like "Oh no, another argan product" I love, love her products. All of them are awesome, not just the milk. Happy I took mom's advice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yesterday I had a flaming rosacea flushing incident that seemed to have been triggered by going from cold to hot temperatures, and then having a highly perfumed department store SA test oil-free foundations on my face. I wandered into Sephora and saw a bottle of this lit up on a high shelf like the Holy Grail. It looked so soothing. I reached for it. Felt silky on my hand. No fragrance. I applied a generous amount right over the makeup. It felt lovely and breathable, not greasy. (Yes, I still live in fear of moisturizers at my advanced age.) By the time I had walked to the car, my skin was calm and the combination of Argan Milk and Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid looked good! Yes, I think I'm gong to have to buy it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ChristineSimpson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this product while looking for a good serum for day and night. This is not technically a serum but works the same way, it goes on fresh clean skin, absorbs quickly readying you for moisturizer and makeup. Unlike Argan oil, Argan milk is broken down to create a silky, milk-like texture that leaves no oily residue and absorbs right away. This truly gives my skin the perfect balance of a smooth healthy glow! It's similar to the glow you get when you drink a TON of water or are hooked up to an IV. I know that's a strange comparison but it really moisturizes the perfect amount, plumping skin making it look younger and more even. I'm very selective with products because I'm all too aware of the placebo effect and simply seeing what you want to see. This product shows results and makes you wish you had it all along. I wear during the day before eye cream (sometimes mixing day cream into my foundation) and night before night cream. HG serum!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Literally the best moisturizer I've found for my über sensitive and dry skin! And what a fresh and dewy look it gives my skin! I'm totally hooked and would recommend it in a heartbeat

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Cosmaniac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin has been super dry and sensitive this winter. Piling on thick moisturizers left me with small breakouts (which never happens) and almost drier skin. I thought that I would have to just sacrifice a few breakouts in order to have moderately moisturized skin.

I saw this Argan Milk at my local Sephora. My skin reacted very well the Light Argan oil from the same brand, but I needed something a little creamier to wear under makeup. Thought I would give this a try. I can honestly say that this saved my skin this winter. After cleansing my skin, and toning with a hydrating toner (Caudalie Moisturizing Toner or simple rose water) I put 3-4 drops of this on and top with a few drops of Light Argan on my cheeks and under eyes.

It has been a month and I have yet to breakout. My skin's moisture has evened out and I look like myself again. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jennayfuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am really enjoying this product!

Claims:

Imagine the nourishing, hydrating benefits to your skin if oil and water could mix. No need to imagine, because now there's Josie's Pure Argan Milk, a revolutionary formula that pairs the deep hydration of purified water with skin-rejuvenating micro-droplets of Josie's 100% Pure Argan Oil. Lightweight yet super-intensive, Pure Argan Milk penetrates deeply and absorbs quickly to fortify and repair skin at the cellular level -- for instant, long -lasting hydration that produces a fresh, radiant glow. Dermatologist tested, emulsifier-free, and 100% natural, Pure Argan Milk is ideal for all skin types, especially severely dry and sensitive.
(From the box)

My Skin:

I have normal skin with redness in the cheek area that reacts to extreme temperature change and certain triggers. I am more normal/oily in the summer and more normal/dry in winter. Although I am an avid water drinker, my skin is dehydrated and can produce hormonal related breakouts on my chin every month. My skin is pretty sensitive; alcohol, fragrance, and over exfoliation can cause annoying reactions.
I am an esthetician and have been for years now.

The Product:

I want to first say that the packaging is mildly annoying. The bottle is glass and feels heavy, and is shaped like a teardrop. The opening into the bottle is very snug so the dropper is hard to get back in the bottle without having the Milk run over the side, ultimately wasting product.
The milk itself is thicker than you would imagine something called "Milk" would be, but it is still runny. I quite like the texture.
I apply this morning and evening before my moisturizer, all over my face and around my eye area as well. It feels very soothing and does offer a good dose of hydration. It is winter now so I do need a thicker moisturizer on top but come summer I think this alone will suffice.
Some people are saying this is a waste of money due to the Argan Oil being "watered down" but I disagree. I think this is a great option for people wanting the benefits of using an oil but may want something lighter. This sinks in within a few minutes and has really helped with the winter flakes. I love to use this after doing a chemical peel as it helps calm any redness and reduce skin peeling.
This is only 1oz. which makes it quite expensive but I will be repurchasing when I run out.
I purchased this about a month ago and have used about 1/8th of the bottle (using five drops at night and four in the morning.)
I can detect a slight nutty smell but it is faint. There is no added fragrance in the ingredients list.

Ingredients:

Aqua, Argania Spinose Kernal Oil (organic), Propanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phosphatidylglyceryl, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Jana143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product from Sephora about a week ago. i have been using it morning and night: 3 drops in the morning and 5-6 at night, and absoultely love it. Before this, I tried a sample of the Argan Oil Light and found it way too oily for me. I have combination skin: dry on jaw, and around the mouth, and oily in in my T-zone and on the sides of my face. The Argan Milk is seriously awesome and light enough to wear everyday. It doesn't get too greasy and gives my face such a nice glow. Sometimes I put Aveeno Daily Lotion with SPF 15 over it and other times (like today) I just put the Milk on and love it. The only downside of this is the price - it's about $10 more than the Argan Oil Light but overall, I will definitely be re-purchasing this and would recommend it to everyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No