Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk

4.3

Aqua, Argania Spinose Kernal Oil (organic), Propanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phosphatidylglyceryl, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The original didn't work for me (too heavy, didn't see a difference in skin or hair) but I love this version. It leaves me so hydrated and my skin just drinks it right up. Its a milky lotion texture, has no scent, comes with a hygienic droplet dispenser, doesn't irritate or break out my acne prone super sensitive skin. I haven't tried it anywhere but my face so can't comment on that. Def would repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Love, love, love this product! Up to now, I have not been using the "holy grail" term because I thought that it was too dramatic. But now I've met my Holy Grail facial care product!

I have combination skin with dry cheeks. It's easy to find products to control my oily t-zone. But the challenge lies in my dry cheeks.

I tried Josie Maran's argan milk product on my cheeks when another line discontinued my hydrating serum. Up to that point, I was happy with using that other serum under my moisturizer.

But this milk product blows that other serum out of the water! My cheeks now have a healthy, dewy and not-greasy look when I leave them bare without make-up during the day. And the product still works overnight and during other days under make-up.

Here are a few tips in response to some negative comments. You only need a few drops that you PAT onto your skin. Don't waste money by trying to use alot and spread it. It's one of those products that doesn't spread well.

Second, I always use moisturizer over this serum since it has a very slight tacky feel that helps to grab the moisturizer. But I save money on my high-end moisturizers because I need to use less product over the serum! Enjoy this milk serum!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My Skin:
I have combination skin. Overall it is fairly normal, but my chin and t zone tend to get oily. I get hormonal acne (perks of being 16), that usually gets flaky during the winter. I know that is super gross, but my biggest skin issue!

My Review:
First of all, I definitely like this more than Josie Maran Argan Oil. Mainly because it feels far lease greasy on the skin. So between these two I would buy the Argan Milk because selling a kidney to be able to afford both is not really an option. The Argan milk did not cause my skin to break out, which was great. But it didn't really do anything either. I found that the product doesn't last long at all (I used two drops ONLY at night!) And its already gone after a month! Overall, I think that this is just ok, and I probably wouldn't buy it again for $70! But if you were wanting to try one of Josie Marans products I would recommend her Argan Infinity lip and cheek tint in Everlasting Honey!

I received a deluxe sample size of this argan milk in the Josie Maran 500 point perk from Sephora. I have never tried any of Josie Maran's products and thought this would be a great way to try out her products.

This argan milk has a milky consistency. It's a bit thicker than actual milk but still rather liquid-y. It's not greasy and feels nice when applied to the skin. I find it does an OK job in moisturizing my skin but it's definitely NOT intensely hydrating as it claims to be. I have dry/normal skin and I don't find that it's hydrating enough (especially in the winter). You need to use quite a bit of this product or it won't really "spread" very easily and feels kinda tacky. I also noticed that the milk just sits on top of the skin and doesn't actually absorb in.

I have hyper-sensitve skin and this argan milk made my face feel itchy after about 5 mins post application.

It has a faint nutty scent to it. It's light though and doesn't really bother me.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this product.

Quite pricey too $70 (30ml). I will not be purchasing the full size but I'm glad i got to try this out.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So far, so good! I am 57 and have been watching Josie Maran for years. After all the rave reviews on various sites, I decided to bite the bullet and order MILK Intensive Hydrating Treatment serum from the Maran website.

I've had MILK for a few weeks now and love it! The consistency is wonderful, It is not greasy and has no smell. My face appears much brighter and love the way my face feels.

I bought a small sample size of this from Sephora for $20.00. This is a very overpriced serum, and I am glad that I only wasted my money on a small size rather than the full size bottle. For reference, I have very dry skin on my cheeks and undereye area, and very oily nose and chin.

I found this to be oilier than expected and although left my skin moisturized, it also remained on my skin and did not really sink in, even overnight. I like it as an intensive hydrating treatment for when I have dry patches, I just do not see this being something I would continue to use on a daily basis. I just prefer regular argan oil rather than this blend of oil and other skin-beneficial ingredients. It is not a bad product at all, just not for me.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I heart many products in the Josie Maran line...go buy the cleansing oil right freaking now if you want to clear EVERY LAST sebaceous filament out of your face TODAY, for example. But it looks like I'm about the only one here who didn't care for the milk. I got the deluxe sample from Sephora (tiny mini bottle) on the basis of one the early reviews here. She sounds just like me. Insanely dry skin, very sensitive, red patches on my cheeks on either side of my nose that are always there to some extent and are triggered by temperature, alcohol, God knows what else. She said this calmed them right down. Mine? Mine burned pretty much on contact and continued to burn for the three hours I left it on (sometimes the patches make peace with the product after some time passes). That didn't happen any of the three times i tried it. I also was not overly thrilled about the texture....ever so slightly tacky. It's not cheap, at just under sixty clams for the full size, but if a product works for me, I have no problem paying what's being asked. For me, I wouldn't repurchase, but stop by a Sephora and ask them to decant a little for you. They will, and you can make sure it's not going to disagree with you. Her original Argan oil doesn't burn my face, so I guess I'm sticking with that. Too bad...this milk looks so luxurious in it's pretty bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so grateful to the makeupalley community for helping me discover this MAGICAL NECTOR FROM THE HEAVENS!!!!!!!
I have extremely cystic acne-prone skin that I have under control thanks to Acne.org's benzoyl peroxide, but my skin is INSANELY dry as a result! I have been using Josie Maran's light Argan oil to help counter some extreme BP induced flakiness, and it's helped immensely BUT WHEN I ADDED "MILK" I conquered the flakes completely!!! This has a unique texture that mixes in easily and can be doubled as an eye cream! It really seems to hold moisture in my skin and the texture is smoother as a result. I let my Mom (she's 50, with naturally dry skin) try this stuff and she was immediately hooked!!! It livened up her skin and lessened her wrinkles so quickly!!! I don't mind the packaging, just make sure to shake the product up and squeeze the dropper while in the bottle so you can always get a good dropper full. I cannot live without this marvelous product and will absolutely be repurchasing!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I purchased this from Sephora and I'm so disappointed. First off, this is NOT a "moisturizer" but rather a treatment to be applied prior to a moisturizer as some reviewers suggest. One positive, It's so light weight that I did not feel the product on my face, thus it it did not interfere with my makeup foundation. For me, using this "oil" is simply an added step (and expense) to my regular skin care routine. The dropper application is a huge misstep as the product is too thick (not runny) for a dropper.

I do not recommend this product for mature, dry skin as my face now seems and appears dryer after using for several days.

Might be good for younger skin that is oily or slightly dry. I note the average user age is 30's - 40's. Anyway it was a no go for me and I'll be returning to Sephora.

Way overpriced too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Argan oil and I get along swimmingly. We do best at the extremes: when it's freezing freakin' cold, or when I've gotten a bit too much sun. Times when my face is begging for more moisture than any man-made product, no matter how clever, seems to be able to deliver.

However, when I'm not afraid my face is just going to crack and flake off, argan oil can be a bit much. Enter Argan Milk, which is light and un-creamy and un-greasy. It is also highly emollient and absorbs really well and goes very nicely over serums, should you chose to use one. And it doesn't smell. I hate scented products. That's what actual perfumes are for. Rubbed on my face they're just irritants.

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products