Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk

4.6

Aqua, Argania Spinose Kernal Oil (organic), Propanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phosphatidylglyceryl, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid

on 2/5/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using the product for about a week now and love it! I was using EvanHealy products for the last year or so, alternating between the Blue and Rose serums, but I think I'm getting sensitized to some of the essential oils, causing some tightness, and dryness that seems to come from underneath the skin up. I was looking for something simple and gentle with very few ingredients. This Milk is such a treat. It instantly hydrates deep down making my skin seem like "normal" skin in a warm humid environment (as opposed to mature and sensitized skin in a parched environment). Flaky dryness- gone. Weird crinkled Saran Wrap texture next to my eyes-gone. Itchy burning on my neck-gone. I think the water mixed into the oil milk is what really makes it seem to sink I'm deeply. I love this product enough that I ordered a sample duo of the argan oil and argan oil light to try over the top as recommended.

I agree with other re packaging. The dropper bottle isn't the greatest. To much chance to knock it over and spill, too much chance of contamination from hands accidentally touching the ineffective dropper. I actually cleaned out one of the beautiful glass pump bottles from my evenhealy rose treatment serum, and decanted some of the Milk into that for travel this week. It worked great! Also a little spray of hydrosol followed by a few drops of JM Milk instantly combated airplane dehydration! (I might try that next time right as I get on the plane).

on 11/29/2014 10:16:00 AM

I absolutely love this form of argan oil. It soaks in quickly, and isn't nearly as messy as the regular oil or the cream. Two drops is enough to moisturize my face and neck. Doesn't break out my oily areas. Love it.

on 10/16/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have very dry, sensitive skin with rosacea. I've had great luck with the oil but this "milk" is a mess! It does not absorb at all and is very sticky. It's terrible under makeup, I'm not sure why I bothered. If you want to try this, go to Sephora and try it. The oil is more worthy of your time and money. Also, the dropper in the bottle is the biggest pain!! Total waste, bummer.

on 10/4/2014 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

You will like this if you have normalish skin and want to use argan oil but do not want an oil slick across your face. It has a nice finish.
I bought this because I have really dehydrated and dry skin to use in addition to the oil. I thought the glycerin in it would plump and repair my dehydrated skin and then a few drops of the oil on top for extra moisturization would help with my dryness. Did this for a month and although it felt nice, it wasn't enough for me.
I bought the milk from Josie's site for $56. As soon as I purchased it, she sent me a nice coupon to buy more products.
For $56 that lasts for around 1 month, I was hoping for better results. It is a nice product, just too expensive for what it is.

on 9/11/2014 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The name is pure genius I would recommend it to anyone looking to toss their serum for a product that your skin simply drinks up leaving zero oily residue, just pure moisture, feeling soft and looking delicious with no discoloration, just like milk. Josie Maran is amazing!

on 9/11/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all I wanted to say beware of purchasing this item on Amazon. I got something other than Argan Milk in a bottle. Probably fake. The real stuff is slightly yellowish in color and not thick at all. I purchased another bottle at Sephora and couldn't be happier. This works great on dehydrated sensitive mature skin! New HG!

on 9/4/2014 1:50:00 AM

I'm really liking this. I haven't been impressed with other argan oil products, but Josie Maran has managed to make several of them that I love. I love the texture of this...it's not heavy, oily or greasy, but very moisturizing. It sinks right in to my skin, and this summer, I haven't had to use another moisturizer on top. My skin has gotten smoother, pores less noticeable, and wrinkles have minimized. I've noticed no blemishes whatsoever, and my skin looks plumped and smooth. I was so impressed, I went out and purchased the Josie Maran serum foundation and light argan oil. I can see this working for any skin type...don't be afraid if you are oily. This doesn't sit on the skin at all.

ckb

on 7/13/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and it only lasted me about a week with nightly usage. I prefer this as my nighttime moisturizer. It leaves my skin beautifully hydrated and feels so nice in the morning. I tried using this in the daytime (I have dry skin) and it was just a bit too oily/dewy for me. I would LOVE to purchase this again, but since the price point is a little steep ($56) I don't think I will. But I will definitely add this to my wish list.

on 7/2/2014 9:32:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. The ingredient list is so simple--it's mostly argan oil and glycerine. Basically, there is nothing here to irritate. So many oils seem to have citrus oils, which people find appealing as scents, but are a major irritant. This is relatively pure and simple and my skin finds it so soothing. Like other reviewers I layer this under moisturizer. During the winter I use this every day under my day cream. In summer, I use it whenever my skin starts to feel tight and around my eyes during allergy season. My fine lines disappear and my skin clears up. I never want to be without it.

on 5/7/2014 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I join the ranks of those praising this product. I had been using Josie Maran Argan Oil (the original formula) for the last couple of years as my skin has gotten progressively drier as I progress through perimenopause. I didn't try the Light version because I felt it would not be as hydrating as I need for my now very sensitive, dry skin. The Argan Milk feels wonderful on the skin - so soothing and hydrating. It penetrates the skin very quickly and it's great to layer under a moisturizer - I find that layering this way makes my moisturizer work even better and keeps my skin hydrated longer during the day under makeup. Even if you're using the Argan Oil, this product is a great add-on. I have had no reactions or blemishes while using the Argan Milk. In fact, I recently tested a high-end night cream whose fragrance made my skin turn red and irritated. I used the Argan Milk after washing the offending night cream off my face and within minutes, my skin was calmed, soothed and relieved. Very good product that I would recommend to anyone.