Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk

4.3

Aqua, Argania Spinose Kernal Oil (organic), Propanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phosphatidylglyceryl, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid

on 8/1/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I heart many products in the Josie Maran line...go buy the cleansing oil right freaking now if you want to clear EVERY LAST sebaceous filament out of your face TODAY, for example. But it looks like I'm about the only one here who didn't care for the milk. I got the deluxe sample from Sephora (tiny mini bottle) on the basis of one the early reviews here. She sounds just like me. Insanely dry skin, very sensitive, red patches on my cheeks on either side of my nose that are always there to some extent and are triggered by temperature, alcohol, God knows what else. She said this calmed them right down. Mine? Mine burned pretty much on contact and continued to burn for the three hours I left it on (sometimes the patches make peace with the product after some time passes). That didn't happen any of the three times i tried it. I also was not overly thrilled about the texture....ever so slightly tacky. It's not cheap, at just under sixty clams for the full size, but if a product works for me, I have no problem paying what's being asked. For me, I wouldn't repurchase, but stop by a Sephora and ask them to decant a little for you. They will, and you can make sure it's not going to disagree with you. Her original Argan oil doesn't burn my face, so I guess I'm sticking with that. Too bad...this milk looks so luxurious in it's pretty bottle.

on 5/13/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so grateful to the makeupalley community for helping me discover this MAGICAL NECTOR FROM THE HEAVENS!!!!!!!
I have extremely cystic acne-prone skin that I have under control thanks to Acne.org's benzoyl peroxide, but my skin is INSANELY dry as a result! I have been using Josie Maran's light Argan oil to help counter some extreme BP induced flakiness, and it's helped immensely BUT WHEN I ADDED "MILK" I conquered the flakes completely!!! This has a unique texture that mixes in easily and can be doubled as an eye cream! It really seems to hold moisture in my skin and the texture is smoother as a result. I let my Mom (she's 50, with naturally dry skin) try this stuff and she was immediately hooked!!! It livened up her skin and lessened her wrinkles so quickly!!! I don't mind the packaging, just make sure to shake the product up and squeeze the dropper while in the bottle so you can always get a good dropper full. I cannot live without this marvelous product and will absolutely be repurchasing!!!!

on 5/9/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I purchased this from Sephora and I'm so disappointed. First off, this is NOT a "moisturizer" but rather a treatment to be applied prior to a moisturizer as some reviewers suggest. One positive, It's so light weight that I did not feel the product on my face, thus it it did not interfere with my makeup foundation. For me, using this "oil" is simply an added step (and expense) to my regular skin care routine. The dropper application is a huge misstep as the product is too thick (not runny) for a dropper.

I do not recommend this product for mature, dry skin as my face now seems and appears dryer after using for several days.

Might be good for younger skin that is oily or slightly dry. I note the average user age is 30's - 40's. Anyway it was a no go for me and I'll be returning to Sephora.

Way overpriced too!

on 4/28/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Argan oil and I get along swimmingly. We do best at the extremes: when it's freezing freakin' cold, or when I've gotten a bit too much sun. Times when my face is begging for more moisture than any man-made product, no matter how clever, seems to be able to deliver.

However, when I'm not afraid my face is just going to crack and flake off, argan oil can be a bit much. Enter Argan Milk, which is light and un-creamy and un-greasy. It is also highly emollient and absorbs really well and goes very nicely over serums, should you chose to use one. And it doesn't smell. I hate scented products. That's what actual perfumes are for. Rubbed on my face they're just irritants.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product it makes my skin so soft! Just a bit pricey for the small about.

on 2/27/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had such high hope that this would be my HG serum. I love most of Josie Maran's Argan oil line. (This line is the reason I started using Argan oil)

So as a serum it feel it is lacking. But as a moisturizer this is wonderful. I highly recommend those afraid of oil to try this product. Applies very smoothly and absorbs quickly into skin. Can be used in AM under makeup.

Packaging just blows. Dropper works horribly. I ended up storing the bottle upside down to use up the product.

I like it, but don't love it. Will I rebuy, maybe. However I still am on the search for my serum.

on 2/5/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using the product for about a week now and love it! I was using EvanHealy products for the last year or so, alternating between the Blue and Rose serums, but I think I'm getting sensitized to some of the essential oils, causing some tightness, and dryness that seems to come from underneath the skin up. I was looking for something simple and gentle with very few ingredients. This Milk is such a treat. It instantly hydrates deep down making my skin seem like "normal" skin in a warm humid environment (as opposed to mature and sensitized skin in a parched environment). Flaky dryness- gone. Weird crinkled Saran Wrap texture next to my eyes-gone. Itchy burning on my neck-gone. I think the water mixed into the oil milk is what really makes it seem to sink I'm deeply. I love this product enough that I ordered a sample duo of the argan oil and argan oil light to try over the top as recommended.

I agree with other re packaging. The dropper bottle isn't the greatest. To much chance to knock it over and spill, too much chance of contamination from hands accidentally touching the ineffective dropper. I actually cleaned out one of the beautiful glass pump bottles from my evenhealy rose treatment serum, and decanted some of the Milk into that for travel this week. It worked great! Also a little spray of hydrosol followed by a few drops of JM Milk instantly combated airplane dehydration! (I might try that next time right as I get on the plane).

on 11/29/2014 10:16:00 AM

I absolutely love this form of argan oil. It soaks in quickly, and isn't nearly as messy as the regular oil or the cream. Two drops is enough to moisturize my face and neck. Doesn't break out my oily areas. Love it.

on 10/16/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have very dry, sensitive skin with rosacea. I've had great luck with the oil but this "milk" is a mess! It does not absorb at all and is very sticky. It's terrible under makeup, I'm not sure why I bothered. If you want to try this, go to Sephora and try it. The oil is more worthy of your time and money. Also, the dropper in the bottle is the biggest pain!! Total waste, bummer.

on 10/4/2014 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

You will like this if you have normalish skin and want to use argan oil but do not want an oil slick across your face. It has a nice finish.
I bought this because I have really dehydrated and dry skin to use in addition to the oil. I thought the glycerin in it would plump and repair my dehydrated skin and then a few drops of the oil on top for extra moisturization would help with my dryness. Did this for a month and although it felt nice, it wasn't enough for me.
I bought the milk from Josie's site for $56. As soon as I purchased it, she sent me a nice coupon to buy more products.
For $56 that lasts for around 1 month, I was hoping for better results. It is a nice product, just too expensive for what it is.

Popular Moisturizers