Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment 4% BHA

Not tested on animals

Water, Butylene Glycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Dimethyl Isosorbide (solvent), Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine (antistatic agent), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid exfoliant), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (anti-irritant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borage Officinalis (Borage) Extract (antioxidant), Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract, Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract, Arctium Major (Burdock) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (anti-irritants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (non-fragrant plant oils/antioxidants), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 8/3/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great product and I never had a bad reaction from it, however I never used it on my face. I used it on my arms to try and get rid of Keratosis Pilaris (KP), but it didn't really do anything for it unfortunately. The product spread easily and do not get sticky. I just wish it would be really less expensive, I find that PC products are getting more and more and more expensive.

on 7/10/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I do not trust this product!!! I purchased this once in June 2014 and was using once to twice a week until June 2015 with no problems or skin irritation. Unfortunately something went bad? in the ingredients and I had the most awful skin allergy reaction in my entire life. I applied the product right before bed as usual with no other products and woke up with swollen, itchy, watery eyes and a red rash on the eyelids and under the eyes exactly where I did not place the product. My face was also swollen. At the time I did not even think it was the 4% since I had been using almost a year with no problem. All the symptoms take a week to clear and I use the product again and the second time the reaction was WORSE. I contacted Paula's Choice customer service and they tell me yes there are some people having this reaction and some of these reviews are also posted on their site under the product. Apparently they reformulated after I purchased but I will never use again. I still had a lot of product left and there is no expiration on the package. Paula's Choice tells me there products have a life of one year so just under one year my product went bad? I seriously believe I had a Salicylic Acid overdose. I am posting my review here because they never posted it on Paula's Choice.

on 6/19/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This seems to be a fairly unique product because of the higher concentration of BHA and the fact that it's a foam in a pump container instead of a gel or lotion. This is strong. It's 4% versus the 1% or 2% in her other BHA products. It's meant to be used only once a week for this reason. I found it to be an effective chemical exfoliant. However, it may be irritating to some skin types because of the higher concentration of beta hydroxy acid. In that case I would recommend the 2% gel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used this foam when I had bad breakouts - mostly whiteheads ALL over my face due to clogged pores. I think it helped to a certain extent. It's by no means a miracle product. I used this everyday (sometimes 2x in one day) and experienced no side effects - no flakes, no sting or dryness. I eventually stopped using it as I don't think over-exfoliating is a good thing despite no signs of irritation. I don't think my face likes it as the whiteheads problems keeps coming back on all over my face.
I don't exfoliate anymore these days and only got clogged pores on my chin. The rest of my face is even, only occasional pimples related to stress and period. I still got blackheads which I extract using a peel off mask and an extractor tool if necessary. I don't need to wear foundations anymore now and can get away with just a concealer on the acne marks. I don't repurchase it. It's not a HG for me.

on 6/7/2015 10:11:00 PM

This product works if you're after strong exfoliation. However, it was harsh on my skin and left me with tight, dried out cheeks and some peeling and redness. I just don't need a product that does that - but if I ever encountered a bad breakout this would be what I'd reach for as it would surely make quick work of it.

on 4/16/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Two weeks ago I was smack dab in the middle of a major eruption of angry skin. I had pimples, clogged pores, a cystic pimple and flesh colored bumps all over the place. Mind you, I'm 43 so my hormones could be to blame, but this was just ridiculous. My fave Mario Badescu toner was not helping, BP was not helping, retin-a was not helping. I've spent so much time on retinoids/retinols that my skin just does not like, and lets me know by having little white heads and clogged pores all over the place. I forgot I had this foam treatment in my stash, so I applied it one night instead of my usual BP and Murad anti-wrinkle anti-acne serum. I swear the next morning my skin had cleared by about 30%. I went online and ordered the PC 2% BHA toner (regular strength) and her BP 5% gel. (bc it's getting harder and harder to find 5% BP in gel form lately.) It came within 3 days, and I promptly began using the toner once a day and BP gel once a day. I used the foaming BHA 2 more times, about 4 days apart, and my skin has cleared up miraculously. I'm not kidding. I forgot how well BHA - specifically a good SA- works more my hormonal acne and clogged pores. I have had zero redness, peeling, or any side irritation from this BHA, which makes me so happy. It's not cheap, but it's won me over and I definitely will repurchase. I can't wait to try it on my KP on my arms.

on 4/14/2015 6:06:00 PM

This has a strong scent of fish and unwashed socks that I could not get past. It was not a stand out product for me. I would say it is a strong formula and not for sensitive skin types. Definitely do a test patch first.

on 3/15/2015 5:21:00 PM

Way too strong. Made me skin peel and flake even though I only use it once a week. It also has a funny fishy smell. Maybe this will work better on someone else.

on 3/2/2015 10:51:00 PM

This is a terrific exfoliant. The foam is very soft and a little goes a very long way. The effect is a little sticky at first but that quickly goes away and absorbs smoothly and evenly. The price can be a little high for 4oz, but at the same time a little does go a long way and it's a well-made product that is easily integrated in my routine. A good buy and a solid addition to my arsenal of exfoliants.

on 3/2/2015 8:49:00 PM

I will more than likely keep purchasing this product. I notice a difference, and really like using it the night before a special date. It seems to not irritate my skin, and the next morning my skin looks very radiant. The only downside is that I can feel this on my skin and the smell is not pleasant at all. But, from my experience, the fact that Paula's Choice products do not have added fragrance is a plus and I can put up with some foul smell. It does stink. I do not use a moisturizer after this product usually because I can feel it on my skin and my skin can get oily. Overall, I would recommend it as a special treat but if you are between this and her regular BHA's and can only get one I would purchase the regular liquids as that is for daily use and will give you more regular results.