August 20, 2014 | 1890 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment 4% BHA

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by themolly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is unlike any other exfoliant I've used - even better than her other exfoliants. When people say you see results overnight, it is not an exaggeration! I've been using the Hydralight line from Paula's Choice for two years now, with the addition of this 4% BHA foam, the Resist super light antioxidant serum and her vitamin c serum.

I used to have mild Rosacea with both flaky and oily skin, but now my skin is even, smooth and luminous. I keep a backup in stock because I don't ever want to be stuck w/o it! It is not unusual for friends to ask about what skincare I use and this is the first product I tell them about.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Probably the best PC BHA formulation, although I do like quite a few of the others, this gives the best "instant" results. Use this a couple times weekly at night, and I guarantee you'll notice brighter, smoother, more even skin after a few days use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by estubbs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have diagnosed sebaceous hyperplasia, which is bumps that result from damaged pores. While they look like pimples, they aren't pimples and there is no real effective treatment for it. I am using the 4% BHA Foam together with the BHA 9 and Retin A Micro, sort of on a rotating schedule. I even sometimes combine the 4% BHA Foam with the BHA 9 on my problem areas. The results have been very very good, the bumps have flattened and some have disappeared. However, it is not a cure, it is only a treatment, and if I let up for even a day, I can see the bumps returning. Nevertheless, I am so encouraged, because for the first time in years I can see my forehead looking smooth(er) and even a bit luminous. I am so happy that Paula makes these amazing products.

If you have a condition like sebaceous hyperplasia, I recommend you try the BHA 4% Foam, BHA 9 and Retin A Micro. So far, these products seem to be working for me.

Thank you Paula!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

A very, very strong treatment from paula's choice, only used it for about a month once a week and although it is really great at taking away clogged pores or reducing acne size it is sooooo strong! It dried out my skin tons and left my irritated and dehydrated.

Would not recommend to sensitive skin types!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

Love this stuff, melts away my blackheads and never irritates my skin. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love how this product sinks right in. The foam is nice for a change, and it really does work. After one use, my skin looks even and soft, and my pores are smaller. I can't wait to see what will happen with continued use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a PC fan at all, but I love this product. Prior to using this, I hadn't found a BHA that worked for me. I tried numerous ones from different brands, including PC's 2% BHA regular and extra strength liquid as well has her BHA 9. Everything I tried caused breakouts. My skin is sensitive/reactive, extremely clog prone, and oily. I started getting a lot of clogged pores about two months ago. This made a noticeable difference overnight. My skin looked radiant, pores appeared smaller, small breakouts were almost gone-- all overnight. This is strong; I can only use it once every 1-2 weeks. I find that one pump is more than enough for my entire face. In fact, I use half a pump. I only need a very thin layer. If I apply too much or too often, my skin does get irritated and flaky. I've gone from noticeable pores, especially on my nose, to nearly invisible pores. This product truly does help keep my pores clear, which is what makes them appear smaller. As someone who tries to stick to products that have minimal ingredients, this one scared me. It has a lot of extracts and things I would normally stay away from, but it works somehow. Amazing stuff. Love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by rhondaaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to write my own review, but Suestew2 said everything (as well as the agenda mention; thank you ; ).
I guess I will add that both my daughter, age 23, and I, age 52, have used PC BHA 2% liquid for years, and were quite satisfied with the results. We also use the new Resist 4% almost daily...it can be too much on delicate skin to use every night, but you should be able to tell on your own just what your skin can tolerate. For us, this was a totally unexpected improvement on a product we thought was near-perfect to begin with. We love it, and will continuiue to use it faithfully! Even my "old" large pores look much smaller now. The last thing I will add is that if you experience any irritation, a good moisturizer will easily take care of that.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this BHA product. I had been using the 1 percent lotion and liked it. But I'm seeing more results with this formula. I use it every other night and use no other BHA product. I wake up to skin that feels so smooth.

The texture and tone of my skin has very much improved since I started using this BHA product. For reference, I have normal to dry skin that is sensitive. Other than a minor and temporary tingling or itching, I've had no adverse effects. I wait a few minutes after applying before adding any other product so that the foam is absorbed.

I would like to add that I am dumbfounded that a person would give this product a bad review based on that person's "beliefs" about ingredients. Why even buy the product, then? The ingredients are clearly posted on the item page on the website.

Plus, if the person believes that salicylic acid (BHA) is somehow not good for us, then I suggest that buying a salicyclic acid (BHA) product is rather odd. This person has bashed several other PC products here on MUA in the same way. I smell an agenda.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Project25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just did my 3rd weekly treatment last night and am in awe of the results this morning! I can't stop checking out my skin in the mirror. I have been using retin-a micro .04 for the past 5 months and had the worst breakout this past month, painful, deep pimples along the jawline and big pimples all around my mouth and chin, I looked terrible :( I decided to try the Paula's Choice extra strength clear 3 step skincare 1x a day in the morning (on my 3rd week, so far so good). And did this foam treatment 1x week by itself. Last night I followed with the Paula's Choice C15 serum and this morning my face is definitely red and sensitive in spots but other than that all the dark and red spots on my face lightened dramatically! I practically look clear. (Tear, lol ) This is strong stuff so just watch your skin reactions, I've cut back my retin-a to 3x a week instead of nightly and it's working better for me. I've come to learn that battling acne is not a one size fits all or one magic potion in a bottle. It's something you have to customize for yourself. I highly recommend this product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No