Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment 4% BHA

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Butylene Glycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Dimethyl Isosorbide (solvent), Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine (antistatic agent), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid exfoliant), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (anti-irritant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borage Officinalis (Borage) Extract (antioxidant), Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract, Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract, Arctium Major (Burdock) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (anti-irritants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (non-fragrant plant oils/antioxidants), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 4/16/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Two weeks ago I was smack dab in the middle of a major eruption of angry skin. I had pimples, clogged pores, a cystic pimple and flesh colored bumps all over the place. Mind you, I'm 43 so my hormones could be to blame, but this was just ridiculous. My fave Mario Badescu toner was not helping, BP was not helping, retin-a was not helping. I've spent so much time on retinoids/retinols that my skin just does not like, and lets me know by having little white heads and clogged pores all over the place. I forgot I had this foam treatment in my stash, so I applied it one night instead of my usual BP and Murad anti-wrinkle anti-acne serum. I swear the next morning my skin had cleared by about 30%. I went online and ordered the PC 2% BHA toner (regular strength) and her BP 5% gel. (bc it's getting harder and harder to find 5% BP in gel form lately.) It came within 3 days, and I promptly began using the toner once a day and BP gel once a day. I used the foaming BHA 2 more times, about 4 days apart, and my skin has cleared up miraculously. I'm not kidding. I forgot how well BHA - specifically a good SA- works more my hormonal acne and clogged pores. I have had zero redness, peeling, or any side irritation from this BHA, which makes me so happy. It's not cheap, but it's won me over and I definitely will repurchase. I can't wait to try it on my KP on my arms.

on 4/14/2015 6:06:00 PM

This has a strong scent of fish and unwashed socks that I could not get past. It was not a stand out product for me. I would say it is a strong formula and not for sensitive skin types. Definitely do a test patch first.

on 3/15/2015 5:21:00 PM

Way too strong. Made me skin peel and flake even though I only use it once a week. It also has a funny fishy smell. Maybe this will work better on someone else.

on 3/2/2015 10:51:00 PM

This is a terrific exfoliant. The foam is very soft and a little goes a very long way. The effect is a little sticky at first but that quickly goes away and absorbs smoothly and evenly. The price can be a little high for 4oz, but at the same time a little does go a long way and it's a well-made product that is easily integrated in my routine. A good buy and a solid addition to my arsenal of exfoliants.

on 3/2/2015 8:49:00 PM

I will more than likely keep purchasing this product. I notice a difference, and really like using it the night before a special date. It seems to not irritate my skin, and the next morning my skin looks very radiant. The only downside is that I can feel this on my skin and the smell is not pleasant at all. But, from my experience, the fact that Paula's Choice products do not have added fragrance is a plus and I can put up with some foul smell. It does stink. I do not use a moisturizer after this product usually because I can feel it on my skin and my skin can get oily. Overall, I would recommend it as a special treat but if you are between this and her regular BHA's and can only get one I would purchase the regular liquids as that is for daily use and will give you more regular results.

on 3/2/2015 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i've been using this for about a month now & really like it. i wanted an intensive chemical exfoliant bc manual ones do nothing but irritate me & the advice on PC rec'd bha over aha for rosacea/acne so i went for this. i started off using it weekly, expecting some adverse side effects, but i haven't had any & upped it to 2-3x/week. i thought the foam might make it hard to apply but it's a really nice texture actually. smells a little weird but it fades quickly. i put it on at night after cleansing, let it dry, then follow w/ moisturizer. i've been trying along w/ the PC clinical 1% retinol & have definitely seen results. everyone's skin is different but this has been great on my sensitive, acne-prone skin. i can't afford derm visits rn (& hate their pushiness anyway) so i'm trying to find good otc versions of treatments that have been effective for me in the past (chemical peels, retinoids, light treatments, topical antibiotics); so far this has been a good component of that.
eta: this also works great to soften callused feet!

on 2/19/2015 9:44:00 AM

I use this product twice a week and Paula's Resist 2% BHA on the other nights. Never thought I'd say this, but I actually did see dramatic results in about three days- smoother skin, pore size diminished and redness almost gone! Now I can get by with just a touch of concealer and a bit of powder (foundation optional!) for the first time in years. My husband was even so impressed that he asked me to order the duo for him!

on 2/17/2015 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Warning!!!!
Not for everyone!
I've got bad reaction,red,swollen,burning,itchy,flaking skin!
Whole face and neck was afected and it didn't want to go away.

on 1/21/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product. I recently read that exfoliants with texturized beads are actually not that great for your skin, because they just scratch the surface of the skin and don't do much else. I wanted to try a chemical exfoliant that wasn't too intense (ExfoliKate) and that's exactly what this is.

It has salicylic acid in it, which helps with my breakout-prone skin. I also have very sensitive skin, and this has not irritated it in the least. You only need one pump and you rub it into your face once a week before moisturizing, and by the morning, my skin looks refreshed, so much smoother and much clearer. Almost all of my blemishes from the night before either dried up or started to heal.

There are some minor negatives to this product - the smell is a little medicinal, and it leaves a bit of a sticky, tacky, residue on your face. Neither of these things were bad enough to stop me from using this product. It's really great!

on 1/16/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product! I never bought into BHAs until I tried this. The 2% Skin Perfecting options from PC never did it for me. This is a different story. I'm convinced now that formulas make all the difference in the world and you shouldn't write off any one active ingredient based on a handful of bad or underwhelming experiences. If you're oily and acne-prone, try this and the 2% Pore-Refining liquid. As long as you're not allergic to any of the ingredients, they will likely treat you beautifully. HG material, no doubt.

Popular Treatments (Face)