Acure Organics Seriously Firming Serum

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is more of an oil blend than a serum, as it doesn't contain any silicones or other ingredients to make it thick. It has a great smell and contains all kinds of good-for-your-skin ingredients, making it a good first choice to delve into the world of face oils. Just remember, with all oils, you can always add more, but can't take off excess.
Even my skin is sensitive and this was not a recommendation by Acure for my skin type, I tried it anyways and didn't experience any reactions, but then again it isn't loaded with a bunch of useless cr*p ingredients most face serums have. My only concern is it contains orange oil that can make your skin photosensitive and thus create sun spots. I use it only at night over my face cream (Acure believes lotion has a hard time being absorbed through oil, so use this after your face lotion/cream). I don't notice any "firming" effects, but I do notice hydrated skin and a slight reduction in fine lines.

on 6/19/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Unfortunately this breaks me out every time I've used it (about 5 times), which is surprising since neither the Clarins Lotus Oil, Loreal oil, or pure coconut oil do. I guess I'll use it on my legs or something since I've thrown away the receipt to return it. I will have to research the ingredients to see what could be the potential cause. Too bad bc great price, packaging, texture, smell. Maybe better for dry skin?

on 1/26/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally! A moisturizing serum that isn't dimethicone-based! If you have dry skin, you must try this. I bought it on a whim because my face has dry patches after having a couple bouts of literally freezing weather. The fatty acids in the oils really help to make an occlusive barrier for the skin. This makes a wonderful night treatment before a heavier moisturizer if need be (I used Earth Science Apricot Cream). This does have a lavender scent as it does contain lavender oil, but it is mild and pleasant. I can see this being too heavy for the summer, but for me this is going to be a winter staple for as long as I can keep buying it.

I made the mistake of putting this serum on my face after having microdermabrasion. Really, my first mistake was to get microderm in the first place. But the lavender oil in this irritated the newly-exposed skin and caused it to turn red and flake. But the texture was so rich that I wanted to give it another chance. So I waited about a week for my face to grow back and tried again. Voila, best results ever. So the lesson is just not to use this stuff freshly after exfoliation if you are sensitive to lavender products. Other than that, great serum, highly recommend!

Popular Face Skincare Products