December 18, 2014 | 1746 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sylivabz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

had high hopes given what it promises to do but it doesn't deliver..weak coverage and creases. I'm 42 so finding good smooth coverage is hard but I'm returning thus.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed. It is ver drying for the eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this based on SR recommendation. I went in for Erase Paste, but she told me with my more yellow undertones, this woud be better for me. I use Tarte's Maracuja Concealer in a shade darker to recess my bags and use either erase paste or Lancome's wand concealer in their corrector shade to brighten the dark circles. I am on the fence with the Smashbox.....I love it, because it doesn't crease, It blends like a dream with the Sephora Airbrush Concealer brush. I like the way it looks. I just don't know about the shade. I feel like there isn't enough of a corrector tone to it. I use EP because the peachy tone banishes the dark circles for me. The Lancome is super yellow and works as well, and is also a great highlight. Smashbox is more neutral and it does brighten, just not as much as the other two. However, the finish is gorgeous, dewy-ish. I have it in light, but changing the shade probably won't change the corrector color it has. I am going to keep this, because as I am getting dare I say older, it's hard to find a good concealer. I will just use this as an all over, and fall back on my other beloveds with the more color correcting features for extra coverage for my circles. I'd give it 5 stars if it was a bit more peachy or yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Trying4flawless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very dark circles under my eyes, and this is the best product I've used to date. I do find it necessary to use a light eye cream first as this product dries some what matte. Peter Thomas Roth eye unwrinkle works well for me, after application a light powder set, and I get almost an entire day of coverage. I'm ok with the brush applicatior, there could be more product in the bottle. Additionally I do think that at $ 25 it's overpriced!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I just tried to use this once again, even though I haven't liked it since I purchased it. It is unfortunately too late to return it, so I just have to try to work with it. I like the fact that it has SPF in it, which is why I have tried so hard to make it work, but it is just so dry and cakey that I'm at my wit's end. I just had to take it off and start over because it looked so bad. I'm thinking I should keep it in the bathroom and apply it right after my eye cream. I also agree with the comments regarding the click pen/brush. This is not sanitary and seems unsafe for the eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by FionaRivera

I love this concealer. I think it works fabulously. I do wish more came out with just one turn, I kept having to turn it because it dispensed so little. Other than that it doesn't crease and leaves a gorgeous natural finish. Not cakey or too creamy so that it's overly dewy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by fina125

finally a concealer that doesnt crease. i do set it with hourglass powder and i love it. downside is that they only offer 4 shades. but luckily the light one works perfectly for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by zygotica16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Extremely drying around the eye area with almost worthlessly sheer coverage. The latter being a huge problem because it's almost impossible to use this as a base, layering it with a better concealer (which I would have been willing to do). As soon as I put another concealer on top (Tarte, Amazing, Nars, YSL, etc...), this somehow sticks to it and pulls off, leaving bare spots of splotchy coverage.

If I hadn't thrown out the box, I'd absolutely return this. Huge waste of money. Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream is a much better base around the eyes and provides more natural, heavier coverage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh, so disappointed, especially because of they hype.

The only thing this has going for it is the color selection. The light has the right amount of yellow to balance out dark circles in fair skin with gold undertones. Beyond that this product is GARBAGE.

Smashbox makeup in general, to me, is all about hype but lackluster in product. I used to work for the company so I can say that a lot of it is marketing and labeling. This BB eye cream is just part of what is wrong with the company. It is WAY too drying, so much so that it makes me laugh to see that they market it as hydrating. It doesn't settle as much as thicker concealers, but it is super dry, making dark circles look dull, flat, and even more noticeable. Instead of looking tired, I looked zombified.

And on a personal note, ENOUGH with the brush wand eye concealers! They're so germy! If you wouldn't use shadow brushes for more than a couple weeks without washing, why would you use an applicator brush meant for the eyes! Not only that, but it's a waste of product- so much gets lost on the wand.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to use as an eye primer since my skin is dry. The color selection was good, the advertised benefits seemed great, but this was not moisturizing enough. It made my eyes look crepey, even though it did do an impressive job at brightening, concealing, and keeping shadow on. I'm going to try it with eye cream underneath, but I have a feeling that won't solve the problem.