October 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream Eyes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I just tried to use this once again, even though I haven't liked it since I purchased it. It is unfortunately too late to return it, so I just have to try to work with it. I like the fact that it has SPF in it, which is why I have tried so hard to make it work, but it is just so dry and cakey that I'm at my wit's end. I just had to take it off and start over because it looked so bad. I'm thinking I should keep it in the bathroom and apply it right after my eye cream. I also agree with the comments regarding the click pen/brush. This is not sanitary and seems unsafe for the eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by FionaRivera

I love this concealer. I think it works fabulously. I do wish more came out with just one turn, I kept having to turn it because it dispensed so little. Other than that it doesn't crease and leaves a gorgeous natural finish. Not cakey or too creamy so that it's overly dewy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by fina125

finally a concealer that doesnt crease. i do set it with hourglass powder and i love it. downside is that they only offer 4 shades. but luckily the light one works perfectly for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by zygotica16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Extremely drying around the eye area with almost worthlessly sheer coverage. The latter being a huge problem because it's almost impossible to use this as a base, layering it with a better concealer (which I would have been willing to do). As soon as I put another concealer on top (Tarte, Amazing, Nars, YSL, etc...), this somehow sticks to it and pulls off, leaving bare spots of splotchy coverage.

If I hadn't thrown out the box, I'd absolutely return this. Huge waste of money. Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream is a much better base around the eyes and provides more natural, heavier coverage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh, so disappointed, especially because of they hype.

The only thing this has going for it is the color selection. The light has the right amount of yellow to balance out dark circles in fair skin with gold undertones. Beyond that this product is GARBAGE.

Smashbox makeup in general, to me, is all about hype but lackluster in product. I used to work for the company so I can say that a lot of it is marketing and labeling. This BB eye cream is just part of what is wrong with the company. It is WAY too drying, so much so that it makes me laugh to see that they market it as hydrating. It doesn't settle as much as thicker concealers, but it is super dry, making dark circles look dull, flat, and even more noticeable. Instead of looking tired, I looked zombified.

And on a personal note, ENOUGH with the brush wand eye concealers! They're so germy! If you wouldn't use shadow brushes for more than a couple weeks without washing, why would you use an applicator brush meant for the eyes! Not only that, but it's a waste of product- so much gets lost on the wand.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to use as an eye primer since my skin is dry. The color selection was good, the advertised benefits seemed great, but this was not moisturizing enough. It made my eyes look crepey, even though it did do an impressive job at brightening, concealing, and keeping shadow on. I'm going to try it with eye cream underneath, but I have a feeling that won't solve the problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I'm a Smashbox fan so I had to give this a try. But I'm not sure exactly what this product is supposed to be. Eye cream? Concealer? Brightener? Protector? Primer?

Apparently it's supposed to be all of the above. The problem is that it is a little of all of the above. It's an OK eye cream, an OK concealer (though only under the eyes--do NOT expect it to conceal anything anywhere else), an OK brightener, an OK primer and an OK protector. It doesn't do any one particularly well for me to use it just for that purpose, nor does it do all of them well enough to justify purchasing it again.

In addition, the large brush applicator makes for awkward and uneven product application. I'd just as soon have a doe foot applicator to pat it on, or have no applicator at all and use my own (smaller) brush or my fingers. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit - I'm knocking this down one lippie because it dried out my under-eye area after 12 hours. I am very demanding when it comes to that part of my face, but I just think that if we're paying twenty some odd dollars for a product that claims to be hydrating, it should be. The combination of the arid, winter air where I live and this product just didn't do it for me. I'll pick this back up when the temps get above 50F, I'm sure it will do just fine in the spring/summer/fall.
______________________________________________________________________
Smashbox just came out with a BB cream specifically for the eye area, promising to prime, conceal, illuminate, hydrate, and reduce fine lines immediately and over time.

Amazingly, it does all of these things and lasted an entire, very dry winter day at 12 degrees F (thank you, Polar Vortex). This is the without a doubt the best under-eye makeup I have ever used. EVER. It is absolutely my holy grail! I bought it in Light and it blends seemlessly with my Mineral Fusion pressed powder and Jane Iredale BB cream, both of which are pretty yellow. The Light color seems to be a perfect shade of peach suited for a variety of skin tones to cover the blue/purple tints under the eye.

The only couple things I have to complain about is that it comes with a brush attached to the end, and there are only four colors available - Fair, Light, Light/Medium, and Deep. Although the Light shade matches my (hard to match) skin, Smashbox should think about branching out in terms of accomodating both warmer and cooler skintones with this formula because of the sales potential.

I prefer to apply product with my fingers because it's more hygienic and I have more control over where the product goes. What I usually end up doing is turning the dial on the end about 5 clicks and enough comes out for both eyes, so I dot a few times per eye and blend with my ring finger anyway. Definitely not enough a detraction to keep me from buying this again, I will keep repurchasing this as long as they have it available.