October 1, 2014 | 1915 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions (Green)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by ravenrage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite BB cream so far, my second bottle is on itīs way.

Color: It is VERY pale, to the extent that itīs a bit too pale even on me, and I donīt think Iīve ever met anyone paler than me. Honestly I donīt understand how can this be made for the asian market...? Even though a bronzer and blush are enough to fix it, I also ordered VIP GOLD to mix it with. Maybe in winter it will be a perfect match :)

Finish: It has naturally matte finish which I love because I dont need to use powder - usually powder makes my makeup look cakey.

Coverage: Definitely on the more sheer side, if you have visibly red spots and dark circles, you will need a bit of concealer. But it looks very natural and skin like this way. It also feels nice and fresh, not heavy. Iīve read in other review that it doesnīt cover pores, that it even enhances them but no, it definitely covers them.

UV protection: I wore this BB on days when I walked around outside on the sun all day and my skin was not sunburnt at all - I dont think I got any tan on my face this summer. (which Iīd like to but, hey, this is healthier for skin)

Lasting power: Durability wise, this one doesnīt last that long, after 6/7 hours it starts to get a bit cakey around nose and forehead, but it goes hand in hand with the shade and matte finish - I believe matte products contain more powders that the dewy ones and that makes them last less.

Price: The most expensive Skin79 one :( When it was new it was about $ 30-50, now you can fortunately get it on ebay for about $ 18...

note: I look insanely pale on photos with flash :D

If you are so pale you canīt find a match for yourself, you should totally try this one. Unless you need a LOT of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've put off writing this review for a little while now solely because I wasn't sure that I could fully express how ardently I admire and love this BB cream.

OK, Jane Austen aside, this BB cream is legitimately my HG product.

This is the ONLY BB cream that actually works for me. In the world. I feel like I've honestly tried all of them, with them all disappointing me in one way or another (98% were just flat out too dark, 1.9% were bad texture with my skin). I loved the other Skin79 BB's that I tried, but I just couldn't make them work for me colourwise...the orange was FAR too yellow on me, and the hot pink was a dark grey on my skin. But this green BB cream is PERFECT.

My skintone is somewhere between N05-N10, VERY neutral (seriously I don't lean in either direction my skin is weird). I have combination skin which is prone to blemishes and covered in PIH marks from previous breakouts.

This BB cream matches my colouring perfectly (it's even more pale than Missha BB cream in 13), has a nice texture (neither too moisturizing nor too drying), and makes my skin look dreamy. It doesn't cover up all of my acne spots by itself, but I haven't even found a foundation that does that, and I certainly don't mind using a couple dabs of concealer should I need to. But what's extra impressive is...with this bb cream, I BARELY need to. It may not hide the spots completely, but it blends them in enough that I rarely care enough to put the extra effort into covering them.

I can't recommend this for anyone but the super pale people (as someone else said, even N15 would probably find this too light for their skin), but all of my fellow ghosties, try this bb!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great BB cream for pale, oily skin. If NW10 in MAC is still to dark for you then give this a try; it's a perfect match for me and I am very pale, not snow white pale but even the Skin 79 Orange BB cream was a tad too dark and yellow on me. I'd say this has neutral undertones and with a good setting powder(I use Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline in 0 Siamese) I only have to blot my face once in the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful B.B. cream! It's simply not for me because the pink undertones are too strong, but that's my fault, not the product's. I'd compare the fairness to Missha's No. 13 B.B., perhaps even a little lighter. It doesn't settle on my dry patches and has nice staying power. For me it has light-medium coverage, and it doesn't cake with a second layer. I would say this has a neutral undertone, it just didn't work for me because I have very yellow undertones despite being so pale.

Edit: Hurray! It turns out I just wasn't waiting long enough for it to adjust a bit. It's still a little pink but it's much much better! My HG B.B.!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by shizia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin: oily + dry patches, acne prone, sensitive, prone to redness, very pale

If your skin is extra pale and most fair foundations are still too dark/orange/yellow for you, this is what you need to buy. If you're extra pale and oily, then I think you'll love this.

I was very sceptical about buying this product, as one other Skin79 BB Cream (pink version) didn't work for me and made my skin break out every single time I wore it. Before purchasing I compared the ingredients of both pink and green versions and found out that the green version does not have the "bad" ingredients that irritated my skin while using the pink version. So, I gave this one a go (and I'm so glad I did!!).

PROS:
- The shade is a perfect match for ghost like complexions. It works beautifully with my skintone and blends easily (I'm using a stipple brush)
- The finish is matte, but it doesn't look "flat" on the skin, it actually makes my skin "glow" even though my skin stays matte!
- The product does not break me out, doesn't clog pores, it is very easy to remove even with just a micellar lotion. My sensitive skin approves this product!
- I am a huge fan of the packaging, the pump is very convenient, I also love the design of the container, very sleek and expensive looking I would say.
- There is 40g of the product inside, which more than your usual foundation/bb cream (30g) so it will last you for much longer.
- I can use it with both primer or on its own, as it adjusts to the texture of my skin.
- I would say it stays on the skin for at least 6 hours, bare in mind that I'm an oily skin girl and I usually have to powder or use primer with my foundation/bb. This however, looks fairly good even if I don't powder it at all.
- Coverage is quite good, but if you're looking for super full coverage you will need some extra concealer. I like the way this BB cream evens out my skin and preps it for blush, bronzer etc.

CONS:
- I believe it is one of the more pricey BB creams, I paid around 14 - 15 euro for mine on ebay, which was the cheapest option available. It usually retails for 20+ euro.

FINAL THOUGHT: I highly recommend this to all pale girls who cannot find a foundation pale enough for their skin. Oily, acne prone people will also like this as this does not cause any irritation or new pimples. It is definitely worth the price you're paying :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Devi83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because every other bb cream is too dark for me. I've used Missha's perfect cover in shade 13 which was a great color match, but I did the formula too greasy and heavy for my liking. I got this on eBay for a decent price and was excited to try it, but of all the skin79 be creams that I've tried (hot pink, gold and orange) it's my least favorite. The color match is perfect, but the formula is not great. It clings to pores and is really difficult to blend, it just sits on my skin and doesn't sink in, and looks streaky no matter how much I blend it. I've tried it with a few primers and it works better, but still not great I'll stick with my Cho Bo yang be, the color match isn't perfect but the formula is 100x better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Lunatchel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this BB cream. I have very pale skin and have a hard time finding things pale enough to match me. This cream is about the same color as my missha signature real complete in 13. I recommend this BB only if you are so pale that you find that most high end makeups lightest color still looks slightly too dark. This cream is thicker than my missha but still goes on beautifully.

My skin is sensitive and sometimes dry and this cream doesn't break me out or dry me out :-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Adhara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this makes my skin GLOW! i put it on top of my moisturiser and then set it with skin79's beblesh pact but it's not completely matte and looks incredibly natural. i'm in love with this bb cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After years and years of searching for a good foundation that would match my very pale NC05 skintone, this is it!

A few notes:
* This BB Cream will ONLY work for you if your skintone is N10 or lower. If MAC NC/NW15 matches you, this will be too pale. Most reviews I've seen for this online all mention how ashy/pasty it made them look, but if a foundation makes you ashy, the shade is too fair for you.
* If your skin is dry, this BB Cream isn't for you.

Until now, I had been using Skin79 Vital Orange mixed 2:1 with Face Atelier Zero Minus white foundation to get a match for my skintone, which is around NC05. The Skin79 Orange BB Cream has a yellower undertone than the Skin79 Green BB Cream, which has a neutral undertone. I've included a photo with swatches of all of them on my skin.
My skin has a neutral-yellow undertone, while my facial skin is more neutral, and I suffer from mild rosacea and mild seb dermatitis. Blended, the Skin79 Green BB Cream is a 90% perfect match, just a little bit too neutral, but it's not noticeable when the rest of my make-up (concealer, blush, etc.) is done. It manages to bring my skintone 1/2 shade down and match the rest of my body, which is paler than my face, without making me look ashy. Because the BB Cream is neutral in undertone, it doesn't neutralize redness as well as a yellower foundation would, but it's good enough.
It has buildable medium coverage that will let your skin still show through, and it covers acne spots, marks, and mild pigmentation fairly well.
The texture is creamy and smooth, and somehow this BB Cream feels very fresh on the skin, although it doesn't have a particularly strong fragrance. It glides easily onto the skin and can be blended without much effort. Make sure not to overapply on dry or flaky patches, as it might highlight them or dry them out. Most foundations tend to really show all the flaky skin I get from seb dermatitis, but this one looks quite alright. It's important to finish building up the coverage wherever you need it before the BB Cream dries down, or the finish won't be as smooth.
It's a very matte BB Cream, and it has superb oil control. I do use a primer under it but it's mainly to make my skin smoother, not to add lasting power to the foundation, and I don't find that the loose powder I currently use, NARS Light Reflecting Powder, does too much for lasting power either. On my combination skin, this BB Cream can last 10 hours or even longer without getting cakey or needing touch ups, while with most foundations after 5 hours I'll need to blot oil around my T-zone. I will edit the review after I've used the Skin79 Green BB Cream during Summer, which is very hot and humid in NYC!
The packaging is the same as for other Skin79 BB Creams, a pump bottle that's easy to use. I typically need 1 or 1 1/2 pumps of this to cover my whole face, so even though it's more expensive than other BB Creams, it's well worth it, IMO.

Overall, an absolutely fantastic product. I wish more companies would make foundations for the paler set without pink undertones!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I bought the smaller pump bottle size (15g) to try it out. The Skin79 Green BB cream is supposed to be for combination, oily and sensitive skin. It has a matte finish, coverage is medium (but can be sheered out for lighter or built up to full coverage). It has a nice gel-lotion type texture. It has SPF 30 and does have fragrance (smells floral to me).

Right away, I noticed how much lighter this is than my Missha BB's (Perfect Cover #21, Cho Bo Yang in #1 Natural Beige) or even the Pink, Purple and Orange Skin79 BB's. It is way too light on my skin (about NC20) and the tones did not match at all. This may *possibly* work if you are NC/NW15 or lighter - but this is probably the palest BB I've ever seen. Another issue is this BB cream really sinks into every single pore like a clay mask (literally dries up on your face) and I don't even have large pores - so I can't imagine this would work for anyone with bigger pores or any type of deep scarring. It works a bit better with primer but still not good, and I don't like having to use primer every day. My skin also looked very, very dull. Like I had the life sucked out of me. The grey-pinkish undertones literally make me look ill - whereas other BB creams look so natural, and mesh well with skin - this one just sits on top and looks very flat and non-dimensional.

I'd only recommend this if you are very oily (if you're combo or have any dry patches/dehydrated skin, this will probably dry you out like it did me) and very fair skin and want a matte finish/oil controlling BB cream.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No