July 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by sll74

I usually prefer reds that are cream to those that have a hint of frost but the packaging and Rihanna's stunning photos pulled me in. On a regular trip to MAC this was a splurge. I really love it. It's a blue based red. Appropriate for the office or a night out. It's not too frosty so it looks good in pics. It doesn't dry out the lips, is decently long lasting and just a good red to have in your stash. I still love MAC red as my basic beautiful red but this is now her companion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by PerfectPicture

I have always been scared of red lipstick. I am blonde and was always scared I couldn't wear it properly... until I found this. My sister purchased this for me and I love it, I have worn it so many times and it is 'my' shade of red now. So pleased, love the formula and smell too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Bompen

I went to our local Mac counter a few weeks ago, saw this, the MUA applied it on top of "Brick" (WAAAY too orange! I don't knoe how MAC could think that this lipstick is blue based?), went home sad, the color had such potential!

Well, I couldn't get the shade out of my head, so I typed "Mac Port red Mac Rhianna" into Google, and found a review saying that this (Rihanna) is a dupe for Port Red. Went back to the counter, got a swatch on a piece of paper and put a swatch of Port Red beside it.
I'm SO happy I went back! It is a dupe, and I bought it a few days later!

Port Red is my all time favourite red, and I've searched for a dupe the last few years. I don't wear my red lipsticks with lip pencil underneath (I do line my lips, but I don't fill, I feel like it alters the color too much) and without Brick under both these lipsticks are gorgeous on me!

I had a coupon (around $7,60 off) so this lipstick cost me $22 (we usually pay $29,60 in Sweden) The tube is super cute, tho I prefer the regular black one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by apollo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

first of all, this product is NOT a blue-red as advertised and described by some reviewers on the MAC website. it is an ORANGE-red. there is nothing blue in this red. having said that, i initially didn't like this color on my face (i am brown-skinned with red, green undertones). i decided to give it another try before returning (as i did with the ri-ri woo which i did return), and found that i really liked it as long as i used a lighter touch when applying. if you build it too much it can be too brassy and loud, but with the right touch, it is beautiful. i agree with another reviewer that this is a 'summer' red due to its orange undertones. if you're looking for a blue-red that isn't as drying as ruby woo, then you're looking for the original viva glam I (a color i absolutely adore). i will keep viva rihanna, but i'm not sure i'll replace it when i'm finished.

the package color is very beautiful. if i could find a lipstick the same color as the viva glam rihanna package, i'd be in heaven!

*UPDATE* this product actually is a blue-based red, though the orange does shine through. that said, i LOVE this lipstick, and will be repurchasing very soon since it's a limited edition and i don't want to be unable to find it. so for those of you who find this color too 'orange' or brassy at first, give it a few days and see if you don't change your mind. this is yet another wonderful MAC product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I have to dispense with the notion that I can pick up one HG item from the MAC counter without getting dazzled by other items. When I visited the MAC counter today, the Viva Glam Rihanna lipglass caught my attention. Yet I was in a rush and could not swatch it, leading to an impulse purchase. When I got home, I discovered that I had purchased the lipstick and not the lipglass. I decided to try it anyway, and HOLY MOLY...I fell instantly in love.

This is a very wearable, *slightly* orangey soft red on my Eurasian NC35 skin, not glaringly obvious, and completely beautiful. This is a subtle red, so if you want a very obvious wallop of red, this is not the red for you. I always struggle with the wearability of red shades, but this particular red may indeed be the most wearable and loveliest shade I have ever had the good fortune to try.

This lipstick is very creamy so it doesn't dry out like many reds do. If anything, the slightly sheer formula may have slight issues with staying power, but the fadeoff effect is so pretty that I can't get upset about it at all.

I also adore the burgundy matte packaging and think it is so elegant...

If this wasn't LE and I had to repurchase, I definitely would...who knows? I might have to get a couple of backups of this one!

UPDATE: I have already made plans to go to the MAC Pro store to pick up a couple of backups...LOVE LOVE LOVE this red! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

Here is a RED lipstick for women who don't want the Bright heavy Red but really doesn't want a sheer red either. This frost red is much lighter in tone but full coverage. It's creamy not drying and if you like the glossier look there is a coordinating lip glass that matches this lipstick completely. I prefer just the lipstick as I have several higher end clear glosses right now and want to use them up first. this is light enough for day wear or you can build it to a heavier night time look. This on me leans slightly orangey so for summer I think this will be my red. Wear time is more of a creamy lipstick wear vs matte a couple of hours no eating or drinking and you need to apply pencil or a lip lock product like Elf to prevent red feathering. The packaging for those who are into it is pretty neat black toned/Red with almost a velvet finish. 100% of all sales on this product goes to AIDS charities so if you are trying to justify the $16 price tag might be a sway for you. This will definitely be a repurchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the colour of it I have very pale skin and gingery hair so it looks great! I was really disappointed with the fact that it lasts about an hour and comes off on everything smudges so easily prefer my cheap maybeline lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by trufflegallery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a NC30 and this red looks amazing on me! I'm not a fan of frosty or shimmery finishes most of the time because they look cheap and tacky to me. I usually go for matte red shades. However, I tried this on and I instantly fell in love. It's a true red and not orangey at all.The frost is very subtle and the gold glitter sprinkled throughout the lipstick give your lips a nice 3D, multi-faceted look. Think a classic old hollywood red, with a modern twist.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by yungerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is advertised as a pigmented red. when I actually tried it on, it was sheer. The frost finish looked terrible with the shade and amount (or lack of) pigment. The only reason I kept it was because my mom liked it, and even then the lipstick still doesn't look how it was advertised. I usually am a big fan of MAC's lipstick because of the amount of pigment but this one just doesn't have it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

When I saw the pictures of this, I knew I had to have it. I've been looking for a replacement for my long-discontinued Port Red for years and years. The packaging on this is beautiful, and YES!! It's a DEAD ON DUPE for Port Red!! I can finally start wearing it again instead of rationing it! Yay!