November 26, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by crystyle

I usually don't go for frost lipstick, but this is such a gorgeous color I had to try it. I've never tried a frost red but I do own several satin and matte reds, and this is the most wearable easy red I own. It's bright and highly pigmented, but the mild frost seems to tone it down so it can be worn with pretty much anything. I own Ruby Woo and Russian Red as well, and this is just so much easier to wear day to day. LOVE this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by skschmidt4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. I don't wear a lot of lipstick, but I bought this for my engagement photos, and it is an absolutely gorgeous bright red lipstick. It is my go-to lipstick for a red lip look. It worked really well with my fair skin and blonde hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by FancyMeBrit

I absolutely do not like the finish on this lipstick. I am more of a matte and satin finish. Considering it was for a good cause abc something different, it was not worth the hype

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I'm reviewing the latest release Viva Glam 2 under Riri. At first I was turned off by the color I saw in the tube online but to confirm a nay or a yay I had to see it in the flesh. I'm a NC45 and on me it appeared like a deep metallic brown. I love playing with different lip liners when it comes to working with unusual colors so I removed the lipstick and used MAC lip liner in current to partially fill in my lips. Then I applied the lipstick. Oh buddy! !! What a difference a liner makes. It really brought out a different dimension to the lip color overall. Then when I added the corresponding lipglass with its purple/pink/blue duo chrome. It changed it into this nice metallic, mauvy lip color with a tinge of brown. Its a really difficult effect to even describe. You just have be willing to try it yourself and tweak it to your liking. I can see this combo playing well with nightmoth liner too. I'm so glad I bought both the lipstick and the gloss. Perfect combo to take me into fall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

Far be it for me to potentially sabotage ratings for this and more to the point, put my fellow makeup lovers off buying a lipstick for a great cause... But battles of conscience aside, I'm afraid this is a disappointment.

I bought it no.1 because I like to 'do my bit' - oh ok ok who am I kidding, I bought it because the packaging is great and the colour is super flattering and gorgeous on, and only then, rather than talk myself out of yet another purchase, I justified it as being part of my 'charity portfolio.'

Being as it is a RED lipstick I hadn't worn it much. Well on a date at Artesian (voted best bar in the world and very sophisticated) I wore this with a sequin skirt, silk ruffled blouse, sparkly bag, heels, you get the idea... And this lipstick let down the whole effect. Yes it looks and feels perfect. But it smears everywhere and never sets. I had made the mistake of adding gloss on top, and although it intensified the beauty of the red, it exacerbated the problem. But even without gloss, it smears. With gloss, disaster.

People have mentioned it's like Port Red. Well I'd loved that and have 4 backups (yes now you see what I mean about my "charity purchase" rationalisation.) Port Red is pretty much identical, but it doesn't smear like this "monster" (Rihanna pun there) Port Red is way better, but if you're just going out dancing then fine. Just don't drink -or heaven forfend- eat in this, unless you keep extremely close tabs on your lipstick. I'm talking, red lipstick teeth levels of doom. Despite my full effort outfit and makeup, I felt like I was wearing some cheapie child brand lipstick, it got on the glass even after I'd diligently blotted on a napkin. Very disappointing. I'll still keep it and wear it when I know I won't be eating or drinking... It is very pretty. Maybe I'm simply forgiving it as it does stand as a desperate measures Port Red dupe for when my 4 run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The prettiest must have red your lips will love.It instantly vitalizes your face and is a unique shade.It leans orange on me so it looks tomato red but I have yellow,orange undertones so thats to be expected.However I still love it & the shimmer is classy.I am usually into pinks & plums but couldn't find a red from Nars my HG that I loved.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This IS a blue based red though it looks warm toned. I'll explain.
The red itself is blue based but this lipstick is a frost and has gold flecks so it warms up the color making it look kind of a warmer color. Technically the red pigment in the product is blue toned but with the flecks of gold it makes the overall color slightly more warm toned.

Similar to how the NARS orgasm is. The blush is pink with gold flecks and when applied looks a pretty peachy pink.

Now to the lipstick, I LOVE the packaging. That's what initially drew me in. I thought it'd be a blue based red similar to Ruby woo but I like this more since it comes of slightly more warm which works great on my warm skin tone and the warm from my skin sort of neutralizes or flows with the warmth the lipstick has making it just look red, not at all orangey.

The lipstick glides on nicely and isn't drying, lasts a good amount of time for a lipstick that isn't matte, amplified or satin.

The only downside is the fact that it's a frost, I won't take a star off of it as that's more of a personal thing and I knowingly knew it was a frost but it's definitely a great lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by sll74

I usually prefer reds that are cream to those that have a hint of frost but the packaging and Rihanna's stunning photos pulled me in. On a regular trip to MAC this was a splurge. I really love it. It's a blue based red. Appropriate for the office or a night out. It's not too frosty so it looks good in pics. It doesn't dry out the lips, is decently long lasting and just a good red to have in your stash. I still love MAC red as my basic beautiful red but this is now her companion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by PerfectPicture

I have always been scared of red lipstick. I am blonde and was always scared I couldn't wear it properly... until I found this. My sister purchased this for me and I love it, I have worn it so many times and it is 'my' shade of red now. So pleased, love the formula and smell too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Bompen

I went to our local Mac counter a few weeks ago, saw this, the MUA applied it on top of "Brick" (WAAAY too orange! I don't knoe how MAC could think that this lipstick is blue based?), went home sad, the color had such potential!

Well, I couldn't get the shade out of my head, so I typed "Mac Port red Mac Rhianna" into Google, and found a review saying that this (Rihanna) is a dupe for Port Red. Went back to the counter, got a swatch on a piece of paper and put a swatch of Port Red beside it.
I'm SO happy I went back! It is a dupe, and I bought it a few days later!

Port Red is my all time favourite red, and I've searched for a dupe the last few years. I don't wear my red lipsticks with lip pencil underneath (I do line my lips, but I don't fill, I feel like it alters the color too much) and without Brick under both these lipsticks are gorgeous on me!

I had a coupon (around $7,60 off) so this lipstick cost me $22 (we usually pay $29,60 in Sweden) The tube is super cute, tho I prefer the regular black one.