December 22, 2014 | 1862 users online

Lip Gloss - Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - stained gloss rhythm box

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my second Stained Gloss; I also have New Wave. Rhythm Box looks like a deep burgundy in the tube, but on lips it morphs into more of a bright raspberry, which I LOVE. As with seemingly all OCC lip products, a tiny bit goes a looong way, so start off with less than you think you'll need - you can always add more!

Rhythm Box stains well, but not quite as indelibly as I'd prefer. Also, it can feel a bit dry, so I often end up putting a more emollient gloss over it. This combination yields a long-lasting (three to four hours if you don't eat or drink) sheer face-brightening "pop" of color that's especially great for summer.

Stained Glosses are $18, but since they're so pigmented, a single tube will last a very long time.

Best of all, all OCC products are cruelty-free. I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase Rhythm Box, and I want to try other Stained Glosses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the tube it's a lovely dark berry with a hint of red. But swatched/on the lips it's a BRIGHT fushia pink! At first I was let down, because I wanted a darker berry. But i'v grown to love this lip tar and reach for it often! It can be worn full on for glossy bright lips that last seven hours and leaves a stain. or, full on and then blotted so it's a more muted stain/sheer version of the colour! The blotted stain lasts six hours for me. I also love to put a tiny drop of it onto the center of my bottom lip on top of a matte lipstick for a bit of shine! As always with lip tars, use a lip brush and the SMALLEST drop you can. They are very pigmented even the stained gloss versions!