October 25, 2014 | 1534 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - ColorStay ShadowLinks

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Celibean

I've always love most of Revlon products but I'm terribly upset with this particular eyeshadow. I was super excited because the colour was pretty nice when I first swatch them on my hand. But then when I tried to use it with my brush, the color doesn't transfer on my eyelid. Bought two of it in the colour Eggplant and Melon.

I love the small packaging. Great for travelling.

But why do you need it for travelling if it fails to do its job.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Price: I bought 6 of these stupidly, after a 40% discount sale in Singapore which led to me paying SGD4+ instead of SGD6+ per shadow. I bought them thinking OMGAAD SO CHEAP!! -_-
You get what you pay for. But even then, 4 bucks is too much for a shadow that is useless.

Pigmentation: Why do i say useless? Because it simply DOES NOT SHOW UP on your skin. At all. I'm not exaggerating. I write this review after spending nearly an hour trying to work with these shadows in vain. This is what i would do: Pick up a good quality brush, dip it in the shadow to try get some product, see that there is a ton of fallout and powderiness, tap the excess off, and then place it on my lid... see that there is no transfer at all, rub and press the brush into the skin, get a faint transfer, repeat the entire process again several times, and then give up. If i use my finger, i get a better colour payoff, but even then not much. I think this is probably the worst pigmentation ive ever seen in an eyeshadow range. Ever. NYX is better. ELF is better. Almost every other brand is better.

Texture: Crumbly, powdery, chalky, tons of fallout, super messy. I used to think Urban decay was the king of fallout. No. Revlon wants to one-up it.

Packaging: Just about the only good thing, and the part that drove me to spend nearly 30 bucks on this. I hate pre-filled palettes. So when i saw this i went bonkers. *facepalm* What a massive mistake.

Staying power: What power? It doesnt even show up.

Summary: DO NOT BUY. Seriously, don't waste your money like i did.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the shade "Java". It looks brown but goes on reddish. This shadow is extremely messy and leaves glitter all over your face. Terrible!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lextaylor7

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I love the idea of being able to build a custom palette, but to do it through Urban Decay means I'm laying out $120+ for a six-shadow palette. Granted, once I buy the metal case I just have to buy refills...but even then it's $100 to build future six-shade palettes.

Here, we have shadows that are under $3 and link together, so no need for a case. I created a six-shadow palette for under $20 when all was said and done.

The color range is not bad. There's a nice mix of neutrals and brights. The range appears to be pearl/shimmer-heavy, but there's nothing garish.

However, I was surprised by the product itself. The color payout was subpar. Lighter colors needed a LOT of building up; darker shades were better but tended to apply patchily. There was also a bit more fallout than usual for a Revlon shadow. Wear time is good though.

Now, Revlon is one of the better drugstore brands, and if you're a fan of the Colorstay range, you know that they are capable of making silky shadows with excellent color payoff. Their non-Colorstay shadows are also excellent products as well. So why did they cut corners on quality with this one?

Especially given that Shadow Links is a potential cash cow for Revlon: a four-shadow custom palette would cost more than a pre-made four/five shadow palette from Revlon, so they'd make some money. And it's definitely cheaper than making a palette from UD (while UD shadows are nice, they're not THAT phenomenal). But if the Shadow Links aren't as pigmented as the rest of the Revlon line, who is going to bite?

I do hope that they improve the formulation to put them on the same page as the Colorstay range or even their single shadows. They have a money-maker on their hands if they can just get it right.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ceah

Didn't care for these. Once again, I have to say my Wet n' Wild is way better than these. The color payoff is too light. I know they are cheap for a Revlon eyeshadow, but if Wet n' Wild can make a good $3 eyeshadow then so can Revlon. I do like the packaging. Seems like Revlon make really good packaging, but sometimes skimp on the actual quality of the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Lily2ff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The best thing about these is the cleveer idea of buying them separately to link together to make your own palette.

The eyeshadow itself is awful. The colors are mainstream. The texture is rough and the pigmentation is very poor. ( I only tested matte shades.)

For that reason, this is a poor value, and gets only 1 lippie from me. I tossed it.

Once again, I'll go back to buying MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Chocolate to fill in my eyebrows. It is matte and lasts, and is somewhat blendable. Would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish MUA had a zero lippie option.

The concept of this is great-make your own palette out of attachable singles...but the quality is absolutely terrible. The mattes are almost passable (though frankly there are far better ones out there) but the pearl and metal ones are patchy, sheer, messy and unblendable. The different shades barely show up distinctly on your lids, they just become one big messy shimmer fest, like a Zap ice cream.

I should have learned my lesson with the Revlon quad I tried a few years ago but I honestly thought these would be improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by JustKara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually use this shadow for filling in my eyebrows. I use it in Cocoa and it lasts me a full day without smudging. It looks more natural then eye brow pencils and matches my eyebrow's colour perfectly. I think these shadows are a great alternative to eyebrow pencils and they are reasonably priced as well. I also love the packaging, linking the colours together to create a little palette was a great idea and it works well. Great product with many options to go with it.