January 28, 2015 | 1922 users online

Cleansers - Shea Moisture - African Black Soap Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this.

Pros:
-Good, effective, simple ingredients.
-Great for oily skin. It does strip your skin of all oils, but on my pizzaface that is a plus.
-Removes any excess make up that my grapeseed oil may miss.
-Has helped clear up my skin. And if the ingredients are doing their job - I have reason to believe, based off scientific research, that this has also helped aid my acne scars in the healing process. I have a pretty complex skincare routine so it's hard to accredit certain ingredients to their results at times.
-Very affordable. I bought a bar of this months ago for $5... I'm not even halfway through with it. I use this 2x a day, generously applied.

Cons:
-This is black, and messy. It will stain your clothing. I have learned to wash my face topless (in a bra) before bed.
-This is drying if combined with the wrong additional skincare products. I was using sulfur soap in the morning then this at night and DEAR LORD it was bad. Neither will dry my skin out on their own, but when used together I was left with rough dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 9:42:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually use Nubian Heritage African Black soap but it's not sold near me and I always spend too much when I order from vitacost, etc. SM was BOGO at Ulta so I picked this up. I prefer the scent of the NH version but this is still very nice. I use it on my face when I have breakouts and we also have a bar the shower that SO uses all over. It has made his skin very soft, no lotion needed.
I still prefer Nubian Heritage but this is very nice and I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I love this. I only use it on my face and it is clearing up my acne very well. It smells great and has very simple ingredients. I love this brand, everything I've tried has been great! You won't find better vegan all natural products, especially not for this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by bonn2585

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This soap is amazing! I was using Cerave before this because I have acne and regular face washes were drying my face pretty badly. I came across the african black soap at Ulta and decided to try it out. Well I was amazed at first use. I had really dry patches on my face that not even Cerave and face moisturizer could get rid of. Well this little gem got rid of it after first use! My acne has also decreased significantly. Amazing!