September 21, 2014 | 2039 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Butter Lipstick

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are terrible because they are so drying. I have at least four colors and they are beautiful and very flattering on my fair, cool skintone. The formula however should never have the word "butter" in the name. I apply the lipstick and in about 15 minutes I want to reach for a lipgloss because my lips feel so dry. It's a shame. I love the colors of these lippies but I won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 09, Candy Buttons. True to name, these are buttery and balm-like. They don't dry my lips out at all. This color is not, however, very pigmented. I do have to swipe over my lips about 4 times for full opacity which is not an issue for me personally because the color i have is such a soft pink, but I wouldn't buy any darker colors because of this. The color lasts fairly well throughout the day, but i do need to reapply after eating or drinking without a straw. I love wearing this under the NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel and i find that pairing them together makes them much more long lasting!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Nyx Butter Gloss in Tiramisu is my HG gloss, so i thought i'd give the Nyx Butter Lipstick a go. I picked this up in the shade Fun Size, which is a pinkish-nude colour. I personally think the packaging is cute, but the lipstick itself is disappointing. I find that it's too sheer, and it takes several coats for the colour to show up. On top of that, it's not as moisturizing as the name of the lipstick implies. Sadly, this was a miss for me and will not be purchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Juliette119

These lipsticks have the worst packaging. 2 of mine broke for no reason. They do feel smooth on the lips, but the shade Lollies didn't even show up. Some are opaque and some are super sheer. Wouldn't recommend:(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by gopenyet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

worst lipstick i ever had. feels like a cheap lip tint. the colour stay on my lips but make my lips soooooo dry and chapped.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shade in little susie and it's the perfect pink lipstick for NC40 skintones. With that said, I didn't find this lipstick particularly hydrating and despite exfoliating and applying lip balm it dried my lips out and the lipstick didn't have much staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the shade Caps and it is gorgeous. It feels amazing, so moisturizing and soft. It isn't long lasting, but I don't mind reapplying - no lipsticks last long on me. I really love this lipstick. It actually sells itself as others have asked me where I got my lipstick and ran out and bought it. It's the steal of the century.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this little beauty in the shade "Pops" and it is a perfect MLBB colour for me! I swipe this on a couple of times and it basically evens out my lips and makes them look great! Doesn't settle into fine lines or emphasize dryness but I do wear vaseline beforehand just in case.

Lasts for 2-3 hours with minimal eating/drinking, so definitely not long lasting, but so worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have issues with lip anything... I have really dry lips always and no matter how much I use my Chapstick, or a lip scrub, or anything, I can never get soft lips.

I was attracted to these butter lipsticks because they were cheap and had lots of pretty colors, so I decided to pick up the Candy Buttons one based on what my boyfriend liked and what I liked. (I chose out 3 and he made the final decision because I couldn't decide!).

At first I loved this product. I placed it over my chapstick and the color is just so pretty on my pale-ish skin, that it makes it seem very soft. After a bit, I noticed the lipstick starting to gather into my lines. I removed some excess with a tissue and that seemed to fix it. So I figured every time I wear this, I apply it, and then remove some excess on a tissue.

I wore it kind of a lot but for me, a lot is less than normal for other girls on here. :P And after a bit... I just started disliking this product.

I noticed that wearing it made me have this taste in the back of my mouth as if my mouth was dry. It also never ever looks good when my lips are just slightly dry, even with chapstick underneath. And this product is not moisturizing at all, which makes the butter name misleading.

But here is the thing, maybe it's just this light shade. I tend to have issues with light shades of lipstick of any kind. I have the baby lips in Pink Punch which leaves this lovely bright pink but still subtle tint on my lips, but after a bit, it settles into my lines just like this lipstick. I have the same baby lips in Cherry (the red one, I can't find it to tell you the exact name), and it wears wonderfully. The Color whispers are the same. I have petal rebel which settles in my lines and looks blah after a few minutes, while the pin up peach looks fine and fantastic.

So there's my review, take it as you please and I hope it helped. My previous experience with lighter colors tells me to never buy this exact color again, but maybe when there is another sale at Ulta or something, I'll pick up another shade and add an edit to this review.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Taffy, which shows up as a cooler baby pink on my NW20 skintone. All in all, I quite like this. The formula is semi-opaque and quite moisturizing. Most lipsticks (all of the MAC formulas, Maybelline Color Whispers and Baby Lips, Revlon Super Lustrous, ELF mineral) make my lips peel, this did not. For that reason alone I would repurchase.