November 28, 2014 | 1435 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Butter Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by katekatekaate

I bought this in 'Pops' at Ulta and I have mixed feelings. It's the perfect MLBB shade for my fair skin, however I felt like I had to reapply it fairly often and it was mildly drying. I probably won't use this in the cold of winter when my lips are dryer as it is, but during warmer months it will probably be a go to shade. The packaging does look cheap, but at this price I'll deal with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by letsburnbridges

PROS: True to advertisement, this lipstick seriously glides on like butter. It is so smooth, moisturizing, and easy to apply! Not to mention, you have a wide range of colors to choose from that can easily be used for simple everyday makeup to really dramatic looks.

CONS: You will need to touch up throughout the day, probably a couple of times because the formula doesn't last forever. The packaging is not the best; it's just cheap plastic, but so far this hasn't been a huge problem for me.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Such a great product with high quality and super low price! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's in the process of trying out lipsticks for the first time. Great to just throw in your purse and take with you on-the-go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

NYX Butter Lipstick is a good, hydrating lipstick. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of thinking light colors like Cotton Candy (light pink) & Gumdrop (bubble-gum pink) would look good on my dark skin; for reference I am a NC45 in MAC foundations. These are definitely creamy—almost to a fault—but are nicely pigmented. My only complaint is settling into the lines in my lips. I personally didn't have any feathering or bleeding. I'll probably try my luck with these lipsticks again, but with more flattering shades for my skin tone like Mary Janes (true red), Licorice (deep burgundy), or Pops (mauve).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

Perfectly hideous cheap case, but the plus is you can find your shade without hunting for your reading glasses. Texture is soft, matte, but texturally light and creamy. The colour is dense and rich. Very soft on the lips. Not as moist or sheer as some, but perfectly nice for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by thelovelytiara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this especially In HUNK I wear this color almost every other day. Perfect Purple/plum color

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ACVR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This are wonderful lipsticks. Creamy, glossy, comfortable to wear, pigmented, it has it all! You can add a little for a tint or add a lot and it will look great both ways. The packaging is a little off but still cute.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hideous packaging. I normally find Nyx's products to be fairly plain looking - which I like. As far as a drugstore cosmetic goes, the Butter Lipstick is as loud and cheap looking as you can get. That being said, the product itself is really good. I've purchased Pops as it's my new go-to lipstick. It's creamy, long lasting and the scent is sweet and very subtle. If only the packaging had as much restraint!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Marbon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the colour "little susie". The packaging is really cute and one of my favourites as it instantly shows you what colour you're going for. It is not so sturdy though. This is to be expected considering the price that is being paid. I loved it as soon as i applied the colour! BUT...staying power is somewhat average (then again its a "butter" and not a matte) and I did hate the fact that it also settled into a thin line after about 45 mins which made me look weird! Hence I am giving this a 3. Not sure whether I would repurchase this - I will however finish it off for sure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I adore these. They do feel exactly like butter to apply, and are the most comfortable liptick I've ever worn. My favorite shade is Pops, which, with the right lip lipliner, gives that infamous Kylie Jenner type of lip. I wouldn't say these are sheer lipsticks, but they're definitely not like a MAC amplified formula or anything. That being said, some colors are more sheer than others, espeically the lighter shades. But I find the majority to be well pigmented. And they're not long wearing but they hold up relatively well on me at least. I think that these do everything they claim to do and I have no complaints! Love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are terrible because they are so drying. I have at least four colors and they are beautiful and very flattering on my fair, cool skintone. The formula however should never have the word "butter" in the name. I apply the lipstick and in about 15 minutes I want to reach for a lipgloss because my lips feel so dry. It's a shame. I love the colors of these lippies but I won't purchase again.