August 28, 2014 | 1685 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Butter Lipstick

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Juliette119

These lipsticks have the worst packaging. 2 of mine broke for no reason. They do feel smooth on the lips, but the shade Lollies didn't even show up. Some are opaque and some are super sheer. Wouldn't recommend:(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by gopenyet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

worst lipstick i ever had. feels like a cheap lip tint. the colour stay on my lips but make my lips soooooo dry and chapped.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shade in little susie and it's the perfect pink lipstick for NC40 skintones. With that said, I didn't find this lipstick particularly hydrating and despite exfoliating and applying lip balm it dried my lips out and the lipstick didn't have much staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the shade Caps and it is gorgeous. It feels amazing, so moisturizing and soft. It isn't long lasting, but I don't mind reapplying - no lipsticks last long on me. I really love this lipstick. It actually sells itself as others have asked me where I got my lipstick and ran out and bought it. It's the steal of the century.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this little beauty in the shade "Pops" and it is a perfect MLBB colour for me! I swipe this on a couple of times and it basically evens out my lips and makes them look great! Doesn't settle into fine lines or emphasize dryness but I do wear vaseline beforehand just in case.

Lasts for 2-3 hours with minimal eating/drinking, so definitely not long lasting, but so worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have issues with lip anything... I have really dry lips always and no matter how much I use my Chapstick, or a lip scrub, or anything, I can never get soft lips.

I was attracted to these butter lipsticks because they were cheap and had lots of pretty colors, so I decided to pick up the Candy Buttons one based on what my boyfriend liked and what I liked. (I chose out 3 and he made the final decision because I couldn't decide!).

At first I loved this product. I placed it over my chapstick and the color is just so pretty on my pale-ish skin, that it makes it seem very soft. After a bit, I noticed the lipstick starting to gather into my lines. I removed some excess with a tissue and that seemed to fix it. So I figured every time I wear this, I apply it, and then remove some excess on a tissue.

I wore it kind of a lot but for me, a lot is less than normal for other girls on here. :P And after a bit... I just started disliking this product.

I noticed that wearing it made me have this taste in the back of my mouth as if my mouth was dry. It also never ever looks good when my lips are just slightly dry, even with chapstick underneath. And this product is not moisturizing at all, which makes the butter name misleading.

But here is the thing, maybe it's just this light shade. I tend to have issues with light shades of lipstick of any kind. I have the baby lips in Pink Punch which leaves this lovely bright pink but still subtle tint on my lips, but after a bit, it settles into my lines just like this lipstick. I have the same baby lips in Cherry (the red one, I can't find it to tell you the exact name), and it wears wonderfully. The Color whispers are the same. I have petal rebel which settles in my lines and looks blah after a few minutes, while the pin up peach looks fine and fantastic.

So there's my review, take it as you please and I hope it helped. My previous experience with lighter colors tells me to never buy this exact color again, but maybe when there is another sale at Ulta or something, I'll pick up another shade and add an edit to this review.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Taffy, which shows up as a cooler baby pink on my NW20 skintone. All in all, I quite like this. The formula is semi-opaque and quite moisturizing. Most lipsticks (all of the MAC formulas, Maybelline Color Whispers and Baby Lips, Revlon Super Lustrous, ELF mineral) make my lips peel, this did not. For that reason alone I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Syababy06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use several colours. I like how it's so moisturising but the colour still shows. the smell is good too like a sweet sugary. but not all of the colour feels smooth when you apply it tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I just indulged in one of these with another haul to round out to get better shipping. Liquorice a DEEP Red burgundy. Very opaque, very creamy. I didn't get to test this real long as I got this close to spring and for me this is definitely going to be a fall winter wear. However my wear time was about average. I did get a bit of stain with this so if I didn't get the chance to do a proper re-apply (because this one you do need to see what you are doing or you will look like you've been eatting red Liquorice) I was able to swipe balm on and it look good until I could get to a mirror.

I did get a bit of bleeding which maybe due to age and some lip lines. I have too faced lip base product plus I will put product on blot off add HD powder and re apply again along with liner. But I find even with the higher end like UD I still have to do that as well. IT's a great product and color for the price. May not be the lippy you want to reach for when you know it's going to be the day from Hell. but if you are looking for a good Drug store brand with a little punch and saturated color this is an excellent one to try.

Oh two more things. You need exfoliated lips for this or it will cake and peel and if you have the ability to get to an Ulta, CVS, Walmart or Target (that carry the line) Go try them at the store. NYX color charts for me were not that accurate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by nsoluski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

NEW FAVORITE:
Snow Cap is beautiful muted nude. Not pink, yet not beige or pinky/mauve-toned. Opaque with 2-3 layers/swipes and, of course, hydrating. Not long lasting, but expected out of a "butter" product. My product lasts about 2 hours, but that is with drinking water and such. Feels like a thicker chap-stick. The product silkily glides on lips, and when paired with a matching lip liner, it is easy to get perfect, natural lips.

The window/ acrylic in the package previews the actual color, unlike NYX lipstick where it is a silicone rubber insert duped to the product color, which I appreciate in packaging previews. Packaging matches color, making it easy to find in my drawer or lippies.
$4.99 at my local ULTA.
More opaque than NYX's Chunky Dunk in same color.