NYX Butter Lipstick

3.6

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de candelilla, Polyethylene, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 4/25/2015 2:35:00 PM

I have this product in the color Hot Tamale. My search for a perfect orange shade has seen many failed attempts (like some Korean lipsticks that make me look like an alien - one of them is... just weird, very different from everything i have tried... the other one just looks like my favorite text highlighting pen - aggressive neon red orange, ugly as sin) so Hot Tamale is still a success, because i can wear it. However, it's extremely messy - use brush to apply it, or you'll get red orange hands like me when trying to remove the smudge from right outside your lips. And use lip liner. Don't even try without. And use lip balm under, or... else.

on 4/21/2015 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this as a sample in my March Ipsy bag.

I have the shade pops which is a taupey-berry colour. It's a nice shade that could go either day or night.

It has nice pigmentation and feels good on my lips, and I love the colour. However, this doesn't last more than an hour, so you'll have to reapply it.

on 4/20/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I got one of these in my Ipsy bag and so far so good! It glides on really creamy, and is the perfect MLBB color for me. I don't have the issue with flaking or creasing, but i don't get extremely dry lips so this might be different for me.

on 4/15/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good pigmentation, lasting power is horrible and leaves a stain in between the lines on your lips.
Be sure to apply a thin layer of lip balm before you use it, otherwise it will look tragic! Dry and flaky!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love these lipsticks. I've bought 5 different ones thinking that maybe I just lucked out with the color and maybe a different color would work better. I do not like the formula of these at all. They are streaky and messy and don't give good coverage. If your lips are even a tad dry be prepared for a mess on your hands. I usually love Nyx but I was not impressed with these at all.

on 4/3/2015 10:03:00 PM

I love the texture and pigmentation of this lipstick. I have the shade Hunk, which is a delicious berry shade. This is pretty long-lasting as well. One problem with this product is that the cap does not stay on the lipstick.

I have this lipstick in a few shades. Hunk is a pretty magenta, leaning toward violet. Mary Janes is a really pretty cherry red. Pops is a very nice YLLB that is on the cool side, great for those of us who generally find pinky nudes too warm. Licorice is a purple based vampy that looks striking with blue eyes. Swatches of these can be found all over the Internet. For reference, I am pale with very pink undertones. I find that nyx shades in general tend to pull to the cool side. The packaging for these is a little fiddley; you have to make sure to twist and lock it down because the twisting mechanism is weirdly loose. These lipsticks are nice and opaque, and the finish is on the creamy matte side of the spectrum. I find that despite their name, they are not moisturizing at all, and actually make my lips pretty flakey as the day goes on. However, some of the colors (Mary Janes, and pops) are nice enough that I put up with it once in a while, and just do a lip treatment when I get home. The wearing power is very good, and these are a great price point for the colors and quality.

on 3/21/2015 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I own Pops, Mary Janes, and Licorice. These are super comfortable but they are definitely not long wear. Pops is the exact color of my lips, so it's nice to even out the edges. Mary Janes is red. Licorice is a plummy red. I have minor issues with the formula of licorice - it can be patchy if I'm not careful.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this in POPS in this month's IPSY glam bag. I really like it so far. It does not dry out my lips, and the color is very pigmented. The color does go on slightly lighter than it appears, but I love the color. You do have to reapply throughout the day, but wearing a primer helps out a lot. All in all, I like it a lot, and I plan on buying more shades!

on 3/19/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I was pleased with the color and what I 'thought' was the moisturizing effect...until around 20 minutes after applying. My lips were completely dry! I ate supper shortly after and my lips kept stinging! I've never had this happen with any lipstick before. My lips weren't chapped prior to using the product. I was very disappointed. If you want to try this lipstick I'd recommend applying a very good gloss prior to using it and be prepared to reapply often as needed as the color doesn't stick around for very long.

Color I used: Hunk