NYX Butter Lipstick

3.6

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de candelilla, Polyethylene, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought two of these; fireball and candy buttons. Fireball is an orange color and candy buttons is a pink nude color. The formula with these are just OK. Which is what ive found with most NYX lip products. Fireball to me is a yellow based orange. I am pretty pale and it kinda washes me out a tad and makes my teeth very very yellow looking so I really do not wear that color. I think I'm to cool toned for it. Candy buttons is a nice nude shade that looks best with a liner. All in all these were fun but I wouldnt repurchase. I would rather get the jumbo lip pencils

I have this in Licorice and I love the color, a nice deep plum or purple. It's not a color I wear much, or that even fits me really well. I just like it so much! Unfortunately this lipstick doesn't last for a real long time, I have to reapply every 2-3 hours to keep a nice coat of color, and forget eating anything while wearing it! It wasn't terribly expensive, it's not drying, and I like the color selection. I'll probably pick up other colors at some point because they are fun and have good variety. I don't like the packaging, it looks kind of tacky and the plastic on the cap cracked the first time I took it anywhere with me. No smell, nice texture, no issues with feathering.

I recently picked this up on a trip to Berlin and I'm really impressed with it - it has a lovely, creamy texture which makes it feel great on the lips but it somehow stays fairly matte aswell.

I have it in the shade 'Little Susie' which is a mid pink and I love how it gives a nice pop of colour. In terms of lasting power, it definitely lasted longer than I expected - I applied it at about 6 or 7 pm on NYE and it stayed put until gone 4am, so that was really impressive.

I think I bought this for about 5 or 6 euros so around 4 pounds which is far cheaper than a lot of other lipsticks for example from Maybelline and much better quality - I love it :)

I got the Pops color in an Ipsy bag. It's moisturizing and a great every day color. The color isn't super long lasting, but it lasts longer than some other similar "butter" type lip products that I've tried. I probably would not repurchase though because I prefer something longer lasting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like the two butter lipsticks I have. They are glossy but so much like a lip gloss, moisturizing, and easy to put on. It reminds me of a tinted Chapstick but slicker feeling. I don't need lip liner with these although sometimes I will use one. Hubba Bubba is my favorite, a cool, blue light baby pink. It definitely complements against my fair skin. On me it comes off as a slight nude light pink. Super pretty. I love pairing it with smoky or bold eyes. My lips look great after two quick costs. My fiancé even commented that it looked sexy on me. I also own Fun Size, a peachy pink. I pair this with lighter eye makeup and it looks natural but still beautiful. I want to try a more purple berry color next. As always I love NYX and their products.

Smooth going on, does kinda not stay for very long. Has a lot of different colors to choose from. not too keen on the smell of some of them. Some were bland and had no smell. Would I buy it again? Yes as a cheapie lipstick.

Goes on smoothly and easily, was still bright after 4 hours of work and some eating and drinking. I got the juju shade which is a slightly orangey red. Great basic lipstick at this price point.

I purchased this lipstick in Thunderstorm-- I absolutely love the deep purple shade. It really complements my olive skin and green eyes. I gave it 4 lippies because it tends to slide around and bleed a little. I'll have to try it with a liner. Other than that, the pigmentation is great and I will be purchasing more in the future!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely hate these! I bought three different, diverse shades after having problems, hoping the line was just inconsistent but i had similar results with all three. Unfortunately i do not the remember the names and have since given them away. I first purchased a nude shade, then a red, and last a coral pink. They apply streaky and do not last at all. They cling to dry patches worse than any of my matte lipsticks. I gave these several chances (all three shades were purchased over a period of about five months). I absolutely do not understand the hype around them.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely LOVE these. I have three: Pops, Fizzies, and Hunk.
I'm usually a matte lipstick kind of girl and I'm not a big fan of glossy lips.
However, these lipsticks are my one exception.

They feel so moisturizing on the lips. They're pigmented enough and some will even stain your lips. These are absolutely NOT long lasting/long wearing so please don't expect that. They won't last through food.

I would recommend these for those who are looking for easy lipsticks - a dash of color that feels comfortable.

Recommended for Medium Skin