January 30, 2015 | 1876 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Butter Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 5:02:00 PM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought three shades of these lipsticks after seeing a few video reviews. The texture of these lipsticks is really smooth and creamy, they have great pigment and OK staying power. Some of the darker shades leave a little stain on the lips, which I like because it means there is less need for touch ups.

Taffy - a light, but bright cool-toned pink. On me it has a definite blue undertone. Not my usual kind of lipstick shade but it's very pretty and fun.

Little Susie - Medium watermelon pink. This is a gorgeous shade that applies mostly opaque, I like it with a pink lip liner for a little extra coverage. It's perfect everyday shade for me.

Mary Janes - this is a deep red on me with a slight brick undertone. It's not the 'true red' NYX labels it IMHO. I love it, the perfect rich red for winter.

I like these lipsticks enough to look at getting a few more from the range. Great quality, lovely colours and a super-affordable price point.

>>Continue for swatches

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ulta was having an after Christmas sale and I picked up two sets of these, 3 in each set. One set has a dark purple/eggplant, a mauve, and a deep bright red, the other has a bright pink, a peachy nude, and a really light nude. So far I've tried the purple ans the mauve and I really like them! tThey are AO smooth and creamy, they apply like a dream, the pigmentation is fantastic and they feel light and hydrating on my lips. The staying power is pretty good too for what I can tell so far. Really enjoying these!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by BeccaWillBite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Sugar Wafer and Maryjanes in this lipstick. VERY oily, oily to the point you wish they were lip balm and not lipsticks. So slick that the darker red one, Maryjanes, isn't a good coverage of red, and applying more to get a solid cover, looks clownish and greasy. Sugar Wafer is such a beautiful colour concept, except that all of the oil causes the pigment to go on patchy. Maybe a lip primer would solve this. Better to call this a gloss stick than actual lipstick. Great packaging, makes it look more prestigious than the payoff. Good for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by katekatekaate

I bought this in 'Pops' at Ulta and I have mixed feelings. It's the perfect MLBB shade for my fair skin, however I felt like I had to reapply it fairly often and it was mildly drying. I probably won't use this in the cold of winter when my lips are dryer as it is, but during warmer months it will probably be a go to shade. The packaging does look cheap, but at this price I'll deal with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by letsburnbridges

PROS: True to advertisement, this lipstick seriously glides on like butter. It is so smooth, moisturizing, and easy to apply! Not to mention, you have a wide range of colors to choose from that can easily be used for simple everyday makeup to really dramatic looks.

CONS: You will need to touch up throughout the day, probably a couple of times because the formula doesn't last forever. The packaging is not the best; it's just cheap plastic, but so far this hasn't been a huge problem for me.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Such a great product with high quality and super low price! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's in the process of trying out lipsticks for the first time. Great to just throw in your purse and take with you on-the-go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

NYX Butter Lipstick is a good, hydrating lipstick. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of thinking light colors like Cotton Candy (light pink) & Gumdrop (bubble-gum pink) would look good on my dark skin; for reference I am a NC45 in MAC foundations. These are definitely creamy—almost to a fault—but are nicely pigmented. My only complaint is settling into the lines in my lips. I personally didn't have any feathering or bleeding. I'll probably try my luck with these lipsticks again, but with more flattering shades for my skin tone like Mary Janes (true red), Licorice (deep burgundy), or Pops (mauve).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

Perfectly hideous cheap case, but the plus is you can find your shade without hunting for your reading glasses. Texture is soft, matte, but texturally light and creamy. The colour is dense and rich. Very soft on the lips. Not as moist or sheer as some, but perfectly nice for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by thelovelytiara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this especially In HUNK I wear this color almost every other day. Perfect Purple/plum color

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ACVR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This are wonderful lipsticks. Creamy, glossy, comfortable to wear, pigmented, it has it all! You can add a little for a tint or add a lot and it will look great both ways. The packaging is a little off but still cute.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hideous packaging. I normally find Nyx's products to be fairly plain looking - which I like. As far as a drugstore cosmetic goes, the Butter Lipstick is as loud and cheap looking as you can get. That being said, the product itself is really good. I've purchased Pops as it's my new go-to lipstick. It's creamy, long lasting and the scent is sweet and very subtle. If only the packaging had as much restraint!