NYX Butter Lipstick

3.5

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de candelilla, Polyethylene, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 8/29/2015 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I bought the colour Snow Cap. It's a great nude colour. This feels very comfortable. A great find. Will write back soon and let you know how long wearing this is.

on 8/29/2015 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got "Fun Size" and it's a pink nude shade that looks slightly bright on me but it still gives my lips a natural color. The pigmentation is good but it's not opaque, the formula is very creamy and I guess it could be could considered moisturizing. I've heard people say they've had problems with the lighter shades applying patchy but I didn't have that problem. I only wore it for a few hours so I'm not sure how long the wear actually is.

on 8/26/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This brand really did it this time, this new lipstick butter formula is so vibrant and has a huge selection of colors. My fave is the cranberry shade and the bright red, the bright red I like to apply gloss over top and gives you that show stopper look.

For the cranberry I like to use it during the day or when I wear a dark shade dress at night.

on 8/26/2015 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i hate this butter kinda thing. not long lasting at all. bout half and hour the colour is dull and messy

I got one of these in Cotton Candy in a Nyx "natural" makeup kit, and I really don't like it. I usually wear lip balm underneath lipstick, but it doesn't work well with ANY lip balm I use! Also, the color washes my warm toned fair skin out, so I only recommend this if you like really light pink lipsticks. It applies lighter than you think.

on 8/16/2015 10:59:00 PM

The colors I got were all light. These were horrible... I hate to bash nyx because they sell so many products that I do very much love. However, these settled in my lines & emphasized my dry patches on my lips. I moisturized before hand & these still looked so ugly on me. These did not show up no matter how much I applied. These look more like a tinted balm. I will give the darker shades a try. As for the lighter shades I will be avoiding those.

on 8/1/2015 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This lipstick in Pops is a perfect rosy, brownish nude shade. Good consistency and fairly long lasting.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

These lipsticks are a hit or miss. I have 3 shades; fizzies, juju and licorice. Juju and licorice are extremely pigmented, but fizzies is more like a tinted lip balm and the colour doesn't build up no matter how much you put on. I would say that the lighter colours in this range are a waste of money, however the medium/dark colours are worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Very moisturizing, It feels like butter. Looks very professional. A lot of product in tube. Buttery. I don't need more than a few swipes. It surprised me how long and how many hours it lased, when I see a red ring around my mouth after fading or eating or both, I know it's definatlt time to reapply, my bf loves it! Oh ya I have the firecracker coral-red colour my favy, and a light coral colour, the redder one shows more coverage, the lighter one shows cracks in-between the lips. I wish I can purchase more NYX and I will in te upcommingmonths, I can save froms some very expensive brands, with similar quantity ad quality.

on 6/1/2015 6:35:00 AM

I currently own this in Pops, which is also my MLBB. I was quite happy that I was able to find this shade at such a price, because I'd recently misplaced my Sephora lipstick of the identical colour.

I know the lipstick's name is Butter, but I really did not expect it to be as greasy as that. I have dry and chapped lips, and this was extremely uncomfortable for me to wear. Never mind its accentuation of the flakey bits - I felt like my lips were being smothered. I put coconut oil on my lips on a regular basis to moisturise them and even that did not feel as terrible as this! Maybe I'll try dusting a little baby powder on them to keep them matte and see how it goes.

Pigmentation is alright. I can't say much for the staying power, as I can't stand it long enough to see if it can last the day. The packaging is kind of tacky, but I don't think that should be a problem if you're not big on aesthetic.

Recommended for Medium Skin