NYX Butter Lipstick

3.6

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de candelilla, Polyethylene, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 8/1/2015 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This lipstick in Pops is a perfect rosy, brownish nude shade. Good consistency and fairly long lasting.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

These lipsticks are a hit or miss. I have 3 shades; fizzies, juju and licorice. Juju and licorice are extremely pigmented, but fizzies is more like a tinted lip balm and the colour doesn't build up no matter how much you put on. I would say that the lighter colours in this range are a waste of money, however the medium/dark colours are worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Very moisturizing, It feels like butter. Looks very professional. A lot of product in tube. Buttery. I don't need more than a few swipes. It surprised me how long and how many hours it lased, when I see a red ring around my mouth after fading or eating or both, I know it's definatlt time to reapply, my bf loves it! Oh ya I have the firecracker coral-red colour my favy, and a light coral colour, the redder one shows more coverage, the lighter one shows cracks in-between the lips. I wish I can purchase more NYX and I will in te upcommingmonths, I can save froms some very expensive brands, with similar quantity ad quality.

on 6/1/2015 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I currently own this in Pops, which is also my MLBB. I was quite happy that I was able to find this shade at such a price, because I'd recently misplaced my Sephora lipstick of the identical colour.

I know the lipstick's name is Butter, but I really did not expect it to be as greasy as that. I have dry and chapped lips, and this was extremely uncomfortable for me to wear. Never mind its accentuation of the flakey bits - I felt like my lips were being smothered. I put coconut oil on my lips on a regular basis to moisturise them and even that did not feel as terrible as this! Maybe I'll try dusting a little baby powder on them to keep them matte and see how it goes.

Pigmentation is alright. I can't say much for the staying power, as I can't stand it long enough to see if it can last the day. The packaging is kind of tacky, but I don't think that should be a problem if you're not big on aesthetic.

on 5/9/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this product in the colors Candy Buttons and Snow Cap. Both are definitely buttery, smooth and subtle. The colors are beautiful and feel lovely on the lips, I don't notice a smell.

This product however cannot be used alone. If you want a lippie that you can swipe over your lips and it will stay all day this isn't it. If you use it on bare lips you probably wont be too wowed. Because it is so buttery it will slide off.

BUT!!!! If you prep your lips with concealer and/or lip primer, with a matching lip liner, you will love this product. I find them the perfect compliemnt to the NYC Soft Matte Lip Creams, which can be drying (but have gorgeous pigment!).

on 4/26/2015 2:29:00 AM

I have the color Pops. On me it just adds a tinge of berry sheen to my lips. It's very creamy and easy to apply.

on 4/25/2015 2:35:00 PM

I have this product in the color Hot Tamale. My search for a perfect orange shade has seen many failed attempts (like some Korean lipsticks that make me look like an alien - one of them is... just weird, very different from everything i have tried... the other one just looks like my favorite text highlighting pen - aggressive neon red orange, ugly as sin) so Hot Tamale is still a success, because i can wear it. However, it's extremely messy - use brush to apply it, or you'll get red orange hands like me when trying to remove the smudge from right outside your lips. And use lip liner. Don't even try without. And use lip balm under, or... else.

on 4/21/2015 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this as a sample in my March Ipsy bag.

I have the shade pops which is a taupey-berry colour. It's a nice shade that could go either day or night.

It has nice pigmentation and feels good on my lips, and I love the colour. However, this doesn't last more than an hour, so you'll have to reapply it.

on 4/20/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I got one of these in my Ipsy bag and so far so good! It glides on really creamy, and is the perfect MLBB color for me. I don't have the issue with flaking or creasing, but i don't get extremely dry lips so this might be different for me.

on 4/15/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good pigmentation, lasting power is horrible and leaves a stain in between the lines on your lips.
Be sure to apply a thin layer of lip balm before you use it, otherwise it will look tragic! Dry and flaky!

Popular Lipsticks