July 29, 2014 | 1966 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Butter Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have issues with lip anything... I have really dry lips always and no matter how much I use my Chapstick, or a lip scrub, or anything, I can never get soft lips.

I was attracted to these butter lipsticks because they were cheap and had lots of pretty colors, so I decided to pick up the Candy Buttons one based on what my boyfriend liked and what I liked. (I chose out 3 and he made the final decision because I couldn't decide!).

At first I loved this product. I placed it over my chapstick and the color is just so pretty on my pale-ish skin, that it makes it seem very soft. After a bit, I noticed the lipstick starting to gather into my lines. I removed some excess with a tissue and that seemed to fix it. So I figured every time I wear this, I apply it, and then remove some excess on a tissue.

I wore it kind of a lot but for me, a lot is less than normal for other girls on here. :P And after a bit... I just started disliking this product.

I noticed that wearing it made me have this taste in the back of my mouth as if my mouth was dry. It also never ever looks good when my lips are just slightly dry, even with chapstick underneath. And this product is not moisturizing at all, which makes the butter name misleading.

But here is the thing, maybe it's just this light shade. I tend to have issues with light shades of lipstick of any kind. I have the baby lips in Pink Punch which leaves this lovely bright pink but still subtle tint on my lips, but after a bit, it settles into my lines just like this lipstick. I have the same baby lips in Cherry (the red one, I can't find it to tell you the exact name), and it wears wonderfully. The Color whispers are the same. I have petal rebel which settles in my lines and looks blah after a few minutes, while the pin up peach looks fine and fantastic.

So there's my review, take it as you please and I hope it helped. My previous experience with lighter colors tells me to never buy this exact color again, but maybe when there is another sale at Ulta or something, I'll pick up another shade and add an edit to this review.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Taffy, which shows up as a cooler baby pink on my NW20 skintone. All in all, I quite like this. The formula is semi-opaque and quite moisturizing. Most lipsticks (all of the MAC formulas, Maybelline Color Whispers and Baby Lips, Revlon Super Lustrous, ELF mineral) make my lips peel, this did not. For that reason alone I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Syababy06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use several colours. I like how it's so moisturising but the colour still shows. the smell is good too like a sweet sugary. but not all of the colour feels smooth when you apply it tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I just indulged in one of these with another haul to round out to get better shipping. Liquorice a DEEP Red burgundy. Very opaque, very creamy. I didn't get to test this real long as I got this close to spring and for me this is definitely going to be a fall winter wear. However my wear time was about average. I did get a bit of stain with this so if I didn't get the chance to do a proper re-apply (because this one you do need to see what you are doing or you will look like you've been eatting red Liquorice) I was able to swipe balm on and it look good until I could get to a mirror.

I did get a bit of bleeding which maybe due to age and some lip lines. I have too faced lip base product plus I will put product on blot off add HD powder and re apply again along with liner. But I find even with the higher end like UD I still have to do that as well. IT's a great product and color for the price. May not be the lippy you want to reach for when you know it's going to be the day from Hell. but if you are looking for a good Drug store brand with a little punch and saturated color this is an excellent one to try.

Oh two more things. You need exfoliated lips for this or it will cake and peel and if you have the ability to get to an Ulta, CVS, Walmart or Target (that carry the line) Go try them at the store. NYX color charts for me were not that accurate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by nsoluski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

NEW FAVORITE:
Snow Cap is beautiful muted nude. Not pink, yet not beige or pinky/mauve-toned. Opaque with 2-3 layers/swipes and, of course, hydrating. Not long lasting, but expected out of a "butter" product. My product lasts about 2 hours, but that is with drinking water and such. Feels like a thicker chap-stick. The product silkily glides on lips, and when paired with a matching lip liner, it is easy to get perfect, natural lips.

The window/ acrylic in the package previews the actual color, unlike NYX lipstick where it is a silicone rubber insert duped to the product color, which I appreciate in packaging previews. Packaging matches color, making it easy to find in my drawer or lippies.
$4.99 at my local ULTA.
More opaque than NYX's Chunky Dunk in same color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have two of these in the colors Sweet Tart and Licorice. Sweet Tart is my go to lipstick as if it's perfect for just about any look it also applies nice and even and doesn't settle into dry patches or lines which is perfect, it's a definitely no fuss sort of lipstick which I love, it also fades very evenly! Licorice on the other hand is a different story, no surprise since it's a dark lip color, it's a beautiful color for my pale skin, not too dark but still vampy. However your lips will need a bit of TLC before applying this, but not nearly as much as it took me with MAC Cyber, just a little heavy duty lip balm before application. The formula feels great on the lips just like Sweet Tart. My biggest complaint is that when it fades it leaves the lipliner line around the edges of your lips which with a color this dark is NOT attractive. I found both shades to also be pretty long lasting, lasting through a meal as well. I will definitely purchase these again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have this in Fizzies, a bright strawberry/coral that really pops with my pale coloring. Great for spring. It's not terribly pigmented and it wears off fairly quickly. You can apply without a mirror, and it's nice and creamy, feels moisturizing. Cons= highlights chapped/flaky lips, doesn't last. I'll use it up but probably not buy again. Unscented/unflavored.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

Im really disappointed with these lipstick butters. I love NYX products well most of them and this is one of the few that didn't make my repurchase list. I have the colors Candy Buttons and Bits of Honey. I had ordered these online through the NYX website and I do like the color of Candy Buttons, on the NYX website is states the color is a peachy pink which I would agree( I really love peachy lip colors) but the Bits of Honey I cant even wear because it looks so bad. On NYXs site is states its a nude with peach undertone. The picture it shows of this lipstick is a pretty light color but as I own many light shades of lip products I didn't think this would be a problem. When I tried this on though it looked like I basically put concealer all over my lips. It completely washed me out. Other than that I don't like the texture of these. They are very drying and they will show up any dry spot even dry spots you didn't know you had on your lips. I am giving this two lippies because I like the Candy Buttons color and if I wear a lip balm under this and a gloss on top then it looks ok however I would not repurchase this. They just aren't "buttery" at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh, that about somes it up. I picked up a Butter Lipstick in Lollies, it's a light peachy orange color that reminds me of creamsicles. But I was not impressed. The color turned out to be very pale, pastel almost and just washed me out. It might work to tone down a bright orange lipstick. If it had been opaque the pastel color could have worked, but in all it's patchy, uneven glory it just looked terrible. It didn't feel buttery at all, nor was it glossy. NYX gets so much love and nearly every product I have ever tried from the brand is average at best.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked up a couple of these during a business trip "I'm lonely and desperate" haul at a mediocre mall that had several Nyx purveyors. Well, I admit making a mistake on Nyx is less expensive than making a mistake with Chanel. I find these too dry, especially for something called a butter. The color is fine but they're not moisturizing or glossy. Meh.