L'Oreal True Match Mineral Instant Shine Eraser

4.2

Talc, Perlite, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/31/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This powder is ok, but I can't give it a better rating because of its horrible packaging. It broke within a couple of weeks. I kept carrying it around anyway, because for a drugstore powder it is a little pricy, but once again, the packaging broke even more, so it's basically useless to carry around, which is what I wanted it for.

The powder itself is ok, looks nice when it's freshly put on, but as far as long term shine control it does nothing. Still a nice, regular powder.

on 2/28/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this powder as a setting and blotting powder. It is quite pricey for the drugstore tho. This is my second repurchase, which was about $12.99 at target :(. So sad that the prices for L'oreal products are getting just as expensive a Physician's Formula. Still love the powder tho. Keeps me matte for about 6 hours.

on 12/26/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The ingredients in this powder are EXACTLY the same as the new Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless Powder coming in Spring 2015. The Loreal pressed retails for about $11.99-$12.99. This powder from Maybelline has the exact SAME ingredients and it looks like it will retail about half the price. If you cannot wait to get your hands on the new Maybelline, try the Loreal one as it's already out there. If you cannot find your color in the Loreal, but like the finish, than maybe Maybelline will have a color for you!

Loreal ingredients:
Talc, Perlite, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol.
May contain CI77891 Titanium Dioxide, CI7791, CI77492, CI77499 Iron Oxides.

Maybelline ingredients:
TALC PERLITE TRIISOSTEARIN PHENYL TRIMETHICONE MAGNESIUM STEARATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES ]

I think the Loreal has better more true shades than Maybelline, but Maybelline is about half the cost. All in all though - the SAME product!!

on 11/7/2014 8:17:00 PM

I gave this 3 lippies because of the lightweight consistency,shade matching and it feels wonderful on your face. What I didn't like is that although I do not have oily skin, I only purchased this because the foundation I was using was incredibly greasy and I thought it might help control the shine. It did but not for 16 hours,more like 3.

on 10/27/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This pressed powder is everything I wanted the Bare Minerals Ready powder to be but at a fraction of the cost. With the Bare Minerals pressed powder, I had to exchange it on two different occasions because I was incorrectly matched. The coverage was excellent, except it has a gray tint to it which gave the illusion of dryness and dull skin. After using the entire compact, I desperately wanted to search for a new powder regardless of price. The goal was to look for a powder that will keep me matte all day and not break me out.

After heavy some serious research, I mean sleepless nights, and yes it's that serious, I saw many positive reviews of the L'Oreal True Match powder. I went to my local CVS with the intention of purchasing it but when I saw the display to L'Oreal's new pressed Mineral line I couldn't say no! I bought this in the W-6-7 which is equivalent to medium tan or NC40-42. This color matched me perfectly and as far as the coverage, it keeps me matte for over 8 hours. The powder gives a light coverage but it is buildable to a medium. I don't reapply during the day yet I don't look like a grease ball. With that I decided to change my makeup routine which may seem unethical for someone with my acne; apply concealer only on any redness spots then use the powder and kabuki brush to set it. I love the airbrushed results and I have not gone back to using foundation throughout the face. And the icing on the cake: IT DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!

The only downside to the product is the packaging, as the lid breaks within a couple weeks of purchasing it. I am on my second compact and it's happened twice. Other than that, it is a fabulous product that I will continue to repurchase.

on 10/15/2014 4:26:00 PM

Since Maybelline d/c'd Dream Matte powder, I'd been looking for something to replace it that wouldn't break me out (sans Bismulth Oxychloride, Boron Nitride and the other stuff my skin seems to freak out at). I got this after trying the True Match Blendable powder which didn't cause a reaction, but just went on too cakey, even once I found the right shade for my skin. This is about as close as I think I'll get to my beloved Dream Matte powder. Dream Matte went on with a little more coverage than this and did feel a bit more velvety. This one doesn't break me out, but it does go on quite sheer, and is not all that buildable. It doesn't seem to oxidize or pull orange thankfully, unlike the L'oreal Blendable powder. I found I had to get W3 (nude beige) in order to get a good match. I may go up a shade lighter now that winter is approaching. W3 appears darker in the pan than anything I'd normally buy, but the shade I initially bought went on way too chalky looking (I think it was a Neutral or Cool shade?). I have pale olive/yellow skin. Usually end up buying the lightest/2nd lightest shades in most lines. I don't use the foam applicator that comes with this. I use this to even out my skin tone with a kabuki, after using a bit of Vichy Dermablend foundation as a concealer. While I'm not in love with this, I am so happy to have found it and I will definitely keep buying as long as the formula isn't tweaked for the worse because it doesn't seem to upset my skin, and it keeps my oilies at bay pretty well. I'll use this in the a.m. to set my makeup and reduce my post sunscreen shine, and maybe only need a touch up or two on my T zone during the day.

on 10/10/2014 10:33:00 AM

Love this powder. It's so lightweight and never powdery looking or feeling. Provides just the right amount of coverage (light-medium) and mattifies my face without looking like I'm wearing a ton of powder.

I have extremely acne-prone skin and this has never made me itchy or break out.

on 10/3/2014 11:40:00 AM

This has a lightweight, silky texture that really does help to control shine. It looks natural on, not powdery and doesn't settle into my pores and lines and lasts all day. I am so used to seeing my t-zone all shiny at the end of the day but not no more.
I noticed someone commenting on the ingredients so I went to beautypedia and this is what she has listed: Talc, Perlite, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol-not Phenyl Dimethicone but Trimethicone, don't know how different they are though.

on 4/13/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I think this stuff was breaking me out! :-/ I had read rave reviews and was so excited to trade up to a new True Match pressed powder. I got a good deal since I had Extracare Bucks but I'm miffed I pitched the receipt because I can't use this. I was getting breakouts everywhere on my face; eensy little zits in places I usually wouldn't. I figured out that this had to be the culprit because my PF bronzer was purchased before I added True Match to the mix and their stuff never harms my skin. What a bummer. Back to my regular True Match powder (at least it's cheaper). Mattifying products always break me out. I will stick to my shine absorbing sheets.

UPDATE: did a little ingredient digging and I'm not crazy! I compared the ingredient list for this vs. original True Match pressed powder and here's the one ingredient that was causing me breakouts: phenyl dimethicone. Yup, that's a silicone and I think most of CG's face products have a silicone of some kind in them too (their face products get me every time, I have forsworn all). For any curious minds/here is proof of why dimethicone is my skin's enemy: http://cincovidas.com/dimethicone-the-truth-behind-this-common-cosmetics-ingredient/

I'm not saying this will break out everybody's skin. Clearly, cosmetic companies make products with silicone of some kind and people out there buy them, no issues, no problems. But I feel so betrayed by my beloved True Match. I went and bought my tried and true True Match this evening.

Bottom line: Ye have been warned.

UPDATE: Okay, that was my bad, it IS Phenyl Trimethicone (might have been a goof on my part, I often write my reviews pretty late in the evening) but that is still what the difference is between the original and this.

on 4/4/2014 2:54:00 AM

I am SO happy I got this! For the last few years I have been using MAC MSF Natural in Medium and it was my HG powder foundation. It still is but it was starting to get difficult to afford every 3 months. I then heard about this line of mineral pressed powders and remember how much I loved the liquid true match foundation when I was younger and gave it a try. I am so happy to say it is quite comparable to the MSFN! This powder is a bit more matte but the colour selection is wonderful and once it sets in after 10 mins or so it looks just as good. I wouldn't say it lasts 16 hours though, but it definitely will last a full work day. I bought it in the shades nude beige and buff beige and to be honest they both look really natural. Best drugstore powder ever and so much more affordable than MAC. Just amazing.

Edit: I have since stopped using this as I have found better alternatives that look more like the MAC MFSN. This powder is still a good option if you want a simple flat matte powder. But I prefer my powder to have a bit more of a glow (not too glowy) to give my face more of a healthy look.