September 3, 2014 | 1034 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - True Match Mineral Instant Shine Eraser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this stuff was breaking me out! :-/ I had read rave reviews and was so excited to trade up to a new True Match pressed powder. I got a good deal since I had Extracare Bucks but I'm miffed I pitched the receipt because I can't use this. I was getting breakouts everywhere on my face; eensy little zits in places I usually wouldn't. I figured out that this had to be the culprit because my PF bronzer was purchased before I added True Match to the mix and their stuff never harms my skin. What a bummer. Back to my regular True Match powder (at least it's cheaper). Mattifying products always break me out. I will stick to my shine absorbing sheets.

UPDATE: did a little ingredient digging and I'm not crazy! I compared the ingredient list for this vs. original True Match pressed powder and here's the one ingredient that was causing me breakouts: phenyl dimethicone. Yup, that's a silicone and I think most of CG's face products have a silicone of some kind in them too (their face products get me every time, I have forsworn all). For any curious minds/here is proof of why dimethicone is my skin's enemy: http://cincovidas.com/dimethicone-the-truth-behind-this-common-cosmetics-ingredient/

I'm not saying this will break out everybody's skin. Clearly, cosmetic companies make products with silicone of some kind and people out there buy them, no issues, no problems. But I feel so betrayed by my beloved True Match. I went and bought my tried and true True Match this evening.

Bottom line: Ye have been warned.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by apk2

I am SO happy I got this! For the last few years I have been using MAC MSF Natural in Medium and it was my HG powder foundation. It still is but it was starting to get difficult to afford every 3 months. I then heard about this line of mineral pressed powders and remember how much I loved the liquid true match foundation when I was younger and gave it a try. I am so happy to say it is quite comparable to the MSFN! This powder is a bit more matte but the colour selection is wonderful and once it sets in after 10 mins or so it looks just as good. I wouldn't say it lasts 16 hours though, but it definitely will last a full work day. I bought it in the shades nude beige and buff beige and to be honest they both look really natural. Best drugstore powder ever and so much more affordable than MAC. Just amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by pyrochemical

Seal's makeup well and gives a good finish for my oily zones. A bit dry on the area around my nose which I generally expect. Nice and translucent doesn't change the color of my makeup. the brush included applies the product a bit thickly so I use the eco tools finishing brush.