Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn

4.4

on 8/20/2015 11:13:00 AM

This is SO easy to go overboard in and go into Groucho Marx territory! That being said, when used with an extremely light touch, it's what I deem the perfect brow product! Will stay through sweat oil and swimming til you take it off. I put a little on my hand and work from there. I wouldn't work directly from the pot. I use auburn and have ginger hair (faux). It looks like seriously BLACK when overused. I tint my brows to match my hair and with a light touch it looks perfect. If it were 1/2 shade lighter I wouldn't complain. However, the most perfect brow product I've used. Btw my brows are sparse and have very little 'tail', so a mascara like thing wouldn't work for me since I'm essentially drawing the tail on. Unless you're like the palest strawberry blonde, I'd say if you're a redhead try the auburn and just use a light touch! How many times did I say that haha. 5 stars!

on 6/14/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this the other day after pondering wether or not to buy this for a while. Was very excited to try it, and used it with Beter Elite Eyebrow and Eyelash brush.
Luckily, the color was not as orange or warm as I had worried about. It was more a typical light brown but leaning towards the warmer side instead of the ashy.
The packaging is beautiful but have a hard time applying.

on 4/30/2015 3:02:00 AM

after playing with this product for 3 months, i would give this a final rating of 3/5. initially i thought it was an excellent product,smooth waxy mousse texture, pigmented and long lasting.

but, i realize its pigmentation is just average. i end up having to scrape more product to get the coverage i want, but its waxy texture is quite annoying at times. it bulks up and wastes the product. i have to use a matte eyeshadow to finish the look as i feel it's not pigmented as i thought.

i love the packaging- it looks luxurious and something to brag to my friends. but the performance is just average. for brows, i like to use $8 nyx smudger and liner (brown) and this has intense pigmentation. beats the crap out of anastasia. morphe brushes also has a brow pomade for $6, i have the shade bare which is tad darker than abh's caramel and it also beats abh formula.

overall, i cant recommend this product. im returning both the caramel and auburn shades.the formula and pigmentation isnt justifiable for its high price.

in another light, the money saved will be bought for morphe's two new shades of brown gel liners which can also be used for brows.

on 4/27/2015 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My eyebrows have become skimpy over the years due to a medication I have to take each day. I have tried powders, gels, pencils and now this. Nothing has worked as well as the Dipbrow. It glides on easily and using it with the Anastasia #12 brush/spoolie, it is easy to carve out a good shape and then fill in. I have warm brown hair with reddish highlights and the Auburn is perfect for me. I had originally ordered the Chocolate online, but when it arrived, it looked too dark for me. I drove over to my local Ulta store and a woman there said, 'No, I think Auburn is a better match," so I exchanged it. As everyone has said, it takes very little to get rich color, so go easy when dipping in the brush. You can see that this pot will last forever. As for the complaints about the product drying out, I was advised to always twist the cap very tightly. If it does get dry, just drip in a tiny bit of mineral oil.

Now, as for the shaping of my brows. Well, considering that they have become two little puny wisps of nothing, I can get as creative as I like. The brush is excellent for carving; gives good control. I drew in the bottom first, then the top, pulling the two sides together at the tail. Then I filled in. I did not expect to get great-looking brows on my very first try, but they came out looking beautiful. I take the spoolie end of the brush and smooth the hairs down. Once it is set, I apply a clear gel, which is not actually necessary, but it makes me feel better knowing I have applied it. After that sets, I take Benefit High Brow Glow (not so sure about this product. It's okay, but does not really "glow" much on the brow bone) and run it under the brows, being sure to color in under the arch. It's a pretty effect, but I will be looking for a better highlighter when this one runs down.

Will definitely be using Dipbrow as my HG brow makeup from now on. Of course, at my age, and considering how much there is in the pot, chances are I will die before it does. Recommend.

on 4/22/2015 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Extremely dark for auburn haired girls - you would need to be going for an extremely dark brow look to use this if you have naturally red hair.
It is extremely pigmented its very hard to create a natural look with this product. Had it for about a month and dried up and it also oxidises even darker once applied. Wasn't impressed.

on 3/22/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is all right, but not amazing. It's definitely NOT waterproof and I wouldn't even call it water-resistant. There's nothing creepier than catching a glimpse of myself mid-day and seeing a sort of Cubist rendition of my reflection. I don't rub my eyes or my eyebrows, but this stuff vanishes, and it can smudge as well. I have used brow powders that work better than this gel. Auburn is a good color for me because my eyebrows are very dark, but they are uneven, with gaps. Black looks artifical even though, technically, it matches my eyebrows. Auburn compliments red highlights and adds warmth. Still it has to be layered to get the right color on me. If you have medium red-strawberry blonde brows this is probably the perfect color for you!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Needless to say I fell into the hype surrounding this product when it first came out, decided to purchase, and I've since fallen in love. Prior to using this, all I ever used was brow powder/pencil or a brown eyeshadow to fill in my brows. I can get quite oily on the t-zone so powder never really cut it when it came to longevity. With this stuff, my brows will last all day from day to night. I don't feel the need to set my brows with a brow gel after to extend the wear, but it definitely helps with taming and keeping the hairs in place (although I do find that this product will hold the hairs down in place on its own for the most part). In terms of application, it definitely did take some practice at first, and a light hand is key. My brows are already naturally quite thick but this just helps to make my brows look nicely defined and it helps me shape them the way I want. What I love is how you can use this product for a more natural, softer look or full on instagram brows that are sharply well defined lol. The smallest bit of product will go a long way, and I think it's worth every penny. This shade works perfectly with my dyed reddish burgundy hair. Will always repurchase!

on 1/15/2015 12:54:00 AM

Coming from a confirmed user of powders on the brow, it really is saying something that I absolutely love this product. Normally I avoid creams on the brow, because I'm fair and it always looks too harsh to me. I do not do a sculpted brow (unless it's something fun and crazy for a night out) and I like a subtle look. This works really well for me, I don't need a brow gel to set it, and it lasts like crazy.

I will say that the first time I used it, it was way too much. This product is CONCENTRATED color - I can't imagine that I would ever use this entire pot of color. I only use a tiny little bit at a time on a MAC 263; my brows are done in a flash, and they last all day. This is HG for me.

FYI - I'm fair, but with a yellow-ish undertone to my skin, copper red hair on the blondish end of the spectrum, blue eyes. This is a good color match, but I could see it working for those with darker hair and skin (although to go lighter may be difficult with this, because it is so pigmented)

on 1/11/2015 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

As a redhead, the struggle to find appropriate brow products is very real. I was excited to try Dipbrow because of the intense hype on YouTube and Instagram, but I ended up discovering that this product just isn't for me. If you like the look of a very sculpted and perfected brow, Dipbrow will definitely let you achieve that. But if you prefer a little more of a subtle look, you may have a hard time. I chose Auburn because there really wasn't another shade in the range that was warm enough for my bright auburn hair. This shade, however, is too dark, and no matter how lightened I am with it, the result is just too overdone for my taste. When I try to blend it out with a spoolie, even if I move quickly before the product has dried, it gets gross and patchy looking.

I gave it two stars because the staying power is incredible, and I sometimes use it to tight line my lashes. I do occasionally use it on just the tails of my eyebrows to darken them with another brie product through the rest of them, but I really only do that just to use it. If you are looking for a lighter brow pomade that is perfect for redheads, check out the Mac Brow Fluidline Gel Creme in Redhead.

on 12/16/2014 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Still in the early stages of use but I like it a lot. It takes some getting used to when applying because a little bit of this product goes a loooooong way. Like, a long long way. I really only have to tap my brush on the top of the product to get enough to fill in my brows. Granted my brows are already decently full, this just helps give them an even, polished look. But I can see this pot lasting for possibly years. It doesn't smudge and stays put all day. I would definitely try it out before you purchase it but otherwise it's a great product.

Popular Brows Products