April 17, 2014 | 1762 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting CC Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After wearing thicker, fuller coverage foundations for a couple of years, I came to realize that they weren't improving my skin at all, but rather, making it worse. Now, I really hate the feeling of any kind of foundation on my skin--be it sheer or fuller coverage. I was hesitant to buy this CC cream because I have very sensitive skin and I thought it would feel just as yucky as most foundations do.

This is now my HG makeup product. I wear it with a little concealer and a light dusting of translucent powder. It's very matte with powder, and semi-matte/satin finish without. It claims to be long wearing, and it definitely is. I still break out from time to time, but, compared to before when I was using foundations, my skin has significantly improved. The pigmentation is practically a perfect match to my natural skin tone, which is fairly pale during winter, but with yellow & olive undertones. I've never been able to find a shade of makeup that matches so well. I was also very surprised when I first applied it because I couldn't physically feel anything on my face, it was so lightweight. I had to keep looking in the mirror to remind myself I had face makeup on, which is a sensation I had NEVER experienced with any makeup in my life. It was a revolutionary feeling! :p

I bought this in the light shade, and also purchased the medium shade when I was sunless tanning. I ended up giving my mom the medium shade because I couldn't make a habit of sunless tanning. My mom loves it just as much as I do. She appreciates the anti-aging benefits, and she's found that the medium shade is perfect for her natural skin tone.

But, one lippie off because there are limited shades. My sister is very ivory white with more pink undertones, and there isn't a shade for her. Likewise with very dark skin tones. I wish there were more shades to accommodate for all skin tones, rather than just a select few. I know its a Finnish brand, but nonetheless more shades would be greatly appreciated (:

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is very oily with large pores and I'm prone to breakouts and clogged pores but my skin is usually not very sensitive. I also want to say I did not like the bb cream from this brand, the medium shade of that was so orange and it just felt gross on my face. This cc cream was much better, I had it in medium and the shades are not comparable at all to the bb. This cc in medium was much lighter than the medium in bb, it took away all my redness and discoloration and matched my light skin tone. I loved that. I wish I could have continued wearing it, but it was irritating my skin, especially over time. My skin developed breakouts in places I don't normally get them, more clogs than usual, dry red weird patches all over both cheeks, and overall my skin just looked unhealthy. It also accentuates any dry patches you may have, so please exfoliate. Lastly, it has a very noticeable fragrance. All in all I liked the coverage but I can't rate it high as it just didn't agree with my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the coverage of this product! I mixed it with the BB cream in light to get the perfect match for my fair skin. I agree with other reviews that the lightest shade of the CC cream is definitely lighter than the palest shade of the Lumene BB cream. My skin is dry, so I prefer to mix this with the BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by amchen512

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot leave the house w/out foundation...acne, acne scars, redness, blotchiness, etc. I have been dying to find a BB or CC cream that would allow me to be a little less "high maintenance." I tried Garnier BB cream - pretty much useless. After reading reviews on MUA, I gave this a shot. It feels and applies like moisturizer, but covers surprisingly well. Takes me 1 min to cover my face (as opposed to a lengthy foundation application and blending session) and it requires no effort on my part. Looks like I'm not wearing makeup, but in a good way. Looks like my skin, only better. Lasts all day. Makes me feel awesome about my skin, and I hate my skin! I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and have yet to break out after wearing this every day for a week. Typically, I will break out after one day with an offending product. I am a product junkie, and will likely still try other BB/CC creams, but this will be the product that that I compare all others to, and I'll be surprised if I find something I like nearly as well as this! Love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

You get a very small tube of product and the light shade is lighter than the BB version. The finish is dewy, so it works for dry skin, but to me it sits on top of your skin and is harder to blend than their BB cream. This is still far better than most drugstore brands, though! I'd only buy it with coupons or at Ulta where you can at least get beauty reward points.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like other people reviewing this product, I bought it after seeing that Lumene's BB cream was the highest rated bb cream (currently) and since I'm more in need of color correction (redness...) I was excited to try this CC cream.

First, it goes pretty quickly. You feel like you're using it up very fast, unfortunately. There doesn't seem to be a lot of product.
Secondly, I found it to be a little too dark (even in the Light shade) but I'm probably paler than most people.

However, it performs EXCELLENTLY. It doesn't give me too dewy of a look, even though I apply moisturizer underneath it. It seems to do a good job of keeping me pretty well covered. Doesn't slide around, stays put. And I have very oily skin.
It claims to have primer and concealer functions and I have to say the coverage is wonderful. Great for covering up acne.

Overall I really enjoy wearing this stuff, I like knowing it's not bad for my skin and even helpful, and it makes me look naturally pretty, and not cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by mars007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this, and this is the first US BB or CC I can say that about.
I ended up buying this after I saw that the BB was #1 rated on this site. I checked to make sure they were cruelty free and not sold in China, and then headed to CVS with my coupon.
I tried out the BB in medium and it was orange, but this CC cream in medium was a perfect match for my fair skin. The light seemed too light. I ended up paying around $10.50 for it which isn't bad compared to $14.99. My only complaint is that I have only used it for a week and already it is feeling airy and empty. It's a pretty tiny tube, and it seems to have even less product inside than it appears.
But it applies easily and evenly to match my skin tone and covers up red marks easily. I tried it on the scratches from work on my hands. It lasts a few hours and doesn't make my skin feel heavy, greasy, or suffocated. It is how a BB/CC cream should be. Light and airy with good coverage. I will purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great. I mean really, really great. I have light to medium skin tone (medium in the summer), pretty neutral with olive undertones. I this in the shade medium in & it's perfection. I've been looking for something to use in the winter while I'm paler. My skin is in pretty good shape but in the winter I can see the blackheads around my nose, the redness, some dark spots on my checks etc. I usually use mineral powder but this year my skin is so dry I feel like it's highlighting little wrinkles & it's definitely settling into my flaky dry skin, not cute. But even with the dry skin I have to blot twice a day - true combination, dehydrated skin.

Enter Lumene - I was debating the BB cream & came across reviews for this. Found it at CVS for $14.99, not bad. This is exactly what I needed! It provides build able coverage without looking mask-y, adjusts to my skin tone. The finish is not matte to the point of accentuating lines & dryness, but it is still pore less, ad satin-y. It takes nothing, I mean the smallest amount of product to give a great veil of finish. The tube even has a tiny nozzle where the product comes out so no wasting it, no bacteria getting in. I apply with my fingers or Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, set with MUFE HD powder & have worn it for several weeks now. It hasn't broken me out & has been through many 12+ hour days including rehearsals & sweat at the gym - looks great. I live at high altitude so SPF is always a bonus but I would not count on it as your only protection. You won't use enough product to provide it! I'll try the BB in the summer for lighter coverage, Lumene has a new customer!

In the past I tried NARS Radiant Creme Concl. which settled into lines under my eyes & I could visibly see pooling in pores around my nose. I used Boscia BB last summer which has a pretty finish but I could always see it on my skin, it didn't work in like this does. The Lumene just looks like my skin, not foundation-y at all. Boscia also broke me out a little bit. I also tried Maybelline's Fit Me. I like it under my eyes alright, but I like Lumene better on the rest of my face & I'm getting a lot more product for my money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried Lumene BB cream because it was so highly rated on this site. I'm very fair, and the BB cream was way to orange for my skin tone. So I tried this CC cream next. The color matches me perfectly, and I can actually wear this alone for a small amount of time. I say small amount of time, because after a while my skin gets really oily with this. Almost always, my routine for the past two weeks has been to use this CC cream, then some powder to set it. But I have gone about two hours without powder with it still being matte. The coverage is light-medium. You can put on about two layers, I wouldn't use more than that because after that, the coverage doesn't seem to keep on building. The reason for such a low rating is that this cream isn't good for my skin. I tried wearing only this cream for a day, and I really broke out. Even using mattifying powder isn't helping with the breakouts from this. So, two weeks later, I'm finally ready to admit that this is basically a low-coverage foundation to me. It still makes me break out, I haven't noticed any benefits of wearing it, but the coverage is far better than the BB cream and it has a matte finish (which the BB cream doesn't). I guess I'll have to go back to the BB and just wear some powder over top to get the color to match me. I wish Lumene would make the BB in a lighter, more neutral shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

The first words out of my mouth after applying this are not MUA friendly--but in a good way! I was so surprised at how little this this took to make such a big difference on my skin (fairly pale, NW20, for reference.)

I had a coupon for $4 off any full size lumene product from CVS, and having loved and finished a full-size of the BB cream already (the light leans a bit dark, but it doesn't break my sensitive clog-prone skin out, and that's most important for me.) i figured $10 for the CC cream was worth a go. A pea size spread easily over my cheeks and chin, much more so than the BB cream does, which is a bit thicker than the CC cream. It lived up to its claims immediately upon application, and corrected the discoloration on my cheeks with ease--I honestly was shocked.

I am a fan of lumene products, and this CC cream is a winner in my book thus far.