December 20, 2014 | 1194 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting CC Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by bomkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the shade Medium. I'm not exactly sure of my MAC color is now, but I think it's somewhere around NC30? I am so, so, so sad about this cc cream. I really, really thought I was going to love it to death and it would be HG material, considering it was top rated on MUA and had the least pore-clogging ingredients on cosdna. Sadly, I'm allergic to something in it, or I'm just reacting to the chemical sunscreen in it. Or both.. I have VERY sensitive skin though. It's also acne-prone and combo, for reference.

The shade matches me nearly perfectly except that it makes me look SLIGHTLY ashy (because the undertone is different) and a tiny bit darker than I would like. But I can get away with it. The finish is REALLY natural and it doesn't suck the moisture out of my face, settle around my nose, create dry patches like some other foundations I've tried (powders & cream). It looks and feels like I have nothing on. The coverage is GREAT and just what I need for everyday, easy-throw-on. It's about medium coverage and very easy to apply. It's literally everything I wanted. The price is right if you get it on eBay/sale, has SPF 20, doesn't dry out my demanding skin, and looks great on my face. I also like the mosquito-like packaging because it lets me control how much I want to apply very easily.

The only other downside aside from the fact that it makes my face swell is that it's pretty heavily fragranced. At least to me it is. For a lot of people this is fine, but for uber sensitive/acne-prone skin types like me, any type of fragrance goes under the no-no list. I somehow missed this on the ingredient list when I bought it. Surprisingly I haven't broken out so far from this, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable to use a heavily fragranced thing all over my face.

The first time I wore this, it made my eyes red and burn a lot. I had to rush to the bathroom and wash it off after a while. I really wanted to like it so I gave it another try, then another.. yeah. I just made sure not to apply too much around my eyes. It still burned but it was bearable. Yesterday I happened to leave it on for the whole day, and by the end of the night, my eyes were swollen like CRAZY.

I'm really sad this didn't work out for me, but it might for those of you who aren't sensitive to chemical sunscreens (I can only use physical types, as chemical ones make my face & eyes buuuuuuuurn) or one of the ingredients in this. It was worth a try though! The search continues... (I'm trying out the Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cream next because it's SPF 30 made up of physical blockers thank the globs! Which isn't something I've came across too often in bb/cc creams, or sunscreens for that matter. I just hope it won't break me out. Fingers crossed!).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by bunnyfanny

Love the product, but the lightest shade isn't light enough. Do not stays matte, but leave the skin very skin looking and it covers really good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never used a BB or CC product, and I didn't know what to expect. After seeing the prices in the drugstore and online at Sephora, I decided to see what I could find on ebay. In my opinion, this is nothing more than a tinted moisturizer and I wasn't expecting anything more or less.

I ordered "light", and paid less than half. Light is a great color match for my skintone, which is fair and yellow orange in tone. This is a perfect for daytime coverage, but I do need to add concealer on a few areas of my face. I don't find this product to be gloppy and it doesn't give me a whitish or ghost like appearance. I've been using it for about two weeks and I haven't noticed any changes to my skin, but as I mentioned, I'm not expecting anything. I'd say its worth the nine dollars I paid for it and I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried the fairest shade of this CC. But it just does not do the trick. I wanted a sheer, luminous and moisturizing finish: the good skin/no makeup look. But this does not deliver that. It is thick, feels goopy on your skin and looks artificial. Also does not last the day, makes skin grayish and dry by the end of the day (I think a good BB/CC/TM should make your skin look better by the end of the day). It so thick and covering that when I realized I did not want to use this on my whole face I tried using it as an under-eye concealer: bad idea! The formula is so drying that it made under eye area crepey. For reference, I put this CC on top of a moisturizing serum and a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a first impression review, which I will update after continued use.

But my first impression is: Wow!

This is both the first Lumene product and first CC cream I have tried. I was looking for an anti-aging serum and also a TM or BB/CC with some SPF in it for my dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. I stumbled across this and checked the ingredients on CoSDNA to find the acne and irritation factors to be uncommonly low. Then I looked at the reviews and saw they were overwhelmingly positive. So I figured it was worth a shot to try this all-in-one for everything I was looking for and so far I'm really glad I did!

Coverage: Medium. Definitely more than a BB. Won't cover up all blemishes but provides enough coverage to even out skin without going overboard. Used on top of moisturizer that hasn't quite set yet makes the coverage a little lighter.

Finish: Natural, matte. Sets to matte in seconds. Doesn't look mask-like; still looks like skin, but more lovely. Doesn't need powder to set. After many hours, a little shine does start to come through, but it's minimal and just looks a bit dewy. It makes skin look even more natural.

Texture: Makes skin look and feel smooth. Formula is easy to blend. I apply with fingers and blur the edges with a sponge. Formula is not thick or cakey. Feels very lightweight; you forget you're even wearing it.

Shade: Limited selection of only 2 shades. I am very fair and the light works fine for me. At first it looks a little yellow/deep for my skin tone, which is warm and pale, but that fades fairly quickly and not having a perfect match isn't an issue anyway since I wear a light dusting of powder bronzer over the top. No oxidation or orange. Doesn't turn other makeup (bronzer or blush) other colors.

Lastability: 8+ hours without budging, fading, melting or, as previously mentioned, oxidizing. Beautiful finish lasts from when you put it on to when you wash it off. And washing off is not a struggle, either.

Skincare Benefits: Benefits of the specially formulated ingredients from this cream remain to be seen since I just started using it. The SPF 20 is nice. Some protection at least without being so much that it's a skin irritant. Don't apply too closely to eyes (eyelids or undereye, does not irritate in brow bone) as it may sting a bit. But even if it doesn't bring back a "youthful glow" to my 29 year old face, it's still very worthwhile just as being a beautiful face makeup.

Price & Packaging: $15 for an ounce. Pricey by quantity standards sure but by quality it's a steal, especially compared to other similar products. The bottle is great - it's a squeeze tube with a narrow tip to keep things sanitary and dispense the right amount with no waste. The branding is clean and nice-looking.

Overall, so far I think another review I saw put it best when they called it a "miracle in a bottle."

Update: 1 week. I continue to be really impressed by this. It wears beautifully and lasts even through my 10+ hour work days. My skin has not been irritated at all - no pink rash or itchiness as I almost always experience with liquid makeup - nor have I had any breakouts. Seriously falling in love with this CC.

Update: 1 month. Still loving this! My skin even looks a little bit smoother, I think. But that's just a bonus - this stuff is makeup magic even without anti-aging effects. No irritation, no breakouts, which is a miracle with a liquid product for me. The shade adds warmth to my skin tone as we go into wintry months and the formula helps with my dryness too. Still lasts for over 10 hours with no touch-ups. This may well be HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many a tinted moisturizer/BB/CC and this is my HG.

My skin: pale and neutral (can wear either NW or NC 15 in MAC), very dry, not prone to breakouts, some issues with ruddiness on my cheeks and nose.

I bought both the BB and CC in "light." The BB is much darker--unwearable for me. The CC in "light" works on me, but is a smidge darker/peachier than my natural share, so I don't think it would work for ladies who are paler than NC 15.

The BB is a thicker consistency than the CC. I found the BB didn't cover as smoothly and tended to make dry spots look worse, but my friend with oilier skin preferred it.

Now focusing on the CC: I LOVE the coverage, which is quite good for something I apply with my fingers in ~thirty seconds. It covers up any ruddiness, evens out skin tone, and leaves my face looking clear and glowing. I would definitely say this is medium rather than light coverage, but I think the result looks natural. The finish is not matte, but nor is it excessively dewy or, god forbid, sparkly. I typically wear moisturizer underneath, but I don't need to for it to look good; the CC smoothes over any dry spots. While no one should stop using a dedicated moisturizer, I do find that this packs more moisturizing oomph than similar products and helps keep my skin soft and supple. For providing medium coverage, it's very lightweight. I love that it has SPF 20. Lasting power is good if I keep my hands off my face (I don't wear powder during the day because I want a more natural/low maintenance look).

I use this everyday and already have 3 back up tubes (went on sale at CVS and I worried they were going to stop carrying it). As I mentioned, I apply it with my fingers and it takes less than a minute out of my morning. The packaging is not too bulky, which is great for travel.

Honestly, I cannot recommend this enough for someone with similar skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow this is an amazing product, especially for the price. I use it as my weekend foundation when I don't need to look too perfect/professional. I have this in the shade Light and it matches my NC15 skin perfectly. It has sheer-light coverage so I only use it on good skin days, but even then I need to go in with concealer to even out post-acne red areas. The shade is fairly neutral, leaning a bit warm. This has a moist, creamy texture and is probably best for regular - dry skin. The finish is dewy, but not greasy-looking, and I love that it doesn't smell like sunscreen (it has a light floral fragrance that dissipates almost instantly). I wear this over my regular sunscreen/moisturizer because I don't wear enough of it for reliable sun protection. My favorite thing about this product is that it doesn't cause any issues for me -- no acne, no clogs, no irritation -- and for my finicky skin (sensitive/dry/rosacean), that truly is a miracle. This also lasts all day and looks the same at 6 p.m. as it did when I applied it at 9 a.m. I remove it easily with my HG cleanser (REN Ultra Moisture Cleansing Milk) and Shiseido cotton pads. I found this on eBay for $7.98 USD with free shipping -- for that price, you can't beat it. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Milisenta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Before purchasing, i read a whole lot of reviews on this product and found devoted fans and those who said the product made them look worse than they could have:) Either way, since i am very curious when it comes to makeup and because my search for the ¨perfect' foundation is unending, i decided to give it a try. A bit about my skin and what i, thus, expected from this product. i have relatively fair skin, not pale but always withing the the 1st or 2nd shade of every foundation color range. I have combination skin with redness on my cheeks and somewhat visible pores in the T-zone.What I expected, then, was something that would even out my skin tone, would not accentuate the pores and help me combat oily T-zone for as long as possible. Now on to what i've discovered:

1) I have the light shade which matches my skin tone well. I would actually say that the color they show on the tube is almost identical to what you find inside (what a surprise:))

2) application is pretty easy and it absorbs easily. I tried it with my hands only and I am curious to see whether applying it wish a brush will make any differece. ATTENTION: on the tube it says 'apply on moisturizer' so it does have a tendency to accentuate some dry spots or rougher areas on your skin. When applied on moisturizer, this problem is solved (at least, it worked for me).

3) it does even out skin tone and covered redness well. In fact, i would say that coverage is that of a good foundation; however, this has downsides as well-on my skin, at least, this also means it doesn't look as lightweight and natural as I would have expected from a CC cream.

4) i do see some glow in it but a pleasant one-not glittery

5) the disappointing part for me is that although it doesn't accentuate fine lines (which quite a number of reviewers mentioned), it doesn¨t cover my pores either and as for oil control, i 'start to shine' in about couple hours (that's after having used powder on the top)

Overall, though, since i haven't come across a product that would both control shine and not dry out my skin and make me look like I am wearing a mask, this is a pretty good value for the money. Also, though of you who found the lightest shade of Lumene BB Cream too orange, this one, fortunately, has nothing orange or beige in it whatsoever. I can see this work much better for someone who has normal skin, because the formula IS quite good and if my T-zone didn't bother me that much, i would have repurchased this.

Hope this was helpful!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by gwinnier

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OK, this is my first review, primarily because I was astonished that no one in the 56+ age bracket had chimed in on this awesome little number. Having worked in the business long enough to know that products cycle through formulations, improving all the while, I am actually stockpiling a product for the first time and it's this one. The Light shade works beautifully for me (for reference, the only other foundation shade that ever truly matched my skin was Exuviance Skin Caring in Warm Beige), taking care of redness around the nose and just generally improving the tone of my skin. I apply with a foundation brush, just a pea-sized drop on the back of my hand, and even swipe it under my eyes as a brightener (I have absolutely given up on undereye concealers). Makes my skin look fresh, bright, and real.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it!!! I so wish I would have bought this sooner. I've tried every BB, CC, DD, high-end, low-end cream out there. I kept holding off on this one because the Lumene BB was way too dark for me even in the light shade. The CC actually runs a little light so I have the medium which I think is a perfect match for my NC20 skin. (I'm never a medium shade in anything). This blends smoothly, covers well but makes my skin just look good. Not too matte, not too dewey. It also feels like nothing on my skin. If you have really dry skin, you may need moisturizer underneath but this has been great so far over the summer.