Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting CC Cream

4.2

Alumina, Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hexyl laurate, Iron Oxides, Isododecane, Magnesium Sulfate, Methicone, MICA, Nylon-12, Perfluorooctyl, Triethoxysilane, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Vaccinium vitis-idaea Seed Oil, Water.

on 7/28/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really love this product! I have mostly dry skin with some acne and scars, and this does a really good job of covering that while still being light. The lightest shade is a little dark, but it blends really well and I use a lighter powder to set it during the summer when I'm a little oily. It also lasts all day until I remove it easily with Simple micellar water and a cotton pad. 5 lippies from me!

on 7/12/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product quick one day just to have something easy to work, and wow. I was really surprised how good it was! It lasts all day, it covers BUT it doesn't feel like you have makeup, and it looks absolutely NATURAL. I almost forgot i was wearing it the first days. Really amazing. I'm buying it one more time!

on 6/30/2015 5:43:00 PM

I've gone through a couple of tubes of this stuff! I have oily/combo skin and this works really well for me. It has good coverage and I find that I don't need any concealer at times (I do like a natural look, though). It doesn't break me out. I do feel like it worked better during fall/winter/spring. Now that it's summer, I find myself having to blot/powder my oily t-zone in the afternoon. Doesn't bother me much, though. What's worrying me is that I'm having trouble finding it at Ulta...hope it's not discontinued!

on 4/28/2015 1:41:00 AM

Love this CC Cream and use it every day. It covers uneven skin tone so well that I don't need any additional coverage from concealer. Yet the result is so natural that it looks really fresh and dewy. I use the lighter of the two shades available in the US (http://www.lumene.com/us/face/time-freeze/cc-anti-age-color-correcting-cream) for winter and mix it up with the darker shade during the summer.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

As much as western BB creams go, this is more like a foundation, less like a tinted moisturizer. It is fairly difficult to blend, fairly yellow and the lightest shade (which usually is a match for me in regards of Lumene) is too dark. It's not bad, but it ain't that great either.

HG CC Cream. Not sticky, absorbs perfectly, not matte but not too dewey, and the fair tone is perfect for my skin. Absorbs completely with medium coverage that corrects tone well.

on 2/27/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is good, but not great. For reference, I'm 22, have dry skin, and I have medium skin (NC25). The color medium matches me fairly well, but the undertones aren't quite yellow enough for my Asian skin.

Pros:
-inexpensive
-great packaging
-dewy finish
-relative to other foundations and bb creams I've tried, doesn't cling to my dry patches as much

Cons:
-few shades (none for darker skinned people)
-after a couple hours, my t-zone gets super greasy
-looks patchy in certain areas on my face (around my nose, usually)

Overall, better than other drugstore bb creams I've tried, but it's not HG material by any means.

on 1/18/2015 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I just love this stuff--it lasts all day , and does not make me break out!!! I have pale skin, and found the light shade was a perfect match, and coverage light to medium--I have good skin so I really don't need much coverage, but it would work well for others who do need more. I love the fact that there is spf in it, or I would not buy it--It is great for my skin--I would recommend this to any one, as I have found this is the best cc that I have bought yet!!!

on 12/14/2014 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the shade Medium. I'm not exactly sure of my MAC color is now, but I think it's somewhere around NC30? I am so, so, so sad about this cc cream. I really, really thought I was going to love it to death and it would be HG material, considering it was top rated on MUA and had the least pore-clogging ingredients on cosdna. Sadly, I'm allergic to something in it, or I'm just reacting to the chemical sunscreen in it. Or both.. I have VERY sensitive skin though. It's also acne-prone and combo, for reference.

The shade matches me nearly perfectly except that it makes me look SLIGHTLY ashy (because the undertone is different) and a tiny bit darker than I would like. But I can get away with it. The finish is REALLY natural and it doesn't suck the moisture out of my face, settle around my nose, create dry patches like some other foundations I've tried (powders & cream). It looks and feels like I have nothing on. The coverage is GREAT and just what I need for everyday, easy-throw-on. It's about medium coverage and very easy to apply. It's literally everything I wanted. The price is right if you get it on eBay/sale, has SPF 20, doesn't dry out my demanding skin, and looks great on my face. I also like the mosquito-like packaging because it lets me control how much I want to apply very easily.

The only other downside aside from the fact that it makes my face swell is that it's pretty heavily fragranced. At least to me it is. For a lot of people this is fine, but for uber sensitive/acne-prone skin types like me, any type of fragrance goes under the no-no list. I somehow missed this on the ingredient list when I bought it. Surprisingly I haven't broken out so far from this, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable to use a heavily fragranced thing all over my face.

The first time I wore this, it made my eyes red and burn a lot. I had to rush to the bathroom and wash it off after a while. I really wanted to like it so I gave it another try, then another.. yeah. I just made sure not to apply too much around my eyes. It still burned but it was bearable. Yesterday I happened to leave it on for the whole day, and by the end of the night, my eyes were swollen like CRAZY.

I'm really sad this didn't work out for me, but it might for those of you who aren't sensitive to chemical sunscreens (I can only use physical types, as chemical ones make my face & eyes buuuuuuuurn) or one of the ingredients in this. It was worth a try though! The search continues... (I'm trying out the Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cream next because it's SPF 30 made up of physical blockers thank the globs! Which isn't something I've came across too often in bb/cc creams, or sunscreens for that matter. I just hope it won't break me out. Fingers crossed!).

EDIT 26/4/2015: Changing my review from 3 stars to 5! :) So I've been working very hard on restoring the moisture barrier of my skin. I've switched out almost everything in my routine and am still in the process of getting a good routine down. Anyways, my skin has improved a lot since the last time I wrote this review. I tried out my old tube of this cc cream again and I am still loving it.

It still has great coverage and it helps me cut down a LOT of time on applying base makeup. Now I can just slap this on and go out and use the tiniest bit of concealer on only one of my spots. My skin has lightened since using good sunscreens and using a vitamin c serum. The Medium color is even darker now so if I were to repurchase (I just ordered Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream after some rave reviews I've seen, so waiting to see how good that will be when it gets here), I will be getting the lighter color. Still blends super nicely. Stay on all day, gives a LUMINOUS glow, sets itself so I don't have to powder my whole face unless I'm wearing a ton of sunscreen.

I am not sure what happened with my eyes. I have switched out my eyeliner and mascara as well. I've realized Maybelline's mascaras irritate my eyes. But I have not had them swell my eyes up like that. So perhaps something(s) in this cc cream reacted with something(s) in my old mascara. I haven't had a problem since switching to a different mascara.

Since my last review, I have tried Physicians Formula's Super CC+ cream in light/medium and I really like that one as well. The color is too dark for me for that one, too. It plays well with my very sensitive skin. However, I like the texture and coverage of this cc cream better. I have to conceal my spots separately with PF's, but I feel comfortable letting teeny bit of spots show through here and there with this one because I feel like the over-all luminosity/healthy-skin look Lumene's cc cream provides makes them so much less noticeable.

Hope that is helpful.

on 12/1/2014 8:29:00 AM

Love the product, but the lightest shade isn't light enough. Do not stays matte, but leave the skin very skin looking and it covers really good.