July 28, 2014 | 2043 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting CC Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on clearance at CVS and liked it so much that I hunted for it at other CVS stores and got a couple more tubes. This is a summer only item for me as my skin is super dry and sensitive. I wanted something for light coverage and sun protection and this works very well - I got the medium which is a shade too light but manageable, and I need an extra moisturizer underneath, but overall I'm satisfied. I will say it doesn't last like a foundation does; after about 6 hours it's wearing off, but I didn't expect a long lasting product. The tube opening is very thin which allows more control of the amount of product you squeeze out and it's nice and creamy, not runny or watery at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lumenade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I had tried a sample first -- I never would have purchased. I wanted something light, dewy, kind of my skin but better and this stuff just sank into my pores and fine lines and felt kind of dirty. I washed it off immediately and then tried it again another day after moisturizing and priming my skin -- same problem. I honestly don't know why there are so many great reviews for it -- but I'm glad it works for someone.

I have pretty good skin with minor redness and just wanted a light cover base that corrects color and blends into the skin without being obvious. I'll have to keep looking -- so far my favorite is Missha signature real bb cream, but it's not perfect either.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't use this stuff because the color match was off. People who can get a color match seem to really like it so it would be nice if Lumene expanded the color range.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer: I bought this at my local CVS for a whopping 75% reduction (~$3 a tube) - it's not getting pulled off shelves is it?!

Buying Asian BB creams when you run out is a hassle since you have to shop online for them, and then American drugstore BB creams are the absolute worst. But lo and behold! When the entire CC cream bandwagon started back in 2013 I was totally incredulous (that one commercial that has huge AA + BB = CC line also just throws me off) of it, and I went on a super-sleuth investigation to find the perfect CC cream.

This is actually the only CC cream I've ever owned and tested on my face; every other CC cream was an arm swatch.

I got it in Medium--which runs a bit pink and I'm an Asian woman (girl? young adult?) with neutral/yellow undertones but that's fine, I'm a N20/25 for reference. One of the major issues I've had with BB creams in the past - not setting and staying slightly moist (or was it a hydration effect?) - does not appear with this CC cream. The cream itself sets within 15 seconds of buffing it into your face, from a cooling sensation to a wondrously powdery dry. I use my fingers, and it does the trick, so no extra tools needed. And it even covers my redness and acne scarring! Double plus!

Another major positive is that once it dries, it stays put. I've had issues with my cream and liquid illuminators "lifting" my base foundation or BB cream and then settling into my pores (not a pretty sight I tell you) but this cream sticks on like a magnet. Even when I color in bronzer into the hollow of my cheeks when I have a different foundation on - which occasionally highlights the horrid acne scars I just tried to cover up - this CC cream creates a canvas where coverage is supreme.

I really do recommend this! Despite it being a CVS/Walgreens-exclusive product, this is REALLY great stuff. I've even heard the BB cream is pretty great for pale beauties!

This will definitely be my HG foundation/tinted moisturizer for the summer, or until I run out (I'm going back to buy the last 3 tubes!!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by gobecky

I have only used Laura mercies radiance primer before this. The lumene cc cream is AMAZING in comparison. No oiliness, coverage and actual correction of the redness around my nose. Luminizing in a healthy, I just worked out kinda way. Not shiny. Sometimes I just wear this as my foundation. Light and perfect. Pick it up on sale at ulta or cvs. I will not ever be without a tube of this cc cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lorryinaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ditto every GOOD thing that has been posted about this product! I have been using it approx. 2 months w/o breakouts!! I have SUPER sensitive skin. I am so happy to have found this CC cream. I was using tarte BB tinted treatment in medium. I am blonde w/ blue eyes med to light & the color is quite nice. Try it!!! if you're looking for something w/ a bit of coverage, sunscreen & doesn't cause break outs!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by alucinor

I haven't been able to find a BB or CC cream that I've liked since this new trend replaced all my favorite tinted moisturizers (Smashbox Sheer Focus, old Stila formula... RIP). I had trouble jumping on the BB bandwagon because all of the BB/CC formulas I've tried are SO much heavier and goopy than a regular TM, and the minimum coverage wasn't worth the heaviness. BUT I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE PERFECT PRODUCT! Call it what you want, but this is a perfect step down from an all-out foundation, with just enough moisture and coverage that I need--plus it's a one-step product, can be applied with fingers and brought on the go.

I scoured reviews on the ULTA website and found this product, then ultimately purchased it at a local drugstore. (They were having a bogo sale so I got the BB serum as well.) I understand the gripe about the color selection, but I have fair neutral skin so the Light worked perfectly for me (it's definitely not ghost white like others have said... it goes on rather pale but finishes golden-neutral, beautiful really). The consistency is light and thin, still with the SPF 20 but no obnoxious smell. It dries down semi-matte with no glitter, just a light glowy dewiness. Perfectly natural. I'm just so happy I can stop searching for a summer-time TM/BB/CC whatever you want to call it! (And I reccommend the BB serum too, check out those reviews).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Yay - finally a CC cream w/ some pigment and coverage!! :) I purchased in light = perfect color for me. For reference, I'm:

EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige (fall/winter); Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque;Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair.

This lasts all day on me w/out a primer and I don't have to layer and layer it on OR supplement with another foundation.

On cloudy winter days (I don't go outside in winter much), I skipped my SS, but the rest of the time, even though this has spf 20, I still use SS (I'm paranoid about my melasma worsening).

No breakouts, covers my mild rosacea, mild melasma and occasional monthly breakouts beautifully. Applied w/ my BB or Real Techniques Miracle spongy thing, I have very pretty skin :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Terese4444

Best BB/CC cream I've tried! I'm a NC15 and the Lumene BB light was a little dark for me so I also bought the Light CC which is a better match.

Nice medium coverage but it feels light on skin and doesn't settle into lines & pores, dries quickly, soo easy to apply. Great finish with a slight luminous finish which is perfect!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Been using for 4 months and remain totally impressed by this CC Cream. I have the lightest tint, which would be good for fair skin with neutral to yellow undertones. The formula is exceedingly light weight and fluid going on. It feels like nothing on after applied. The amount of pigment it offers in this ultra-light formula was a big surprise for me-this provides a medium coverage; really great for blending uneven tone, just as promised. Layers well over moisturizer without balling up or emulsifying other layers off. The finish is very natural looking, neither matte nor dewy, and it goes over the aging skin texture without making things look worse than they are. (so pores and fine lines are eased) This product replaces foundation for me. I love how weightless it feels on, especially compared to the average foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No