J. Lo Glow

2.7

on 3/2/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Somehow reminds me of something I wore when I was young in the 70's maybe "loves baby soft". I think that's the appeal for me. Lasts long, good for everyday.

on 12/17/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've worn this perfume for years. (the clear liquid kind)
This was the first perfume I ever owned, the first time I smelled it, I was probably about 12 or 13 and my sister was wearing it and I loved it, so she bought me a gift set for christmas which included the regular size perfume, a smaller travel size and a lotion. I'm 21 years old and I've only worn this perfume, until about a year ago when I ran out and could no longer find it in stores. Luckily, since christmas is coming I finally found a bottle at walmart for $19.
I took it out of the box and gave myself a small spritz to make sure I still liked the smell and oh my god, nostalgia overload. I LOVE the smell of this so much. It's like heaven in a spray bottle. It's a very clean, crisp, and refreshing smell. It reminds me of christmas since that's the only time I can ever find it in stores.
Thankfully, upon purchasing this I found out that my local flea market sells the big bottles for $25. I will continue to buy this for as long as I can find it.
I always get compliments on it, and the smell lasts all day. My boyfriend always tells me how good I smell, and it's just a really nice confidence boost.
The ONLY thing about this product that I think could be a little better is the packaging. I love the look of the bottle, and the little JLO charm but I hate that the bottle is so sleek, because it doesn't hold very much. Oh well, at least it's cheap.
definitely a great purchase if you're looking for a cheap perfume that smells elegant, and not to overpowering.

Edit: I'm not sure why a lot of the people reviewing this are hating on Jlo, she's a very successful woman and I admire her completely. She's an amazing actress, and although she could put her music career to much better use, she is still very talented. Not to mention, she still looks amazing for her age.

on 11/18/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I used to love this fragrance several years ago. At that time, I was really into clean smelling scents, and this one smelled like a french soap to me. Just what I wanted--clean smelling, yet elegant and per-fumy. I will admit that my taste in fragrances has changed a lot in the past five years. Now that I'm approaching my mid-30's, I have a great appreciation and admiration for the classic perfumes and absolutely dislike anything that is fruity, sweet and just pure clean/musk.

It's possible that my body chemistry has changed, and this fragrance no longer smells good on myself (or other people for that matter). I will say that the initial blast impresses me every time (smells floral, like roses), but that lasts less than five minutes and it's the dry down that makes me dislike this perfume. The dry down is very simple and actually smells very cheap to me. Maybe this is something I could spray on after a shower and then layer my go-to perfume over it...I really like that this perfume lasts forever on your skin, but unfortunately it's not complex enough for me to really enjoy it by itself.

on 9/20/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought my second bottle of this. It's the perfect go-to scent for every day. So clean and fresh, and the price is right, too. Yeah, it smells somewhat of soap, but that's not a bad thing.

on 8/22/2014 9:36:00 AM

I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that this perfume smells exactly like bathroom air freshener. It is one of the worst perfumes. I'd rather douse myself in White Diamonds. Would not buy this again. Hubby even said it was awful. Yuk. Don't buy.

on 8/6/2014 2:50:00 AM

I LOVE this fragrance. It doesn't really last that long, but it's a nice every day perfume to wear. The bottle is cute and covered in bling too :) This is my favourite go-to everyday perfume.

on 8/4/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

She is a very pretty girl, with great cheekbones and a warm smile. But this fragrance is yuk!

She said she was inspired by the scent after we shower, a soap like scent.

Yes it does smells of soap and nothing else. You better off just go for a shower and use Dove soap. Cheaper and more pleasant for our nose.

Nothing special, not turning any heads, not uplifting, a meh fragrance.

on 7/6/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This fragrance is an insulting clash of the following scents: band-aid, musk, urinal cake, budget laundry detergent. It makes me gag whenever I smell it!

on 6/26/2014 6:55:00 AM

This a fragrance which I love, its a warm, creamy, woody smell which drives my husband wild, he loves it. The EDT seems to have quite good longevity and its a perfume which you can continue to spray throughout the day to keep the gorgeous smell present. I bought this when I went to the States when it first came out and it was quite expensive. Now I can pick up a bottle my perfume website for about 12 which is fantastic value. The bottle itself is okay, hate the necklace thingee that hangs on it, very tacky. I get huge compliments when I wear this at work, although I would say its probably more suited for summer than winter. When you walk through the office it leaves a linger scent behind you as you walk. A lily, woody, floral scent which is just gorgeous. I would definitely keep buying this perfume as I really love it and I think it stands the test of time and would suit any aged lady!

on 6/13/2014 10:20:00 PM

I'm stunned that this is a controversial fragrance in any way. It smells pristine beyond measure-- like Dove soap with a sprinking of bubbly pink grapefruit and tea roses. Clean, fresh, delicate and absolutely lacking in sweetness, funk, or heaviness of any kind. (That said, the EDT wears more like an EDP and this stuff can give headaches if overapplied, as could just about anything.) It's an uplifting spritz after a shower, and continues to surround the wearer in fresh soapy musk for hours. A good pick for summer. I always get compliments on it.

The only think I can think of is that this isn't fruity or caramelly at all, and that is what most folks expect out of a celebu-scent these days. JLo broke ground with this one, and even if it isn't terribly unique, it does hark back to the '70s (when she and I were both growing up, albeit with very different booties :)) when rosy, soapy scents (like Tea Rose and Coriandre) and musk oils were both in vogue. Not at all a dated scent, though. Just clean and lovely. Wish the bottle was prettier and less goofy, but I'll live.

Popular Fragrances