October 30, 2014 | 1527 users online

Loose Powders - Mary Kay - Translucent Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Novelist12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised with this powder! It gave my face a youthful and dewy finish while providing my foundation with a nice holding power. I'm not a huge fan of Mary Kay cosmetics as I have sensitive skin and have had problems in the past, but this one is definitely a winner for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I have been on the hunt for a new foundation since my HG was discontinued. I tried product after product and each of them seemed to make my face look oily and shiny after just a couple of hours. I made it a point not to try "dewy" finishes because my T-zone can be problematic.

After returning my 4th or 5th product, I began to wonder if maybe my problem was not the foundation, but my setting powder. I switched out to something else instead of my MK powder for one day and sure enough, no shine. So now I'm on the hunt for not only a new foundation, but also a new setting powder.

The feel of this powder is very nice and seems to hide my pores well. It doesn't feel cakey in the least and didn't make me break out. If it controlled my T-zone shine better, this would be a solid 5.

In terms of packaging, I'm one who likes to powder with a puff rather than a brush, so I ended up transferring the product into a different container because the original packaging--closable sifter--just didn't work well for me.