January 31, 2015 | 1338 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Fresh Effects Out of This Swirled Deep Pore Clean + Exfoliating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 7:20:00 PM More reviews by rrpod

I love this product! It is amazing! First of all, the packaging... I love the swirled look but the pump top once fell off when I accidentally dropped it in the floor. It was hard to get it back on to. That's my only issue with this product. The scrub part is gentle and feels really good. It isn't as gritty/grainy as I imagined. It smells amazing! After I finish cleansing, my face feels very moisturized, but this still helps my face keep matte. Oh and not to mention it helped me get rid of some acne!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2015 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used a lot of exfoliating products, from Clinique to Chanel. Majority of exfoliating products break me out. This one does not. My skin is pretty oily at times. However,I have also noticed that some parts of my face are getting drier as I am aging. This does a good job in keeping my face clean and bright. I use it with a wet warm washcloth. Unlike other exfoliators, it does not feel too rough on my skin. It is a must to do some exfoliation at least 2 to 3 times a week. This does the job. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 11:46:00 AM More reviews by opbxr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, and I know most of these products are targeted at people with oily or combination skin (at least to my knowledge), but I still use this for my dry skin. It works GREAT for getting rid of my dry/rough patches, and it's super cheap!

If you have dry skin, consider this next time you need a new exfoliator. It cleans out your pores, gets rid of dry patches, and smells lovely. You'll need to moisturize right after using it though or your skin will feel tight and dry. It's a very good exfoliator, and at around $6 at Wal-Mart in Canada, the price can't be beat! If I run out, I definitely will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by QueenAshe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This wash does the rare job of exfoliating without drying. I bought this on impulse at Big Lots for $4 and I don't regret it. This comes in three different scents and I got the one in green apple and jasmine tea. It smells wonderful and the swirled packaging is very pretty. The wash itself is a bit liquid-y compared to my other face washes and it doesn't foam up much, but it does the job. It doesn't remove makeup though. I highly recommend this for people with skin on the drier side as an exfoliating wash.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Meyersmedley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, but it gave me a horrible allergic reaction that looked like I had been bit by Mosquitos from the neck up. Tiny blister-like bumps. They did go away after about 20 mins, but I won't be using it again. It also caused my skin to be bright red and blotchy. It basically wreaked havoc. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by goodcreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really nice, especially for oily skin!!! People who complain about it not removing makeup, DUH, doesn't everyone know to use a MAKEUP REMOVER then cleanse/wash???? Very good product with nice exfoliation!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by alovelytune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging looks nice and it smells good, but unfortunitly, this product is terrible for oily skin. It almost acts a moisterizer and I'm not certain it washes away make up. I'll wash my face and STILL feel oily, my face will still have that 'dirty' feeling at the end of the day even after using this product. Its also made my skin break out pretty badly, so I had to stop using it. I'm really sad to have wasted 9 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by aliciamarie61592

I got this about a week ago and I like it. I have acne prone skin and this product reduced my breakouts within 3 days, plus I don't need moisturizer anymore. The packaging is so pretty which is what caught my attention in the store. It has a pump dispenser, so the stuff doesn't get everywhere. I bought this for $6 at Walmart. The only downfall about this product is that it doesn't reduce oil. My skin is oily after a few hours, so I still have to buy my oil reduction serum. Overall this product is good and I would probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for over a month now, and I love it! I use it once a day in the mornings with my olay pro-x face cleaner tool. You can use it with the tool for even more exfoliation, or you can use it on its own for a milder exfoliation. I have only tried the honeysuckle and white tea one, but there are two other ones as well. They are green apple with jasmine tea and white grapefruit with green tea. This particular one comes out in a swirl of two colors, yellow and white. It has tiny, rough granules which do a great job with exfoliating. It foams up during use, but is very moisturizing. Usually after I clean my face with other products my skin feels very dry, but not with this. I feel I could probably skip my moisturizer after using this. The packaging is awesome! It is super sanitary and pretty. It comes in a clear plastic bottle so you can see the swirled creams inside. It has a airtight pump which is easy to use and sanitary. The price is fairly average. It seems to vary between six and eight dollars. Overall, I really like this product, and I will be purchasing it again. I think I might also try the other scents as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used almost every face wash the drug store has to offer. I find most brands work well at washing and smell somewhat decent... However, most end up losing their appeal and ability to reduce breakouts. I was a little worried about using this, as it is an exfoliant and most exfoliants dry my skin and cause huge breakouts for me- huge headache trying to get my skin back to normal. I have used the other products in the Olay Fresh Effects line and liked them, figured I would give this one a try. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It exfoliates enough to remove dead skin and clean my pores but does not dry my skin out or cause my skin to react, giving me huge breakouts. I find that any time a few pimples or blemishes pop up, after 1-2 washes, they're mostly gone. I have also noticed a huge reduction in my breakouts. This is my go to facial cleanser and I recommend it to everyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No