Olay Fresh Effects Out of This Swirled Deep Pore Clean + Exfoliating Scrub

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product really is just EH. It "works" by smoothing your face, but doesn't stay forever. The first month I used this, I was like "WOW!" I could FEEL it working! But after another week or so, my face felt extremely cracked and dry. I always used the scrub once a week, but I know it was this because as soon as I took it out, my skin healed! I was utterly suprised :( also very very sad that Olay did this! My face wasn't like so dry I couldn't bear it, but it was not the best an exfoliater could do!

I have used the entire product that i purchased so i have a very well rounded opinion on it not just a first impression so there are many pros and cons to this product i think it will be based more on personal preference and what it is that you own skin requires out of a daily scrub. So first the pros, it smells great and leaves a fresh great scent on your skin (i personally like this some may not) The packaging is pretty and easy to use all of opposed to most that you have to squeeze out and fight for the last drops this easily dispense until its all gone. A pro for most (but not for me) is that it is a very gentile scrub and safe to use twice daily. (i prefer coarse scrubs but that is a personal preference not a fault of the product). Now for the cons i have combination skin, this product did not work for me. it did remove my makeup easily however it dried my skin ferociously while also breaking out the entire time i used it. Normally products will either dry my skin (but i have no breakouts) or they're to moisturizing (and i get breakouts but my skins not dry) This product caused the worst of both worlds FOR ME now keep in mind i have combination skin, not everyone has the same skin as i do. I imagine this product would work very well for someone in there mid teens possibly with oily skin. I'm sad that this did not work for me because it smelt fantastic. I hope this helped to better clarify what skin types this will and wont work for.

on 1/24/2015 7:20:00 PM

I love this product! It is amazing! First of all, the packaging... I love the swirled look but the pump top once fell off when I accidentally dropped it in the floor. It was hard to get it back on to. That's my only issue with this product. The scrub part is gentle and feels really good. It isn't as gritty/grainy as I imagined. It smells amazing! After I finish cleansing, my face feels very moisturized, but this still helps my face keep matte. Oh and not to mention it helped me get rid of some acne!

on 1/19/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used a lot of exfoliating products, from Clinique to Chanel. Majority of exfoliating products break me out. This one does not. My skin is pretty oily at times. However,I have also noticed that some parts of my face are getting drier as I am aging. This does a good job in keeping my face clean and bright. I use it with a wet warm washcloth. Unlike other exfoliators, it does not feel too rough on my skin. It is a must to do some exfoliation at least 2 to 3 times a week. This does the job. Highly recommended.

on 1/2/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin, and I know most of these products are targeted at people with oily or combination skin (at least to my knowledge), but I still use this for my dry skin. It works GREAT for getting rid of my dry/rough patches, and it's super cheap!

If you have dry skin, consider this next time you need a new exfoliator. It cleans out your pores, gets rid of dry patches, and smells lovely. You'll need to moisturize right after using it though or your skin will feel tight and dry. It's a very good exfoliator, and at around $6 at Wal-Mart in Canada, the price can't be beat! If I run out, I definitely will be repurchasing.

on 12/22/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This wash does the rare job of exfoliating without drying. I bought this on impulse at Big Lots for $4 and I don't regret it. This comes in three different scents and I got the one in green apple and jasmine tea. It smells wonderful and the swirled packaging is very pretty. The wash itself is a bit liquid-y compared to my other face washes and it doesn't foam up much, but it does the job. It doesn't remove makeup though. I highly recommend this for people with skin on the drier side as an exfoliating wash.

on 10/20/2014 12:37:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, but it gave me a horrible allergic reaction that looked like I had been bit by Mosquitos from the neck up. Tiny blister-like bumps. They did go away after about 20 mins, but I won't be using it again. It also caused my skin to be bright red and blotchy. It basically wreaked havoc. Won't repurchase.

on 8/7/2014 7:16:00 PM

Really nice, especially for oily skin!!! People who complain about it not removing makeup, DUH, doesn't everyone know to use a MAKEUP REMOVER then cleanse/wash???? Very good product with nice exfoliation!!!

on 8/7/2014 5:24:00 PM

The packaging looks nice and it smells good, but unfortunitly, this product is terrible for oily skin. It almost acts a moisterizer and I'm not certain it washes away make up. I'll wash my face and STILL feel oily, my face will still have that 'dirty' feeling at the end of the day even after using this product. Its also made my skin break out pretty badly, so I had to stop using it. I'm really sad to have wasted 9 bucks.

I got this about a week ago and I like it. I have acne prone skin and this product reduced my breakouts within 3 days, plus I don't need moisturizer anymore. The packaging is so pretty which is what caught my attention in the store. It has a pump dispenser, so the stuff doesn't get everywhere. I bought this for $6 at Walmart. The only downfall about this product is that it doesn't reduce oil. My skin is oily after a few hours, so I still have to buy my oil reduction serum. Overall this product is good and I would probably buy it again.