November 22, 2014 | 1944 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Flat Foundation Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I initially bought this to apply Revlon CS years ago and it was okay for that purpose. Fast forward a few years and I now only use this to apply concealer under the eye. It's quick and effective in that regard. I don't think this brush is difficult to wash, at all. I swish it in a small bowl of baby shampoo and then swish it a few times in clear water to rinse, the bristles are still like new several years later. It's feel soft to me, and it's very dense. The tip of the brushes bristles aren't sharp in my opinion, I use a very gentle hand to touch concealer to the needed area and pat it in a bit of a triangle shape with no issues. Should last me a few more years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- dense
- doesn't shed

CONS

- tips of bristles are sharp (will take several washes to soften)

COMMENTS: I agree with the reviewer below, the bristles are rather sharp. The brush itself is soft, but the edges can be uncomfortable. That being said, I'll buy this again because I don't use it for it's main purpose. I love a flat foundation brush for getting foundation onto the face, but then doing the actual blending with another brush or a sponge. Be careful about using this in the eye area, though.

EDIT: It will take several washes for this brush to soften, but it does soften. The bristles are no longer sharp and is very comfortable to use.

Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ruffee10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was excited about this brush because I love how soft the Ecotools powder and blush brushes are, but this flat foundation brush hurt my face! I'm assuming it has something to do with how the bristles were cut and maybe I got a dud, but it hurt to put on makeup, which is just weird. I washed the brush hoping that would make it better, but no such luck. I used to use a far nicer brush that I bought at a department store, but it was streaky, which this brush did not do, but I don't want it to hurt when I put on my make up. (Note: the flat foundation brush is not to be confused with the mineral foundation brush, which I haven't tried and know nothing of.)