December 22, 2014 | 1604 users online

Polishes - Creative Nail Design - Vinylux - Lavishly Loved

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had previously had a pretty good go with Impossibly Plush, so I was looking forward to being Lavishly Loved by Vinylux. Short version, if you don't want to wade through the review: epic bloody fail.

As in my Impossibly Plush review: price was $11.95 per polish with free shipping, plus needing the top coat.

I put this on on a Thursday night. Lavishly Loved is a very sheer peachy pink, my nails but better. I did the recommended two coats plus top coat. The colour coats were really runny, the top coat, as noted before, was a little thick. The coverage is sheer - it is listed as sheer, so complaints about coverage must be tempered by the stupidity of the reviewer not reading the bottle. Drying time: about 10 minutes, plus a nice long night of sleep; the finish was nice and shiny.

Friday, 10am at the airport, and I notice that my ring finger nail looks funny. Paler somehow. I touch it, and the whole leaf of polish lifts off, in one massive sheet, leaving a perfect, unpainted nail underneath. WTF? It's not like it had been a tough morning: breakfast, dressing, suitcase in car, check in, sit in lounge. Breathe, breathe: maybe I didn't do 'that' nail right? What is this bulls&%t?!

Flying on airplanes for 8 hours isn't tough on nails (except for the hourly glare at my one, unpainted nail!), and all went well and I managed to get to my bunk on ship in one piece. But the next morning the peeling began. EVERY, SINGLE NAIL.

Three days later, I glared at my F'ing nails as I flew all the way back across the country. Suddenly the uber expensive nail salon at Toronto International Airport looked inviting; could I cram a mani into a 25 minute layover?

There is no way to save this...Lavishly Loved sucked. I followed the same routine with both Impossibly Plush and Lavishly Loved. Clean, dry nails, lots of drying time. I expected chipping but not this wholesale flaking off. How can two polishes from the same company, from the same line, be so different?

Update: I've since tried this several more times. At the worst, the polish peels off within 24 hours. At the best, I can get max. 4 days before noticeable chipping/peeling. For me, this just doesn't work. If I want a super long lasting look, I'll just jump right to Shellac. Granted, you need a salon, but it works. If I want only 4 or 5 days, Essie or OPI works just fine. So I won't repurchase. Moving on...