November 27, 2014 | 1589 users online

Polishes - Creative Nail Design - Vinylux - Lavishly Loved

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had previously had a pretty good go with Impossibly Plush, so I was looking forward to being Lavishly Loved by Vinylux. Short version, if you don't want to wade through the review: epic bloody fail.

As in my Impossibly Plush review: price was $11.95 per polish with free shipping, plus needing the top coat.

I put this on on a Thursday night. Lavishly Loved is a very sheer peachy pink, my nails but better. I did the recommended two coats plus top coat. The colour coats were really runny, the top coat, as noted before, was a little thick. The coverage is sheer - it is listed as sheer, so complaints about coverage must be tempered by the stupidity of the reviewer not reading the bottle. Drying time: about 10 minutes, plus a nice long night of sleep, so if this wasn't dry by Friday morning, it was never gonna be! The finish was nice and shiny.

Now on Friday morning, I did send this polish directly to the front line trenches. Blew the whistle, over the top we go: flew across the country, did a 2 day Navy sail, flew back. And this guy died early. Really early. Maybe didn't even make it over the top of the trench, before being downed by enemy fire. Let me explain:

Friday, 10am at the airport, and I notice that my ring finger nail looks funny. Paler somehow. I touch it, and the whole leaf of polish lifts off, in one massive sheet, leaving a perfect, unpainted nail underneath. WTF? It's not like it had been a tough morning: breakfast, dressing, suitcase in car, check in, sit in lounge. Breathe, breathe: maybe I didn't do 'that' nail right? Maybe I knocked it on something? Wait, no. I did do them right, what is this bulls&%t?!

Flying on airplanes for 8 hours isn't tough on nails (except for the hourly glare at my one, unpainted nail!), and all went well and I managed to get to my bunk on ship in one piece. But the next morning the peeling began. EVERY, SINGLE NAIL. Now I am an officer. I am on ship, but I am not exactly hauling hawsers and fixing engines. I tend to live on the bridge, shouting out steering orders or glaring at the Nav computers. But my nails peeled as if I was working in the kitchen. At one point I actually had to casually brush flakes of pink polish off my uniform so the captain didn't see them. ARGGGH.

I glared at my F'ing nails as I flew all the way back across the country. Suddenly the uber expensive nail salon at Toronto International Airport looked inviting; could I cram a mani into a 25 minute layover?

There is no way to save this...Lavishly Loved sucked. I followed the same routine with both Impossibly Plush and Lavishly Loved. Clean, dry nails, lots of drying time. I expected chipping but not this wholesale flaking off. How can two polishes from the same company, from the same line, be so different? Maybe I'm just a masochist, but I'm going to give it another try. And will update accordingly.